Stay Omega Stay (Book #3)

sunshine919 által

After finally making it back home, things have seemed to take a drastic and heartbreaking path for Penelope... Több

Stay Omega Stay
(1) Stay Omega Stay
(2) Stay Omega Stay
(3) Stay Omega Stay
(4) Stay Omega Stay
(5) Stay Omega Stay
(6) Stay Omega Stay
(7) Stay Omega Stay
(8) Stay Omega Stay
(9) Stay Omega Stay
(10) Stay Omega Stay
(11) Stay Omega Stay
(12) Stay Omega Stay
(13) Stay Omega Stay
(14) Stay Omega Stay
(15) Stay Omega Stay
(17) Stay Omega Stay
(18) Stay Omega Stay
(19) Stay Omega Stay
(20) Stay Omega Stay
(21) Stay Omega Stay
(22) Stay Omega Stay
(23) Stay Omega Stay
(24) Stay Omega Stay
(25) Stay Omega Stay
(26) Stay Omega Stay
(27) Stay Omega Stay
(28) Stay Omega Stay
(29) Stay Omega Stay
(30) Stay Omega Stay
(31) Stay Omega Stay
(32) Stay Omega Stay
(33) Stay Omega Stay
(34) Stay Omega Stay
(35) Stay Omega Stay
Epilogue
New Book!

(16) Stay Omega Stay

2.7K 159 19
sunshine919 által

Chapter 16.

The exact moment London threw her arms around Clayton, he immediately snatched her into a passionate kiss. I looked away, a blush forming on my cheeks. It was too intimate for me to look but I needed to to see my brother. He's been in a coma ever since I got here, the least I could do is really see him for the first time.

When they pulled away, I watched as my brother gave a huge grin towards his grandparents who each gave him a satisfactory hug. My parents were next, my mother weeping as she held him close to her chest. She kissed his blonde hair, her fingers exploring every inch of him to make sure he was really there and alive.

Then suddenly it all became quiet, and it was like the parting of the Red Sea. Everyone turned to look at me as my violet eyes locked onto his golden ones. He was sitting up in the bed now, clearly showing her had enough of laying down. I looked at each of my family members before slowly approaching him.

Clayton moved his hand and patted the seat next to him where I sat facing him. He stuck his hand out, almost in a mocking way before speaking. "I'm Clayton, and you must be my beautiful sister Penelope."

I grinned at him cheekily before tossing myself into his arms. He was alive and talking. He wasn't laying practically dead in a hospital bed anymore. He was here which means I beat the sacrifice. Clayton wouldn't die, and I made sure of that. I'm home, and nothing else will ever matter more to me than family.

After releasing from our hug, my brother brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to met you."

"I've wanted to meet the famous Clayton." I teased, somehow it coming naturally to me. "My idiotic brother who nearly got himself killed trying to find me."

"You're here aren't you?" He clarified, flicking my nose with his pointer finger before looking around the room. His eyes widened immensely, them looking just over my left shoulder. "You."

"You seem thrilled to see me, Clayton." Lilura rolled her eyes at him, her arms crossed tightly at her chest. "Believe me, I would be anywhere but here if it didn't mean I just helped save your life.

"I thought you'd never change." He shook his head at her. "You're always one to play games."

"Well," Lilura blushed slightly, her tan skin turning a dark shade of red. "Someone changed my mind of wolves, and I've chosen the winning side."

"What do you mean the winning side?" His eyebrows creased in wonder and concern.

"Oh brother you've missed a lot these past two months." Rylan chuckled nearly cutting off the circulation to his head he was hugging him so tightly.

Clayton viewed his very pregnant looking mate. "Oh believe me, I've realized that."

«»

"Everyone's nearly back from their assignment Penelope." Rylan spoke as he rested back in the armchair he was sitting in. "They no doubt will be thrilled once they see Clayton back from the dead."

We all rolled our eyes at his bad joke, Lucian raising an eyebrow at him before gripping my hand gently. The love-seat we were seated in made me feel squished as he got more comfortable, his concern for me easily seen. I gave him a small smile before kissing his cheek gently.

"Dear Moon Goddess, I can't believe my sister got paired up with you." Clayton groaned resting his body against the burning fireplace.

"Don't be stupid and burn yourself." Rylan teased nudging his foot into Clayton's hip roughly.

London snarled at him, her possessiveness as clear as day. "Don't be stupid and hurt him."

"And the true witch is back." Rylan grumbled. "I thought it was too good to be true when you started acting nice. I liked you better before he woke up."

"Children." My mother scolded, raising an eyebrow at each of us. All of us bowed our heads in submission, the mother wolf strongly showing her dominance over us.

Family members slowly started trickling in. Lucian stood up to give his sister and parents a hug when they approached a sigh of relief escaping him. Since they returned back to his pack for warriors, being an Alpha made him antsy. I knew he wanted to return, but I couldn't leave my family. Not only that, but this war was directed mainly at this pack and there was no way I was leaving it.

Paige, Adam, and Shaw came next, a look of exhaustion written on their features. It wasn't easy trying to negotiate alliances, especially for the to join a war so suddenly. Pack wars occurred often, but it was never something related to witches. Paige seemed good with words which is why it was a good idea to send her to the highest ranked packs in the country, along with Adam of course. Whoever they got to join us was all we would have until we hunted down Ayana. Shaw most likely took on the younger Alpha's who were more than willing to show off the strength of their pack. When Shaw walked in, he sent a wink in Jackie's direction who blushed incredibly.

Fia and Sal came in carrying heavy looking books, beads of sweat forming on their foreheads. My mother scowled at her parents, a judgmental look crossing her face. I sighed, hoping one day they would be able to forgive the other. Both of them carried a lot of regret on their shoulders, and since my mom was ignoring them it would only grow.

"Celia." Fia nodded at her daughter before looking at my dad. "Cooper." Her eyes cast downwards before signalling Sal to follow her towards the corner of the room.

Kory was last, a grin on his face as his eyes locked with Rylans. I smiled, watching as my calm and collected brother came barreling towards his mate. They hugged each other, Rylan slyly slipping in a kiss to the Alpha's lips. I turned to look away, and my eyes immediately locked onto Clayton's.

We had explained to him the largest details that he had missed, and somehow Rylan's mate wasn't mentioned. None of us could bring ourselves to mention Oliver and Lilura, since it was already a fragile thing to mention to both of them. All that Clayton knew was how I escaped, who helped me, and why Ayana was after us. We also filled him in on Malcolm and Savannah's case, and why everyone was missing when he woke up.

"I can tell everyone's happy to see me." Clayton joked causing the entire room to become quiet.

Everyone looked at my brother, all of them not believing their eyes. None of us had time to tell them why they needed to meet us in the sitting room, and why they had to cut their expeditions abruptly. Paige squealed, trying to run towards her nephew, but Adam's arm grabbed it tightly. His eyes directed it's way towards her enlarged tummy, the concern for his unborn child clear.

"Are you sure I've been out for two months." Clayton whispered towards me, but his voice was loudly echoed throughout the room. "These two women look like they're ready to pop." He pointed his pointer and middle finger to London and Paige who were standing next to each other.

Paige scoffed. "Just when I thought his near death experience would change his snarky attitude."

"Wait a second." Shaw spoke up looking around the room. "Where's Aunt Sage?"

I looked around the room, my heart stopping as I couldn't find her. Oliver was beside Lilura, his hand holding hers protectively. Kory was beside my brother Rylan and London was rested close to Clayton. My grandparents Emilia and Patrick were wrapped in each others arms as was the rest of the mates in the room. Warner and Malcolm were standing off to the side clearly confused. However, there was no Sage.

"She's missing." My mother gasped looking at my dad as his jaw ticked.

"Find her, she was just here a moment ago." He spoke through clenched teeth, his fists turning white has he tightened them.

"She wasn't here when I woke up dad." Clayton said, moving across the room to stand in front of him.

I began walking towards the back door of the house, grabbing Lucian's hand as I passed him. After everyone realized what I was doing, they began following me out. I was the first on who shifted into my wolf, Lucian following soon after. I turned to see London grabbing Clayton's hand, her head shaking at him. He was still healing from his coma, he couldn't go. He looked desperately at me, but I only shook my head and followed after my father, who was clearly a man on a mission.

My mom ran along side me, her small black wolf resembling a puppy dog. She looked at me with determination before pushing herself further. Lucian remained beside me, his wolf head looking for any danger that I wouldn't see. He was larger than me by a lot, so my entire right front was covered by his gigantic body.

Paige passed me, her head in the air as she sniffed out her sister's scent. Since my dad and Paige grew up with Sage, they knew her scent by heart. All we needed to do was find the smallest trace of her and track her down.

She wouldn't leave, not willingly without telling us, and judging by everyone's faces she hadn't informed anyone. That wasn't a good sign, and the worst case scenario is that Ayana had taken her for more leverage. I wouldn't lose someone I cared about. It was hard enough finding Savannah, who no one knew very well, and tracking her down. Hopefully, Sage won't be that hard.

Sheila, my great-aunt, passed me, a sack of medical supplies on her back. I pushed myself harder as I realized that I was slowing us down. Rylan was hot on my tail, nipping the bottom of my feet in hopes of me going faster. Everyone knew Sage ran fast, and if she ran on her own, we needed to push ourselves.

My dad came to a sudden halt, his front paws tossing dirt as he fought to control his speed. Everyone did the same, Lucian grabbing onto the back of my neck with his teeth to slow me further. Our breaths came in short pants, it easily seen through the winter air. My tongue feel out, my body aching as I adjusted to the slow speed of trotting.

My dad shoved his nose in the snow before his body went tense and his ears perked up. Everyone did the same, and as I listened, soon I did too. The woods were too quiet, not a deer or bird could be heard. We all formed a circle, our heads facing all directions so none of us were caught off guard.

A clap was heard, and I turned my head in the direction. Another was head behind me where my dad was facing, and he snarled loudly. The claps continued until it was a chorus of applause. I dug my claws into the wet snow, my wolf suddenly realizing that this was a trick being played on us. Someone was mocking us, and I had a good guess on who it was.

A flash was seen, before the woods was suddenly filled with silhouette's, at least two dozen of them. Cloaks covered their bodies, and soon, they all began chanting something. I looked around with wide eyes, not recognizing the foreign tongue. Whimpering, I nudged into Lucian's side, fear of the unknown overwhelming me.

It was as if a magician had done a magic trick. The kind of trick where he places a cloth over a space and lifts it up to reveal a white bunny. However there was no cloth, and they certainly were not white bunnies when they appeared.

"God my head hurts." My eyes widened when I noticed Savannah and Sage tied back to back on the floor with silver chains. Their feet were chained together and their wrists were bound tightly.

"Oh shut up, you've been whining all day." Sage barked, shaking her head violently. "Now I'm nursing my own headache."

Ayana appeared beside them, her hood the only one down and her foggy eyes staring straight at me. Even as a blind witch I think she knew she was looking directly at me. Her chocolate skin on her face glistened in the winter sun, which felt unnatural to watch. In my mind, she had always been the kind of person to stay inside and loathe being outside.

"Let's sort this out like mere people and talk this out." Ayana spoke, her voice raspy with age. She nodded her head, and a few of the cloaked figures approached us with clothes. "I think we can come to an agreement."

Sage and Savannah turned at her words, finally realizing where they were. "Celia, Cooper, get everyone out of here!" Sage shouted.

My dad shifted first, my eyes averting to anywhere but him as he snatched the clothes from a witches grasps and tugged them on. My mom did the same, pulling on the flowing white sundress another witch had handed out. I refused to shift just like the rest of us, and instead decided to watch intently.

"Are you deaf?" Sage snarled, tugging on the chains that were beginning to burn her. "Run! Leave and never look back."

"Shut up." Ayana mumbled, flicking her wrist. Immediately, Sage stopped arguing, but the look on her face proved she was furious.

"This had nothing to do with either of them." My dad spoke calmly, his fists clenched together as he glared at the elderly witch. "You've done enough to this family, and I suggest you quit your little game before you get yourself killed."

"Dying isn't what I'm afraid of." Ayana let out a bark of laughter. "Everyone's done with wolves such as yourselves. I plan on making your kind extinct. With no Moon Goddess, there will be no mates and your population will decrease since dominant wolves seek dominant wolves. Once there is only a few wolves left, it won't be difficult to dispose of them."

My mom turned to look at me, now clearly understanding why Ayana had taken me. It wasn't out of a random deal, this was on purpose. It had been like a game of chess, and Ayana had set herself up for a check mate right when the game started. We were all just pieces, and each loss would be her own victory.

"Starting with these two." Ayana looked behind her, though I couldn't figure out if she was actually seeing them. "The friends of our dearest Moon Goddess-to-be should be the first of the bloodshed. Maybe I'll kill her mate next."

Everyone, including myself launched at her. All I saw was red as I ran towards her, Lucian yelling into our link to stop. She needed to die, a slow and painful death. Everything she's ever done to me, she deserves to feel. She deserves to die in this clearing alone with no one who loves her. Ayana will no doubt rot in hell.

I was flung to the side by a strong force which I knew well enough that it was magic. Crashing into a tree, I whimpered as I felt my bones shake. Lucian was at my side in the blink of an eye, his tongue whipping out to lick my cheek. He whined, not liking that I was in pain.

Fighting broke out, my parents shifting back as a few charged at them. My dad protecting my mom, and not allowing them to get anywhere close to her. More witches appeared form behind trees, chanting or shouting as they attacked my family and friends. I was going straight at Ayana, everyone too busy to try and attack her.

Sheila had shifted and was unlatching the bounds around Savannah and Sage. Oliver surrounded them, his body circling around Lilura in a protective way as she worked on helping my great-aunt. Kory and Rylan worked side-by-side, facing each others backs so neither of them were caught off guard. It was a good strategy until they were outnumbered.

More and more witches came toward us, too many for me to count. Ayana was laughing her eyes directing their way to Savannah and Sage before she lifted her hands. She chanted something, they chains holding them suddenly evaporating. Both of them looked at each other before they scurried away, their bodies to weak to shift on their own. Oliver grabbed Lilura with his teeth, tossing her gently onto his back and running off. Kory grabbed Rylan and tugged him away from the witches as they go more and more violent.

My parents ran over to Sage, flanking her as she limped away. I did the same, trotting besides Savannah as she limped away. Lucian was snarling at all the witches, dodging their attacks as they sent one after the other. A bolt of lightning hit a tree nearby causing it to fall right near Sage. My mom moved out of the way just in time to avoid getting hit.

"I've had enough of this!" Ayana shouted, the witches suddenly appearing so it was just us against her.

In the blink of an eye Lucian and I had been catapulted through the air. Instead of hitting the ground, Lucian switched us so he had taken the fall, whimpering as his back collided with a tree. He shook his head, as we both stood, recovering from the violent hurdle.

When we looked up, my eyes widened. "No!"

It was too late. Ayana had transported herself behind Savannah, a knife in her hand. Without Savannah even realizing what was happening, Ayana brought the knife to my friends throat. I screamed as blood oozed out of her neck when she whipped it across.

Savannah's mouth opened wide in surprise, a gurgling coming from her mouth as she brought her hand to her throat. Tears ran down my cheek, making me suddenly realize that I had shifting without knowing. It was as if in slow motion that Savannah collapsed to her knees, her eyes wide with fear of dying.

Ayana laughed disgustedly before spitting on Savannah's corpse. She turned to look at Sage, knocking my parents away as she approached her. My heart stopped, but for some odd reason, I couldn't move. My tears spilled down as I look at Savannah's bloodied body. I could hardly stand looking at it.

"Why can't I move?" Sage spoke softly, tears filling her eyes as she realized what was about to happen. "No. Please no, don't do this to me."

I sobbed harder as Ayana plunged the same knife she had used to kill my friend into my aunts stomach. She twisted it tightly before lifting her hand up, The tears Sage had running down her face had suddenly turned red and she cried out in pain. Sage collapsed to the ground, her hand grabbed her bleeding stomach as she sobbed.

"Let this be a lesson to all of you." Ayana spoke calmly above all the crying. "The Moon Goddess will not take the place she is supposed to. If she knew better, she would not let her family die."

Ayana disappeared, and soon all the noises of the forest could be heard again. Everyone could move, indicating she had put a spell on us to prevent us from moving as she killed the two people I cared so much about. Everyone ran towards to two limp bodies in the center of the clearing.

Oliver and Kory collapsed near Savannah's corpse, tears filling their eyes as they looked at their longest friend. "No." Oliver whimpered, his voice raspy and broken.

"Sage." My mom whispered, kneeling beside her as she brushed her straight blond hair.

I ran towards my aunt, gripping her hand as she slowly died in front of me. She was still alive, but barely. There was nothing we could to though. Whatever Ayana had done to her, the blood running down from her eyes were continuing. My dad sat beside her, tears filling his eyes as he put pressure on his sister's bleeding stomach.

"Come on Sage please." My dad cried, tears running down his cheeks as he applied more pressure. "You are not leaving like this, you're not. Do you understand me?"

"Oh my selfish big brother." Sage rasped, her breath shaky as she spoke. "I'm going to really miss you."

"You're not dying Sage." He shook his head at her. "Life won't be the same without you."

He held her, his arms wrapping around her fading life as he cried. My mom was crying, her hand covering her mouth as she tried to muffle the sobs. Sage was like a sister to all of us. She had been so outgoing, and positive. Losing her will damage us immensely.

I sat down, grabbing her hand tightly. Sage looked at me, her lip trembling as her aquamarine eyes gazed at me. She was shaking everywhere and I knew immediately what that meant. She was scared, scared of dying.

"Let me show you something." Sage closed her eyes, taking in deep breaths as she thought of something. "I overheard you telling Lilura you can see memories, let me show you something."

"Come on Lilura do something!" Oliver shouted, and I turned around to see Lilura trying to heal the wound in Savannah's neck. My eyes widened when I heard her hear still beating.

I ran over to her, grabbing her hand as I tried to shake off what Sage had showed me. Savannah blinked at me, the would slowly healing as Lilura tried to concentrate. "I can't do this, I can only keep her alive for another minute."

"That's all I need." I mumbled, watching as Savannah trembled underneath her friends arms.

"I'm sorry." Savannah spoke softly, tears falling down her cheeks as she looked at me. "I messed everything up for you."

I shook my head at her. "No you didn't." I sniffed. "You did everything right, I'm the one who should be sorry."

Tears poured out of Savannah's eyes as she looked over my shoulder. "I see him."

"What?" I asked, a sob escaping my lips. "Who?"

She didn't answer me, just stared at something over my shoulder. I turned, my eyes widening when I saw Logan looking down at her with sad eyes. His golden eyes sparkled with tears as he watched her suffer, the blood slowly pouring out of her throat as Lilura's magic began to weaken. She cried out in pain, Logan wincing as she did so.

"I see him." Savannah whispered again. "Penelope, look, I see him."

Logan reached his hand to stroke her cheek, and my eyes widened when she leaned into his touch. The dead can't interact with the living, though Logan seems to be able to do it well. Perhaps people who are dying can easily interact with the dead. People who were nearly dead sometimes spoke of seeing an angel before they became alive miraculously.

"You're even more handsome than I imagined." Savannah mumbled, her hand coming to touch his. "But I don't want to die."

"I know, my love." Logan spoke, his eyes shining with sadness. "I know." 

"Does it hurt?" Savannah asked, and I soon realized that she wasn't talking to me anymore.

"Only a little longer, my love." Logan spoke softly, stoking her cheek affectionately. "I promise it doesn't hurt to let go."

______________________________________________________*(A/N)* 

And let the tears begin...or end...

You guys can strangle me later, I won't hold it against you. Sage was always my favorite character, and to let her go has made me so upset. Watching her grow from being four in the first story to about twenty-three in this one has made me so heartbroken. 

We'll see more about Sage's death in the next chapter, since we had a weird (and intentional) time gap about what Sage wanted to show her. 

11/22 will always be the day to remember our beloved Sage and Savannah. 

Speaking of Savannah...her death made me basically sob right at the end. 

VOTE/ COMMENT/ SHARE / FAN

Xox

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

515 108 14
Serina wakes up from a coma and doesn't remember anything of her life. Jasper, her lovely husband, takes them back to their quiet home out of the cit...
791 18 4
Giorgio Vincenzo Lazzaro He's the Alpha of Luna d'argento pack. He's 24 and he's completely given up on the ideas of mates because an Alpha usually m...
243K 11K 59
**COMPLETED** ( Book 2, can be read as stand alone. )Conceived from a brutal rape, Betsi was hidden from the true world she belonged to. Her father...
2.6M 108K 48
SECOND BOOK OF THE WEREWOLF PRINCESS SERIES! (Sequel to A Rejected Princess) I suggest reading that book first or you will be very confused! ________...