Angel Winged Vest ( a Daryl D...

By makenna_stanley

*•Book 1•* EDITING "I love you're vest, you look like an Angel." "Ya, a fallen Angel." "A fallen Angel i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Read!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N!!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Wtf
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Next chapter soon promise...but i got tagged.
Chapter 22: FINAL CHAPTER
Book 2: Stitched on Wings
Book 2 is up!!
FRENCH VERSION?!?
Wattys2016

Chapter 18

6.9K 169 16
By makenna_stanley

I walked out of the barn and sighed, looking around I tried to find something to do or at least occupy myself with.

I haven't really talked to Carl, I mean, after he got shot he sorta just stayed by his parents or Shane. So when I stepped out side to him playing in the dirt with what looked like I bullet shell, I decided to get the to know the kid.

I walked over to him and he look up at the sound of my foot steps. I gave him a small smile but was not given one back. "Hey there, Carl."

"Hey." He nodded but kept his attention on the bullet shell. The oversized sheriff's hat on his head started to fall off, I quickly caught it and looked at it. It was Rick's, the one he wore when I first met him.

"It was my dads." Carl said softly, grabbing the hat out of my hand. I nodded and watched as he sat it back on his head.

"He was a sheriff?" I asked hoping the boy will open up to me. He looked at me and shook his head, "No, sheriffs deputy." He answered and I nodded.

"He got shot, my dad, before all this. He was in a coma for a while. We had to leave him when everything happened. Mom Shane and I thought he was dead." He opened up and smiled at this. I nodded at this new information about our leader.

"He's here now." I smiled and finally got a smile back. He nodded and I ruffled his hair "I'm going to go over to Sophia's grave." He mumbled and walked away.

~*~

A little while later its time to decided whether or not Randell should live. Everyone was in the house in the living room except for Beth, Jimmy, and Carl.

I was standing in the door was next to the piano. In front of me was Glenn to my right was Daryl, and Rick stood in the middle in everyone's line of sight.

"So how do we do this? Take a vote?" Glenn asked as the meeting began with a silent conversation between everyone.

"Dose it have to be unanimous?" Andrea asked.

"How about majority rules?" Lori asked. I stood there silently try to figure out who would vote for what. Almost everyone wanted him out, not necessarily dead but out. Gone.

"Let's just see were everybody stands, talk through the options." Rick said and I nodded agreeing with that.

"The way I see it, there's only one way to move forward." Shane voiced his opinion. I scoffed and rolled my eyes about to comment on that but dale beat me to it.

"Killing him, right, why even bother taking a vote its pretty clear which why the winds blowing." He sighed, obviously tired of the back and forth.

"Well, if people believe we should spare him, I wanna know." Rick argued.

"Well, I can tell you its a small group, maybe just Glenn, April and I." I nodded as some eyes shifted to me. I looked to Glenn and noticed he wasn't backing that statement up. I sighed and shook my head as he looked between Dale and I.

"Look, Dale, I think you're pretty much right about everything all the time but this-"

"They've got you scared." Dale fired at him, hurt evident in his face. "He's not one of us."

"Neither was I." I challenged Glenn's statement. Everyone looked at me, surprised I was actually going to take part in this.

"Yeah but, we didn't really have a choice with the CDC being locked and all." Shane huffed and I glared at him. I looked over at Daryl and saw he was watching me, listening intently.

"After that, you could of just kicked me out. Made me walk away, but you didn't. Why can't we do that with him?" Everyone looked down, or around them. Trying to see if they could avoid my statement.

"You didn't try and kill us." Rick stated and I shrugged my shoulders.

"No, I just went into a building with people I didn't even know the name of to try and live longer. I took a chance on you people, on my life, because I knew It might help me live longer." I stated and everyone shifted in the place, knowing damn well I'm right.

"Randell wasn't so lucky, he probably did what I did and it turned out he got they wrong kind of people. He knew trying to leave, get out, would get him killed so he stayed. Now he's out, let's help him."

It was silent for a bit. Everyone taking in what I said. Daryl gave my shoulder a squeeze, Dale nodded at me, And Rick started at me. Like my statement was still be said.

"We could continue keeping him a prisoner, till we see he's not going to harm us." Maggie suggested and I nodded.

"Just another mouth to feed." Shane spit, not liking the fact I might have changed peoples minds. I saw Daryl nod at Shane's word and shook my head trying not to let my anger get the best of me.

I started to rub my stomach, a habit I got after I got the scar. I did it every time I got angry and didn't want to let it out. Daryl noticed it and he cleared his throat and rubbed his neck.

It went on like that, back and forth between the group and dale. I didn't speak up again, figuring my statement was enough already. I was focusing now on trying not to kill Shane right then and there.

Eventually Rick stated we had the floor for a last opinion before we decided. I looked around at everyone and could just picture the with tales between there legs.

"You once said, we don't kill the living." Dale said eyes on Rick. I listened up because I don't remember Rick ever saying that, it must have been before I came in.

"That was before the living tried to kill us." Rick got defensive and tried to justify his past remarks with today's issue. I couldn't help but agree with that statement.

"If we do this, the people we were, the world that we knew is dead, and this new world is ulgy, its...harsh, it's survival of the fittest. And that's a world I don't want to live in. I don't any of you do either, I can't. Please let's just do what's right. Isn't there anybody else who's going to stand with me." Dale gave his speech and looked around at everyone.

"He's right." Andrea said and looked at Dale then me. "They both are, we should try to find another way."

"Anybody else?" Rick asked and no one stood up. I shook my head and looked at Daryl. I didn't expect him to say anything but, I don't know. I looked to Glenn and he looked at me and I shook my head.

"You all going to watch to?" Dale asked, tears in his eyes and everyone just stayed in there place.

I got up from leaning on the wall and moved to Daryl, "You're right," I said making sure the group could hear.

"This groups broken."

I walked out and sat on the porch steps breathing in the fresh air that will soon be filled with a single gun shot, and the earth will have one less living person.

I heard the door open and close and soon saw Dale walking down the steps. He turned around after Hus foot left the last step and looked at me, "Thanks for trying."

I nodded my head and he continued his journey to where ever he's going.

~*~

Later that night it was time. Shane and Daryl were to drag Randell to the barn and Rick was to shoot him. I was walking away from the house when I saw Carl going over to the barn. Shit.

I started to run as fast as I could, hoping to get there in time. "Carl."

I got there and went to grab his shoulder when he said something that made me freeze completely.

"Do it dad, do it."

I watch thought the cracked door as Rick looked horrified. Shane stormed over to Carl, very pissed off. My eyes, though, went to Daryl. He looked and me for a quick second before looking down at his shoes.

"Take him away." Ricks voice ripped through the tension. We all looked at him and saw he was mentioning to Randell. "Take him away."

I smiled and Daryl grabbed the heavily breathing kid from the ground. I heard Shane huff in annoyance and hit the barn door. Rick looked at me and I nodded still smiling and I started to walk away with Daryl.

"Wha' the hell were ya doin' there?" Daryl asked looking at me curiously. "I saw carl and I didn't think he should see that, I tried to get him but, then he said that and..." I didn't finish, not able to.

We finally got to the stable and Daryl handcuffed him to the wall again before walking out. He locked the door and looked at me again. "I'm sorry."

I raised an eyebrow at him and tilted my head. "For?"

"Fer not stickin' with ya on this." He muttered and I smirked at him. I walked up to him and held his face in my hands. He stiffened but after a second relaxed. "Is Daryl Dixon sorry?" I asked in a playful tone and he snorted rolling his eyes. "Whatever."

I giggled and went to kiss him but was stopped by a sound. This sound maded my blood run cold, my face paled, and my breathing quickened.

A scream ripped through the air like a bullet, loud and in need of attention. It was a painful one, signifying something was terribly wrong.

I looked at Daryl and he looked at me and we both bolted towards were the sound was coming from.

We ran as fast as we could. The wind hurt y pale, cold face. As we got closer I saw it was Dale with a walker over him. "Dale!"

Daryl ran over and grabbed the walker off of him and stabbed it in the head. I knelt down next to Dale and gasped at the sight in front of me.

Dale was laying there tears pouring down his face like the blood that was pouring out of his ripped open stomach. His insides were able to be seen and his cry were loud in my ear.

"Help over here help!" I heard Daryl yell and I heard fast feet approaching. "Hang in there buddy." Daryl knet down next to me, on hand on my back and another on Dale's shoulder.

"Who is it?" I heard Andrea yell and I could answer with out sobbing. My mind was everywhere and no where at once. I could move could think, nothing.

All of a sudden rick was in front of me talk to Dale, telling him to listen to his voice. I watched as my hands shook, covered in his blood as it soaked his shirt.

Andrea knelt down also as Rick screamed to no one yet everyone to get Hershel. Glenn ran over and his face fell and paled. He looked at me as I cried and started to cry as well. By now everyone was there and Hershel was asking what happened.

"What can we do?" Rick asked, his voice cracking. I heard Glenn tell dale I was going to be OK but I knew, I knew there was nothing we could but to put him out of his misery.

Dale was laying there, fighting to breath. A thin layer of sweat covered his face as he bleed out. "Can we move him." Rick asked, desperate for some sort of reassurance to hope. "He won't make the trip."

I felt Daryl's hand bunch up my shirt as Hershel said that and I knew he understood what was going to happen.

"We'll have to do the operation here, Glenn get back to the house-"

"Rick!" Hershel yelled at him, shaking his head and that's when all that filled the air were sobs. "No!"

I fell back on my ass, Daryl pulled me into his arms and I sobbed. I started at my hands as I listened to Dale cry out in pain.

"Do something!" I yelled and Rick knelt down, pointing his gun up. I felt Daryl's presents leave and watched and he took the gun from ricks shaking hand.

Everyone was looking away, I kept my eyes on Daryl. He raised the gun up like Rick did and gave me a quick look before putting his attention back on dale. He took a deep breath and moved his finger on the trigger of the already cocked gun.

"Sorry, brother." He said and pulled the trigger.

Like I said before, the fresh air would be ruined by a single gun shot, and the earth now has on less living person in it. I just didn't know it would affect me so much.

----------------------------//----------------------------
Well, that was sad.

I'm back! I know its been two months I'm sorry!!

I hoped you liked it!!

Please vote & comment❤❤

~Kenna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 640 22
Neither are an angel or a demon. They simply were bound together by the fates of their bloodlines. They have to pick a side.. though both are a losin...
49.2K 2.1K 74
'Why are you staring at me like that?' 'I haven't seen you in a while. I was curious to see if you've changed.' 'So what do you think? Did I get old...
76.2K 823 24
there are some here I love, some who fear me, and some who wish I was dead; i didn't ask for this. no one asks for...