Orb of the Protogenoi

By kcxtreme

{Greek Mythology} {Amateur Writing} {Hiatus} What happens if you turn the gods into humans and send them to o... More

Disclaimer
The Underworld
The Olympians
Celebration
Family Reunion
Mortals
Two Worlds
Problems
Places
High School
Labyrinth
Distress
Problems II
Mall
Bonus: Roommate
Spy
Provision
Entree
News
Clubs
Lies
Bonus: Fanfiction
The Force Within
Attack on the Giants
Conflict
Meltdown
Divided
Bonus: The Song of My People
Grief
Dreams and Nightmares
Decisions
The Oracle of Miami
Caution
Mini Gods vs Jr. Titans
Pain
Voyage
The Island I
The Island II
The Island III
Silence
Disclosure
Escape

Invitation

5.7K 142 41
By kcxtreme

It was a busy day at Mt. Olympus.

Tomorrow night would be the celebration and the creatures were busy with the tasks assigned to them. They were scattered everywhere, scurrying to their destination. Some were decorating the inside of the palace while the others were outside. The nymphs were being instructed by Artemis to decorate the trees and rivers surrounding the place while at the back of the palace, satyrs were going in and out of the kitchen, carrying jars of wine while Pan monitored them.

The kitchen was big and full of nymphs and the preparation of the food was supervised by Hestia. The stoves were full of cooking wares, pots were boiling with soup, and loaves of bread were being baked at the hearth while plates were being taken out and the table at the middle was brimming with food. Fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, poultry, bread, honey, wine and cheese, and the gods' favorite, ambrosia and nectar.

She was in a very happy mood for she was doing what she loves best, cooking. Her brother said to leave the cooking to the others but she wasn't going to miss this for the whole world. The goddess was very kind and loving, who is also beautiful. She is also generous and loved the young ones.

She looked at every dish being cooked, made sure that all was delicious, and chanted a spell in greek to preserve the foods. She wanted the event to be a success and with her food it might even turn out to be better than she thought. She also hoped it won't be like last time…

She cringed at the memory.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Pan. "Your lady."

"Huh? Oh! Pan, what is it?" asked Hestia.

"Where we will we put the other jars? It seems that if we put in more, the kitchen would be more crowded." answered Pan. He pointed at the place where the jars were.

"Oh, yes. Dionysus said to put the others at his storage house."

He nodded. "Thank you my lady. Oh, and I think something is burning."

Hestia panicked. "What?! Oh! My dear, I told you to take it out!"

___________________________________________________________

The great hall was adorned with decoration and round tables and chairs encircled the place. The muses were practicing the songs they were going to play while the graces tried to dance to the tune but were having a hard time due to a disturbance.

At the center of the grand hall were two goddesses who were having an argument.

"No."

"If-"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

Athena and Aphrodite were in charge of decorating the inside of the palace. The two were arguing about Aphrodite's idea for the event.

"We are not going to have a pairing game. We are not going to put images of naked nymphs on the walls. We won't be giving away vials of aphrodisiac and we won't certainly request everyone to come here naked." said Athena.

"What about-"

"No. Not even the muses nor the graces."

"But Athena! The party would be boring~!" whined Aphrodite.

"Act like your age. And for goodness sake, haven't you learned from your last party? You made everyone in heat, like a bunch of animals."

The muses, graces, and the others heard the goddess and cringed at the memory.

"I know right~! It was the best party I've ever planned! Everyone was in love-"

Athena cut her off. "In love? Are you out of your mind? We were succumbed with lust, not love."

"It's love dear, it's love~." The goddess sighed remembering the memory.

Athena sighed. "Look, go do something else, maybe Artemis needs help outside, and don't disturb me again, I'm busy counting the silverwares."

The goddess was irritated and left the place. She thought that the event she had planned was a success. Even her cupcake said it was something and that she should do it again. She went outside to the garden and sat on a marble bench. She thought for a while about how she can convince Athena and maybe even Artemis on her idea. She was gazing at some butterflies when a white bunny came out of its hiding place and hopped to her feet. She noticed it and took it in her arms. "Aww~ you're so cute."

The bunny responded with a wiggle of its nose.

"Awww~! So adorable! Athena might-"

An idea struck her.

Aphrodite laughed evilly. "Athena would love you. Come."

____________________________________________________________

Athena was busy thinking about what needed to be done when Aphrodite called her. "Ohh~ Athena darling!"

She hated when she was called "darling", but kept her cool. "Yes?"

"I have a present for you~. I'll give it to you if you agree with my ideas." said the goddess sweetly.

"It is not called a present if I have to submit to your demands."

"Really~? Because this present wants to meet you." Aphrodite removed the fabric on her hand, revealing the bunny.

It gazed at Athena and she returned it back. It was love at first sight…well, for Athena that is.

Athena cursed silently. She hated it, her one true weakness: cute things. She wanted the bunny, to hold that white, fluffy bunny. But she can't, for she was the goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, justice and skill…not cute things. Besides, she has a reputation to keep, she was a feared goddess and a lot of women look up to her, and she wasn't going to succumb to her weakness. Only a few goddesses knew of this, her…likeness for these things…and one of them was in front of her holding that wretched animal.

Curse you Aphrodite!

"No."

"No?" said Aphrodite.

"No, I have a lot of things to do and I don't need animals in the way." said Athena while glaring straightly at the goddess.

"Animals? What animals? There's only one. Anyway, bunny here wants to play with you, isn't that right Bun-bun?" said Aphrodite.

"Just put it back where you found it, it might be one of Artermis' animals." said Athena who really wanted that bunny now, she was about to speak again when Artemis came to them.

"I'm almost done outside. I see that everything is doing fine her- Oh! There you are!" She took the bunny from Aphrodite. "I was looking for you, don't ever do that again, alright? Anyway, how did you find her Aphrodite?" asked Artemis.

"Oh! Bun-bun's a girl! She came to me. She must have adored my beauty, even the animals couldn't resist it. I mean, I am the fairest of them all." said Aphrodite.

Artemis just rolled her eyes while Athena silently cursed her, remembering the memory of the golden apple.

Just then, Zeus came in to the great hall to check the progress of the goddesses' decorating. "Well~! It looks like this place would be the center of attention tomorrow night! And it's all thanks to you girls."

Athena was about to thank him when Aphrodite pushed her aside. "Why thank you, I put all my heart into all of this and I am glad that someone appreciates it." said the goddess.

"Excuse me Aphrodite, but you aren't the only one who decorated this place." said Athena, while controlling her anger.

"Yeah, and father, you haven't seen the outside. It's much more wonderful than this dump." said Artemis.

"What did you say?!" said Aphrodite.

Then the three of them started bickering.

Zeus sighed. "Alright, alright. All of you have done a good job and I have seen both the inside and the outside of the palace. I was right to choose you three."

"By the way father, aren't you supposed to go to Uncle's place?" asked Artemis.

"Why yes. I just checked on the three of you before I go." answered Zeus.

"Do you want to have a company father? That place has been dangerous of late. It's better to have someone with strength to guard you." said Athena.

"Oh! Let me call my cupcake!" said Aphrodite giddily.

"Cupcake?" asked Artemis.

"Ares, duh!" answered Aphrodite.

"I was talking about myself, not that brute." said Athena.

"Alright, before you even start that's enough. Anyway, you girls don't worry about me. I can handle whatever monsters are down there! Besides, I'll only be there for a short while! So no worries." said Zeus.

"As you say, father." said Athena.

____________________________________________________________

Sigh.

He couldn't take it anymore. He wanted to kill them if he could. But no, because if he did, serious consequences will be made, and he just wanted peace and quiet in his wonderful home. Well, for him it was wonderful, and it would be more so if it weren't for those three.

Hades was glaring at the Fates, who in turn were doing what they do for a very long time, deciding a man's fate. They were ignoring him as they do their business.

"Spin, spin, spin~!" said Clotho.

"This one will have a good life, yes, a good life indeed." said Lachesis.

Atropos cackled. "This man needs to die right…now!"

Yes, he hated them, and he also cursed Zeus for leaving them here. Why couldn't he just take them away from here? There in Olympus they could gossip with whoever they want, and Zeus might even make them obey him, unlike himself. "Why have you summoned my presence, oh dear fates." said Hades.

They ignored him.

"Spin, spin, spin~!"

"This couple will have four children."

"Hahaha! Die human!"

Even though Hades looked bored, on his mind, he was cursing them. "Oh Fates, tell me what's troubling you." said Hades.

"Spin, spin, spin~!"

"What should I do with you..."

"Hahaha! Hahaha…Ha!"

"Dear Fates…Please!" said Hades with gritted teeth. They stopped and looked at him, then looked at each other. The god thought he might get some answers now.

They just cackled and went on with their work.

That's it. He had enough.

He went down the stairs of the room, headed for the door. When he reached for the door handle, Clotho spoke up. "Be careful my lord. A… storm is coming."

"What?" asked Hades.

"…Spin, spin, spin~!"

He looked at them for a short moment and then he went out. He was headed for the throne room and while walking down the hallway he thought of what the old hag said. For once he wanted them to say something more. A storm could be anything, it could be some monster, a plague,…a storm. It could also be…but no, he was sure of it, it could not be that, besides, if it was, he should have known by now and none of his servants have alerted him.

He was now on the throne room and he sat on his throne. The god of the underworld is handsome like his brothers. He is tall and pale because of the lack of sunlight. He has the aura "don't mess with me." He was deep in his thought when a girl came in.

She saw the god looking at the floor beneath him and decided to surprise him. Tiptoeing, she went to him and gave him a peck on his cheek. This startled him and looked at her. She giggled.

"Persephone, its' just you." sighed Hades.

Persephone is a beautiful, cute, petite girl who has the innocence of a child. She is said to be beautiful like Aphrodite and maybe even more. She is kind, loving, gentle, sweet and naïve, but when angered…hide all the sharp objects from her. (Yandere)

"Just…me?" said the goddess, who was about to cry.

"No, what I mean is I'm glad you're here." said Hades who wiped a tear from her face.

She was happy to hear this and for some reason, small flowers were floating around her. Hades knew of this but he decided to ignore it a long time ago for he tried to find the reason why it did, but he failed. He beckoned her to sit at her throne which she did.

"What's troubling you my love?" she asked.

"The fates." answered Hades.

"Oh those three? They're sweet old ladies aren't they?"

Hades thought about it. "Yeah…sweet …"

"Oh and by the way, I went to them the other day, and guess what they said." said Persephone excitedly.

"What?"

Just then, the huge door of the room opened. Thanatos came to them and bowed. "My lord, forgive me if I disturbed you and your wife with my presence." he said humbly.

"What is it Thanatos?" asked the god.

"He requests your presence my lord." he said.

"Who?"

Then someone came in the room again. This time Hades wasn't sure to be pleased or not.

Zeus laughed "Hades, how's it going?"

"Father!" said the goddess happily.

"Zeus, you're here…why?" asked Hades.

"Don't worry, I won't be long." said Zeus.

He sighed. "Thanatos, you may go."

"Yes my lord." he said and went out of the room.

Persephone went to him and hugged him. "Why are you here?"

"Yes, why?" said Hades as he approached him.

"Well, of course, to see my daughter, my grand-child and you dear brother." replied Zeus.

The god of the underworld gave him the look "Like I would believe that shit".

Zeus cleared his throat. "Anyway, like I said before, how's it going? It looks like the underworld has change. There are more…dead people I see, that's good!"

Hades just glared at him.

"How's Chiron by the way? Still hauling those souls" asked Zeus, who was playing with a vase.

"It's Charon." corrected Hades.

"Oh."

"Zeus, what do you want?" asked Hades

The god sighed. "Do you know what day it is tomorrow?"

"Yes. It's the day of our birth. And let me guess, you came here all the way to invite us to a party that Hera nagged you about even though you know what my answer will be." Hades said as he walked around.

Zeus simply said "Yes."

"Well, I appreciate it but no. But I'm willing to let Persephone and Melinoe participate, as long as it wasn't Aphrodite who planned this event. I heard that last time was…something. I'm glad we didn't go."

"Oh yes that party! I've been wanting to know what had happened at that time father. Would you please tell me?" said the goddess with those puppy eyes.

"Uhh…why don't you ask your mother since you're going. Oh! And my child would you talk to that husband of yours? I'll be glad if you can make him go." Zeus whispered to her.

"Of course." said Persephone. The goddess went to her husband. "My love won't you go to the party with us?"

"I'm sorry but no. I have lot of things to do here." answered Hades.

"But it won't be fun without you." said Persephone who was about to cry.

"Of course it will. Your mother and the other goddesses would be there. The nymphs would be there too."

"Yes but, won't you do it for me?" said the goddess with those eyes that can make anyone agree to her pleas.

When she said that, Hades lost his will and decided to give in for his wife. He sighed. "…Alright, but just this once."

"Thank you!"said Persephone happily. She kissed him on the cheek which made him blush a bit.

Zeus laughed. "Alright! That's the spirit."

He glared at his brother.

"Well, looks like my job here is done. See you tomorrow!"

"Zeus wait." He turned to Persephone. " My love, you wait here, I'll just see him outside."

She nodded. "Alright. Good-bye father."

The two gods headed for outside, and as they walked, they chatted.

Hades said "Zeus I must tell you something."

"What's troubling you?"

"A while ago, the fates called me and Clotho told me something that's been bothering me. She said that a storm was coming, and I should be careful."

"I see…anything else?" asked Zeus.

"That's it. Nothing more. I thought about it and it led me to that thought."

Zeus stared at him. "You mean…"

"Yes, but I haven't heard anything from my servants and everything is still the same around here."

"Well as long as it isn't then it must be something else. Besides, maybe the Fates are joking with you. You know those three."

"Yes, I know." said Hades who glared at the door. He opened it and they went out.

"Don't worry Hades, remember, no one escapes from that place and I was the one who locked them there." said Zeus haughtily.

"That's what troubles me."

"Relax~. Let's just think of the celebration tomorrow. I'll be seeing you, right?"

"Yes."

Zeus transformed into an eagle and flew away, leaving Hades thinking about what Zeus has said.

____________________________________________________________

Somewhere, not far from where Hades' stood, a satyr was hidden in a bush, mumbling to himself. "Must tell master….master, would be pleased…. yes."

The satyr scurried away from his hiding place and went to a cave that is not known to creatures living in here. There, he stopped at the mouth of the cave and stomped his hoof six times. He felt a slight breeze, signaling him to proceed inside.

The cave was dark and drops of water could be heard, echoing in the cave. As the satyr went deeper, he was shaking more until he stopped at a dead end. The cavern was circular and darker, and a presence of six beings can be felt. He hesitated but decided to speak up. "M-master, Agae has good news…good news to m-master."

"Well it's about time!" said Hyperion

"You said it! This place reeks! No wonder why no one visits this place." said Crius.

Cronus stood up and said "Silence! And you, speak up."

"Y-y-yes m-m-master." said Agae.

"Clearly!" shouted Cronus

"Agae will speak clearly, p-promise!" The satyr cleared his throat and tried to speak as he was told to do so. "Agae h-heard Lord of Underworld t-talk with god of sky. T-they talk about celebration t-tomorrow."

"A celebration? And I thought the creatures here should have been looking for us right now." said Iapetus.

Then all of a sudden Cronus laughed. The others were startled by this sudden outburst. "Brothers, looks like we have a get together to attend. And as for you Agae, well done."

"I'm happy that m-master is happy, but the p-promise…"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah we know, as long as we regain our throne, we'll replace Pan with you, making you god of… god of…goats." said Crius.

"Pan isn't the god of goats you imbecile." said Oceanus.

"Whatever!" said Crius.

"Cronos, what's happening tomorrow?" asked Iapetus.

Cronus said "Why, don't you know Iapetus? It's the day when my children were born, and as their father, I should be there to celebrate such a joyous occasion."

"Oh, I see where you're going here brother." said Oceanus, while grinning evilly.

The titans laughed evilly, except for Crius.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up! Your children were "born"? I thought you threw them up?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.5K 1.8K 21
|| DISCLAIMER: Book is considered a main book in "The Anak Series" there is no order of book you must read in The Anak Series || With the help of hi...
272 30 8
It's the year 2130 Ever since humanity discovered that the other planets has resources to improve earth, they mined it all away until only sand and d...
640 34 33
Let me set something straight here... Apparently, a few gods out there want me dead. Serqet, the scorpion goddess, needs my blood for some forbidden...
24.4K 286 27
Percy Jackson and his friends have faced off against many things. Titans, Giants, Gods, and lot and lots of monsters. What happens when you combine...