Can shattered hearts be mende...

By etforever101

**Mature Content, for mature readers** Romantic Thriller Novel: Jessica is a pediatric oncology nurse at the... More

CAST
A new beginning
Hope
Girls Night Out
Nice to meet you
Need your help
Nightmares
Bar Games
Strange dreams and reality
Bringing in the New Year
Don't want to be alone
Memories
The unexpected
Tasty Blood
Roller Coaster Life
Fighter
The chase
This is just the beginning
Expecting the unexpected

Rock bottom

977 52 0
By etforever101

I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon. Was he cooking breakfast for me? Nick was literally one of the sweetest guys I ever met. I walked in his kitchen having only his shirt and my thongs on.

"Good morning, Jess. Don't you look stunning in the morning." I blushed trying to hide it. "Thank you for all of this. You really are one of the nicest guys I have ever met." He looked at me confused.

"Guys are jerks, if they had a chance with you and screwed it up, they are the ones that are at a huge loss." He said as he sat a plate in front of me. It looked delicious and I was starving. Making love to this man could drain any women. He was amazing in the bed making me not want to get up and enter back into reality.

I heard a phone buzzing then I noticed it was his. Sat there picking at my breakfast as he talked walking into the other room but I could still hear.

"No, I thought I told you never to call. I'm empty, there is nothing I can do for you." A couple seconds pass and he raises his voice, "No, there is nothing to work out. Your what? Here, now." I heard knocks at the door. Nick yelled out a loud curse word.

He ran in the kitchen and took my arm. "You have to go, now." He pulled me by my arm. I grabbed my clothes and purse on the way out the back door. More knocks on the door and a women's voice, "Nicholas, open this door. I'm not leaving till you open up, now." More knocks...

"Who is she, Nick?" I whisper. Before closing the door in my face he said, "She is my wife." I stood there for a moment trying to gather my thoughts, feeling my heart shatter to pieces in my chest. I heard screams and yelling on the inside but I left quickly not wanting to be in the middle of it. Kind of in the middle of things already having just slept with a married man. I was a skank, a homewrecker, a destroyer of a marriage.

I wiped the tears from my face and caught a cab. How could I be so stupid. Why didn't he ever mention her. I'm not that kind of person. Yeah, I knew he was with Ashley and felt bad for it but it all happened so fast.

I checked my phone, texts from Sydney, Chloe and Jake. Sydney:"I saw the hottie you left with, do catch us up soon!" Chloe's kind of said the same thing. Jakes text read:"Jess, I have given you time. I told you that I don't take rejection well. So I'm giving you one more chance, text me back and let's work things out."

I wanted to text him back saying move on already and leave me alone but I didnt. I had a lot on my mind right now and he was the last thing I was worried about.

It was getting late and I needed some fresh air. I thought I would take a walk to clear my head. I did receive a text from Nick saying he wanted to talk, right now, but I didn't respond.

I had been a complete fool for even thinking he was different. My phone buzzed again but I just kept walking putting my phone on silent. I did see that it was Nick again trying to call.

I tried to avoid the dark alley ways but it was impossible. I had to walk past them but I would keep my head down and walk really fast past.

Suddenly I felt someone grabbing me from behind, my mouth was covered and a strange smell was seeping out of whatever was covering my face. I didn't even have a chance to feel fear quickly seeing spots. Then everything was black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

891K 15.1K 22
DISCRETION SERIES - Stand Alone - BOOK #5 ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎ " I only trust you, Tesoro.. " He muttered once again, not budging when I tried to pull...
91.3K 825 5
"You don't become friends with someone you're in love with" She's back. After spending two years in London, Alexis is back looking more beautiful t...
4.6K 245 12
"Passion's a word which involves so many feelings. I feel it when we touch; I feel it when we kiss; I feel it when I look at you. For you are my pass...
583K 33K 47
[•2020 Readers' Choice Winner for Best Beginner's Story and Nominee for Best Overall Story•] Lauren Allert is a pediatric oncology nurse whose spirit...