The Elite (Completed!)

By cj-walker

From teenage years, members of the allusive 'Elite' are programmed to be stronger, faster and more intellectu... More

The Elite - Prologue.
The Elite - Chapter One.
The Elite - Chapter Two
The Elite - Chapter Three.
The Elite - Chapter Four.
The Elite - Chapter Five.
The Elite - Chapter Six.
The Elite - Chapter Seven.
The Elite - Chapter Eight.
The Elite - Chapter Nine.
The Elite - Chapter Ten.
The Elite - Chapter Eleven.
The Elite - Chapter Twelve.
The Elite - Chapter Thirteen.
The Elite - Chapter Fourteen.
The Elite - Chapter Fifteen.
The Elite - Chapter Sixteen.
The Elite - Chapter Seventeen.
The Elite - Chapter Eighteen.
The Elite - Chapter Nineteen.
The Elite - Chapter Twenty.
The Elite - Epilogue.

The Elite - Chapter Twenty-One.

1.7K 35 3
By cj-walker

  Chapter (21)

  The tension in the air was evident. I wouldn’t be surprised if sparks burst from how hard we where trying to stay fearless. We took our positions, and where left looking around the room. It wasn’t the best place to be for a battle since it was a little small but we had no other choice. Lily had the upper hand and we where just waiting on her to use it.

  We didn’t know if she would bring reinforcements or come on her own. We didn’t know if she was strong enough to not need reinforcements. Only time would tell.

  Minutes past in the smoky room, the fire in the corner burning out but it felt like hours. Being quick, I slipped my heels off and stood in my bare feet, causing Pippa to stare at me.

  “What?” I whispered to her. She was across from me, positioned between Matt and Bonny. “They hurt.”

  Pippa shook her head, the edge of her lips pulling up into a sort-of smile before turning back around and shifting into fighting stance.

  Silence engulfed The Elite, the only sound surrounding us the sound of burning and fizzing. The fire had gone right through a leather couch, eating its way through the table beside it. I didn’t even know how that fire had gotten their in the first place.

  “Such a lovely sight.”

  The Elite didn’t even cringe as Lily stepped out of the shadows, a white dress bunching around her ankles. She seemed dressed for the occasion, unlike I who felt the strap of my dress sliding over my shoulder.

  “This can be avoided.” She said loudly, the sound of her voice bouncing across the room. Rayson flinched to my right and I tried not to send her a look. We needed to look fearless and ready for whatever she threw our way. We needed to stay united.

  “If you come with me now, Daughter, I will spare everyone else’s lives.” Lily’s eyes bolted to me, her pupil’s enlarging and taking over the gold like burnt amber.

  “No.” I said, pushing my way through Matt, Bonny and Pippa who tried to hold me back but failed. This wasn’t in the plan, I knew that. Matt, Bonny and Pippa where to lead our small army with Jude, Rayson, Hannah and I behind them and so on.

  But it couldn’t be like that now.

  I needed to be in front of Lily. I needed to show her that I was no longer alone.

  I stayed in our circle while giving her the harshest daggers I could muster up.

  “Lives are at stake here, Cassandra. Do you really want to risk them?” Her grin was so evil and nearly infectious.

  Did I want to risk their lives? No.

  Did I need to? Yes.

  It was as simple as that; I needed them to help fight this war against evil. Because, after all, that’s what we where created for, right?

  I didn’t answer her question but instead took a step back, getting in the middle of Matt and Bonny who gripped onto my arms, as if to keep me there.

  “You little – !”

  Before Lily could take her first step forward, fire immerged in a circle, shooting up from the carpet as if right from the fiery pits of hell. I looked around in confusion, the circle of fire surrounding each of The Elite and protecting us from Lily.

  My eyes snapped to Hannah, who had her eyes closed and was whispering something under her sweet breath. Her hands where held slightly out in front of her, her fingers outstretched and shaking lightly.

  It was Hannah. Hannah was creating the fire, just as she had the night Jude and I had first kissed.

  She was keeping us safe.

  For now.

  I couldn’t help but watch Lily through the flames, her beautiful red ringlets seeming to blend in with the darkness. Her scars were there, though one or two seemed to be ripped open.  I flinched as her hard gaze fell upon me, the cause of all this destruction.

  “Your fire won’t hold for long. I can see that your fire art is already fading. Fading and fading and fading and fading and oops, it’s gone.” Just as she said this, the fire fell to the floor, leaving a nasty ash ring around. I swivelled slightly, not wanting to turn my back fully to Lily and gave a scared look at Hannah who was in a bad state. Her hands where now jumping up and down in a wild motion, her eyes dim and a trickle of blood dripping from her noise. She gave me a flat look, her blue eyes boring into mine before falling at Jude’s feet.

  “Cassy! Look out!”

  I span around in time to see Lily smile, those lips that had looked so motherly only a few weeks ago so cruel. So evil and full of spite that I cringed under the pressure. A tingle, so small and minute that I almost didn’t feel it, started in the base of my spine. I frowned, having never experienced any kind of cramp in the back and rubbed at the spot. It spread slowly, the sensation moving and pushing further up my spine until it hit my shoulder blades. I shivered, suddenly feeling the cold but couldn’t move. The feeling was spreading like wildfire, through my arms and down my legs. Only, now it was getting a little painful. Like needles being pressed deep into my skin and piercing my nerves.

  I hissed, my mouth moving fine and tried to move again, to no avail.

  The piercing continued, never drawing blood but it didn’t need to. It wasn’t physical. This was mental. She had created a bridge between our minds and had slowly wormed her way across it, like grandfather had said those who used dark magic could.

  The pain was almost unbearable and I found myself struggling to stand. My hands – which where now on fire – shook and I felt myself start to crumble. The prickling was getting too intense, the sensation scorching my lungs. I struggled to breathe; feeling like someone had placed a cloth over my mouth. I coughed, my spit black from the smoke before falling to my knees, my hands clasped over my mouth to stop me from screaming out in pain. My mind exploded, harsh bright lights filled my vision and I knew I was going to pass out. I needed to pass out. 

  But I couldn’t. I couldn’t let the people I loved fight my fight.

  I struggled to move my leg into a standing position but the pricking only got more painful and I soon gave up, tears washing away the black soot on my ashen face. Letting my head flop back, I stared up at the ceiling, begging the Lord for help. Couldn’t he see what was happening here? Couldn’t he feel the evil that was trying to destroy me? Destroy us?

  The situation was dangerous. I could fell others fighting around me, their anger and pain visible through colours and blurred shapes. My eyes had closed over and the pain hadn’t subsided. It was horrible. So painful. I had never experienced anything like it in my life.

  Am I going to die?

  But wouldn’t that spoil her plan? She wanted me, not me dead. She wouldn’t kill me.

  Is dying this painful?

  My ears split in agony when someone screamed. I didn’t know whether that someone was on my side or not but I sincerely hoped not. I prayed that it wasn’t.

  Fire exploded somewhere to my right and the heat pored off on me, my skin burning and bubbling under the surface. My anger flared when something smashed into my hand, causing me to tip and lie on the floor in agony. This was hell. Damn, this was worst than hell. This was my own personal hell.

  The world was fizzing out; sounds shifting into a soft breeze, scorching heat turning into a light sunshine and movement turning into nothing. I stayed still for a moment before realizing my mistake.

  I had passed out and left them all to fight for themselves!

  “Don’t worry, Cassandra Peterson. Don’t you worry your pretty little head.” Soft hands clasped around my arms and ankles, their skin so cold that they made a sizzling sound on my skin when in contact. Was I dreaming? Was someone here to help me escape my pain?

  My body went into spasm, shaking in fear and pain. The harsh blackness on the inside of my eyelids was enough to scare me without the four maybe five pairs of hands grasping different parts of my body.

  The hands grasped tighter, their feel burning into my skin. So cold. I shivered and quirked again, horrible grey stuff flooding up my throat. It spilled out of my mouth and dribbled down my chin before a soft material caught it, sweeping it all away with a soft hum.

  “You’re in safe hands, Cassandra. Just let us work.”

  The voice didn’t sound familiar, but that might have been because I was under so much pressure, the pain flaring harder than ever. A scream teased up my throat, echoing across a far away land while the hands smoothed over my skin, taking away some of the pain. A hand skimmed across my leg, taking the fire and agony with it as it swept up my torso and down my arms.

  I was starting to feel better. All most good enough to open my eyes. But I didn’t, because I was afraid of what I was going to see. These people, they where taking away my pain and making me feel good. They where giving me courage and love. I didn’t want to know what kind of being could do that. The Elite and our powers was enough weirdness for me.

  “Good luck, Cassandra. Do our family proud.”

  With that, the voice and hands left me and the feeling of fire came back. I opened my eyes, only to open them to a pair of amazing eyes. They stared at me frantically for a moment before a hand gently caressed my own. So soft, so sweet, so mine. Jude smiled a breathtaking smile at me from up above, my angel in disguise. He was here, sweet talking me into loving him the same way he loved me, but he didn’t know I already loved him. Although we had only spent so little time together, it doesn’t take too long to fall head over heels with him. His laughter, his smile, his body language; they all made me fall that little bit more in love with him.

  “Jude..” I whispered but stopped when he squeezed my hand.

  “Shh, baby. It’s okay. It’s over. Shh.” I frowned, panic building. Was anyone hurt? Where was everyone? I turned my head to the side and saw Lora standing over me, a gash running from the side of her nose to her ear. She smiled, the blood poring uncontrollably down her face before a tear ran as well, blending in with it.

  “What – what happened?”

  It couldn’t be – the fight couldn’t be over. I hadn’t even done anything!

  “It’s okay. She’s dead, Cassandra. My work here is done.” Lora sounded breathless, her hair spilling out on her shoulders. She seemed older, her eyes dim and swimming with unshed tears.

  “How?” I whispered.

  “Your aunt Lora came to help. She killed Lily when we couldn’t. I guess the prophesy didn’t say anything about a kick-ass aunt, did it?” Jude joked, his face sweaty and bloody. I took in some more oxygen, relief flooding my mind. It was done. It was over. Lily was gone and our work was done. She was dead.

   “I need to go, Cassandra. Do you hear me? I need to go.” Lora bent down next to me, taking my spare hand and looking at me with such loving eyes. How could she go? How could she leave me?

  “Where?” I asked, eyes wide. She couldn’t go!

  “Home. My family are waiting in the light. It’s been a while, Cassandra; I miss them all so much.” Her eyes met mine and she gave me a soft wink. I watched a trickle of blood run down her face and face on her peach sweater.

  “The light.” I mumbled, thinking of the hands caressing my mangled body and making me feel better. “Family.”

  “Yes.” She whispered, swiping a tear off my tender cheek and stretching back up. My eyes followed her as she gave me a small smile.

  “Take care of her, Jude.” She told my boyfriend, without taking her eyes off me.

  “Yes, Ma’am. I will.” Lora nodded sincerely, her eyes longing as they flickered to the small fire in the corner. What was the doing?

  “We’ll meet again, Cassandra. Take care.” With that, she moved swiftly to the corner and into the fire.

  “Lora!” I screamed. What was she doing? Oh God, stop her!

  The fire blazed around her, the colours sending flickers of white in her dimming eyes. She grinned, looking blissful and spread out her arms. The fire spread around them, engulfing her body and spraying high up to the ceiling. Her golden eyes shone through the white flames one more time before she burst into ashes to the sound of my piercing scream.

.......................................

I will admit, this was so emoitional for me. This is the last chapter before the epilogue which I will be posting in a few days time.

Just to say, I never knew so many people would read this. I know I dont have millions of readers but each and everyone of you who comment and vote or just simply read make up twice as much as those millions. It means so much. Thanks.

So watch out for the epilogue, coming soon.

And the song at the side is FALL FOR YOU - SECONDHAND SERENADE. If you could listen to this, I think you'll understand this story a little bit more or the emoition I was feeling while writing this. I absolutely love this book, and hate for it to end. 

But it almost has. And I cant wait for all you to read my epilogue. So watch out for it. 

Tell me what you think too, if you can spare some time :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 50.4K 26
They used to hate each other, then she moved away for three years. Now she's back for senior year and everything is different.He is arrogant and cock...
456K 2.5K 50
Lessons get learned and sometimes they are learned by those in need of them most. When the most popular girls in school takes a few wrong turns she h...
55.8K 1.3K 28
Elementals, Destinies and Time Guardians. Three races gifted with powers that exist to maintain peace between humans and themselves. At birth, every...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...