I Know You, Lou // l.s.

By aussie_direction

❝But... I know you, Lou.❞ ❝You don't know anything about me.❞ More

Description
0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38
39.
40.

23.

12.6K 681 755
By aussie_direction

Both Harry and Louis fell asleep during the film that night, arms around each other as Harry let his head rest on Louis' shoulder.

They slept peacefully, wrapped around each other, and when Harry woke, he thought he hadn't slept that well since the days when they used to fall asleep together in their pillow forts they'd build in the living room.

Harry woke first, letting out a long breath as he scrunched his eyes closed, and felt Louis' strong hand on his back.

He was lying on his side, body pressed up against the older boy's, who held him in a tight embrace, Harry's head still resting on Louis' shoulder, the same way it had been all the way through the movie.

His eyes soon fluttered open, and he squirmed a little, accidentally nuzzling his face against Louis' shoulder and inadvertently waking him up in the process.

"Mmm," Louis grumbled a little, making Harry pause as he waited. "M'morning, Haz."

Harry let out the breath he was holding when he felt Louis' hand press into the small of his back again, and his thumb gently stroke the skin where his shirt had risen up.

"Morning, Lou." Harry answered with a smile, slowly letting his hand reach out to touch Louis' side, holding his shirt in a small fist, only wanting to never let go.

"Niall comes back today." Harry commented, his lips moving against Louis' t-shirt on his shoulder. "Liam too."

"Yeah," Louis breathed, his other arm draped over his eyes as he whispered in the early morning light. "I think Li was going to text when he was on his way or something. Pass me my phone?"

So Harry rolled away for a second, grabbed Louis' phone from the side table and rolled back, handing it to him.

"Thanks, Curly." Louis whispered, gently kissing Harry's forehead as he took it from him, leaving Harry astounded.

He hadn't done anything like that in a very long time.

Harry looked up at Louis' face as he typed something, waited for a moment, presumably for a response, and then typed something again, before locking his phone and looking down at Harry with a smile.

"Looks like we've got plans." He grinned, and Harry couldn't help but smile back.

"What?" Harry asked.

"Lunch with the guys, we're meeting them at the diner in about an hour." Louis answered. "Will Niall be back by then?"

So Harry turned to get his own phone, and saw a message from the blonde.

"Speak of the devil." He muttered as he read what Niall had said. "He's flown in a few hours ago. So yeah, he should be b-back here any moment."

When Harry stuttered, he felt Louis' arm tense around him, and his thumb stroke his back again, obviously trying to calm him. It was so embarrassing, Harry thought, to have a stutter like that. He hated it, and he hated how vulnerable it made him seem.

"We should get ready then, yeah?" Louis asked softly, trying his hardest to make the boy feel safe.

"Yeah." Harry answered, but neither of them made any indication of moving, simply looking into each other's eyes as they laid there. Louis looked so beautiful, he thought, getting lost in his baby blues.

"Haz?" Louis asked, making Harry snap out of his daze.

"R-Right." He whispered, looking down before pushing himself up on the bed and sitting up, turning his back to Louis so he could place his feet on the floor.

He ran a hand through his hair, nervously biting his bottom lip and was about to stand up, when he felt Louis move behind him.

The older boy was kneeling on his knees behind him, his arms wrapped around Harry's neck as he hugged him.

"I had fun yesterday." He murmured. "Thanks, H."

"Me too." Harry answered, patting Louis hands before Louis let go of him completely and stood up.

"I'll see you at the diner, yeah?" Louis grinned, moving towards the door to put his shoes on.

"Yeah, okay." Harry nodded, standing up and opening his arms. "Hug?"

So Louis dropped what he was doing and rushed into Harry's arms, hugging him tightly before letting him go and finally leaving them room.

.

"What's up, losers!"

Harry's head flicked around to see Niall strolling towards them. Harry and Liam were sitting in their usual booth at the diner, waiting for the others to arrive, and of course, Niall announced himself without a care in the world.

Harry smiled as Niall slid into the seat beside him and clapped his shoulder.

"Hey, Ni." He said with a smile as they other boys greeted him too.

"Have a nice trip?" Liam asked, and he nodded.

"Yeah, it was great to see the family again," The blonde boy answered. "You?"

"Yeah, good to see my sisters again." Liam smiled. "Missed them all."

"Same." Harry piped up. "I missed mum, was nice to catch up."

And the conversation continued like that, just the three of them talking and catching up after their 2-week break. The whole time, Harry was sneaking glances at the door wondering where Louis was and why he was running so late.

They had been there for half an hour before Harley came over to their table, notepad in her hand as she smiled.

"Hi boys." She chirped, smiling at all of them before her gaze lingered on Niall. "Can I get you anything?"

"Um, we're still waiting for Louis," Liam told her, looking at Harry briefly before offering her a smile.

"Okay," She said with a nod. "I'll come back when he's here."

She smiled at Niall again, before leaving the table, and Niall staring after her.

"Ni?" Harry coughed, snapping the blonde back to earth.

"Yeah?" He asked, while the other two started laughing.

"Has anything happened between you two yet?" Liam asked. "Or are you still pining?"

"Shut up." He muttered. "I could say the same to you. How's Soph?"

"Oooo." Harry laughed. "Burn."

"Shut your face, Styles." Liam retorted. "How's Louis, hey?"

"Damn," Niall chuckled. "Speaking of, where is he?"

"I don't know." Harry mumbled. "I was w-with him earlier, b-but he said he would m-meet us here."

"Oh-"

Niall was about to answer, but was cut off by exactly the person Harry wanted to see.

"Hi, lads!" Louis chirped, strolling over to them with a huge grin, before sliding into the seat next to Liam. Harry beamed when he saw him, willing the boy to look his way, but he didn't.

"Hey, Louis." Liam said, hugging him briefly before Harley came back over to the table to interrupt.

"Lou!" She cheered, giving him a tight hug as well, before pulling out her notepad again. "Drinks?"

"Yeah," Louis clapped his hands together. "Coke, lads?"

They all nodded, before Harley quickly wrote it down said she'd be right back, leaving just the boys.

"So!" Louis clapped his hands together again. "How are we all!"

"Good." Niall answered. "Had a nice break. Don't really want to go to class again, to be honest."

"Same." Liam groaned. "I start tomorrow morning, anyone else?"

"I do." Harry piped up. "Not until 10 though."

"Seems I'm the only lucky one who has tomorrow off then." Louis laughed, stopping when Harley came back with their drinks.

"How' Harls then, Niall?" Louis winked at him making the other boy nervously laugh.

"Great." He answered. "We're going out tonight, actually."

"Ooo, treat her well, yeah?" Louis added. "She's a good gal."

"Yeah, I know." Niall answered, stealing a glance at her as she served another table.

And the rest of the conversation continued similarly, with just the four of them laughing and joking, like no time had passed since they'd last hung out.

The whole time, Harry was a little quiet. Louis was acting like he barely existed, joking with Liam and laughing at Niall, but not really acknowledging him.

He didn't want to be jealous, but he couldn't help it. Just a few hours ago, Louis was cuddling him and kissing his head, and now he wasn't even looking at him.

Harry had zoned out, and was only brought back to reality when he heard his name.

"Hi Harry."

Harry looked up, and turned a light shade of pink when he saw Ed standing at the end of their table, smiling at him.

"H-Hi," He stuttered.

"Um, I just wanted to ask you something." He said. "Do you have a moment?"
"Anything you want to ask Harry, you can say in front of us." Louis grinned. "Isn't that right, Haz?"

Harry nervously nodded, as Ed cleared his throat.

"Okay then," He continued, taking a deep breath. "I know I asked you yesterday, and you said you had plans, so I was wondering whether or not you were going to that party tonight? We could get food before if you wanted, maybe hang out a little while we're there?"

"Uh," Harry drawled, and his first reaction was to look at Louis, who's smile had faded.

Louis rose an eyebrow at the ginger man, staring at him like he wanted to murder the poor fellow, but the older lad was completely unaware, Ed only looking at Harry for an answer.

All things considered, Harry kind of wanted to say yes, but Louis was getting pouty, which meant that he would get clingy and Harry really would have rathered a great night with a clingy Louis than an average night with an awkward Ed.

"Um," Harry started again. "I'm actually already going to-to-tonight, uh, w-with someone."

Louis smiled at that, and let his foot bump Harry's under the table.

"Maybe, uh, t-text me and we can hang out, um, s-some other time?" Harry asked, and Ed smiled, before saying his goodbyes.

"Really?" Liam asked when he was gone, obviously seeing through the bullshit as he stared back accusingly.

"Yeah." Louis interrupted, trying to save Harry from explaining. "We're going to that party tonight. You guys coming?"

"Sure." Niall nodded. "I think Harley and I were planning on going after our dinner."

"Sure, why not." Liam added, keeping an eye on Harry as the younger boy shamelessly grinned at Louis.

He was worried for his friend, but at the same time, he loved seeing him that happy, and he didn't want to ruin it by telling him that Louis was no good for him. So he kept his mouth shut. Harry would probably learn it for himself anyway.

.

.

.

in case you hadn't noticed, i enjoy parties :)

thoughts?

feelings?

yay amas im so proud xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 197 5
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀᴍᴀᴢᴏɴ ᴀs ᴋɪɴᴅʟᴇ ᴏʀ ᴘᴀᴘᴇʀʙᴀᴄᴋ [ 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘪𝘰 ] In a world where everyone is trying to survive, a healer and...
92.1K 1K 16
Exactly what the title says!!
214K 12K 15
[Complete] Harry is a sassy bitch with a lot of problems. Louis tries to tame him.
1.4M 61.9K 23
"But we all know I can make anyone fall in love with me." "Anyone huh?" Louis nodded. "Well let's make this interesting with a bet. I bet you that I...