S.I.X

By KateeSmurfette

Lunch went by pretty quickly, and we were back to classes soon enough. I'd forgotten to get a book from my lo... More

Ch 1 - New Beginnings
Ch 2 - Gun Shots
Ch 3 - Ignoring Demands
Ch 4 - Working Out
Ch 5 - Ya Messed Up
Ch 6 - Check Up
Ch 7 - Plan B
Ch 8 - And Fight
Ch 9 - Holding Hands
Ch 10 - Nightmares
Ch 11 - Comas and Rocks
Ch 12 - Gentleman
Ch 13 - Intimate
Ch 14 - Good To Be Back
Ch 15 - God I Hate You
Ch 16 - Zero
Ch 17 - Sweet Sixteen For Who
Ch 19 - Closure
Ch 20 - Safe House Vacation
Ch 21 - Official
Ch 22 - Nigel
Ch 23 - Worth The Wait
0
Z.E.R.O
ANNOUNCEMENT AND STUFF
ONE MILLION!!!
SWOON READS - THE ROAD TO GETTING PUBLISHED
Z.E.R.O CHAPTERS
TWO MILLION - IMPORTANT!!!
Six and Zero on Inkitt

Ch 18 - I Am Not Losing Her

116K 3.8K 1.6K
By KateeSmurfette

^^^HE LAUGHS...😍❤️🙌🏼

THIS BOOK IS NOT EDITED (NONE OF MY BOOKS ARE)! DO NOT ANNOY ME WITH YOUR CORRECTIONS! I WILL GET AROUND TO EDITING IT LATER! JUST READ AND ENJOY THE STORY FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!

We all looked at Oliver in confusion.

"A football match?" I asked.

"Yeah! We're the best team this side, and your little goons look like they can handle being beat by us, so why not?" he replied.

"I was going to suggest a fight, but hey, you're clearly too chicken," Nick said with a shrug.

"Violence is not how you solve problems," my dad just had to remind.

"A football match it is," Six sighed, making everyone cheer.

It was decided that the football match would be happening the next day. For whatever reason, Jessie and her companions didn't leave my party, so we ignored them. Everyone went back inside, but Six dragged me away to an empty classroom.

"I can't believe you got me a car," I told him as I stood between his legs. He was sitting on one of the desks.

"It was Nick's idea, but he forced me to run it by your dad first. It was a mission getting him to agree, especially to that car," he replied.

"Why that car and why that design?" I asked.

He took a strand of my ponytail and twirled it around his fingers. "The car is for speed purposes. You may not be a part of the organization, but you're most definitely connected to it. I need to know that a car wont be the one thing slowing you down when you need to escape a bad situation."

"You had the engine customized too, didn't you?" I asked knowingly.

He nodded. "I did, but only because I want you to be safe. I got it designed the way that I did because it's a combination of your favourite colours, and your favourite thing to do."

"Which is?" I asked with a scowl.

He chuckled and removed the crease on my forehead. "You have no idea how much you love stargazing. Every time we're outside at night, your head automatically tilts towards the sky. You get so disappointed when there are no stars."

I blushed. "Of course you noticed that."

"It's my job to be particularly observant blossom, but watching you is one of my favourite things to do. You're unlike anyone else I know," he said with a smile.

"You'll be happy to know that I feel exactly the same about you," I giggled.

"I know you do. Now, mind telling me why you don't like celebrating your birthdays?" he asked.

I was afraid he would.

"Remember the night I had nightmares?" I asked, to which he nodded.

"Remember how you asked if I could remember my childhood?" I asked, to which he nodded again.

"Well I don't. I can't remember anything before I turned six. The only thing my mother told me was that whatever she was hiding from me happened on the day I turned six. I've associated my birthday with negativity since, hence not celebrating it. My mother died without telling me why I couldn't remember anything," I explained. I was surprised to find that it didn't make me sad telling him.

Just, sort of, at peace.

He gently grabbed my arm and traced my scar. "You said you think you got this scar in a fire right?"

I nodded. "I think that's what it was."

"Do you want me to investigate what happened to you?" he asked.

"Would you be able to?" I asked in hope.

"It should be easy enough to do. If the organization doesn't allow me to, I'm going to anyway. Besides, they owe me a shit load of favours," he said with a smile.

"I would love it if you could. I've always been curious," I admitted.

"I can imagine, especially since your mum took the secret to the grave with her," he pointed out.

"That's part of the reason I was so angry when she died. I had already blamed myself for her death, but when she died, I started to blame myself for being in the dark. I believed that had I not caused her death, then she would've eventually told me the truth," I replied.

"Well, I'll do everything I can to get the truth. I should have the information by next week," he said.

"That's quick," I commented.

He shrugged with a smirk. "It's how I work blossom."

"Of course it is. Let's get back to the party," I suggested.

He got down from the desk. "Did I mention that you look absolutely gorgeous right now?"

"I don't think you did," I replied with a blush.

"Well, you look ravishing," he said, checking me out before whistling lowly.

He looked just as delectable actually. He was dressed in all black as is standard with him, but instead of the usual sneakers and a t-shirt, he was actually wearing a dress shirt and dress shoes. The leather jacket and jeans however didn't go anywhere.

I wasn't complaining really.

I smacked his arm as I giggled. "Stop being a perv and let's go."

"I am not a perv. I just appreciate really good looking things," he defended.

"You're such a schmoozer," I teased.

"I take great offense to that," he deadpanned.

I giggled. "Really? I couldn't tell."

We made it back to the party, and despite his admission, my dad still sent Six a look that suggested that he'd better not try anything funny with me. I could only laugh as I dragged Six far away from the man who was trying his all to look intimidating.

Or maybe he doesn't to me because he's my dad.

"I can't believe he got you a car, let alone a Lamborghini," Sunny commented as we sat at one of the empty tables. Six had stepped out with One and Five, so I assumed its agency business.

"Technically my dad got it for me. He just customized it, but the whole thing was apparently Nick's idea," I told her.

"It's still insane. Anyway, I miss you," she sighed.

"It's been a crazy month now that you mention. We should have a girl's weekend when we get back home," I suggested.

She giggled. "Well a girl's and Nick weekend."

"We could never leave our precious gem out," I joined her as we watched him and Bridgette shimmying.

"Don't you miss cheerleading?" she asked.

I frowned. "That was random."

"I found out that you were the best cheerleader this school has had in over ten years. It's something I'm guessing you were pretty passionate about," she explained.

"I was. I still am I guess. I just haven't looked that way since my mum passed," I replied.

"Well, Bridge and I were thinking that you should join the team. It wont even take that much convincing on our part with the coach since your record here speaks for you. You just have to agree and we'll arrange everything when we get back," she said, borderline pleading.

I giggled. "Ok!"

"Really?" she squealed.

I nodded. "Really!"

Joining the cheerleading team had many advantages to it. Since all my friends are doing sports at school, being a cheerleader means I get to spend time with them, while I also get to go back to doing the one thing I love doing.

"Oh my God! Thank you so much Ellie!" she said before ambushing me in a hug.

"You're welcome! What the hell are Eli, Wes and Cash doing?" I asked. They were standing behind Bridgette and Nick, making funny looks which the two couldn't see.

"We are probably the weirdest and badass combination of people I've ever seen," Sunny commented.

I laughed. "Amen to that sister!"

"And yet I wouldn't change anything or anyone for anything," she said with a smile.

"That I can definitely agree to. What do you think tomorrow's going to turn out like?" I asked.

"Oh, we're definitely taking them down. You, Bridge and I are playing, and before you argue, think about the idea carefully," she said.

"They wont want to harm us as much," I said in realization.

"Precisely! If we have your boy playing quarterback, and Bridge using her speed to play wide receiver, then we're definitely winning that match," she explained.

"How did you even come up with that plan?" I asked.

She laughed. "You're honestly the most oblivious person at our school. The football coach is my dad."

I smacked my forehead. "Of course! Coach Acosta!"

"Do I even want to know why you just murdered your forehead?" Six asked into my ear.

"Sunny just connected the dots for me on the coach of the football team," I informed.

"How many days have you actually been to that school?" Five was the one to ask.

"Four and a half," Six answered on my behalf.

One chuckled. "Hasn't school been open for almost three months?"

"I'm going to fail my Senior year," I whined, making them laugh.

"Not on my watch blossom. I have future plans, and my plans don't involve you staying behind in high school, let alone staying in that place," Six told me.

"Your future plans have her in them?" Sunny asked the question on the tip of my tongue.

It wouldn't be Six if he actually answered that question.

The party carried on well into the early morning, before we decided to break it up so that we could all rest up for the game. My dad alerted my new friends and I that we would be going back home on Wednesday, and that it wasn't a request. We figured we shouldn't argue with the man, so we agreed.

"I know you didn't want to, but did you enjoy celebrating your birthday?" Six asked me once we were back in our room at the hotel.

Something my father didn't know about.

"I actually did. It's the first birthday ever that I can remember enjoying," I admitted.

"That's all I ever wanted for you blossom," he said. I went up and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Thank you for every part you played in putting it together," I thanked.

"So basically thank you for everything?" he said smugly.

I got on my toes and kissed him. "Cocky doesn't suit you Bond."

"Oh you think you're so funny?" he said with a laugh.

"Oh I know I am," I said innocently.

"It's a good thing the world doesn't go by what you know. We'd all be doomed," he teased.

"Oh hush! I'm joining the cheerleading team," I informed.

He picked me up for no reason, wrapping my legs around his waist. "I saw all the pictures of you at the school. You were really good at it. Is this something that will make you happy?"

"I've wanted to go back to cheerleading for a while, and now that I've forgiven my past, I think I can move on with my future," I replied.

He chuckled. "So, that's a yes?"

"That's a yes," I said with a blush.

"You're such a dork blossom," he taunted.

"Says the bigger dork," I said, poking his cheek.

I squealed when he poked my side. "It's not so nice when it's done to you huh?"

"Xander, don't even think about it," I warned.

He smirked. "Or else what?"

"I wont talk to you," I offered.

He shrugged. "Eh! I can live with that."

He attacked my sides which ended up with us laying on the bed as he continued the torture. At one point, I was sure I was going to die from lack of breathing. I was just laying there, tears coming out of my eyes with no sound coming out of my mouth.

"I hate you so much Xander," I said breathlessly.

"I hate you just as much Noelle," he said with a smile before kissing me.

It's safe to say that we had our very first hot and heavy make out session.

"Please sleep with me," I pouted.

He scowled. "Blossom I-"

"Not like that you perv! I mean sleep in the bed with me. I know my birthday's over, but this is the one gift that will make me really happy," I explained.

He looked at me sceptically. "We both know that you're already an eye-raping felon, so I am begging you to keep your hands to yourself. I've been through a lot, and I don't want to add being victimized in my sleep to my many bad experiences."

I smacked him with a pillow repeatedly while he laughed.

"I'm kidding. You can frisk me, but go any further than that and I'm calling your father on you," he said amusedly.

"XANDER!" I shouted as I continued to smack him.

He only laughed harder. "Keep it down! People might get the wrong idea of what's going on in here."

"I think you were just fine sleeping on the sleeper couch!" I huffed.

"And I still maintain that you look your cutest when you're mad at me," he said before kissing me.

I pushed him away. "Get your cooties away from me!"

"Don't you know that cooties keep you human? Unless if you fancy being an alien," he teased.

I smirked. "You may think you have one up on me, but you're the freak who's into an alien."

He lowered his lips to the bottom of my ear, nipping my earlobe. "It's kind of hot, wouldn't you agree?"

"I'd go with creepy," I moaned when he lightly bit down on the sensitive spot on my neck.

I was one hundred percent sure I would have a hickey there.

Despite the need to sleep and rest up for the game, we spent the next two hours cuddled on the bed, talking. It's moments like this that give me hope that we can survive and actually make it past the craziness in our lives.

However, by eleven in the late morning, we were up. The game was happening at three, and we had a meeting with our friends at one to discuss our strategy. We got ready so that we could spend some time together before having to face everyone else.

"Are you ready for today?" I asked him. We were sitting in the lounge of the room we were booked in.

He chuckled. "I keep forgetting that you know nothing about our school, which means you've never seen me play."

"I get it! I suck at this school thing," I huffed.

"Calm down blossom. I was born playing football, so this is nothing really. I've been the nationwide MVP for the past two years," he informed.

"Nationwide?" I asked wide-eyed.

"Yep! The buzz is obviously kept hush by the organization, but West Point has won the nationwide cup for two years straight thanks to me. We're aiming for a third title this year," he explained.

"Hasn't my arrival messed with anything?" I asked nervously.

"Nope! I haven't missed a game since you were in a coma for the games we've played. Those were the only times I left your side," he informed.

"You didn't even leave for any mission related stuff?" I asked in shock.

"I didn't. I told you that you almost dying put things into perspective for me," he reminded.

"Things like what?" I asked.

"Things like how I feel about you," he replied.

"And just how do you feel about me?" I asked.

He leaned in until his lips were inches from mine. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"That's the whole point of me asking," I pointed out as he pulled back.

He smirked. "Well you know what they say about questions."

"What is that?" I asked.

"I think I'd like my lawyer present before I answer any more," he sassed.

I could only stare at the ceiling. "God, why me?"

"Because child, it takes angels like you to convert lost souls like his," he replied in a deeper voice, making me laugh.

"I'm barely an angel," I pointed out.

"That's a strong matter of perspective," he argued.

I raised an eyebrow. "Meaning?"

"Meaning you may not consider yourself an angel, but you're my angel in my eyes," he explained seriously.

Meanwhile, all the blood rushed to my face.

"You look like a fire hydrant," my brother said as he and the gang walked into our room.

"A very adorable fire hydrant," Six said with a smirk.

"You're so cute, it's disgusting," Sunny deadpanned.

"Moving along! Our uniforms arrived," One announced as he and Five opened the boxes they were holding.

"When did you even have these made? The decision to have a game was made just last night!" Eli pointed out.

"Ask no questions, stay alive," Six told him. We all gave him a strange look, save for Five and One.

"Alright then! Here you go," Five said, passing them around.

"Why are the girls getting uniforms?" Six asked. Everyone suddenly found a spot in the room interesting.

"They're playing," my brother was brave enough to reply.

"No," Six said.

"Come on Six! There are only seven of us guys, and you can be guaranteed that Carey and his boys will have a full team. They're the champions this side, and we only have five guys here who play football. We need all the help we can get," Wes argued.

"The seven of us can take them on," Six said. Everyone gave me a pleading look, One and Five included.

"Six, think about this carefully. With us on the team, especially with Bridge playing wide receiver, then we're guaranteed to win. They wont want to hurt us," I pointed out.

"That's where you're all wrong. If they find out that you're playing, they might want to hurt you even more. Do you really think that Jessie is going to let what happened at her party go? Oliver is clearly an idiot with no backbone, and he does everything she says. If she wants you hurt, don't you think that will happen?" Six countered.

"I'm pretty sure this is more about pride for him. He wouldn't risk making the entire game about hurting Elle if he's expecting to win his dignity back," Nick argued.

"You're not getting it. It takes less than ten seconds for a person to get seriously injured from a football match," Six replied.

"And we'll protect her," One jumped in.

"I AM NOT LOSING HER AGAIN OK?"

Silence fell on the room as we finally understood what this was about. He got up and walked over to the bedroom, slamming the door behind him. I had one of two choices; either leave him be, or follow after him and force him to talk to me.

"You just need to go there and listen. Don't say anything to him," Five gave me the answer.

I nodded and headed over to the room we'd slept in. I closed the door quietly behind me. He was sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. I went over to him and moved his hands from his head to wrap them around my waist. He didn't fight me and instead rested his head on my stomach, pulling me closer to him.

"I'm not losing you again blossom," he said lowly.

"And you wont. There's no one I trust to protect me better than you, and I highly doubt I'm going to die from a football match. We just need to work out a strategy that will work, and one that you will trust to not only let us get a win, but keep me out of harm's way as well," I replied, running my hands through his hair.

He looked up at me, his chin resting on my stomach. "It's not as easy as you're making it sound."

"But you see, I have the nationwide MVP and the best captain on my side. I think I'm good," I said with a smile.

His lips quirked. "Your belief in me is terrifying."

"I guess this is a thing with us huh? Playing each other's words back at the other?" I asked with a smile.

I giggled when he blew air at my stomach before kissing it. "I guess it is."

"Now, are you going to go out there and come up with the best game plan ever known to man?" I asked.

"You bet your cute behind I am," he said as he stood up.

I beamed. "Good!"

He leaned and gave me one hell of a kiss. "I hate you."

"Boy do I hate you," I replied in a daze, making him laugh.

We made it back to our friends and the strategizing got underway. We spent an hour going through everything before heading to my old school for the game. I was surprised when we arrived to a full parking lot. Something told me there were more people here than we'd anticipated.

I was proven right when we appeared to find a whole lot of this school's supporters in their green and gold clothing. I was also shocked to find the other half of the stands in white, black and red, which are our colours.

"How do they know our colours? Do they know what school we come from?" Eli asked.

"Nope! Gretchen texted us wanting to know our colours. Apparently there are some people here willing to turn on their own team for us, so there we have it. They're about to get the shock of their lives," Bridgette informed.

We headed to the guest locker rooms and got changed. We were playing in our school kit, which One and Five had arranged under Sunny and Bridgette's orders. I think the girls are well aware of the boys' powers.

We stepped out in our gear, and I could tell that there were shocked people when they saw that Sunny, Bridge and I were playing, and also which team we belong to. Our team was still missing a player, but we were sure that we'd be able to make it with just the ten of us.

"Alright guys! These pansies didn't want to actually fight us, so we're going to beat them at their own choice of settlement, and on their territory. We're the Pumas, and we all know what that means in the high school football world- we're the best team there is in the whole country. We may not be a full team, and the team we have may not be made up entirely of football players, but for as long as we remember to use our strengths to our advantage, then we're winning this. Are we all clear on this?" Six asked as we'd huddled up.

"Yes cap!" we replied.

"Good! Pumas on three! One, two..."

"PUMAS!"

We broke apart and walked over to our positions as Oliver walked over to me. "You transferred to West Point Academy?"

"What's it to you?" I asked.

"That means your boyfriend is the legendary Six," Irwin was the one to point out in awe.

"What? You too afraid to play me now?" Six asked them.

"We're not afraid of you," Oliver spat, but his team mates didn't look too sure.

"Glad to hear it because not only are we going to strip you of any dignity you have left, we're going to do it with a team of five football players, two soccer players and three cheerleaders," Six said confidently.

Oliver scoffed. "That's not even a full team!"

"And yet we're going to wipe the floor with you," I was the one to say.

"Not if we show that you probably bought your way to the title," Oliver replied.

"That's stupid," Six and I said simultaneously.

"Then prove it!" Oliver and Irwin both challenged.

"Gladly."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 137K 44
*COMPLETED* "You think I'd murder you?" He laughed humorlessly. "I- what?" I stuttered, looking at him with a lost expression. If he didn't want to...
3.5M 89.8K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
390K 16.4K 26
She didn't reply and I felt her finger move across my skin, lower, and almost all the way down my lower back. A shiver coursed through my body, stran...
132K 2.6K 52
‼️[editing] ‼️ (No Plot Chancing just better writing and some SMALL chances to make the book better) 𝟷# 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚑...