To Be With You | Carl Grimes...

Por Marvel890

[Discontinued at the moment] Brenda has never been a positive person. She lost her dad before she could even... Más

Cast
Chapter 1: And I Know You Want To Get The Hell Out Of Here
Chapter 2: You Only Care About Yourself
Chapter 3: We Couldn't Risk It
Chapter 4: We Were Being Hunted
Chapter 5: Once They're Gone A Part Of You Dies
Chapter 6: His House, His Group, His Rules
Chapter 7: My Reason To Live
Chapter 8: Kill Me Now
Chapter 9: Don't Blame Yourself
Chapter 10: She Didn't Have To Suffer Anymore
Chapter 11: We Can Stay and We Can Fight or We Can Go
Chapter 13: Kids Deserve To Be Kids
Chapter 14: Cell Block D
Chapter 15: Who Knows What Could Happen Next?
Chapter 16: Dosen't Work Like That
Chapter 17: Even Strong Men Get Scared
Chapter 18: So Used To Being Safe
Chapter 19: Not Again
Chapter 20: We Already Lost Them
Chapter 21: I Miss You
Chapter 22: If There's A Chance
Chapter 23: Look at the Flowers
Chapter 24: The So Called Sanctuary
Chapter 25: Not So Sure Anymore
Chapter 26: Who's Gareth?
Chapter 27: It's Complicated
Chapter 28: Isn't The End
Chapter 29: By Just Being Here With Me

Chapter 12: He Just Is

273 17 2
Por Marvel890

Did I pack everything?

Yes, I did . . . I think. Whatever. It's not like I'd care if anything of mine goes missing. All I really have are my weapons.

I stood up from my bed and glanced around. In the corner of the room, my mother's bat was leaning against the wall. I grabbed it and stuffed it in my bag.

I sighed. I really am going to miss this place. Of course, I, along with others, disagreed with Rick's choice. We could have stayed and fought. This group is the strongest group I have ever seen since this thing started. But, whatever Rick says, goes.

I closed my cell door and walked over to Carl's cell. He was packing all of his stuff, but he looked angry. I couldn't blame him. Carl was one of the others who also disagreed with his father's decision.

Carl didn't look at me as I walked inside.

"You okay?" I asked him.

He went on packing. He then stood up and walked out of the cell, straight past me, without a word or a glance.

"Hey." I grabbed his arm and stopped him. "Don't give me that crap Carl. What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "What's wrong? This is where my mother died. This is where my sister was born. This is where I met you, Brenda. This is my home. And we're leaving because we're scared? That's what's wrong."

His bag over his shoulder, he stalked away.

I sighed again. Taking one last glance at the cell blocks, I put my bag over my shoulder and walked over to help pack our stuff in the car.

Carl and I went outside where Rick and the rest were. Rick stepped forward and put his hand on Carl's shoulder.

"Carl." He said, but Carl yanked away from him and put his bag in the car.

Rick glanced at me but I looked away. I went to help Beth fit all the stuff in the trunk of the car.

"What's wrong with him?" Beth asked me once Carl was in the car.

I shook my head. "Doesn't want to leave."

"Me neither." She sighed and closed the trunk.

"We're set." Maggie said.

"I'll go get Rick." said Michonne and walked back inside.

Last night, Michonne came back, surprising all of us. Rick told her about the deal; she took it lightly. Later, Daryl came back with bad news Merle. He wanted to stay and fight against the Governor. So did Michonne.

Rick and Michonne came back outside. Rick looked at Carl and sighed.

"Change of plans."

* * *

Once the gunfire started, we knew the battle had begun.

"I should be there." Carl said, looking at the Governor's people running away as our people shot at them.

"Rick said to stay here." I told him. "He doesn't want you getting hurt."

"I don't care what he wants." Carl snapped. "I can take care of myself."

I glanced at Hershel and Beth. We had no idea what had gotten into him.

"Ca—"

I was stopped short when we heard leaves crunching.

"Hide." Hershel whispered.

Carl and I rushed over behind the bushes. Someone was running in this direction.

Getting closer . . .

Carl and Hershel stepped out and aimed their guns at the teenage boy just in time.

He stopped dead in his tracks and raised his arms, a gun in his hand.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa." He said. "Don't shoot."

"Drop the weapon, son." Hershel told him.

"Sure." He nodded. "Here, take it."

The boy leaned down to put his gun down when Carl shot him in the head and he fell down with a thud.

My mouth opened in shock. Did he just . . .

"Let's go." Hershel said, breaking the silence. He looked surprised, too. "The gunfire stopped. The Governor and his men must have left."

Hershel and Beth took the leaves off of the hidden car while I still stood there, staring at Carl, who was looking at the teenage boy he had just killed.

* * *

We made it back into the prison just as Rick and the others came in.

"Hey." Rick hugged Carl.

"Dad," Carl let go, "I'm coming to Woodbury."

Rick sighed and stood up. "Carl."

"Dad, I did my job out there. Just like all of you. Took out one of the Governor's soldiers."

"One of his soldiers?" Hershel asked. "A kid running away? He stumbled across us."

"No, he drew on us." Carl argued.

My eyes scrunched together confusingly.

"I'm sorry you had to do that." Rick told him.

"No, he didn't—"

"It's what I was there for." Carl interrupted me, glancing at me out of the corner of his eye. "I'm going with you."

He walked away, once again, giving me a look.

"That kid was scared." Hershel said to Rick. "He was handing the gun over."

Rick looked at him. "He said he drew."

Hershel shook his head.

"Carl said it was in defense."

"He's lying." I said.

I hated to do this, but what Carl did was wrong. Both shooting the boy, and lying to Rick.

"I was there. He didn't have to shoot." said Hershel. "He had every reason not to—"

Rick shook his head. "Maybe it looked like that to you, Hershel—"

"Rick!" Hershel yelled and Rick quieted. "I'm telling you he gunned that kid down."

Hershel limped into the cell blocks and I followed.

I couldn't blame Rick for defending Carl. If I had a kid, I wouldn't want them to kill another person. It's not humane, not even in this world.

When Rick, Daryl, and Michonne were ready to leave, I went outside to say goodbye. I saw Carl sitting alone on the bench and I walked over to him.

I sat down next to him and waited a few moments before I finally spoke.

"Why'd you do it?"

"He drew—"

"Don't." I said. "Not to me. I was there. Why'd you do it?"

He stayed quiet for a few seconds. "I couldn't risk it. I did what I had to."

"You didn't have to." I told him.

"Of course I had to." He said and looked at me. He shook his head. "You think I'm a killer?"

"No." I said. "I just don't think it's right. To kill people, I mean. Just like it wasn't right to before everything started."

"What about the Governor?" Carl asked. "Is it okay to kill him?"

I hesitated. "That's different. He's different."

"How?" He pressed.

"You know. He just is." What was going on with him lately?

"I did what I had to, Brenda." He said. "Just like anyone else would have."

And then he walked away.

* * *

"They're back." Carol told us.

We all rushed out of the cell blocks. When we got outside, there was one more vehicle with them than there was when they left.

A bus.

"What the hell?" I muttered to myself.

That's when people came out of the bus. People I've never seen before. Men, women, children . . .

Rick walked over to Carl and I.

"What is this?" Carl asked.

"They're gonna join us." He responded.

Then it occurred to me . . . These people must have been from Woodbury. Now with the Governor gone, they have no leader. No home.

I looked at Rick and smiled at him. He smiled back.

~ ~ ~ ~
Hello, how'd you like this chapter? I know, it's boring, but next chapter is the first episode of season 4! Aren't you excited?! I finished a WHOLE season (minus 3 episodes)! Wow!

See you guys next chapter! Love you! :)

P.S. [SPOILERS AHEAD]

OMG LAST NIGHT WAS TWD MID-SEASON FINALE! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I DON'T HAVE ANY WORDS. R.I.P. Deanna. :(

P.P.S. OMG NEGAN?!?!?! I'M NOT READY GUYS. I. AM. NOT. READY. . . . .

P.P.P.S. . . . . Wake me up in February.

~Marvel890

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

520 27 18
When the dead started rising three years ago MacKenzie was stuck on her own for 6 months until she finally her dad and brother. Now she is traveling...
52.9K 948 80
Rori Rhee has survived this long, been through so many death. Yet she still had Carl, her parents, and the rest of the group. Except, she's slowly lo...
60.2K 3.3K 22
In a world taken over by walkers, ten-year-old Elodie fights to survive each day. But she's not just any survivor-she's a girl who happens to be hard...
1.7M 22.1K 22
ALONE | where our hearts sink into the earth. ― I don't want to be alone anymore. The world had not been kind to us, the boy and the girl, and the so...