Last

By Califonia

She is the Last. The Last Duchess. And Everyone wants to kill her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Out of the Normal
Chapter 2 - The Day, The Morning and Hello
Chapter 3 - Just wanna be Invisible
Chapter 4 - What the Hell, You only live once
Characters

Explanations

644 22 35
By Califonia

The song connects with the feel of this chapter, enjoy!

*******************************************************************************************************************The Laws of the world i am talking about is Mailinia. A place were werewolves run the land. I can only begin to tell it from the beginning. The VERY beginning. How it all began.

You see there was a crack in the human universe at the beginning ( around 5 million years). Imagine a mirror. A big clear massive mirror. The kind which goes on forever in a endless pool of clear reflection. And earth inside. The mirror is reflecting and keeping out all the bad stuff which never should go to Earth. A small splinted, landed like a dart just after this mirror was made, stuck in the center. As time went on, bad things happen On Earth, this clause the crack the splinter made to grown in to thousands of little cracks. Dark stuff oozed out of these cracks, creating more cracks. Over Millions of Years the cracks grew, Until there was nothing left to crack. Then it shattered. The last remaining pieces fell onto earth and the two world became one. The good and the bad. Yin and Yang.

The Worlds, Mailinia and Earth had broken the Laws. They were one world now. Earth use to be were humans were humble, innocent and fumbling. In the world of Mailinia There were people who were more animal than human, yet there souls were mixed. As the worlds collided the souls and beings of the two planets combined in to one. Shifters.

The humans found there animal, yet a Society formed still as the new species learnt to control them selves. There were dominant animals, Which ruled above others. The first was wolves. There was 4 packs of them to begin with all a Royalty of them own. A pack was almost destroyed in the war to lead the new world, Mailinia. But one Came out on top. The Marsen. They Began to rule. All the other Shifters began to fall in line, Except for to Packs. McKenna and Vincus. The Vincus were always in a war for the throne. Many died. Too much Death

The Battle of Cergarth, put a stop to the fighting. It was a ruthless Battle. Fighting for 72 hours straight. With still no avail. Blood was being spilt every were and the Vincus were losing heavenly. All there warriors were gone. The King, Richard 2nd, strode up to the Alpha, the leader Kilcar and said

"Do you comply with my terms? Accept to become a Solider to the Throne? Abide all The Laws?" The Vincus knew they were at the mercy of the king, their mates were killed. They had no will to live yet hope that this fighting will stop. Kilcar Spoke up with a straggle of red liquid dripping out his mouth.

"We Have no will to live. Yet why do you answer this question, Brother?" As soon as the word left Her mouth, she felt a paw slash across her face. Old times we never forgotten. Pity they had such good memory. These wolves were old, around 200 years. The packs all descend from two leaders. To Great Shifters. They were great and had many cubs. they didn't have cubs often so it was rare to have close kin. 

"I ask this on the ground of peace, and no death is wanted here. Say Yes and I will take you away from this" he gestured around them " Misery when you belong, in the palace."

"No", With that reply Richard raised his hand and let it drop. The screams were heard miles away. 

But what happened to the McKenna's you ask. I'll tell you. They are probably the most important clan. The leader at the time was a Were Called Cergarth. The battle was named after him as he died watching them kill the last Vincus. The fact that he was a duke was common knowledge. But the fact he had mated, was not, nor the fact he had a child. These were dangerous times for any Wolf not of royalty. Many switched their loyalty to the throne. Few remained, but the few was enough.

****************************************************************************************************************

There is a reason Cergarth's Mate and Cub were hidden. Cergath had found a piece. a piece of the glass. A piece of the bubble, a piece of the mirror. He gave it to her, Daniella, and it hung around her neck as a token of love and Protection. She was the duchess.

A female monarch was unheard of in Mailinia, and yet she was a powerful one. Earn respect by war, yet know personally by very few. She was the duchess. The only opponent against the king. She had a cub with Cergarth, Calla. After the Calla Lily. A scared flower. It grows all year round. The calla lily was thought by Romans to relate with the winter solstice. The lilies were forced to bloom during the darkest time of year to celebrate light and goodness in the darkness. Calla was born just before the thaw broken of the year. She was Daniella's life. Her only hope. So she hid away. In a House. In the Forest of Starlington. Away from Cuxhaven. Away from everything which had destroyed Cergarth, Calla's father.

A couple of months before Fait, the Queen .  Had a boy. The first born of Richard, the future king of Mailinia. They celebrated greatly, Balls, feasts, heps upon heps of joy. They received many gifts from Cat to Bear to Goat clans. His name was Blake. Blake Alexander Marsen. He grew up in the castle of Cuxhaven, in laps of luxury. 

****************************************************************************************************************

 I stood there looking out across the battle field, these shifters were, twisting the strings. Killing the other packs was not a move advised. They were important. The vines are moving again. This was not good. I have watched the world go by like a feather falling to the ground, time ticking on. I stared at the pool of clear water, spreading wide and far. It use to be so clear pristine. Before the bubble shattered. Now it was a dark pool. Still clear enough for me to seer. I looked up tonight was different. The stars were changing, The strings were twisting, and fate was changing. I learnt forwards over the pool of pure water,

"Show me what i seer, O' Water of Pure Karalee, I wish to seer the future change, in the twisted fates". The waters began to swirl. changing, flashing turning my vision sideways, up, down. Backwards. Forwards, right, left, back again, till it slowed to a stop. My eyes began to clear. the images reflected up to me on the sheet of aqua.

Two cubs                           

4 apart

Change our course

Out of Darkness they come

They shall shine light

But wain the wars

 Truth will come

Lies betrayed

turn to the cats in darkness days.

The prophecy began to fade, the waters turned back to black clearness. It was nearly over. I can come out to the world again. But I must find paper and write this down. I race around the crystal cavern, as the stars beamed their light through the cavern and on to the water, changed the light on the waters, peoples lives carried on in laughter, tears and calmness. I wrote it down, scribbling as the words rang on in my head, as i signed then end,

I am of the seers, a Okapi of were, Trekker by nature.

****************************************************************************************************************

2 years later...

Daniella

She was beautiful, my beautiful little girl.  She lay there in the cot, with her big violet eyes staring up at me with full admiration. Those same eyes which once told me they loved me were given to Calla the same as to Cergarth. I miss him so much. She is my will to live now and that is that.

She wasn't going to have a easy life. I know that for sure. But maybe there's hope she might get trained like a full were. I hope so.

A knock on the door, sent me swirling round to attack the person at the door.

"don't worry. It's only me!" The warrior cheetah, raised his golden paws up, above his head.

"Rakkah, I can see you got swords on your back." I said, crossing my arms and giving him the 'I know so don't play with me' look. He chuckled and walked across the room. A small moan came from Calla as she half changed in her sleep. Some brown fur with white belly and muzzle with white tips for ears and tail. The switch of my colors. Except for her eyes, beautiful rich full violet, with white flecks like the stars on the night sky

"She’s a beautiful wolf" he exclaimed under his breath as he Lent over the crib and stroked her nose. “What are you going to do when she older?”

“I don’t know Rakkah.” I signed, looking up at the dotty warrior,

 “I’ll Train her till the age she ready, then her fate is decided upon.”  He said. “Its least i can do for her father, after the sacrifices he made for the Cat clans.”

“Thank you Rakkah, I think if she is ready and can defend herself, I’ll pass on the title to her and send her to Colliton.”

“Is that wise Daniella, really?”

“I’m sure-“ I was cut off as Kes of the Stag clan came in, caring my swords, and mid warrior change.

“We’re under attack!” He screamed, turning round just in time to kill the on tacking zebra. A common solider. Breed like wild fire. I raced out the room, Killing as i went. Aiming for outside but i never go past the corridor. They were fighting in my dinning room. The last sane place in this house. I growled and a moment everyone stopped. Weres of all kinds attacking, killing and wounding. My beautiful Cream chairs were now a deathly red and broken to pieces. The Cheetahs and leopard clans were fighting with us, with the occasional stag locking antlers with the enemy, And me. One of the Last of the McKenna. I was not going to die, I was going to protect my home and livelihood to the death. I change in to my Warrior wolf. 7ft high with white fur and ice eyes, with a brown under belly and muzzle. I charge to wards a group of warriors slashing left and right.

 This was terrible. Kes was struck with a claw in the neck, i noticed just in time to see the same claw dripping with blood aim for me. I ducted no one was gonna kill the duchess, let alone Calla. I quickly disposed of the fox, by waking him in the muzzle and below. Desolating his body with my two swipes. A large roar was heard as the polar bears arrived. Icegrer. Damn. We might win at the rate the cheetahs were going, Rakkah spinning, and deposing fist ant the right moment. But i might not. Polar bears began to surround me. This was not going my way.

“Your going to die Duchess, even if it’s the last thing i do” screamed Icegrer, the leader of the Bears, He began to charge. I braced myself. I was going to die fighting.

I swiped at him.

“Not too soon Gorgeous.” He smirk, but was quickly wiped off when i punched him in the stomach. Send a fierce growl out. The smirk return as he hit me in the ankles. “Cat got your tongue?!”

I didn’t reply. He didn’t deserve it. He hit me in the stomach then aimed for my neck, using a common move. I signed he hit me in the neck. Hard but not hard enough. I was dying as i cough up blood over his shoulder as delivered the killing blow. I hadn’t spent time to look at the surround remainder of my dining room. Some zebras had run back to Cuxhaven, good. Most of the enemy was dead, just the last was standing. Few stags remained standing, most of the leopards and cheetahs were dead. Rakkah was shouting orders at our tiny army. I tried to stand up, but swayed back down again. My vision was going fuzzy.

“Daniella! Are you ok?” The pain in his voice was pained.

“Take care of Calla” I stained to say, opening my eyes as wide as i could “Please get my chairs back to cream. And i love her...” I said feeling the darkness beginning to take over.

“Trust you to say that.” He said joking, but then he saw me beginning to slip away, my eyelids flickering.”Don’t Go..”

“ I have to Rakkah. Take care of her...” and with that the darkness took over. I felt damp drops of tears drip on to my face, as i said goodbye to the world, and my friend. A faint hum of the cats was heard as the death bell  tolled. I was gone, but i will look after my beautiful little girl.

Fait - Cuxhaven Capital

 Blake. He is gorgeous. Small yet incredibly strong. Just like his father. And he was my cub. My first born. My life. I am pregnant again, i hope it’s a girl. That would be great. I do love cubs.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH”

The down side of cubs, I gently went over to the silver encrusted cot and pick up my 2 year old, i began to cuddle him. To soothe him. A bell began to toll. I stared out the window. Several zebra weres were coming back wounded. A general asked what had happened. I tuned in to my wolf senses while patting Blake on the back.

“what has happen Jenkins?” asked the Horse General sanding tall, supporting the white and black haired were.

“the duchess” He coughed and   splatted “ Is” another cough  and a sneeze “is dead”.

No, It can’t be true. Daniella dead??? O’dear lady. Not her. Not my friend. Blake began to cry so i tried to comfort him, but it is hard with tears streaming down your face.

Richard entered and sat by me. He enveloped me in a hug kissing me on the forehead, then kissing Blake.

“I’m sorry Fait, i really am” Life didn't have to be cruel. but this was the only way to survive this. 

*******************************************************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...