Zinnia [BWWM]

By AngelaTheWriter

[Bwwm] 241 in Romance It's okay to not be okay. To dive in your pain. It's alright to not be alright. To sea... More

Honor Students Society
Hacking Isn't A Big Deal
Sam
Hey Kitten Guess What
"Who Wears The Pants"
The Best Friend
Kelly
Are You Serious Kitten
Back From Shopping
Is That So
Timmy Turner
Z-Money

Get The Hell Out

2.9K 223 56
By AngelaTheWriter

I quietly unlock the front door. I open the door and look behind me. I wave at Sam and Arsen and quietly walk into the house using my crutches that was recently bought. I closed the door quietly and slowly went up the stairs. It's official. My ankle is broken. Thanks Meathead for making everything a little more difficult.

Once I got upstairs I went to my dresser, grabbed my pajamas, and went to the bathroom. I set my clothes on the counter and put my crutches on the wall. I open the shower door and turn the hot water on. I pull my hair into a bun and put my shower cap on. I stripped off my clothes and slowly got in the shower. It's very hard to take a shower with a purple boot on your foot. Sam wanted to be the first to sign it, but Arsen grabbed the sharpie first. Because of that Sam ignored Arsen the whole car ride to my mother's house.

My mother. What would she think when she sees my boot and crutches? Would she yell, curse, threaten me? I sigh and start to wash myself off. After about 15 minutes I get out. I change into a black tank top, red sweatpants, and one sock for my cold foot. I pull my shower cap off, and grab my crutches.

I go back downstairs to where my backpack is. Arsen brought it with us when we went to the nurse and hospital.

I open my backpack and take out the chick-Fil-a I got earlier today. I quickly got the chicken sandwich out of the wrapping and took a bite. I moan from that tastiness. I finished the sandwich and hid the wrapping in my backpack.

I grab my backpack and crutches and walk back to my room. I stop when the front door unlocks.

She's home.

The front door opens and she walks in. She puts her purse on the bench by the door. She drops her keys in a bowl on the bench, and fixes her hair in the mirror. She slowly turns her head. We stare directly at each other. The tension is thick. Her face hardens and her eyes look at me in fury. Then she looks at my boot.

She stomps her way to me and snatches my crutches away. She opens the front for and throws them out. Then she grabs me by my hair and throws me out of the house.

"GET THE HELL OUT," she screeches.

After that she grabs my backpack and throws it next to me, and slams the door.

I'm not surprised by this. The woman clearly isn't able to handle anything maturely and her first reactions are to leave or kick someone out. I pick up my crutches and my backpack and make my way to the park. It's usually a 5 minute walk, but it's longer since I have to carry my backpack and I have a boot. Once I arrived I sit on the bench. I'm so sick of being in this wretched town. I keep telling myself, "just this school year", but it's getting harder and harder. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt a water drop land on my hand.

"Excuse me. Excuse me," a voice says. I look up. There's a cute little boy about 3 or 4 years old with blondish hair.

"Why you crying?," he asks.

"I'm not crying," I say wiping my face.

"Mommy says if you tell a story your nose is gonna grow like Pinocchio," the boy says.

"Your mommy's right," I tell him.

"Where your jacket", he asks.

It's fall here and it's starting to get cold.

"I left it at home," I replied.

"What happened to your leg," he asks.

Why so many questions?

"I got hurt," I say.

"You got a boo boo," he says.

"Yes I got a boo boo," I say.

He bends down and kisses my boot.

"There all better,'' he says.

"Yes all better,'' I smile.

"I be right back," he says running off.

I sigh and put my head in my hands. Where am I gonna sleep tonight? It can't be too far from school since I"m going to have to walk to get there.

"I back," the little boy says running back. He's dragging a lady behind him.

"Slow down Parker," the lady says giggling.

"Who's this Parker," she asks.

"This my friend Mommy. She was crying," Parker says.

"And she doesn't have a jacket and she has a boo boo," he continues.

Thanks Parker for putting my business out there.

"What's your name darling," the lady says to me.

"Zinnia"

"Zinnia, where's your house I can drive you home if you want," she asks.

"You don't have to do that. Thank you for the offer."

"It wouldn't be a problem to take you. Don't worry about it sweetheart."

"I can't go back home," I responded.

"Oh," she says.

"Well why don't you stay at my house. We have plenty of rooms," she continues with a smile.

Stranger danger. I don't think so.

"Um that's not necessary," she says.

"It's fine. Come on we're going to the house," she says grabbing my crutches.

"Parker sweetie, go pick up her backpack," she says holding her hand out for me to grab.

"M'kay," Parker says, grabbing my backpack. I grab her hand and she helps me up. We all walk to her car. She opens the trunk and puts my crutches in there. Then she opens the passenger side door and helps me in. After that she helps Parker in his booster seat, and she gets into the car and drives to her house.

"It's gonna be like a sleepover Zin Zin," Parker says excitedly.

I just nod. What's up with the nicknames today?

"Let me call my sister so she can put sheets on your bed. I would call my husband, but he would just mess it up. Men I tell you," she says.

She called her sister and once the call was over 10 minutes later she pulled into the driveway.

"We're here," she announces. She gets out of the car and unlocks the truck and grabs my crutches. Then she got Parker out of his booster seat, and helped me get out of the car.

"Time for you to meet the family," she says smiling. She unlocks the door and helps me get in. She helps me into the kitchen. The house is enormous and gorgeous. In the kitchen there's a marble island, brown cabinets, a huge fridge, and double decker ovens. I sit on one of the bar stools by the island.

"Zin Zin you wanna see my cars," Parker asks.

"Sure," I say.

"Yay. I be back," he says, running out of the kitchen.

"Let me get the rest of the family so you can meet everyone. Oh and I'm Julianne," Parker's mom says.

I nod my head.

"Rob, Dommy, Arsie, Kat, and Parkie come to the kitchen please", Julianne shouts.

A tall man with dark brown hair and a beard and mustache comes down. Then Parker came down with his cars. After Parker was another little kid with blonde hair and blue eyes came down. After the kid was

KATHY?!

"Kathy you live here," I questioned.

"Yeah what are you doing here Zinnia", she asks, picking the little boy up and placing him on her hip.

"Zinnia will be staying with us for a bit," Julianne says.

"Zinnia this is my husband Robert," she says, grabbing on to the dark haired man's waist pulling him in for a hug.

"You already know Parker and my sister Kathy. Next to Kathy is her son Dominic. Wait a minute, where's Arsie," Julianne says.

"That boy is never on time," Kathy mutters.

Julianne called Arsie again. Seconds later you can hear footsteps.

"Well hello there, Kitten."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 115 21
When Summer makes a bet with his best friend to remain romance free for the summer it seems easy to him. He has rarely dated or had much interest in...
66 0 13
Sometimes all it takes are just few words to change everything...but seldom are we able to speak the right word at the right moment... Meet Two peopl...
214K 7.8K 32
"You gave me the feeling, of feeling complete, and I lost my heart, in a heartbeat." - Akanksha Gulia
72K 3.2K 24
"You're not okay, are you?" "No"