Is It True? (A Shadow the Hed...

By ShadowLover52

Dabria the Hedgehog was fed up with her life; no one appreciated her and made fun of her, even her own family... More

Is It True? (A Shadow the Hedgehog Love Story)
Captured
Escape
First Date
Attack! :)
First Confession
Knuckles Confesses
Dance the Night Away
Truth or Dare -- First Kiss
Paint Fight and Bad Dreams
Double Betrayal
My Birthday?!
Surprise!
Mephiles
Change Is Good
Recovery and Reunited
Healed and Renewed
My New Powers :D

Lost and Found

2.8K 24 0
By ShadowLover52

Chapter 5

I was still laughing at Sonic when we were at the breakfast table.

“Why don’t you knock it off! It wasn’t that funny!” Sonic yelled at me. I was hurt.

“I was just playing around with you, Sonic. I see I can’t do that anymore,” I got up and left without another word. I opened the front door and ran as fast as I could away from Sonic, his friends. Why was he so mean to me that time? I was just having fun, besides I didn’t even start it. Shadow, I thought. I left him behind with Sonic. I hoped that Shadow would give Sonic a good, long talk, maybe even punch him once or twice. Even if Sonic loved me, I didn’t care for him now. I’ll go live on my own, without anyone…Shadow. I thought of him again. Where would he go? Would he come and find me? I still had my Chaos Emerald, I could go anywhere with Chaos Control. I continued running until I ran out of terrain. I looked around. This was where Shadow took me last night. He forgot the blanket on the grass. I smiled to myself and lied down on the soft, green grass. I pulled the blanket over myself so I wouldn’t get cold. It still had Shadow’s scent on it. This made me happy, like he was here with me again.

“Shadow, I’m sorry that I overreacted. I want you back here with me,” I mumbled to myself. Like he would hear that (Sarcasm). I kept thinking about him until I heard my stomach growl. I didn’t eat anything before I left. I probably should have. I looked around the area and saw an apple tree. I got up immediately and climbed the tree to get 3 apples. As I slid down, I heard a cry from behind the tree. I walked around and found a Chao that looked almost exactly like Shadow, even with the stripe in the middle of its face.

When it saw me, it said, “Please, I need food,” I was surprised that it could talk, as many of the other Chao I knew didn’t. Without hesitation, I broke a piece off and gave it to the little Chao. He gobbled it up happily, “Thank you, kind girl,” he was so polite.

“What’s your name?” I asked him.

“Shade, I am a special Chao as you see I can talk. And you are?”

“Dabria, I guess I’m special because I transformed into a hedgehog and was transported here. I also have the ultimate life form, as he likes to call himself, as my boyfriend.”

The little Chao sat up, “What does he look like?”

“He’s tall and looks exactly like you, but has blood red eyes and is a hedgehog.”

“He sounds interesting.”

“Yes, he is, very interesting. Anyway, what are you doing here?”

“I have been flying around for days and days looking for another one of my kind. I could not succeed for you have found me here. I gradually got weaker and weaker from the odd weather you have here,” Shade sighed, “I’m glad I found you, I would have died of starvation if you didn’t come.”

“You are very welcome. I ran away from my home that I’m staying at because one of the members there hurt me emotionally. I don’t want to talk about that anymore,” I ended.

“Oh, ok. Could I keep you company then?” Shade asked.

“Of course you can, thanks” I led Shade to where I was laying before. The blanket was still there untouched. Shade lie down next to me under the blanket and fell asleep instantly. I fell asleep a few minutes later with Shadow’s scent all around me. I thought I smelled his scent getting stronger, but I must have been hallucinating.

………………………………........................................................

I could feel someone stroking my face, but I thought it was Shade, wanting me to calm down, so ignored it. After a while I opened my eyes to say good morning to Shade. But when I did, Shade was still sleeping next to me. I looked up.

“Shadow!!!!! Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry I overreacted and left the house without you and not telling you and…I’m just happy that I get to see you again,” I was overjoyed to see my favorite black and red hedgehog sitting there behind me.

Shadow picked me up and set me on his lap. I put my arms around him, and he did the same to me, “Please don’t run off like that again, Dabria. I was so worried about you.”

“But you’re here now and that’s all that matters,” I smiled up at him. I started to cry at that point, very happy that Shadow found me. He held me close until we heard Shade’s voice.

“So this is the ultimate life form? He does look a lot like me,” Shadow got protective of me.

“Shadow, its ok, this is Shade. I found him last night after I ran away,” I told Shadow. He cooled it and actually looked Shade over. They looked exactly alike, well Shade was a small Chao and Shadow was a rather tall, handsome, heroic, wonderful, breathtaking, amazing, caring,…

“Dabria, I get it, you like me a lot more than Sonic,” Shadow read my mind. I got too careless. I heard a sudden yawn in the distance. I looked over to the apple tree and saw a sky blue Chao with purple stripes like me. She (I think) flew over to us while we were talking and went straight to Shade. Ooh, this could get interesting. <3

“Um, hi, Shade. Do you remember me?” the Chao asked Shade.

“Maria?” Shade looked surprised. The Chao nodded. They both hugged each other and were surprised to see each other again, “Dabria, Shadow, this is my best friend Maria!”

Shadow’s head shot up, “Do you know me, Maria? Before Shade introduced you to me?”

“Um, I’m sorry Shadow, but I did not know you before now,” Maria apologized. Shadow shut his eyes tight for a minute.

“It’s ok, I just wondered,” Shadow’s eyes were still shut tight. Poor Shadow, Maria wasn’t the one he thought she was. He shed only one tear from trying to hold it in. I wiped it away and snuggled under his chin to bring him back to the present.

“I’m sorry, Dabria. I won’t ever act like that again,” Shadow apologized.

“No, don’t be sorry. You shouldn’t hold in your feelings in too much. You’ll hurt yourself,” I said back. I looked up at him and he was smiling. He was okay, for now.

Shade flew over to me, “Dabria, Ma---, my friend and I were talking and we are going to go away together. M--my friend has found more of our kind in a secret spring, so we must go our separate ways. I hope we meet again, Dabria and Shadow,” I was sad that Shade had to leave, but also happy that he will find his kind again.

Maria flew over to Shadow and gave him a kiss on his cheek, “I’m sorry about your friend, Shadow,” I was furious but kept my cool. No one kisses Shadow but me! I thought.

Shadow smiled down at me and turned his head, “Go ahead, you know you want to,” he tempted me. I was nervous, but gave him a quick peck on his cheek. I blushed. OMG! He reads minds!!!! But I liked it this time. I guess he knew how I felt. We waved goodbye to Shade and Maria, then Shadow turned back to me.

“Do I sense a feeling of jealously inside you?” he asked with a sly smile.

“No, I, uh…” I blushed.

“You are acting a little fan girlish. You don’t want anyone to have me except you. A little selfish I must say,” I turned redder. Shadow chuckled, “Oh, Dabria, you never cease to amaze me. Come on, I was just playing around.”

I was still blushing, but said, “I am not a fan girl!”

“Where have I heard those three words before?”

I shrugged.

“I’ll give you a hint; Faker.”

I felt guilty now for storming off yesterday. I could imagine Sonic beating himself up because of me. Sonic I thought. Shadow nodded.

“That’s the guy we have to go back to. He’s been waiting for us for a while,” Shadow stated. I yawned suddenly. I had no idea what time it was and I didn’t have any food since last night.

“We should go back. I’m sorry I overreacted. I hope he won’t be too mad at me for giving him a fright.”

“Do you want me to carry you home? You seem tired,” Shadow was concerned.

“No, I’ll be okay,” LIES! I really was exhausted from today, but I have to tough it out like Shadow. I got up and tried to shake any sleepiness away from my body. I picked up the picnic blanket and tied it around my waist. I yawned again, but Shadow didn’t see. We started to run, and I tripped on a visible tree root. I just don't have any luck with these trees. The last thing I remember was Shadow coming to my aid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 339 10
Sequel of "First Impressions" I strongly recommend to read the first part before reading this. It's been one year since Sonic disappeared. Dur...
161 6 3
Now Adults, Sonic and friends are simply trying to manage the new responsibilities of adulthood. With Dr Eggman's schemes becoming less frequent, Son...
5.7K 49 7
It happen so fast! When Amy tried to save sonic for the Parson Island, but someone else was there and change everything. It will change her life and...
13.3K 420 21
(Knuxadow) (Finished) Knuckles loves Sonic, which Shadow does too... These two males ask Amy, who is obsessed of the blue hedgehog, for Sonic's phone...