Born With Different Cells

By viewsfromkonoha

[[[This story has been rewritten and published as "Toxicant". This is unedited and quite a mess really. Thoug... More

|| Times Are Changing ||
|| Gotta Be Kidding ||
|| Celebrating Nothing ||
|| Finding Myself in a Book ||
|| Life Can Be Described as Hell ||
|| Friends Teammates Either Way We Care ||
|| Showing Off Just Isn't My Thing ||
|| Trouble Magnets ||
|| Secrets Revealed but Not Life Itself ||
|| Poison Doesn't Smell Like Energy Drinks ||
|| Mother Nature or Father Nature? ||
|| To Mend a Broken Soul ||
|| Fusion and Force ||
|| Plain Old Me With a Twist ||
|| Forbidden in General ||
|| Literal Triple Threat ||
|| Mark of the Sky ||
|| The Wrong Type of Thoughts ||
|| Fool's Gold ||
|| Young Younger & Youngest ||
|| Nothing Lasts Forever ||
|| Itzy Bitzy Spider ||
|| Everlasting ||
|| Another Round of Hell: Pt. One ||
|| Another Round of Hell: Pt. Two ||
|| Another Round of Hell: Pt. Three ||
|| Rooms to the Soul ||
|| All is Fair in Love and War ||
|| A New Beginning; Pt 1 ||
|| A New Beginning: Pt. 2 ||
|| Change ||
|| A Smirk of Happiness? ||
|| The Puzzle is Completed ||
|| Sprouted ||
|| Floral Dresses Flower Bushes ||
|| Dumplings and Blood Lines ||
|| The Dark Rules Over Light ||
|| The Tale The Truth The Real The Sirius ||
|| Epilogue ||

|| A Blue Man and a...Murderer? ||

583 34 0
By viewsfromkonoha

ANOTHER CHAPTER THIS WEEK! WAH!

Yes, another chapter this week because next week is finals, and I might not update. But I will try! The next few chapters will be fillers, and around the thirty-fifth chapter, things will start falling into place. The last chapter will be Chapter Thirty-Nine, and then an Epilogue will end this book. BUT, we shall not dwell on that now!

The external link is kinda cute and kinda funny.

I really like that picture. --->

Read on~

08.10.2016: THIS STORY HAS BEEN REWRITTEN TITLED "Toxicant". WHILE YOU ARE WELCOME TO READ THIS, PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR SOME CLICHE "WTF?" MOMENTS. I WAS THIRTEEN WHEN I WROTE THIS AND HAVE IMPROVED SIGNIFICANTLY.

|| Chapter Thirty-Two ||

|| Kathena's pov... ||

Days had passed since the death of Godfather. The elders of the village are searching for a new Hokage, but I believe Hiruzen Saratobi will always be the best Hokage to ever live.

Since we don't have a Hokage, the Genin and Chūnin aren't allowed to do any missions, so we're stuck inside the village.

We've also been on high alert, because anyone could attack us at any moment. Does the outside world even know we don't have a Hokage?

Maybe it's because we don't have a current Hokage that the team has been acting strangely. They've been quiet a lot, and whenever Naruto opens his mouth, Sasuke glares at him, and Sakura asks Kakashi Sensei a random question.

The confusing part is, I know she knows the answer to the questions!

Did I do something wrong? Was it my meltdown that set them off track? I know I don't cry often, but Naruto told me to let it out, and I did.

We're just doing a simple mission, cut logs in half, but I can tell my teammates are acting strangely. Sasuke is way too focused on cutting the log, and Naruto isn't even trying to beat Sasuke for once.

What is going on?

Fuhen chuckles in my head. 'You're overthinking things. Maybe living in a village without a head is worrisome.' I sigh, and let myself fall into the depths of my mind.

Fuhen stares down at me, amusement in his red eyes. I sat down, and rest my head in my hands. "It doesn't make sense." I shake my head. "They aren't even themselves anymore!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air.

"Have patience. You aren't a mind reader, nor their keeper. You're worrying about them way too much." Fuhen tells me. I sigh, knowing he is right.

"Thanks Fuhen-sama." Then I left my mind coven.

It seems like forever before we're done chopping two hundred pieces of wood in half. It was a simple favor outside the village, which confuses me. since we aren't supposed to leave? We say goodbye to the elderly couple and start on our short journey back to Konoha.

It's obvious when Kakashi Sensei is walking faster than normal, and my teammates are generally together. Naruto glances at me, followed by Sakura, then Sasuke. I sent them a confusing look, but they just smile, and turn back to walking.

'You saw that right?' Fuhen chuckles. 'Yes Kathena. I did see that. Don't let it get to you. Before long, we'll be gone.' I nod absentmindedly.

"Why are you nodding, Kathena?"

I look up at Kakashi Sensei, Konoha gates right behind him. "Uh..." I glance at my three teammates, who are huddled together, but not saying a word. Are they cold?

"I was just thinking." I sent Kakashi Sensei my best 'I'm-seriously-not-lying' smile. Because in all honesty, I was really thinking. I was just having a conversation about what I was thinking. Fuhen snorts.

"Whatever you say Kathena." Kakashi Sensei turns to the gates, hands in pockets. "That's enough for today. Now if you'll excuse me, I have Sensei stuff to do." And then he strolls inside the gates.

I watch him go. 'I think he'd be a good Hokage.' I tell Fuhen. He blows out a lot of air. 'Maybe, but he probably isn't up for it.' I start walking. 'You can say that again.'

|*|*|*|*|

I glare at the map before me. I need a light source, and the moon is hidden by the clouds tonight, so I don't have one. Not even Jesse can read it, plus he's asleep.

Being so focused on the map, I didn't realize I stepped onto campground until a light from a fire lit the map. I'm sure my face lit up with it.

I step closer the fire, but not too close, and read the map. "I don't even know where I am." I grumble, twisting the map in confusion.

"Maybe we can help."

My heart jumps at the sound of the voice. A chuckle follows my action, and it doesn't belong to me. Fuhen tells me to run, but I turn to face where the sounds come from.

Two men are sitting by the fire. One has long black hair with black eyes. The other is light blue with dark blue eyes. He also has gills on his face.

The blue man is shirtless, and has a large gash on the side of his arm. The man with black hair seems to be trying to heal it.

On the floor beside the blue man is a cloak, one identical to the one the black haired man has on. It's fully black, with red clouds on it. I find it pretty.

I walk around the fire and hand the man with black hair my map. While he looks at it, the blue man chuckles. "Look at that Itachi. She's a Leaf nin."

Itachi looks at my forehead protector, before down at the map again. "So it seems."

'Don't you know not to talk to strangers?' Fuhen asks. 'I need help.' I replied, a slight whine in my voice.

"Are you a Genin?" Itachi asks. I was about to nod, but he wouldn't see me. "Yes I am." He looks up at me then. "Why are you traveling to the Land of Waves on your own?" The blue man smirks, waiting for an answer.

I gulp, feeling my throat become dry. "Uh," Their eyes are expecting. "I need something there." That makes sense. And I'm not lying, I'm going for a refuel.

Their eyes just watch me, and it's uncomfortable. My shoulder randomly twitches. And I feel as though I can't leave until this conversation is over.

"Do you know Sasuke?" Itachi asks. My eyes widen. How does he know Sasuke? Should I answer? What should I say?

"I'm afraid not." I'm surprised at how confident my voice sounds. Itachi stares into my eyes, almost as if he's reading my soul. Then he says, "What a disappointment."

Itachi hands me the map. "Just keep going North, then you'll come to a village where someone can take you across the river to the Land of Waves. Once on the island, head North-East. Your destination is on the left."

I pocket the map. "Thank you." I bow, but not before my eyes snap towards the gash on the blue man.

"What happened?" The man chuckles. "I had a run in with some people I don't like, and they handle poison. They snagged me, but I got them back." The look on his face told me he didn't just beat them up.

"I can't get the poison out. It's too deep, unless someone sucks it out, and I'm not one to volunteer." Itachi says. "It'd be gross if I did it." The blue man says.

"I'll get it out for you, if you like." I suggest. "It's the least I can do." The blue man raises his arm up. "Be my guest."

I shiver, why does his blood smell like it contains so much salt? I push his arm down, and crouch down. With one hand, I hold his arm up. With the other, I hover my hand above it.

"This might sting a bit." I'm surprised when both men don't say a word, so I start the Jutsu. My hand suddenly glows with purple chakra, and the tug-of-war game begins.

Getting his poison out was a bit more difficult then with Naruto's system, but it's probably because this man is incredibly larger.

Despite that, both men are quiet as I finish wrapping his arm in bandages. I tie a knot, and brush off my hands. "Done." My proud smile is hidden by the high collar of my dark red cloak.

The blue man moves his arm around, a grin on his face. "Thanks kid." We all stand up, and the blue man puts on his cloak.

"For a Genin, I'm surprised you can use a healing Jutsu." Itachi says. "It's a clan specialty." I reply, memorizing his face.

I know I'll see this face again.

"What clan are you from, kid?" The blue man asks. I stiffen slightly. "Kado. The Kado clan." I memorize his face as well.

"Interesting." Itachi nods once. "Be careful." I nod once back. "You too. Goodbye." I turn on my heel, and start walking to the forest edge again.

"Oh, and Kado?"

I stop, but don't turn around.

"Say hello to Sasuke for me. Tell him, love big brother." And then their chakra sources disappear.

I'm still, rigid and shocked.

I just had a conversation with a mass murderer.

But right now, that's the least of my worries.

|*|*|*|*|

I know, short chapter. Sorry about that guys. Oh and yes, the blue man is Kisame if you already didn't know. He's the shark guy in the Akatsuki.

Did you know that the creator of Naruto originally wanted all the Akatsuki members to be animalistic with no human characteristics, hence Zetsu, Sasori and Kisame? You didn't? Well, now you know! (^_^)

I got burned while making fries yesterday. D:

Well, I'll see you next time~!

Vote & Comment! Deuces & God bless!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 402 26
SAKURA X OC They were just nameless children when taken under Danzo's wing - one they struggled to escape no matter how hard they tried, regardless o...
21.2K 598 21
(Completed) Her village was in chaos when she was born. Her father took her out of the village and left her in the forest so he could help defend the...
240K 4.7K 58
Ranked #1 in Kakashi Stories!! Thank you so much! ❤️ Sasuke and Itachi has an older sister Keiko Uchiha who had returned to the village. After workin...
98.7K 4.2K 39
•I'm definitely rewriting this story, the plot was there but I just couldn't write it properly I guess. Sakura Haruno wishes she was invisible someti...