Nocturnal Nights ( Harry Pott...

By IconiclySuffering

Thisbe Robinson only wanted something normal to happen to her life for once . This is proven difficult when h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 3

1.4K 58 11
By IconiclySuffering

Trying to find an empty compartment on the train was harder than I expected it to be. Maybe I could just find one with another girl, and force my self to socialize. But soon , to my disappointment, there hardly was one in sight.

Staring into the door of at the end of the train, I spotted a brown hair boy sitting by the window with his head in a book. Ok , cool , I can work with this. Maybe I can just keep silent and let him read. Sliding the door open, he suddenly looked up and I noticed a faded pink scar across his face. It made me internally cringe, but I wasn't one to judge someone for appearance. I'm not saying he's not bad looking, I mean a perfectly good fellow- Bloody hell. I really need to stop doing that in my head.

" May I sit here?" I asked in a quiet voice. He paused for a moment, but suddenly nodded quickly.

" Oh- uh, sure." He responded, bookmarking his page and standing up. I gave him a smile and shook his hand. " I'm Remus Lupin."

" Thisbe Robinson." He smiled back and nodded.

" Lovely name you have," he started , sitting back down.

I felt kind of happy inside from the complement," Really?" I had to ask, taking a seat across from him," I don't really like it myself, it's too odd."

" Who says odd is bad?" He commented with a sly smile. I chuckled and looked out the window to see if I could find my father. Unfortunately, I couldn't spot the head of sandy blonde hair in the crowd and It lowered my mood a tad. I jumped a bit when Remus spoke up again," So, what year are you?" He asked.

Looking back at him, he was once again holding his book but was peeking over the top. " I'm a first year, and you?"

" First as well."

The whole small talk thing was starting to get a bit awkward, so doing what I do best, I stayed quiet. It was not long after that the compartment door slid open once again, and a group of two tall boys broke the silence I was enjoying.

" Why hello there, do you mind If we sit here." The one with black hair and glasses asked boldly, beside him the other kid grinned at me and held his hand out to shake. As Remus replied with a unsure ' It's fine ' , I slowly gave the brown haired boy my hand , but out of nowhere, he pulled it up to his face and planted a kiss on the back of it.

" Nice to meet you , the name's Sirius. I just couldn't help but realize what beautiful eyes you have." He said flirtatiously. Pulling my hand away with a shocked face, I stuttered at how out of place that was. The other two boys raised their eyebrows at the scene, waiting for my response.

" What the bloody hell ," I outburst at him. Suddenly everyone started to laugh , and it wasn't long before I joined too. They both sat down and I told my self to forget what had happened, it was just a joke Thisbe.

" I'll introduce my self," Glasses said , leaning back on the seat. " James Potter, at your service." He did a small bow for us, making Sirius roll his eyes.

With the sudden build of confidence floating around the room, I decided to once again greet them," I'm Thisbe Robinson, a first ye-" but I was interrupted by the door sliding open again. I don't even know how many people can fit in this , but I'm turning down anyone else after that.

A chubby kid walked in with crooked teeth and dirty blonde hair. To be honest he wasn't very appealing, but I would never say that out loud. He stood there shyly at the door , before giving us a small wave. " Hey. I'm Peter Pettigrew." He announced awkwardly. All around, one by one , we all spoke out names to greet him.

Out of no where, the train lurched forwards , causing Peter to stumble.

He quickly grabbed a seat next to Sirius, who was beside me, and they all started to converse between each other. It was easy to tell that Black and Potter where the most confident of the group, for they started talking the most. Remus tried to keep to his book , but no matter what, he was still asked questions. I really wasn't prepared when they wanted to know more about me .

" Oh , well," I started, looking back up at them," I'm don't live far from here, umm...," Trying to think of some random things about me," I'm 5'4 , I enjoy books and potions , oh and I'm colorblind ." I rambled on.

" Woah , awesome !" Potter exclaimed, " So like , you don't see colors? Here what color's this?" He shoved a scarf in my face and I scrunched back.

" No you nit-wit , she can still see some colors. " Remus commented , pulling James's arm out of my face. He look actually quite interested in the subject.

" What, aww. " James whined and slid back down in his seat.

" I have red and green Deuteranopia." I clarified.

All of the others tilted their head, not understanding , but Remus, clearly the smart one of them all , sighed and turned to them, placing his book down. " Imagine having all reds and greens being made up of different shades of yellow and brown." He tried to explain in the most simplest way possible.

They all caught on and nodded while smiling like idiots. James clapped him on the shoulder as a sign of a good job, and soon started another conversation with Sirius, forgetting the whole get to know me thing. I didn't mind though, at least the attention was off me.

Catching Lupin's gaze , I gave him a small smile for helping me and turned to look out the window again. He certainly knows his stuff, and if I expect to do any good during the school year , I'm going to have to step of my game.

" So what house do you want?" Sirius asked everyone.

" Gryffindor for sure!" Potter shouted happily with no hesitation at all.

Peter shrugged ," Gryffindor , I guess." He said in a tone that sounded more like a question.

" Anything but Slytherin , I hate that house with a passion." Sirius sneered, staring at his shoes.

" I perhaps think Ravenclaw wouldn't be bad, nor Gryffindor." Remus placed his comment in respectfully. We all nodded, and then all heads turned to me.

I haven't even really chosen one , and all of them clearly share one house in common that I don't fancy. Glancing across , I shrugged , unsure of myself." I don't know, maybe something more like Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw." I answered.

James scrunched up his nose and squinted his eyes at me, " Why a HufflePuff? Aren't they just , no offense , push overs?"

Glancing down at the floor, I scuffled my feet across the wood. " Eh, I don't think their that bad." I shyly told them.

Before another boy could start the talk back up , the door was pushed opened and in the way stood a young girl. She had long bright red hair and piercing green eyes that darted across our faces. " You all better get your robes on, we're about to reach Hogwarts." She informed us before walking away.

All of us started to collect our needed clothes , but Sirius noticed that James hadn't looked away from the spot where she left. Snapping his fingers In front of Potter, he took him out of his trance and he glance up bewildered.

" Huh? What's wrong?" He came back to us, looking up as we grabbed our robes. We all let out small laughs at how clearly love struck he was, before I pardoned myself to leave to the toilets to change.

After returning , we felt the train come to a stop at the station. I tried looking outside to see a peek of the castle, but sadly it wasn't in view.

All of the students started to pile off the Hogwarts Express and I tried my best to keep up with the group of boys. I don't know why, but I feel like they're the only ones I can trust right now. Trusting people is a big step for me though .

A large giant man was calling out " All first years, this way!" And I was sort of surprised at the strong accent he had. Not to mention he was half my height and a large curly beard covered up the bottom half of his face. If I was being honest, I was quite intimidated by this man.

I bet he gets that a lot.

Once everyone was gathered, he led us up to the docks where small boats where there. He firmly instructed us to climb in , four to a boat, and before I had a chance to take a seat with the boys , I realized all four of them had already filled up a boat. I felt kind of left out , but I had no time to fuss. Quickly grabbing a seat in another boat , I was calmly surprised as the red headed girl and a boy with long black hair sat down with me.

" Hi , I'm Lily Evans." The girl greeted , holding her hand out to shake. I hesitated for a moment , since last time I did this , Sirius planted a kiss to my hand. Being reasonable this time , I took her hand and gladly shook it.

" Thisbe, I remember you when you stopped by our compartment ." I mentioned, sharing my thoughts. I turned to the boy who seemed to be very concealed to himself.

" Severus Snape." He deadpanned, and didn't take the offer for the hand shake I was waiting for. I hummed slightly, lowering my hand awkwardly. The boats started moving on their selves and I smiled. I wasn't even fully there yet and I already experienced magic. This is so exciting!

As we crossed under the stone bridge, my eyes widened at the sight of the large castle known as Hogwarts. The lights from all of the windows illuminated it , and it looked absolutely beautiful against the dark sky.

Nothing Aunt McGonagall said to describe it came close to the real thing .

I couldn't wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 12.4K 32
When Henrietta Potter accidentally time travels to her parents' time, she must cope with questions, new problems, and her teenage Godfather she's fal...
1K 68 9
"𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝐵𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑓𝑓 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦" -𝐽𝑜ℎ𝑛 𝐵𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑖�...
32.9K 749 32
When Sirius Black escapes from Azkaban, his daughter Aria Black knows her life is about to get much harder. She goes to Hogwarts for her fifth year...
14.5K 424 54
Kacie Elektra Black, the twin of Sirius Black, was part of the Marauders. Part of the group of Gryffindor's that was the closest groups of friends yo...