Can shattered hearts be mende...

By etforever101

**Mature Content, for mature readers** Romantic Thriller Novel: Jessica is a pediatric oncology nurse at the... More

CAST
A new beginning
Hope
Girls Night Out
Nice to meet you
Need your help
Nightmares
Bar Games
Strange dreams and reality
Bringing in the New Year
Don't want to be alone
Memories
Rock bottom
The unexpected
Tasty Blood
Fighter
The chase
This is just the beginning
Expecting the unexpected

Roller Coaster Life

877 46 0
By etforever101

(Nick's pic above)

Nick's POV:

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket hoping it was Jess. It wasnt, it was Emily. I wouldn't have read it but the word came across my screen, URGENT.

Emily:"I see how it's going to be. Well, I don't care if you want to have a family with me anymore. I still need my child back. If you cooperate, I will make sure Jessica stays safe."

My heart dropped in my chest. What had I done? What did I get her involved in. I couldn't let anything happen to her, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

I texted back:"EMILY, WHERE IS SHE!!! IF YOU HURT HER, YOU WILL ONLY FEEL MORE PAIN. DON'T DO THIS!" I paced in the street waiting for a response.

A couple seconds she texted back:"Nick, the whole time you blamed me for Kylie's death instead of comforting me when I needed you the most. Don't make threats to me, there is nothing you can do to hurt me. Here is what your going to do to get Jessica back.
1.Need a sterile cup
2.Need your babies in the cup
3.BRING IT TO ME
I need this by noon tomorrow or you won't ever see her again. I still love you Nick and I hate that it had to be this way."

My life was again spinning out of control. I hated Emily, she took every piece of my life and kept me under her thumb. She was a she devil, a monster. I thought I had problems but she had so many more issues going on up there in her brain.

I pray that Jessica is ok. Where do they have her? Is she being tortured? Have they hurt her or worse. How did all this happen? I was selfish for bringing her onto this roller-coaster I call my life.

I went to the pharmacy and bought a sterile cup. I hated for what came next. How was I going to do this under pressure? All I wanted to do right now was find Jessica safe.

I texted Emily, "It is done! Even exchange, Jessica for this cup, no other negotiations." I waited a couple minutes pulling my hair out by the anticipation.

Emily texted:"Even trade, meet me on the corner of 5th and main in the alley, in 5 minutes, alone or else." 5 minutes, that's great the sooner the better.

I was there in 3 minutes with my bag in one hand. I seen her SUV pull in behind my car. I seen a tall guy get out of the back walking to this side of the car. He was pulling someone out of the back with a blind fold over their eyes. It's Jessica, they better not have hurt her or done anything to her, I would kill them.

She fought the man but he just smiled and kept pulling her. Emily walks up closer, "It's in the bag?" I opened it in disgust showing her it was there.

"Even trade Emily, tell him to let her go and I will hand this over." I could hear Jessica crying out for me, fighting back. They definitely had something in her mouth because her sounds were baffled.

Emily raised a handgun up at me, with her hand out. "Give me the babies. I promised Jake here that he could have Jessica if he helped me and he agreed. It was a perfect arrangement, win win, you see. I know, I lied. I'm not the same women you married, Nick. There is an emptiness in my life that can only be filled with one thing. I will have another girl, name her Kylie. She will look just like you, just like Kylie." A tear fell from her face, her shaky hands still held the gun pointing at me.

*********************
Don't forget to vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459K 13.9K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
588K 33.1K 47
[•2020 Readers' Choice Winner for Best Beginner's Story and Nominee for Best Overall Story•] Lauren Allert is a pediatric oncology nurse whose spirit...
91.3K 825 5
"You don't become friends with someone you're in love with" She's back. After spending two years in London, Alexis is back looking more beautiful t...
20.7K 123 17
A journey from lust to love, from a friend to friends with benefits, from her boyfriend to my man, from infatuation to deep love. But all this comes...