Book 1: She's a Keeper | Augu...

By LivThaWriter

What happens when you meet the one person you relate with the most? All rights reserved. No part of this pub... More

Not Your Average Story...
1
3.1
3.2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17.1
17.2
18
19
20 ~ Filler Chapter
21
22
23
24
25.1
25.2
26
27
28.1
28.2
29
30
31.1
31.2
Books
32
33
34
35
36
37.1
37.2
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45.1
45.2
46
47

2

104K 2.7K 2.4K
By LivThaWriter

fave and cydney in mm

I didn't proof this, I prolly should've but enjoy 😌

August Alsina

"I luh ya LA, It's been real!" I yelled inta tha mic before I got off stage.

I chilled 'round back for good min, meetin' sum fans wit backstage passes and downin' a few cups of Hennesey. Afta hangin' 'round fa a bit, I made my way ta my dressing room wit ma assistant and OG's right behind me

"August, when you get back to Atlanta, you have a meet and greet the next morning and a meeting with your manager."

"Thanks, Aly" I replied as I made it ta my room door. "I'll see you in tha A." I shut tha door and I changed out of the clothes I was in, inta sum mo' comfortable and packed up my shit.

Once I was ready ta go, me and tha crew headed ta tha airport ta get on a flight back ta Atlanta. It was a private jet so there won't really a rush other than me just wantin' ta get back home. When I got settled on tha plane, I decided that I'd call tha winner Cydney. I thank ha name was.

I scrolled through my recent messages and found ha number. I notice that tha messages between us was blue, lettin' me kno' she hadda iPhone too, so I decided on surprising ha wit a FaceTime instead of a voice call. I went to tha back of tha plane in tha mini bedroom and sat in tha leather seat that was next ta tha bed, tapping on tha FaceTime button.

Afta about three a'fo' rings, it said it was connecting and ha face popped up on the screen. I was really finna hang up oh ha.

"Whasgood?" I said repositionin' my phone in my hand.

"Hey," she said not lookin' at the camera really.

"Aight, I'm alil confused."

"About what?" she glanced at me.

"You ain't jumping around and screaming over me, so whas good, ma?" I asked.

Most girls I talk to are either crying and and screamin' or jumpin around and thankin me for blessin' them wit ma presence.

"I'm chillin'," she said movin' around a lot. "Plus I did all that earlier." She giggled.

"Damn, you a real one" I said laughin'. "But you good. What you doin' anyways? You look like you been thru some things taday."

"Gee, thanks." She mugged me makin' me laugh again. "I been in the studio all night."

"You sang or sum?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I dance. I teach kids and teens."

"Oh, cool. Maybe you can show me some thangs." I smirked.

"You know what? I would really like to 'cause you really can't dance." She busted out laughin'.

I smacked my lips, "Man, chill wit allat. Nowhea in my occupation says ima danca. I just move around on stage n shit."

"I'm kidding. I wouldn't mind showing you some things though. I teach for a reason." She shrugged ha shouldas. "So what was with the random FaceTime? I'm all sweaty and gross, I wasn't prepared for this." She said placing ha phone down ta put a bag onna back and picked ha phone back up.

"Nah ma, you look gawjuss." I said being honest. She was a good lookin' girl. Had some good hair on ha head and she was cute in tha face. "Shit, look at me."

"August." She paused glaring at me alil bit. "You always look good. People get paid to make you look good." She laughed.

"Well, y'know." I said feelin' myself a bit while she gave me that 'nigga please' face and I busted out laughin'. "I'm kiddin'."

"Anyways." She said tryna hide ha smile, but I noticed it tha first few times she smiled.

"You gotta nice smile, ma." I said watchin' her blush, tryna hide her smile again. "But yeah, I wanna talk about the A Day With Aug thang." I leaned back inta tha chair holdin' my phone up so I could still be seen. "What days are good for you to chill n' shit?" I asked.

She said looking confused. "Days? I thought this was like a one day thing."

"Nah that was just the name of tha contest. Plus the 'days' would be a surprise fa tha winner." I explained.

"Day one you gonna be like my lil shadow and Ima show you the life I live everyday. Day two, we gon hang out and allat, do whateva you wanna do. Day three we gon chill most the day, then do tha concert, afterwards you chill wit me in VIP at Opera Atlanta."

"Wow that's, a lot." She mumbled proppin' ha phone up on tha dash of ha car or whateva.

"Whasup? You don't wanna chill with Big Daddy Aug?" I said makin' ha laugh.

"No, it's not that, I just didn't expect more than a few hours of your time." she shrugged ha shoulders. "You're a pretty busy guy."

"Well that's what you gonna get, Next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday sound good ta you?" I asked again.

"Hm," she thought while furrowing her brows. "Yeah that's fine I guess. I only teach on Mondays and Fridays but I guess my coworker can cover for me that day. But then I'd have to get ahead on my school work.." She thought outloud. "But yeah, it's good."

"You really ain't got no choice, ma." I said bein' honest. "You in college? What you going for?" I asked.

"I'm working on my MBA. I really don't need to honestly. It's just nice to have a backup."

"Why? You just wastin' ya parents money." I asked curiously.

"My brother wanted me to go do something with my life since he couldn't. So I figured it's the least I could do for him." She shrugged ha shouldas again. "And I'm going to school for free, scholarships."

I nodded my head undastandin' what she was sayin'. "Ya brotha, he ain't neva go or sum?"

"He um never got the chance.. he passed a few years back." she said and ha mood changed completely.

"Damn, my bad." Curiosity kilt da' cat.

"It's all good." she said still sounding down, "I gotta go though. I have to get home safely and.. yeah."

"Gon head, ma." I said causing ha ta smile alil. "Ima keep in touch thru da week, aight?"

"Okay. Goodnight August."

"G'night." I said ending tha call.

Damn that went bad real fast. Ion know why but I feel like I need ta make it up ta ha. I know she said it was cool and allat but I felt like I just had ta make it right. I might have sum' up my sleeve.

About a hour later, we had finally arrived at the Atlanta airport and was already on the road to my crib. Once I got there and unpacked and everything and allat, I decided to text Cydney and see if she was good.

You straight?

It was damn near three in tha mornin' so I ain't expect a reply, but I guess I thought too soon when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Cydney M.: I'm fine thanks for checking but don't worry bout me.

Cydney: Made it back in town safe?

I smirked at tha fact that she actually asked if I was home and kept tha topic off ha.

Yeah I'm in. Thought you was gon be sleep

I replied back quickly and head ta tha studio that was built in tha basement of my crib. I was ready ta work on this song. A few minutes after I got settled in, she replied.

Cydney M.: lol I got hungry.

Let big daddy Aug feed you then 😏

Cydney M.: You're so full of it 😂😂I'm fine with my beef Ramen for now.🍜

Yea yea. Whenever you wanna Nola style meal, let a nigga know but on da real I'm finna get in the studio and work on some stuff so ima hit you later

Cydney M.: Will do 'big daddy Aug'. enjoy.

I laughed aloud a bit, reading her message before locking ma phone. I pulled out tha notepad and turned to tha page with 'Song Cry' wrote onnit. I already had a chorus, pre-chorus, bridge anna verse but I still needed two mo' verses.I reached out ta Drake and he too busy doin' what he do, and J. Cole. Cole said he felt like it was already perfect.

I just needed to speak more from the heart. He felt it didn't need him, or anyone really. I really appreciated that, but the song was still missing something I just didn't know what. This was gonna be a long night.

Cydney Michaels

After I got done texting August I finally decided to save his number under the contact name Big Daddy Aug . It fit him perfectly since he'd always refer to himself as that. I found it funny that the name had 'big' in it but he was far from big or buff; he was straight bones.

For some reason I could actually see me and him being good friends just by the way we talked over that FaceTime call. It would be nice to have another friend for once.

I finished the rest of my ramen and took a quick shower before getting into bed. By the time I had finally fallen asleep, It was a little after four in the morning. I knew I had a dance to go and perfect at the studio and I needed plenty of energy but I still refused to sleep, an idiotic move. When I woke up, it was almost nine and I had to be there at noon today since it was the only solo time I could get this week.

"Cydneyyy!" I heard a familiar voice yell out throughout my apartment, breaking my thoughts. It was Hazel letting herself in once again.

We both had keys to each others apartments, seeing as we were living next to each other in the same building, but they were for emergencies only.

She'd seem to have forgotten the keyword: emergency.

I threw my legs over the side of my bed stepping into my slip-on moccasins and stretched while yawning.

Hazel busted through my bedroom door, "Good morning, sunshine!" she smiled patting my head. The grim look on my face wouldn't be something you'd call 'sunshine'.

"Why are you here so early?" I asked walking towards the bathroom.

"Breakfast remember?" she said in a 'duh' tone.

"I know that." I said eying her through the bathroom mirror. "Why so early, is what I'm asking." I wet my toothbrush, applied toothpaste and started brushing my teeth.

"I wanted to know how your call last night went." She asked leaning on the door frame. "Did you even get it?"

I spit out the remaining toothpaste and wiped my mouth off before talking, "Yes I did. He called me after he got on his plane and it wasn't just a regular call." I left out my bathroom with her following me to my closet.

"Was it like some phone sex type shit or sum? The way you grinning over there.." She said while I pulled out a pair of black leggings and a white fitted crop tank.

"Why is your mind always on sex, Hazel." I said exchanging my night wear to what I picked out. "and no he just FaceTimed me." I tried hiding my smile, avoiding eye contact.

"Girl, don't be mad cause I'm getting some and you ain't." She said being all extra.

"Hazel, I choose to not get sum, okay?" I said, cocking my head to the side.

"Yeah, whatever." She said before continuing, "So what y'all talk about?"

"We just talked about the contest stuff and how it would go," I started explaining about the three days I'd be spending with August instead of the expected few hours we thought.

"Don't that lil concert got my boo in it?" She asked crossing her arms. I nodded in reply. "Sure would be nice to get in there." she sighed.

"Girl, you know I got you." I said slipping on my neon green Roshes and matching windbreaker. "Gimme a few days though, I don't want him to think I just want favors."

I paused thinking to myself for a moment, "Wait, is Johnny even gonna allow you to go?" I asked.

Johnny was her over controlling, possessive boy toy.

"Girl, you know he don't keep a hold on me. It's just a hi, fuck and bye thing with him." I followed her to my front door.

Johnny was always blowing up her phone wondering where she was and who she was with. She never replied until she wanted something from him. They weren't even together, the sex Is bomb so he became her official side nigga.

"Where we eating at today?" She asked as I grabbed my keys before opening the door.

"I dunno I was thinking maybe-- August?"

"Whass good ma?" He said, his accent slipping out.

"Mm. Look who popped up." Hazel smirked before I could reply.

"August, what are you doing here?" I asked really wanting to know. He said he'd keep in touch, not show up at my doorstep.

"Damn, you really don't be gettin' excited ova a nigga." He said. "You ain't gonna invite a nigga in?"

"Sorry, we were about to leave." I said looking at him.

"Well I was hoping ta take ya out fa breakfast as a apology."

"What he do already?" Hazel butted in.

Although he was wearing his dark shades, I could still see the confusion is his eyes trying to figure out who she was and why she was all ears to our conversation.

"August this is Hazel, my cousin. Hazel, August."

"Nice ta meet you." he said nodding his head.

"Likewise, now back to my qu--"

"Nothing Hazel," I said cutting her off, "and August, it's not that big of a deal." I said towards him.

"Well to me it was," He said leaning on the door frame.

I took the time to noticed how nice he looked just dressed in a simple black tank top that said 'Reckless' across it, showing off his inked and scrawny arms, clad in a pair of jeans, finishing the look with his usual gold chains and a pair of J's. "Sayin' 'my bad' don't cut it fa me."

"Well me and Hazel were about--"

"Cyd go ahead and go with him.. I'll see you later on, boo." She said eying the both of us and passed through the door frame by August.

"Okay, August, I'm all yours." I spoke up letting him into my apartment.

He walking in looking around the place, smiling showing off his gold, bottom grill.

"This is nice," he said dragging his skinny finger across the granite counter. "You live hea by yaself?"

I nodded answering his question, "You say this is 'nice' like you ain't living in some mansion up in the the hills." I said throwing my keys on the counter.

"You right, you right." He leaned against the counter while smiling hard.

"Well," he started again after a few seconds of silence, "a nigga ain't ate yet so you ready?"

"Well, I kinda need to change.." I said looking at what I was wearing.

"Why, ma? You look cute witcha bright ass workout gear on, bun on fleek." He said, dusting off my shoulders.

I turned my smiling face away from him, hiding my cheeks that were beginning to turn red before he turned my face back to him. "Don't do that." He said.

I started at him confused.

"Don't hide ya face from me," he spoke again, "I hate when girls do that."

"Sorry." I said looking down before bringing my head back up.

"Na let's go." he grabbed my bag that I held over my shoulder and pulled me by my wrist, leading me out the door.

"Wait, I have to go somewhere after." I said as he walked with me towards the elevator

He didn't respond so I began to ask another question, "Are you gonna take me?" Still no reply.

I sighed and just kept my mouth shut until we stepped into his car.

"August, how did you know where I lived?" I spoke again, seriously wanting an answer this time.

"Damn, you ask a lotta questions. Just sit back and enjoy tha ride." He said as we continued to wherever we were going.

"What's the name of place?" I hesitantly asked August another question and hoped he'd reply this time.

"Mama's Place. My favorite spot." He said undoing his seatbelt and getting out.

"Oh now you wanna answer me," I mumbled taking off my seatbelt.

"What was that?" He said looking at me.

He'd already made his way to the passenger side and had the door open for me.

"Huh? I said thank you." I lied and smiled.

"Mhm," he mumbled while helping me out the car. It was a pretty low car, a Ferrari I think, so I didn't mind the help of getting out.

Walking into the small restaurant, it gave off a really homey vibe like a old diner or something. We grabbed a seat towards the back of the building and waited to be waited on.

"So what's good here?" I asked looking at the menu. I'd never been here nor have I heard of Mama's Place, all this was new to me.

"Um, I got you." He said talking the menu from me stacking the two on the end of the table. I looked at him confused, not sure if I should say something. "Trust me." he said and I tried to relaxed a bit.

"What if I don't like it?" I pouted slightly.

"Don't worry 'bout that, 'cause you gon' love it." He said leaning up on the table.

"August? I haven't seen you in ages!" A older lady said, as she stopped at our table. August stool up front the table hugging her tightly while I just sat and smiled.

"C'mon na." Grinned as he sat down, "It's only been like a month."

"Mhm, just don't stop popping up like that again. The usual?" She asked him picking up the menus.

"Yea, lemme get two of em," He said then looked at me. "What you want ta drank?"

"Orange juice, is fine." I said looking at the lady.

She nodded as said she'd be back shortly with our food and drinks. "So do you come here often?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Wheneva I'm in town and ain't inna hurry, I come thru hea." He looked at the Rolex on his wrist before continuing, "And when I ain't tryna be swarmed by tha paparazzi."

About ten minutes past as we did a little small talk and our food was finally at the table.

"What is this?" I asked taking a few bites from the plate in front of me.

"Breakfast Platter. Bacon, cheesy eggs, onions, peppers and some potatoes." He was more than halfway through his plate while I was still savoring the first few bites.

"This is really good," I said sipping my juice. "Reminds me of--"

"Ya grandma cookin'?" August said finishing my sentence.

"How'd you know?"

"Cause that's how I felt when I first ate it a while back." I nodded as he put down his fork and wiped his mouth, showing he was done. "I miss my Maw Maw cookin', this as close to it as ima get to it until Thanksgivin'."

I agreed with him on that. My granny had passed away not to much longer after my brother did. I knew I would always remember that nothing can compare to her cooking, so this was pretty close.

"So what you got goin' on taday?" He asked making more conversation.

"Well I have to be at the studio at noon," I said checking the time. It was about ten minutes 'til eleven. "And then I have some stuff to do for my online classes."

"Aight, cool. You doin' online college? Ain't that hard?"

I nodded, "It has its perks, as well as downfalls."

"I barely got thru high school and you doin' online shit." He joked making us both smile, "How much longer you got?"

"Not long, I actually graduate next May, but my classes will be done around March.

"Really?" he propped up on the table, looking interested. If he was frontin' about caring, he was doing a hell of a good job at it. "You pretty young tho."

"Well I went to a performing arts high school and you usually graduate early so that's what I did." I explained.

"Well I salute ya fa grindin'." He said noddin' his head.

I thanked him and we continued talkin' about whatever until he paid the check and left out. Of course I put up a fight on splitting the check, but he won.

Once we got to his car he spoke again, "What studio you goin' to?"

I told him what studio it was and he pulled off onto the road as I gave him directions to it. A few minutes later we pulled up to the parking lot of the building.

"Thanks, August."

"Don't worry 'bout it. Listen, ima be in tha area handlin' some bid'ness. Just hit me up when you ready and ima slide through." he said as he reached across me, opening the door for me.

"Okay, but you don't have to.. I can always--"

"I gotchu ma. Now gone and getcha dance on."

"Thank you," I said again as I got out the car.

Once I was in the door I heard his car speed off onto the main road. After I checked in, I walked my way to the open room I would be in, I thought about what's happened so far this morning. The trend of August Alsina disrupting my day and staying in it, made me smile.

I could get use to this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 896 19
A-R imagines that I have written. All imagines are between you and Joe. All imagines will not have another part to them. No smut. (Sorry, I cring...
38.9K 1.3K 28
WARNING ⚠️ this story begins with a suicidal scene. If you are easily triggered then I suggest you skip the beginning chapter. You have been warned...
114K 3.2K 42
Series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This Is Our Life } [ This is the first book of the three book series...
His Block By ro.

Fanfiction

2.1M 84.9K 50
What if the love of your life only stood across the street from you? What would you do? Cross the street or wait for them to do so? Would you guys b...