Book 1: She's a Keeper | Augu...

By LivThaWriter

What happens when you meet the one person you relate with the most? All rights reserved. No part of this pub... More

Not Your Average Story...
2
3.1
3.2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17.1
17.2
18
19
20 ~ Filler Chapter
21
22
23
24
25.1
25.2
26
27
28.1
28.2
29
30
31.1
31.2
Books
32
33
34
35
36
37.1
37.2
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45.1
45.2
46
47

1

149K 3.1K 1.9K
By LivThaWriter

I'd really appreciate y'all feedback.. I have this story over 50% complete and if the first chapter isn't good enough, oml I will definitely rewrite every chapter, no doubt. Lemme know.

Btw, how y'all like my amazing photoshop skills in the mm? That shits horrible 😂😂

Enjoy!

August Alsina

"Yo, whas poppin', It's August Alsina hea wit Big Boy on Big Boy in tha Morning. I got sum special news for y'all lata on inna show taday, so stay tuned in," I said inta tha mic takin' my headphones off as Big Boy sent tha radio off tha air fa commercial. I was doin' a intaview wit BigBoyTV at tha asscrack of dawn talkin' 'bout my upcoming album and a update on what's been goin' on in my life.

"And we're back with August Alsina right here on Big Boy in the Morning! Aug, what's up my brotha?"

"I'm great, whats goodie?" I responded then sipped on my coffee.

"I'm good man, but you got your sophomore album, coming out in what? One, two months?"

I nodded my head, "'Bout two. This Thing Called Life, pre-order available soon," I promo'd alil bit. I'm real excited 'bout my album so of course imma promo it wheneva I getta chance.

"Alright, y'all heard it here! And August, what does it mean? What is that title, This Thing Called Life?"

"Uhhm.. it's, it's This Thing Called Life, man. We all workin' towards somethin', whateva it may be, I would hope it's ta be a better version of ourselves. So, life has literally taken me places. Places I can't even imagine. I have ta document it, let tha world be apart of it because at this point, it's not about me. I can save somebody's life with this." We continued talking about my album, the meanings behind certain topics on it, life and everything else until it was time ta announce tha news I had ta share with my Nation.

"Back once again with August Alsina and we're about to sign off, but first he has some important news to share with everyone. Aug?" I tweeted that I was on air a few minutes before now so my nation would have time ta get somewhea and listen, and tell some folks.

"Yessir. Y'all 'memba that lil' contest I held a while back?" I asked Big Boy.

"Yeah, yeah, but let the people who don't know, what's up."

"It's called 'A Day With Aug'. Basically what you do is make a quick lil' vid of what you would do if you had tha chance ta spend tha day wit me, tell me 'bout yourself, and include what keeps you going in This Thing Called Life, and just be.. you."

"Tell me whateva you want me ta hea from you. Tha winner getta hang with me doin' whateva, see how I'm livin' and get ta chill backstage at my finale Throwback concert wit me and my boy Breezy." I explained pulling up tha notes in my phone.

I knew I wasn't gonna remember who the winner was so I typed it up in thea. "Along wit that, sum mo' surprises come.."

"Okay, cool. That sounds.."

"What?" I grinned pulling at my chin hairs.

"You sure you want one of your fans around you all day? Some of them get alil' crazy sometimes. Throwing they draws at you, pulling you off stage." He said hinting at a few past incidents. "Might try to pin a baby or a marriage on you!"

"Yeah, but they my Nation, my second family. Nah, they wouldn't purposely hurt me. Plus I personally checked out every video, so this is really juss about me and tha winner. Plus my OG's gonna be around, so I'm good." I laughed it off.

"Okay, well we hope to see you back here intact one day," he joked and we all laughed. "So go ahead and announce the winner."

"Aight, tha winner of A Day With Aug Contest is..." The radio soundman gave me a drum roll before I spoke the rest, "Cydney M. outchea in Atlanta, GA. I'll be hittin' ya line soon, watch out."

"Alright, alright. Congrats to Cydney out in Atlanta. And August, what was it about the video, about her, that made you pick her?"

"Honestly it was just ha persona. Y'know like when you can tell if someone is bein' fake as shit or real as fuck? It's like that during tha whole video, she was just hella chill. It was real genuine. I don't wanna give too many details about it tho."

"Alright, August Alsina up in here, Big Boy, we out." The otha radio man sent him of the air again.

"Thank you August for being here. First time I've interviewed you, huh?"

"Yeah it is, 'preciate you having me." I thanked him and stood up from my seat.

"No problem, we'll try to get back in touch with you after your album drops." He dapped me up and we said our goodbyes then I left out tha studio wit my OG's behind me.

It was around eleven now and me and my OG's were leaving a burger joint and heading over ta whateva venue for tha meet n greet with my fans in tha Bay area. Ta be honest, I really don't like being outchea intha Bay. Just ain't my vibe, plus it's too far from home fa my liking. I wanna be back home in my crib so I'ca get back in tha studio and do my thang.

I been tryna finish this last song for tha album and I just feel like I'm holdin' back and it's not good enough for tha people. It amazes me how I ain't even finished tha album, yet I already have a date set.

I thought about tha contest winner and decided ta watch tha video she submitted again. I pulled out my phone, finding the video outta my email, and put my headphones in.

"Hey August, I'm Cydney Michaels; 21, and I'm from Atlanta, GA. I really don't know what else to say." She swayed around for a few seconds before speaking again. "Aight, imma just keep it real," she switched up her voice, thuggin' it out alil.

"First off, I didn't even wanna do this shit. My cousin made me do it. She knows how much I love you, your music, everything about you but I'll admit, I'm not about to get my ass stomped on at a concert tryna be up in the front row." she shrugged ha shouldas givin' a straight face, makin' me smirk ta myself.

"I love you and your music cause it helps me in more ways that you could know, but I'm not gonna sit here and say I own everything with your face on it and that I support you and only you 'cause it ain't true. You ain't the only guy in the music business, but I'll admit: you doin' ya thang."

"I may have not heard of you until your August Alsina University mixtape but I know when I did, I was hooked. That 'you make be feel like everything's gon' be straight' hooked. Yeah, you get that a lot I bet, and I sure as hell relate to what you speak through your songs, especially Downtown. That's my shit. I really appreciate you being able to open up your heart and turn it into music for me and everyone else.."

"Hmm, what would I like to do with you?" She thought fa a min befo' sayin' sum else, "Well, how does just talking sound? Hanging out and just chillin', watching movie. But not Netflix and chill though," she joked making me laugh. "I think that's it really. Maybe something fun like Andretti's. I'm real cool on simple stuff."

"Lastly, I just wanna say if you pick me for this contest, I know I will be forever grateful for it. And if you don't, I'll be fine 'cause I know I'm gonna meet you at the right time in my life that'll help me even more, or even help you. Thank you for taking the time for watching. By August." She waved as the screen faded ta black.

I locked my phone afta tha video ended and thought to myself about all the things she said. Damn, I hope she all cracked up ta be.

Cydney Michaels

"Cyd, hurry up!" Hazel yelled from my bedroom. I just rolled my eyes ignoring her.

Hazel Bridges, my favorite cousin. She was basically who I grew up with, my only friend that I had after my mother basically abandoned me for a pimp and some drugs.

After my brother passed when I was fifteen, she just went in a downward spiral. She took off a few weeks after he passed, but never went back to work. Money wasn't being made, and she started to not be home as much.

Plenty of times, I'd end up at the neighbors house; eating what I could, sleeping when I could and most of all staying warm. Being it was dead winter and bills not being paid, the heat was off. Those few days I spend at my neighbors house, I mustered up the courage to call my aunt and uncle. They came and got me immediately. I lived with them up until I was ready to go to college. Before then, the only friend I had was my brother. Once I moved in with my aunt, Hazel became my best friend.

Me and Hazel we're complete opposites. For one, she would like to party and get drunk while me on the other hand would just be chillin' and kicked back, enjoying a drink or two then knock out. Maybe it was the fact that she was two years older than me?

She was an early bird while me on the other hand, would sleep in until four in the afternoon and then start my day. This explains why Hazel was at my place early this morning and I was extremely grumpy. I'd just gotten to sleep around three and here she was sitting on my bed, listening to August Alsina on Big Boy's radio show at six in the freaking morning.

I hadn't even had time to eat or anything because Hazel had me so tuned in to him. Really, I was gonna wait until tomorrow to just watch it on youtube, but I guess that wasn't a option anymore.

During the commercial break, I took the time to head into the kitchen and made me a bowl of Frosted Flakes. "Cyd, he said he's about to announce the contest winner!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Jeez," I huffed walking the hallway of my apartment. "It's not like I'm gonna get picked." I finished once I made it to my room at sat on my bed next to her.

You're probably wondering why she was more excited about this contest than me, or maybe even why she didn't sign up for it for herself.

She knew how much I actually do love August's music, him as a person, and feels that I relate to him on a deeper level but I don't have a chance against all those other pretty, model looking girls with banging bodies. Plus she's more of a Chris Brown fan, so she didn't have as much interest in him as I did.

"You don't know that Cyd." she tried to reassure me, rubbing my back. I shrugged her off of me and started eating my cereal.

"Aight, tha winner of tha A Day with August contest is... Cydney M. outchea in Atlanta, GA." I heard Augusts' voice flow through the speakers.

"See, I told you I wasn't gonna win." I mumbled through a mouth full of flakes.

"Cydney? Did you not hear what he said?!" Hazel shouted, hitting me with a pillow from my bed, almost knocking the bowl out of my hand.

"Yes, I heard him! He said 'Cydney M. outchea in Atlan--.' " I paused registering what I heard.

Hazel grabbed onto my shoulders, "Cyd, he said your name."

"He did.." But there could be so many 'Cydney M.'s' in Atlanta. "But it could be another Cydney, y'know?" I said trying to brush it off but beside me, my phone vibrated telling me I had a text from a random number.

504-332-7984: Whas goodie, this Aug. If yeen know by now you won the contest. Ima hit ya line later tonight wit more info so don't miss it. Just hit me back so I know it's you.

"Who is it?" Hazel asked peeking over my shoulder, reading it herself.

"It's August..." I said still shocked as I read the message over again.

"Ok, Cyd, I know you're a super chill person but it's okay to scream."

"Oh please, Haze. It's not that serious." I replied, keeping my cool.

She crossed her arms looking at me, "Cydney, be forreal." Before I knew it, I was jumping up and down, squealing like a little tween who just met Justin Bieber.

I'm not proud of this.

"I would be jealous right now," She rolled her eyes, "But he ain't no Chris Breezy."

"Whatever Haze." I ignored her comment. "I didn't think it'd happen myself. Now, I would love to sit and chat, but I need a nap, so if you would dismiss your presence," I said pushing her lightly towards the front door, "Plus a phone call to wait on, sooo.."

"He already gettin' in ya head I see.. I got things to do anyways. I'll see you later." She said before fully getting out the door.

"Mhm, by Haze." She nodded saying goodbye, leaving me by myself again.

I sighed once I shut the door and pulled my phone from my pocket, reading the message over three more times to let reality set in. I thought for a moment and decided on what to say back.

Yeah, it's me. Thanks for picking me.. it really means a lot.

Within a few minutes I received a reply back from the same number:

504-332-7984: Aight coo. You really stood out to me so you deserved it. I can't talk rn cause I'm at soundcheck so ima hit ya line after I perform.

504-332-7984: Hopefully you'll be up?

I'll be waiting..

"Now I have to just wait," I walked back to my room and thought about my routine for the day. "Sleep sounds like a good way to go about that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 4.9K 47
Sarah has had enough of August abusive ways will she be able to escape. Read to find out about more. THIS STORY IS MADE UP, NOT BASED ON REAL EVENT...
46.9K 1.4K 16
You met Lin at "Hamilton" auditions, and since then, you've had a huge crush at him. Then, you're introduced to your best friend's new boyfriend... a...
2.6K 42 38
Me and Isaac have been friends forever. What happens when we feel like more than friends? Will things get complicated? He's my best friends cousin. ⚠...
3.4K 41 22
What happens when you meet the right person for you! I try and upload to chapters twice a day!! Started 2/2/2024 Ended:3/16/2024 Published:2/4/20204