No Wolf's End (Book 3 Of Mcka...

By DominaAlexandra

Mckayla has experienced more than enough turmoil against her and her pack. After being turned into a hybrid a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chqpter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 15

1.8K 131 7
By DominaAlexandra

Mckayla

The stream of emotion between Nina and I was hectic for the next several hours. We talked, keeping space from the pack, overall equally feeling a lot more confident in our relationship than in the last several months.

"How long will you be gone?"

Many of my new pack members were beginning to feel the loss of me physically not being present for the next week. Virginia was the last place I wanted to have this council meeting. I could understand their worry. They had gone too long without an Alpha and now that they had one I was leaving for a week.

I would have left a few days earlier but Nina and Cormic convinced me enough to drive to the damn State. The whole, they weren't going to be running that far, thing turned them off from my original plans.

I cupped one of my pack's face, giving her the comfort she needed along with a few other pack members. "It is important that I attend. Trust this much when I say I don't want to go...but have to."
It took me having to explain to a few women in my pack that I was with Nina but unless I went Alpha and scary threatening on them, the women in my pack still looked at me in a way that made Nina frown. As for the men, it was somehow easier for me to get them to back off. Having some of the new women in our pack still pinched a nerve in Nina but our relationship was taking a step into the right path. That's what mattered.

I hated the way our relationship was and how close we were--how close I was to ending it.

"We're going to miss you." Another woman in my pack happily let me know. I nodded earnestly ready to head out. Only a few more people to see.
Walking over to Laurie she automatically fell into my arms. I kissed the top of her head, squeezing her with the promise of coming back as fast as I could.

"We will have to talked about you and Karen," I whispered.

Laurie held fear in her eyes looking up at me. "We haven't done anything. Not even kiss...I swear..."

"Hey...hey...relax. I do not disapprove of Karen. I already trust her to take care of you rather I'm around or not." I brushed some of her hair out her face. "There is just so much more you and her need to learn and experience. Being a Were is an amazing and a thing to treasure. As mates...that is even more honorable."

"We're far away from being mated..." Laurie said with a flushed expression.

I smiled. "Oh...I know. A few more years at least. But...she is your mate," I said sure of that, without giving her room to question or deny.

Karen stepped down from the porch, and I could see a faint blush rise in Laurie's cheeks without seeing Karen's approach. When mated or en route, you just knew when your other half was close.

"Please keep an additional eye on my girls...both of them."

Karen stood straighter feeling honored I'd given her that responsibility in taking care of Laurie and Kaylee. I felt proud to give it to her and that's why I did.

I had no doubt Bran would do a great job keeping my pack safe. I was leaving him in charge. He was my Prima with Sara now running second to him.
My sister walked up to me, looking in pain from only walking down the stairs. Sara was a foot behind her, close and protective.

"I want to speak to you alone."

I nodded and held her hand as I helped her walk a few steps off in distance. "You're going to be fine?"
"Yes...why wouldn't I be?" My tone was defensive. It was a habit I couldn't step out of. For the last two days I was asked that on more than one occasion.
Rachel gave me a concerned look.

"Rachel...I'll be fine. You...and everyone else stop asking." I said that loud enough to make sure everyone heard me.

"Ah haven't asked ye a damn thing yet." Rosalie's voice cut into our conversation as if disappointed with not giving her input. With the death glare I gave her, she changed her approach of topic..."stop looking like ye want to claim me...ah am teasing ye."
I rolled me eyes.

"You going to miss me?" Cormic asked with a cheesy grin.

"Ah don't think ah will be," Rosalie dismissed.

There was a hint of disappointment in Cormic's eyes which surprised the hell out of me and I shifted my gaze back to Rosalie who seemed to not notice.

"But...since ah will be stuck dealing with the young vampires...would ye tell me great grammy ah miss her and want to come home."

I arched a brow. "Tired of me already?"

"More like ye wolves and babysitting. I don't like feeling confined to one place for too long.
"
"Sounds like how Mckayla use to be," Rachel said.
Yes. There was a time as a rogue, I lived no where and slept anywhere. There was no pack, mate, or kids to hold me to one place. My mind drifted to that time and I sighed missing it for only a few seconds. I never regretted what I have now.

"Ah have heard. Very adventurous of ye," Rosalie joked.

"It wasn't for adventure," I snarled.

My life as a rogue didn't come with smelling any roses or making love under a sunset. It was harsh and exhilarating with the thrill of danger and the fear I put into others. I lived alone because I was alone.

Somewhere in my mind, my hybrid began to feed off of my dark life, feeling mixed emotion. If only I could have known what blood tasted like sooner, my hybrid whispered to only me.

I snapped myself out of my own enthrall finding Rosalie's eyes steady on me. "Ah am sure once ye see Elena things will settle."

Or get worse, I thought.

It was openly clear for both Nina and I that Elena might have feelings for me as well as Rogue for Nina. What a fucked up situation.
I tried to convince Nina without words for the last two days that I held no interest for Elena.
She was my sire and trying to convince her with words and actions; I could only do so much.

"Rachel...do as Sara says. Please don't be reckless with trying to protect others. I will know."

"I am not going to put my cubs life at risk," Rachel snarled.

"Of course. I didn't mean to..."

"I get it. This is the first time you've been truly away since you found out you have an amazing and gorgeous sister."

I smiled, letting her have that. Nina came out with a bag and I rushed to her, taking it from her hands.

"I could have carried that myself," she said with a smile.

"I know..." I placed the strap over my shoulder. "But...I know I don't help out as much...doing things for you."

"You do more than enough," Nina said. With her last statement I noticed blush in her cheeks. She was pleased with my actions and words. "We should head out."

I looked off toward the house. Kaylee avoided me the entire week. She wanted me to stay and I couldn't blame her. I was always disappearing on her coming back me new grief and changes.

"She'll be fine," Rachel promised. "Once your back she will be jumping all over you."

No matter what she said, not having Kaylee kiss and hug me for my leave hurt. But I had to be strong for her. I promised myself this was the last time I would leave her.

I nodded walking towards the car. When I looked at it my entire body shivered, uncomfortable with the idea of getting inside.

"It's harmless Mckayla," Cormic teased.

"I'm not afraid of it. I just feel closed in."

Nina ran her hand up my back trying to calm more of my hybrid. Fortunately, her touch did make my hybrid relax, appreciative of Nina's care. "Mckayla...you can do this. You've done it before," Nina encouraged me.

"That was different and it wasn't hours in the car. I needed to get you and Sara back to safety and that's what was on my mind."

"Well think of it this way. Getting in this car and driving all the way to Virginia is the stepping stone to protecting not only me and our pack, but many around us. Humans, werewolves, and vampires."
Hearing Nina include vampires as a part of the race to protect brought a smile upon my face. I heard the genuine acceptance in her tone. Since being half vampire, I slowly merged to the acceptance of who I was.

"Cormic...can you drive?" Nina turned to him, her back to me.

By the expression that crossed over Cormic's face, I knew Nina was giving him some sort of look that told me she wasn't asking. "And smoothly please." Nina handed him the key sliding into the back seat.
Cormic took the bag I was carrying off my shoulder. "I'll take this madame."

He presented me with a bow exaggerating his role as some sort of shofer.

Nina patted the seat next to her. I took in a long breath making a decision. Being back in a pack had given me back things I missed and enjoyed. The moments of memorable conversations with laughter. Running, hunting, and sleeping with the pack. Cooking meals I use to enjoy making and all over again did. Far as eating the meals I cooked I could never get back into that. My appetite for tearing through flesh was too strong for that and now that I was a hybrid, I would never be able to eat human food again.

Sleeping in beds still felt unnatural along with using any type of electronic devices. Now I was about to head all the way to Virginia from Arizona in a car.
Compromise. Feeling closed in, trapped. Confined, my hybrid hummed.

No. Nina was here to keep me from losing it. Let her help. My hybrid listened trusting in my trust of Nina. That was a start.

~

Nina

The entire trip to Virginia was an adventure that Cormic easily made for us to experience. I'd never been this far from my home and the anxiety was weighing in on me.

Mckayla squeezed my thigh giving me a sense of comfort.

Cormic opened the back door on my side, "ladies..."
I grimaced, sliding out as Mckayla followed my movement.

My sight was open to a ambiance of green. A lot of green. Grass; trees. More green than Arizona could handle.

There was a dirt path straight view a house. "Who's home is this?"

"Mines." Mckayla's unexpected admission had my head turn to her in utter disbelief.

"But...you don't--didn't sleep in houses."
Mckayla only smiled at my dubious expression. "Doesn't make that fact...any less, this as my place.
"
"But..."

"A friend left it to me." I looked up at her as Mckayla shied her head away. Walking past me Mckayla walked up to the house just as someone came out through the front door.

"Kayla..." A woman sped down the steps embracing Mckayla, another woman following close behind.
I stood to the side, curiosity in who this woman was to Mckayla. There was no jealousy or thought of them being past lovers. Their embrace was a declaration of friendship in every way that mattered.

Mckayla seemed to sigh into her friends arms as if she owed this woman so much gratitude. "Sam...
"
The woman, Sam let go of Mckayla looking across to me. She smiled politely, reaching out from behind as the woman that followed Sam out grabbed her hand. "This is Lani. My mate."

I watched the exchange of elation and pride cross Mckayla's face. "The news reached me."

"Through Cormic's mouth, I'm sure," Sam chuckled.

Mckayla laughed. "He can't help it."

"Yes he can. He chooses not to."

"I'm Kayla..." Mckayla held her hand out going with the name she lived by as a rogue. "Nice to meet you."

"Same to you. Sam's told me a lot about you." Lani held a sweet tone.

"I'm only sorry I wasn't back in New Mexico to help kill the Were who turned you," Mckayla said grimly.
Lani shrugged, nodding her head with some sort of clarity. "I see why Sam and you are friends."

Mckayla smiled and then looked to me with sudden uneasiness. She worried I'd think they were old lovers.

"Who's this gorgeous face?" Sam asked.

Mckayla seemed to struggle with an answer and I tried not to take that personal. We weren't mated and they could smell that. I was lying. Mckayla's struggle in introducing me hurt a little but I could see why. She knew what was going through my head. Frustration. I wished things could rewind and I could have them smell us and just know I was Mckayla's.

"Hey...I'm Nina." I offer a hand as she took it with a light shake.

"Nina...I've heard great things," Sam responded.

I turned to Mckayla hopeful she told her friend about me.

"Cormic told us you were attacked," Sam continued.
Of course Mckayla didn't tell her anything. Cormic did.

"Well...Mckayla was quick in action..."

"O...I'm sure of that." Sam stood straighter, "and I was glad to take out their leader with Rogue and Cormic's help."

"Hey...did you put food in the house?" Cormic called from the house.

"Greedy," we all said in unison walking inside.

~

Mckayla

"I didn't think you wanted me to call you my mate," I whispered to Nina. She sat on the couch across, her attention not on me. Snarling, I rushed around the living room table, sitting on it as I tried to force Nina to listen. "What would have been the point? All you remind me about is how we're not truly mated. I thought. I was stupid."

"Why do you have to be an ass sometimes?"
I frowned, straightening back up.

"How come you never told me you owned a house? What else is there I should know about you?"

"You never asked." There was no anger in my voice. Some part of me did hurt knowing Nina never cared to know my past.

Sam walked in with a cup of wine.

Standing, Nina smiled politely at my friend. "I think I'm going to grab some of what you're having."

I nodded, taking a moment to digest in more of the tension that seemed to float over Nina and I like a dark eerie cloud.

"Everything okay?"

I closed my eyes, pressing my elbows into my thighs as my face rested into the palm of my hands. "Not really. But I'll live."

Sam took a seat on the couch Nina was just occupying studying me for a moment.

"Jeez Sam...don't."

"I didn't do anything," Sam smiled. She knew exactly what I was talking about. She always had a habit of telling me what she thought rather I wanted to listen or not. "So..." Sam took a sip of her wine waiting for me to give her attention. "How does it feel...being a hybrid now?"

I shrugged. "Different."

The memories of my first moment as a hybrid were to fast to recount. There was so much going on with Sal and keeping my pack safe.

"Can I see?"
It took me a moment to comprehend what she was asking. Sam respected all things. Judgement of other beings was far from her mind. When I first Sam, I was a rogue killing those who were much too weak to fight back.

She was a Hunter and I was her mark. Game. But instead of killing me like she was asked to do her in the great place of Virginia, she captured me, locking me away in a cage for weeks. For weeks I paced, snarled, and snapped my canines at her until I no longer felt the urge to fight. She did help the process in changing me from a killer to a hunter like her.
She passed me off to Cormic asking him to help guide me and soon after, I met Rogue.

After the ordeal of trying and failing to succeed at killing Sal, I went back to Sam where she trained me further all-together calming my wolf. Now, I faced her as a hybrid and still I settled feeling tranquil and unruffled.

Giving into Sam's request, which she much deserved my eyes glimmer a burning gold as the pupils in my eyes constricted to sapphire glow.
Sam's hand brushed my cheek. "They're beautiful."
It felt amazing around Sam. She was truly my best friend though I never admitted that. I never acknowledged anything between us. "Thank you."

Sam regarded me with a smile and then nodded. "I have always respected you. And loved you like a sister."
Again, a smile creased into Sam's features as she nodded. "I know. And I have always felt the same for you. I'm glad you are able to finally say it."

Rolling my eyes, I shoved her. "Don't throw my failure to speak back at me."

"More like failure to admit what you felt. You said many words at times" Sam teased me taking another sip of wine. She was talking about the times I'd curse her out and threatened to kill her when she first locked me in a cage.

I was glad Sam didn't ask about my relationship with Nina. At the moment it was too complicated.
"I didn't know you and Elena knew each other," I said. That fact had been on my mind since the moment I found out. It's not like she had a reason at the time to tell me. I never knew Elena before now.
Sam smirked, rolling her eyes as she leaned her back into the couch. "I was wondering when that would slip out your mouth."

"Never mind."

"Honestly Kayla. I wouldn't have invited her to come if I'd known you were bringing Nina."

My eyes widen. "What?"

Sam gazed apologetic. "Christian gave the impression..." Sam waved off whatever words she was about to say and spoke again with a knee set of words... "I knew you weren't mated to Nina and I thought."

I stood with a little panic in my throat as I spoke. "She's coming to my house."

"Honestly Kayla...she came to me a few weeks ago looking pretty beaten up...emotionally. And then Cormic said it might just be you and him coming. I thought..."

"Fucking Cormic..." I paced around wondering how I was going to play this out. I stopped with questions on my mind. "She knows this is my home and I'll be here?"

Sam took her time in answering my question and I frowned. "You were setting both of us up?" I snarled.

"Not like that Kayla. She's your sire. I thought if anything...you two could repair whatever happened."

"Nothing happened. She just left."

My words earned a grunt out of Sam. "Left you. Maybe the why, in her leaving draws for concern."

Fuck. "Sam...I can't do this right now."

"Kayla." Sam tried calling me to her as I rushed for the door but I ignored her opening it ready to escape.

I was met with a pair of soft hazel eyes at the door. Those same eyes belonged to Elena. Until now...I never noticed how hazel her eyes were. Every thick long eyelash that landscaped over her eyes, drew me in. Elena watched me with a blank stare than slowly merged into a hard expression as she shifted her gaze to Sam. "I told you not to get involved."

"When do I ever listen?" Sam stated. "You know how I am. Admit that you wanted to see her."

Again, I watched never taking my eyes off of Elena. I had missed her every minute upon hour and hour upon day. My body itched as my hybrid scratched to touch Elena. But there was another emotion hidden inside that was gradually rising. Elena stepped in closer to me but then pivoted back, forcing distance between us again.

I frowned. "You left me."

"I left both my progenies. Not just you." Elena's tone was as if our bond was only a business arrangement.
Grimacing, I nodded. I was not going to beg her for an explanation or admit some truth that I knew deep down, I wasn't ready to here. "Of course. Rosalie is ready to go home by the way. I'm sure...wherever you ran off to."

"I have many homes," Elena responded expressionless.

"I know what that feels like," I said.

"Not anymore." Somehow that statement felt like a slap. She was dismissing a piece of me that existed with so much pain and dark memories.

"Well...this is one of them." Elena got the message.
"I'll see you both tomorrow at the council meeting." With that, Elena turned off slipping off into the dark in a matter of seconds.

I slammed the door louder than I wanted. My hybrid was feeling mixed emotions, highly conflicted.
Turning back to face Sam, I saw Nina in the corner of my eye. If there was room on Nina's face to express all she was thinking right now, I'm sure elation would have appeared from what had just transpired. At the moment, all I saw was curiosity to what happened and the words that had been exchanged.

"I thought I was helping..."

"You know Sam. You're great at helping in a lot of things. Just not this."

With that said I walked pass Sam up the stairs to any room that would offer me privacy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 2.1K 22
In the fourth series of Mckayla's story, she is back to her rogue self. No care for humanity. No interest in feeling anything. Too much pain occurs w...
2.9K 510 50
Natalia Caia, second-in-line to Caia, is trying to navigate the intricate politics of her world with grace and determination, existing to protect her...
89.5K 3K 31
(3RD BOOK OF BLOOD WOLF SERIES) Quinn doubted ever finding someones else after the passing of her mate. Alone. Pained. Joyless. But fortunately for h...
189K 6.4K 24
(1ST BOOK OF BLACKBLOOD SERIES) Asher had quite a strange start to her life. First of all, she's the first female werewolf that's alpha-blooded that...