The Man in the Wilderness

By shepherd4583

Have you ever had that moment, when you thought life was normal? You and your family were happy but in the ne... More

Abandon Ship!
Wilderness
Creatures in the Night
Help
Poachers
Ghosts
Hunting
The Truth
Clara V.S. Poachers & A Crocodile
Emotions Running Wild
At Death's Door
Run Away Love
Casani
Finding Him
Losing Him Again
Everything Was A Dream
The Battle Begins
The End
My Happy Ending

Witches

3.7K 132 9
By shepherd4583

As the end of tunnel was a door made out of stone. "Here we are. But where did I put that key?" She said to herself. Patting around her body, and I just stood back. Giggling at her and she eyed me. "You could help instead laughing at an old lady." She said, snapping at me a little bit. That made me move, and begin to search for the key. Feeling around on my hands and knees.

Suddenly, my hand touched something metal. Seeing that it was indeed the key, "Here you are." I said, placing the key into her hand.

"Thank you my dear." Josie said. Placing the key into the lock for the door, and hearing a click. The stone door swinging in, and I gasp. Everything was bright, crystals everywhere, glowing. All of the furniture was made of glass. It was beautiful, and I just kept staring with my mouth wide open. "Are you going to just keep staring or do you want to talk?" Josie said with a laugh. I cough, and follow her into a sitting area.

"Clara... I have seen your life. Ren here as let me see the things you've gone through. I'm very sorry for everything that has happened to you. I also lost my family, and I have been abandoned here on this land. I have lived here long as you can see. I know a lot of things and have seen a lot of things. Adam, I have watched over him for years without him knowing. Some what like a mother, but his brother on the other hand. He has lost control of his anger. Thinking everything good in life is what took his parents and brother away..." Josie said. "I can feel that you want to save your so called lover, who left you."

"I do indeed. How can you help me?" I ask. Staring at her, and she stared back.

"I can help you by giving you something." Josie said.

"And what is that?" I ask.

"My powers... I said you need to give me something in return and that is becoming one of me." I looked at her confused.

"You want me to become a witch. If you help find Adam, and in return I have to become a witch." I said, shocked.

Josie nodded her head. "I do indeed. But I have to teach you first." She said. "I don't know..." I said.

Looking down at my hands. "Well, this is my only offer. Take it or leave it. Because I can see your little lover now, and he is determined to get to his brother. I heard him tell you that he was becoming an animal before you came. But right now, he is going back into that animal he became without you beside him. He is changing every moment you are gone." Josie said.

"Fine... You have a deal. Teach me your ways so I can find him." I said.

Looking up at her, and she had a smile on her face. "Lovely, then we will get started tomorrow. You can if you want stay here in an empty room for the mean time." She said.

I nodded, "I will stay here." I said.

"Ren, will show you to your room." Josie said. She then stood up, and walked away.

I looked over at Ren, his blue eyes staring up at me. I smile, and pet his head. "Come on, boy. Will you show me the room." I said. He licked my hand. Walking down a hallway, and into a rock room. Laying down on the bed, and staring up at the ceiling. Ren jumped up, and laid down beside me. I sigh, and wonder what Adam is doing. Wondering if he missed, like I missed him. I wiped a tear away, and sighed. Falling asleep, wondering what the next day will be like.

Days have went by, and Josie has been showing me things that I've never seen before. Telling me how she got these powers, and for days I've been learning. Today was the day that I officially get my powers. We were traveling, having Ren and panther with us. Josie said, Kishan, the panther is protector. Like Ren is mine. Walking to a secret cavern, hidden in the ocean cove. It took an hour to get to the coast. Standing at the edge of cliff that lead to the ocean.

"Come." Josie said, diving down into the water. My mouth dropped open, and I just stared at the ocean below. I looked down at Ren, and barked at me. "

Fine..." I said, diving into the water. Water rushed over, and swam up to the surface. Taking in air, and seeing Josie climbing onto some of the cliff rocks. I swim towards her, and climb up beside her. Surprisingly for an old lady she is really fit for her age.

"Follow me, we are almost there." She said.

Following her down into a warm tunnel, and we came to a whirlpool. A little pond of water, steam coming off the water. "This pool of water is called the Witches Eye. The witch before me, showed me. This pool is gifted... It will give you my powers I have right now. Come..." Josie said.

Stepping into the pool, sighing as something came over her. I took my hand in hers and stepped into the pool. Gasping as a tingling feeling ran through me. Making goosebumps run all over my body. "Please, close your eyes and sit down." Josie said. I sat down and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I feel her hands on my shoulders. She began to speak in a different language, I couldn't understand it.

Suddenly, pain went through me. Making me scream out in pain, but in the next moment. Everything in me changed. I felt different, and I slowly opened my eyes. Seeing Josie kneeling in front of me, breathing really hard. "Are you okay, Clara?" She asked, looking up at me.I nod my head, gasping for air. "My powers have been switched over to you."

I looked at her shock. "What? Then how are you going to teach me?" I asked.

"I will be able to use my powers, but only for a couple of days. Trust me, I can do this. This is how my mentor taught me." Josie explained. "Now, let's head back. You are probably exhausted by now." I yawn at her words. The next thing I know we're back at the cave.

I gasped. "Why didn't we do this earlier?" I asked. "Because I wanted to go for a walk." She said, giving me a smile.

I sigh, and lay on the ground. "Don't fall asleep here. Go to your room." Josie said, walking away. I laugh, and get up. Heading to my room, and falling onto my bed exhausted from what happened. Laying there, I wondered what powers I have. Because Josie explained that I may have all four of the elements or just one. That's when I remembered she gave me a book to read about witches. Grabbing the book from underneath the bed, and lying down. Turning on the little lamp, and began to read.

We have lived for thousands of years, hiding away from people. People who want to hurt our kind. Us witches decided to move to this forgotten island. Learning the ways of the witches. There are all kinds of witches; fire, water, air, earth. But some can control all four of these elements. Those witches are powerful, and they help control the balance of good and evil.

I began to get a little scared, about what I was getting myself into. But I skipped to the chapter about the elements.

Fire, it's the most dangerous power. Witches that have cold hearts and are fighters are gifted with fire. Controlling their hatred is a key thing with the fire element. Fire can take over the heart, burning it to a crisp.

Earth, is the toughest to master. From creating earthquakes to rocks slides, you have to have your emotions balanced. If you think bad, earthquakes will be created. If you think good, then you will grow plants.

Wind, is the peace keeping of powers. You mustn't have a cold soul, but a peace making one. Controlling it with your body, keeping calm during difficult situations. Wind element can be calming to the soul, but other times it can destroy the most things you care about.

Water, is the rarest element. Water is the healing of souls, and keeping people of the good. Controlling this you must have a kind heart. Water can heal people, animals, and plants. Water helps protect when times are tough for the heart.

I pause, and stand up. Walking around, pacing around my room. All of the elements sounded crazy, and I now have so many questions that I want answered. Opening the door, and walking down the hallway. Finding my way to the kitchen, which I heard the sounds of pots and pans. Opening the door and smelling something delicious cooking. Seeing Josie was slaving away, "Josie..." I said. Sitting down at the island. She looked up from cutting some vegetables.

"Yes, dear. I thought you were going to bed?" She asked. Pouring the vegetables into a pot.

"I was, but then I opened the book you gave me. And I have so many questions to ask you now." I explained to her.

Her blue eyes pierced mine, "What are your questions?"

"Is this whole begin a witch, is it scary? Can the elements inside me now, can they destroy me?" I ask, worry coursing through me.

"Yes and no. The powers that you hold, or were given today are special to you. Those powers that were given to you, you can either turn them into good or bad. We still don't know which elements the pools gave you. So, we just need to watch where they take you. Because, I and you don't want yourself to go toward the dark side." Josie said, scooting a bowl of the soup she just made.

I stared down at it, "I hope the darkness won't consume me either." I said. Taking a bite of the soup. Wondering what elements I were going to be given. Suddenly, the soup I had began to swirl out of the bowl. Swirling around my spoon, and I stared at it amazed. Looking away from the water toward Josie, suddenly the soup fell all over the table.

Gasping, I stood up. Josie smiled at me, "I see you have the water element..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
22.4K 665 35
Have you ever wished to spend your days sitting in the sun? Not having to care about anyone or anything? Never having to worry about make-up, boys, c...
2.6K 804 28
"Hey! Can't you stop for like five minutes? I have so many questions and you keep going on and on." I yelled at him. He turned around and proceeded...
377K 12K 24
I sense a presence with me in the glade and ready myself to run 'Whoever's there show yourself'. He steps from the shadows like a ghost, barely makin...