Cinderella's Shoe (COMPLETED)

By KatTaySummers

"Why?" She interrogated once they entered the room together, apprehensive about what she was inquiring and pe... More

Important Teaser Quotes From The Book
Summary and Info
Acknowledgements
Introduction
Wolfie's Guide To Supernatural Creatures
Excerpt 1
Excerpt 2
Quote/Poem
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN: HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue: We Keep This Love In A Photograph
Cast and Credits
The Author's Note On Writing Cinderella's Shoe
where ive been

Chapter 5

2.6K 110 40
By KatTaySummers

Chapter 5
Isabella.

                                 When I heard the news that there was a party being held in the town, I was ecstatic. I thought it would be a brilliant chance for my sister Ariel to get out of the house, have fun for one night, and maybe find her mate if it was possible for her to have one out there waiting for her.

But, of course, she just had to have other plans. Stupid plans, might I add.

I've always hated our dreadful stepmother. Our stepfather wasn't that bad, he was actually quite nice when his mate and wife weren't around to mess with your head. She was the problem, not him. You could tell he would be an amazing father who would spoil you and treat you like a princess if his mate wasn't so fucking deranged. He was so supportive of me when I left the house. I was frightened when he found out where Mason and I were, I thought he was going to drag me back to the place unwillingly like she would have done, but instead, he offered me some help with the new house and wanted to put some money towards paying for it all.

I had declined him several times, but of course, him being an extremely stubborn man, he wouldn't stop asking and wouldn't leave until I accepted him. In the end, I did, and now he offers me care with the baby. He already found the perfect nanny and paid generously for the supplies we would soon desperately needing. I don't understand why he was so hell bent on aiding us, but I was extremely grateful for it.

There was only one more thing I would be needing of him:

And that's to persuade Ariel and give her permission to go to The Alpha's Ball. I know that she would never go in a million years if she was allowed, and everyone wants her to go. We want her to let loose, enjoy herself- and this way she'll most likely find her mate. I know she has a mate out there, I just don't understand why she doesn't feel a connection to him like all wolves are supposed to.

We hope she will, and we hope that she'll accept him and he won't reject her. All everyone wants for her, (well, everyone that cares about her, at least), is for to find happiness. All a werewolf needs in his or her life to find true happiness is their mate.

And that is all Ariel needs. She finds her mate: she gets out of that place like I did and lives a much better life. It happened to me, and I want the same for her. Her friends, most of her family- even people she doesn't even know about- want her to find some kind of happiness in her life.

But sometimes, happiness is short-lived. And in this case, Ariel's joy must be kept for a long time. She needs it. She desires it. Otherwise, she'll crumble without it.

And if that happens, I fear that there will be no way of saving her this time. We may have succeeded last time by a thread, but this time, I'm not so certain of it...

Ella.

      Ariel is so freaking stupid.

If she thinks she can get away with not going to the party, she's very mistaken. We'll force her to go if we have to. We'll drag her out of that prison she calls home by her hair if we must. Obviously, we'll make her hair and everything else look perfect for her mate afterwards. We just want what is best for her, I promise.

Well, let me explain myself, my relation to Ariel and what type of person I think she is.

My name is Ella Sparkalar. I have blonde hair and light brown eyes that can sometimes be blue. On the occasion, my hair can also go golden, brown, or even ginger if the lighting's right. I am described as a kind, loving, gentle person who is also very intelligent. I am a sixteen-year-old werewolf, and I have yet to meet my mate. Although I am set to meet him at some point soon, I hope.

My wolf is a silver colour, almost the exact same shade as the types of silver that can kill us. I have a few streaks of white on it, and my wolf eyes are blue. I have no idea why they are blue, seeing as most werewolves have yellow eyes. Legend says that if you have killed another of our kind, then your eyes turn blue whenever your wolf shows. But I know for a fact that I haven't killed another wolf, and I don't plan on doing it either. It's all a mystery to me really. I hope my mate doesn't think me to be some sort of mass murderer or something- that would break me and my wolf's heart if he were to think so.

Ariel is one of my best friends. She is quite beautiful, her mate is so lucky to have someone like her as their mate. She's smart, sassy, sexy- the perfect package for any guy really. I know she's insecure and has mental problems, but she needs to build on her confidence more. I know she has it in her somewhere- she just needs her mate or a really great man to help her find it. But I know she wouldn't date around or become a slut like Jessica. I know very well that she'd save everything for her mate. I know for a fact that she has done- Matt would never let her be with anyone who wasn't her mate in the first place.

Do I really think that Ariel will be allowed to go to The Alpha's Ball? To be honest, I'm not entirely sure about that. I think that if she works hard enough and stays out of trouble, then she could be allowed to go.

I just hope her stupid stepmother allows her to go...

Ariel.

            I didn't want to go to that stupid ball. I know I won't have a good time since I won't find my mate (which is the main point of the event), but I know for a fact that I won't even be allowed to go. There's no way in hell that they'll let me go. I immediately know that they won't. Especially after the last time that I asked them if I could go anywhere. That didn't end as a pleasant conversation finished, no wounds, and permission to go. In fact, it ended the exact opposite way.

Maybe I could make my own dress. Just to prove that it didn't cost anything for them and the only thing they needed to do was provide me with a lift there and a lift back. And even if they said no to that, I could grab one of the horses and sneak into the party. I would most likely get caught, but who knows? I could get in and get out safely.

I was thinking that maybe my stepmother would let me go if I did pretty much anything she wanted me to. It might work, actually. Or it may not. I don't know really. 🤷🏻‍♀️

My friends think that I'll be able to go if I behave and stay out of trouble. But, the thing is, they don't know how hard that actually is to do. My stepmother shouts at me for pretty much anything I do, even if I do it right. She waits for me to make any sort of mistake, even if it's the smallest thing, and then I end up getting an unfair punishment for it. So, it's not exactly as easy to do as it sounds.

I was cleaning around the house as I normally do, trapped in my thoughts, dusting some of the cobwebs out of the high corners of the house, humming a simple song as I completed the day's work. I didn't notice him behind me in the slightest, not until he grabbed my arm tightly and yanked me to somewhere that I didn't know.

It was my stepfather, Stephen.

My stepfather is a very silent man. Peaceful. He doesn't do anything. He doesn't even care about me. It's obvious by the look he constantly wears in his eyes- even when I am being abused by his mate and wife. He was never willing to help me, he never even bothered giving me a second glance. Never would I be spoiled by him, only Isaac and the twins would receive lavish gifts from him. When it came to me, I was lucky if I got a simple 'thank you' or a 'hello,' from him. He never supported me, he wasn't there for me when I needed him to be.

"What are you doing?" I interrogated him as he shoved me into a spare room.

"I don't have enough time before she finds out where I am and what I'm telling you."

"What? Who?" Who was he talking about? Then I realised. He was talking about my stepmother Freya. "Oh." Was all I said.

"Yeah, so you need to listen to what I'm about to say to you. I won't have enough time to repeat it, so you're gonna have to listen very carefully."

I nodded my head rapidly in response.

"As you have heard, The Alpha's Ball is approaching us. I know that you'll be busy with preparing and helping around the house and with the decorations at the town hall, so I might as well say this now: I'm going to help you get in there as a guest."

I gaped at him in shock. I moved my mouth to interrupt him, but he silenced me.

"I will do what I can, but I will make sure that you can get in there with ease."

"But what does that have to do with the fact that we're here?"

"Look, I'll help you out. I'll throw in a good word for you to Freya, but I don't know what good it'll do for your chances."

"Thank you," I said to him. That was the only thing I could say to him. I was speechless. The man had never cared for me like this before, so it was safe to say that I could be as shocked as I wanted to.

He left me alone at the top of the stairs, leaving me to think of what he would do to convince my stepmother to let me go with them and have fun. It was on my birthday, after all.

Hopefully, he would succeed in his mission...

A Few Hours Later...

            I was in my attic room, thinking about what my stepfather had said to me. He had never aimed to help me before, so why bother now? Well, what would you do if something like that happened to you? How would you react to something like that?

I was lying on my mattress, which felt more like a rock than something that is supposed to be plushy and soft. I opened one of my all-time favourite books, (one that my real father bought me when I was young, I treasure it like nothing else as the rest were burned by Freya and this is all I have left of him) Sometimes Moments by Len Webster, and began reading.

I had just gotten to the part where Peyton's hotel had just burned down, and her picture had just been saved. Unfortunately, I couldn't read anymore, as I was interrupted. All good things must come to an end at one point, especially all stories.

"Ariel! Come down here this instant!"

I was reluctant to leave the comfort of my bed and book, but unfortunately, there is always work that needs to be completed.

"Ariel!"

Oh great. Now what does she want?! A manicure? A spa day? I'm honestly tempted to give her a nice, lovely, relaxing punch to the face at this rate. That would work with me just fine, if I'm being honest here.

I descended the stairs, rushing down them so I wouldn't get shouted at for being slow.

I guessed she heard my rushed footsteps, as she hollered something else to me.

"Ariel, can you please come into the living room for a minute or two. Your father and I have something urgent we would like to discuss with you."

What the fuck? She never said please, let alone even had a trace of manners for me before! So what was going on with her here?

I walked in there to see them both standing there with... Pleasant smiles on their faces?

"Please, sit down."

I obeyed, not wishing for another punishment.

"As you know, you've worked extremely hard this year, and we found that it would be unfair if we didn't reward you for your excellent services. So, as a little treat..."

She turned and looked at my stepfather for a few seconds, and he nodded his head. She drew her attention back to me. Then she said three words I never thought I'd hear her say in my entire existence of knowing her and being her slave.

"You can go to the Alpha's Ball, which I understand is on your birthday."

My eyes widened at the sight. Had she really just given me permission to go? Had she really done that? And the weirdest thing was- she wasn't even lying to me. Her heartbeat didn't increase, there were no signs of her lying at all. Not a single one. Unless she was really good at concealing it, there was no way in heaven or hell that she was actually lying to my face.

"Of course, all of this will depend on your behaviour over the next few weeks. Should you behave very well and get minimal amounts of punishments, you have our permission to go."

I would have to behave then. I would go, and no one would be able to stop me from going this year. Not even them...

Dada-la-da Dada-la-da!

I'MMMMMMMMM BAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Well, uh sort of.

I've been very busy recently, and the lack of wanting to write has taken over.

BUT I CONQUERED IT! I BEAT IT'S ASS INTO A PULP WITH MY AMAZING SEXINESS AND BRILLIANT WEREWOLF/TURTLE/UNICORN HYBRID ASS!

Wolfie: Okay, okay. Enough of how amazing I am! It's now time for what you've all been waiting for!

Audience: *cheers*

Wolfie: That's right, it's time for Convos With The Characters!

Ariel: Sure you did. *rolls eyes*

Wolfie: Shut up. Don't diss how fabulous I am, bitch. *clicks fingers sassily* Anyways. WHERE ARE MY LENATICS AT?!

Ariel: HERE! I'M ONE!

Wolfie: Shut up. No one asked for your opinion at all.

Ariel: *pouts and mumbles something*

Wolfie: What now? I thought Freya told you not to mumble?

Ariel: Nothing.

Wolfie: That's what I thought. What would you guys like to see next? I already have a few plans, but do you think her stepmother is actually being nice? Or is she plotting something?

Question: When (if you do rebels) do you complete homework?

My Answer: Whenever I need to. The lesson or break or lunch before. The morning it's due... I say I forgot it... Everything I can come up with.

COMMENT YOUR ANSWERS HERE: :)

This is for Kalina btw she's so sweet :)

BYEEEEE!

-W. *Poof of turtles and unicorns and amazeballsness

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 10.6K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
18.7K 725 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
1.8K 238 14
"Oh Vixen, I'm not going to kill you, No. That would be too easy, I'm going to rip you apart...I'll break your spirit and see you crumple at my feet...
7K 284 32
**WARNING: This book does have some dark themes to it that revolve around abuse, rape etc. So please do not read if these themes are triggers for you...