My Brother's Best Friend | co...

By tinxla

Kylie Sawyer moves in with her older brother, Jake, and his roommate/best friend, Damian King. With Damian be... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
SPIN OFF
EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT
Extra 1
Extra 2
Extra 3
Extra 4
Extra 5
Extra 6
Extra 7
Extra 8
ME AGAIN
Self Advertising xD
Review
Publishing?
Well, would you look at that?
Le bonus chapter? Heh, well. . .
[official] BONUS CHAPTER

Chapter Thirty One

97.6K 2.5K 444
By tinxla

"Damian!" I whine, eyes starting to form tears. It was annoying for me. I cried a lot lately and it was bugging me at how much I cried. Five months of pregnancy and I was ready to just get this baby out of me. I wanted to get back to normal emotions and also be able to hold our baby but also definitely be able to have normal emotions.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Hm, yes, good point. Why was I crying? Even I don't know! This is making me so angry now. Damian comes and sits on the couch beside me, pulling me into a hug. My tears and anger disappear and I started to feel sleepy. "Baby, tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know," I murmur, letting out a sigh.

"Is it mood swings again?" Yeah, I had a lot of mood swings recently. Sometimes there was just too much to count.

"Probably. Please don't go." I snuggled closer to him and held onto him tightly. On of his arms were around me whereas his other free hand was resting on my stomach.

"I'm not going anywhere." It was kind of difficult to hug him properly now that my bump was getting bigger. It was getting bigger and bigger by the day and it was frustratingly wonderful. It was frustrating because it was limiting the things I could do which meant Damian had to do a lot for me. Then again, it was wonderful because our little baby was in there and growing. "We actually have to go somewhere, we have a scan today."

"Oh yeah, we do."

"Come on, let's get you changed." He stands up and helps me to my feet. I waddle to our room with Damian holding my hand. Once we got in the room, he sat me down on the bed and proceeded to get some clothes out for me.

I huffed, "I can get my own clothes, you know?" I was still able to move around and able to get my own clothes but Damian acted as if I was a fragile doll. I appreciated his much he helped me but I still wanted to be able to do my own thing.

"I want to be helpful," he stated, holding up some leggings and an over-sized T-shirt. He handed them to me and I went ahead getting undressed. He pulled out some green fluffy socks and helped me put them on, after I put my leggings and underwear on. He helped me put on my bra and chuckled to himself, "I'm better at taking this off than putting it on, you know?" I replied to him with a laugh as the then helped me into the T-shirt.

We soon left for the hospital and when we arrived, we only had to wait for about ten minutes before being called. "The babies are looking very healthy." The nurse says. I look to Damian, smiling. Instead of him smiling back, he looked as pale as a ghost with a shocked expression on his face.

"Damian?" I call out, trying to get his attention.

"Hang on, babies? Plural?" My eyes widen in realisation. The nurse said babies. We were having more than one baby. The nurse looked at us and laughed.

"You haven't been told you're having twins?" No!

"When were we suppose to know?" he asks her and she tells us we were suppose to know months ago at any time around our six week scan. She explained how sometimes you wouldn't know until the eight week scan but how she had never had a case where we weren't told at all.

"Well, now you know you're having more than one baby. You're having twins and they are very healthy and growing how they should. Congratulations, you two. Now, you're at the stage where I can tell you the gender of your babies. Would you like to know?" she asks, still smiling at us. I still can't believe we are having twins.

"Why don't we keep it a surprise? I mean, they're due for around Christmas time. It's like they're our little gift and gifts are usually surprises," I suggest, loving how my train of thought went. Damian agrees with me and the nurse tells us she will be right back. I pull my shirt down and get off of the bed. "Twins, we're having twins." I had been wondering why I was so massive. Jake always said that mum wasn't as big as I was when she was having me and so I just thought it was because I was more along in the pregnancy than I actually was. I guess I was wrong. The nurse comes back and hands us a few photos of our babies. Babies, two of them.

We then make our way home and once we were in the safety of our own home, Damian exclaimed, "Twins, we're having twins! This is so awesome. I wanted twins but I never thought we would actually have twins! This is seriously great!" I scoffed at him.

"Not for me. I'm the one who has to push one after the next out! You just have to be there for me," I tell him and he grimaces.

"Okay, point made. Please never give me that visual again."

"How are you going to cope when I'm actually giving birth?" I ask, laughing. He simply shrugs and helps me take off my shoes. "I'm going to go shower," I announce, waddling to the bathroom. Damian called after me saying he was coming with me.

That was the thing with being pregnant and having Damian as a husband. Damian never let me do things on my own and he was always with me. If he couldn't be with me, he basically had a babysitter for me which was usually mine or his mum. It was mainly my mum and occasionally she has Jake, Samantha and the kids accompanying her since Jake had work. Even though it got on my nerves that Damian was constantly by my side, I sort of loved it. It made me realise that he would always be here for me no matter what.

Damian joined me in the shower which was a bit of a squeeze but we managed as we usually did. After finishing, he helped me get dressed again. It was annoying though because I know I can still dress myself but he always insisted on helping me. I remember we got in a few arguments over it so right now, I let him be. After he helped me getting dressed, we relaxed on the couch and watched Friends since it was on a rerun. I liked watching it because it was funny. Sure, it was an old show but I still love it. "We should start to think of names."

"Hm, yeah. Have you thought of any?" I ask him, turning my attention to him.

"Nope, that's why I suggested we start thinking of them. It makes sense, I guess." I said to him we should start thinking later because at this moment, I also didn't have any names. We watch Friends in silence, a few laughs here and there. Damian pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me. I snuggle closer to him and felt him press a light kiss on the top of my head. "I can't wait for these little ones to pop out. It'll be nice that we can actually have our own family now. I also can't wait to hold our little angels in my arms. Damn, hope they're both girls. I'll have two princesses to spoil, and of course my Queen." I'm his Queen!

"You're so sweet. Don't go turning all mushy on me," I whisper, feeling the tears prick at my eyes. No, emotions, please stop.

"Shh, I'm only mushy for you!" he exclaims, pressing another kiss to my head.

"You're weird, but I love you."

"I know." He places his hands on my tummy. "My little princesses."

"You know, they could be boys or one girl and one boy," I point out, making him furrow his eyebrows in thought.

"Oh yeah. My princesses or princes, or both." Silence takes over as we continue to watch tv and we eventually fall asleep on the couch. I swear this is more like a reoccurring thing.

***

The pregnancy was tough. I was almost due and I was finding it very difficult to do anything. I felt like I was a rich person who had servants and maids to do everything for them because I certainly couldn't do anything for myself. Okay, I could except it took a while and I usually ended up getting frustrated and most times broke down in tears. Yes, my emotions were still high.

I had no idea how much longer of this pregnancy I had left. I just knew that I wanted our babies out of me! I had so much back pains and me feet always hurt and I just felt so uncomfortable all the time! I was slowly dying here but I knew that at the end of this, I would have the two most precious gifts in my arms.

I was minding my own business and walking outside in the garden. It was a cold day for sure but I always felt very hot. Because I did, I spent most of my time outside in the garden where it was freezing cold outside. The cold was very refreshing for me and I adored it.

I felt water dripping down my legs and I froze. They're coming. "Damian!" I called, making my way into the house as fast as I could. "Damian! The babies!" In an instant, he came rushing down the stairs and almost tripped. "Be careful," I scolded. He rolled his eyes and me and walked up to me, asking if I was okay. I looked down. "They're coming."

"The babies?"

"No, Godzilla! Yes the freakin' babies!" His eyes widened so big, it was almost as big as the moon. He hurriedly ran upstairs, probably to grab the bag we packed, and then grabbed my hand and helped me out to the car.

"Are you okay? In any pain?" I shook my head, thankful I hadn't yet started to experience any pain. I knew I would soon and I knew it would be horrific. These babies ought to get out of me fast. We drove to the hospital and they took their time. As a result, I was now standing and finally getting contractions. I let out a scream which startled a lot of people in the hospital. I quickly apologised and grabbed into Damian's hand.

We were soon shown to a room where I was put on the bed waiting. I had to wait until I was dilated a certain amount before I could actually start to push. It was hours before I was even ready and I was sure Damian's hand was broken by now. I'm just glad we are in a hospital.

Labour took hours and it was the longest time of my life. By the time I pushed our first baby out, I was extremely tired. I groaned in realisation when they told me I still had to push for our other baby to come out. Now that little one was quicker than the first.

I heard the double amount of cries of our babies and I started to cry myself. Damian was holding up but I knew he wanted to cry too. I was handed our babies and we were told they were a boy and a girl. I was crying as I kissed the both of them. I was just so overwhelmed with so much happiness and emotions. I handed them over to Damian knowing he would want to hold them.

Our family started to pile in after and cooed over our little angels. Bradley was mesmerised when he saw them but said they looked all icky. I explained that they didn't really look like that and he shrugged, asking Sam to get him a drink. After she saw the babies, she then took Brad to go and get a drink. Our parents were both proud grandparents. My mum was the who didn't cry. My dad? He was balling his eyes out as he held the both of them and kissed them.

"They're so gorgeous," he sobbed, kissing them a numerous amount of times. Soon enough, I started to feel really drowsy so Damian asked everyone to leave.

"You did it, sweetheart," he said, taking hold of my hand and kissing my forehead. "We're parents now."

"We were parents the minute I got pregnant," I tell him with a smile. He took hold of our now sleeping babies and put them in the cot and they slept together peacefully.

"Alright, you sleep now okay? It's been a very long and hard day for you." He pecked me on the lips and gave me a smile before I fell asleep.

It was a few days later that we were allowed to take the two of them home. We had also named them. We named our daughter Riley and our son Ryan. I don't know how we case to those names but we loved them.

We already had separate cots for them but we found out that in the short amount of time they've been in this world, they loved to sleep side by side. Sometimes they even held hands which made my heart melt.

They tended to cry together and ate together. They even went toilet together so we had to change their diapers at the same time. Well, if I was alone I did it one by one but they always seemed to go toilet at the same time. It was honestly really weird.

There were many sleepless nights but Damian and I worked together. It wasn't the case of me doing everything or him doing everything. We were both working together as a team. Damian adored our kids, why wouldn't he? He cooed over them all the time and he was so good with them.

The first year had already flown by and they were pretty big. We didn't get as many sleepless nights as we did after they were born, but there were still a lot of sleepless nights. They see,we quite smart to me because they were already walking really good by the time they were one. Damian and I was baffled because we didn't think they'd be able to start walking at their age, but they have.

One thing that was horrendous now that they could walk was bath time. That was honestly the worst experience in my life, other than getting hit by a car.

"Riley! Ryan! Come back here!" I call out to them. I stand up and run after them, realising they were definitely not coming back. I turn my back for a second, a bloody second, and they've already run off. They must have already gotten downstairs because I heard Damian speaking to them. He probably just came back from work.

"Woah, woah, woah. What are you little ones doing running around naked? Is it bath time?" I hear Damian asking them. I rush downstairs into the living room and watch as he picks the both of them up and walks towards me. He pecks me on the cheek and walks upstairs into the bathroom, me following behind.

"No, no!" They both kept exclaiming as we got closer to the bathroom. Here's the thing, bath time was an absolute nightmare. They ran off the first chance they got. They simply didn't like bath time but once they got in, they didn't want to come out! I really didn't get it.

Damian handed me Riley so it was easier for us to place both kids in the bathtub. "You both stay in here and get clean, okay? Daddy will be back soon." I put their favourite bath toys in and also put some soap bubbles in it since I know how much they love it. Damian walks in, dressed into some causal clothes.

"So how was your day?" I ask him, as the kids play with their bath toys. See, they're absolute fine now that they're in.

"Same old, nothing special. I wish I was with you three though," he admits, looking at the kids happily playing. They're so adorable.

"I wish you were here too. The kids missed you," I tell him.

"Daddy!" Ryan exclaimed. When Damian turned his attention to Ryan, he chucked water at Damian.

"Little troublemaker, aren't you?" Damian chuckled, reaching over the bathtub and messing up Ryan's wet hair. I got shampoo out and poured some in my hands and then Damian's. He shampooed Ryan's hair whilst I shampooed Riley's. We rinsed out their hair and helped them get clean, dried and dressed.

"Sweepy!" Riley mumbled as I was putting her into her pyjamas.

"You can go to bed in a second." Since their hair was still wet, I got a towel and dried their hair as best as I could. They both shared a cot still because they were still inseparable. I knew that as they grew older and got proper beds, they wouldn't want to share beds anymore.

Damian and I say goodnight to them, each kissing them on their foreheads. They stuck their thumbs into their mouth and huddled up together, falling asleep. They're just too adorable. "They can be a handful but they're such angels and so damn cute," I say, smiling at our sleeping little angels.

"It was a funny sight seeing their two naked butts as soon as I walked through the door," he told me laughing. I slap him on the chest and tell him to be quiet. We walk out the room, turning off the light and he starts laughing again. "It was just so funny!" I roll my eyes and walk to our room.

"You hungry?" I ask him. We always put the kids to bed early because they usually got tired at this time. After they went to bed, Damian and I always ate dinner.

"Definitely. It was a long day at work and I forgot my lunch."

"Wait, you did? Damian! You've got to remember," I scold, frowning at him. "Come on, let's eat." As we were about to sit down to eat, a piercing cry disrupts us.

"I'll go," he says looking slightly disappointed he had to delay eating. I was about to offer to go but he was already heading up the stairs. Did one of them have a nightmare.. Already? "Food honestly smells so nice." I jump at the sound of Damian's voice and turn around, finding him holding Riley in his arms. "She had a nightmare."

"She was only asleep for a few minutes, I swear." Sometimes I think she just cried because Damian always came. She was clearly a daddy's girl.

"I know." He kisses her forehead as she sucks her thumb. She has her eyes closed and I could hear tiny snores. "I'll be back." He walks out of the kitchen and probably heads upstairs to put her back down to sleep. He comes back a few minutes later without Riley and sits down opposite me and starts to eat.

"She's a daddy's girl, you know that?" I ask him, looking up from my food,

"And Ryan's a momma's boy," he answers back with a shrug. After finishing dinner, I was up our dishes and Damian and I relax together on the couch. "What did you do today?"

"I took the kids out to the park and then got them some ice cream. You know, as a little treat. It was only a little bit though," I told him.

"Sounds like you all had a blast."

"I suppose." It was sort of a blast and I had fun with them but there was one thing missing; Damian. Riley kept asking where he was and so I told him this.

"How's she going to cope at school? Ryan included. He's glued to you constantly, except bath time obviously." He did have a point but we still had a couple of years. I'm sure by school time they would grow out of their constant clinging to us.

"They'll grow out of it," I quietly say to him, partially not believing my own words. What if they didn't? Do we coddle them too much? I'm sure we don't..

"I kinda want more," he says out of the blue, confusing me.

"More food?" I mean, I don't blame him if he's still hungry because I actually am myself. I stand up to go and get us both so,e more food when he stops me by holding onto my wrist.

"Kids, Kylie, kids. I want more kids." Oh, that's what he meant. I tell him that we should probably wait a little until Ryan and Riley grew up some more. It would be more hectic than ever if we had more kids whilst they were still young. "I honestly cannot believe we are here."

"What do you mean?"

"Us. We are sitting here together and in love. We've got two wonderful kids sleeping upstairs and we are married. Kylie, we've come real far when some people doubted us. Can you believe that? Sweetheart, we made it." I think about it. There were a few doubts here and there from other people but he was right, we are finally here. We are a happy couple and we are together in love with two children.

"You're right," I mutter, pulling his face to mine and giving me a kiss, "and I couldn't be anymore happier. I love you, Mr King."

"I love you more, Mrs King," he murmurs against my lips. I suppose there's a happy ending for everyone, right? Who knew I'd find happiness dating my brother's best friend? Especially seeing as he started off as a player. I love how things change and I love Damian and our kids.

"We've got our happily ever after," I say softly against his lips, "not many people get that."

"We're just one of the lucky ones, sweetheart." Not wrong about that.

The End~

Keep reading for some more news!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

860K 23.3K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...
257 15 14
A forbidden love between a sister and her brother's best friend. Julia is a girl who lives in a dorm with many boys. They've been best friends since...
129K 3.9K 53
The Delgado siblings have had their lives turned around; with the inevitable appearance of a familiar face finally upon them and a whole new risk of...
547K 7.7K 17
//Higest ranking: #4 in princess// #1 in kind// #2 in alone// ...