Fooling Ourselves

By Kelly_Al

It was simple. He was my brother's ex-bestfriend and now enemy. I was supposed to stay away from him. I was s... More

Prologue: How It Happened...
How We Had Our First Encounter
How I Lost An Admirer
How He Ended What Didn't Start
How Bryan Got Attacked Twice
How I Spent My Birthday
How My First Date Got Ruined
How The Bad Boy Made Me Feel Safe...
How I Met His Siblings
How He Told Me Off...
How We Ditched
How Things Went Down...
A/N
How He Came Over....
How We Left The Table...
How He Won Us Over...
How We Got Caught....
How He Lost it....
How I Met His Parents...
How We Got Closer
How They Made Up...
How We Disagreed...
How He Looked Heart-Broken....
How We Smoothed Things Over...
How it was Calm before the Storm...
How The Storm Came...
How The Truth Came Out...
How It Was At School...
How The Dinner Went...
How we Talked about my Choices
How we Danced at Prom
How Everything Changed...
How He's so Beautiful...
How we Went Our Separate Ways...
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
New Book!
Bonus Chapter: How I Knew She Was The One
Bonus Chapter (Jace + Alicia)
New Book!

How I Surprised Them

27.3K 586 277
By Kelly_Al

*4 years later* 

"Take me to him now!" I demanded as my brother collected my luggage from me. I had just returned from Harvard for good. He nodded knowing who I was referring to and led me to his car.

After I had gone off to Harvard, because Dylan refused to let me give up on that opportunity, I had tried to keep in touch with everyone. I called them often, set up video chats and made sure to see them during breaks. Dylan however, had decided to cut me off. He ignored my calls, declined my video chats and most of all, he always disappeared when I was visiting.

I thought at one point that something had happened to him but everyone assured me he was fine. Then I concluded that he was avoiding me. I refused to let him go though and so I asked Ari to keep me updated on him. Jace helped also. I found out that he was tearing up the field, as usual, and doing well in school. His parents were being good parents, surprisingly, and he didn't date girls. I knew that every now and then he had a girl in his bed and the first time I found out, it hurt.

But now I was determined to know why. He wasn't going to cut me off like I never existed, like I never meant anything to him...like we never had something. I made sure no one, but my brother, knew I was coming back today so no one would slip up and tell him anything for him to disappear. I couldn't believe he was treating me this way. After everything we've been through...

As soon as the car had stopped outside his house, I jumped out storming to the door. I entered silently at first and noticed he was sitting in a couch around a table with drinks and snacks laid out on it. He was surrounded with a couple of guys who I assumed were his friends now. Theo and Thai were there also. But then I noticed him...like really noticed him.

His hair had grown out but he still looked perfect to me. He had a cup in his hand which he drank from every now and then and he was laughing with the rest of the guys. He looked so angelic and my heart almost melted at that but then I remembered the reason I was angry at him.

I shut the door and stormed over to him, stopping just in front of him and studied his expression when he saw me. His smile fell and he looked shocked but his eyes lit up with excitement.

"Whoa, she's hot!"

"Dibs!"

I ignored his friends and climbed onto Dylan's lap smashing my lips to his. Kissing him was still magic, I noted as the sparks moved across my body. With one hand on his jaw and another in his long hair, I worked my lips against his hungrily. He placed his hands on my hips and kissed me back. My lips parted and our tongues met in a hot passionate kiss. The world stopped spinning and everyone around us melted away and it was only us again. Just like our old kisses.

I pulled away then and slapped him across his face the way I wanted to when he didn't answer my calls.

"You're mine," I stated because it was a fact. I caressed his cheek I had just slapped, "Say it."

"I'm yours," he agreed willingly and I pecked his lips before climbing off of him.

"Then why did you do it?" I exclaimed angrily, "The calls, the video chats. The visits, why did you ignore me?!"

"Because it wasn't enough. I wasn't enough for you!" he yelled frustrated.

"I told you Dylan, that you were mine and I was yours and not even my brother nor Harvard was going to keep me away from you! What is it going to take you for you to realize that?!" I screamed at him, "I was going to stay for you! I was going to go to Oregon so we could be together but you told me to go!"

"I couldn't let you give up your dream!"

"You became my dream Dylan so technically I did!" I shouted and poked him in the chest harshly, "You said we could make this work but as soon as I leave you cut me off! You cut me off like I never mattered!"

"I'm sorry," he pleaded and pulled me to him. I buried my face in his chest and the tears came running down my cheek, "We can make this work."

"But you hurt me Dylan. Do you know how I felt when I found out you were sleeping around? It broke my heart. You broke my heart," I confessed crying and he hugged me tightly.

"Don't tell me you didn't bed any Harvard guys," he said though he sounded hopeful. I pulled away and looked into his eyes, "You didn't? I'm so sorry Skylar. I'm so stupid. I thought you'd be better off without me."

"Well I wasn't."

"I'm so sorry. None of those girls compared to you. You're all I could think about. You're all I could see. I've loved you since I was thirteen and I'm twenty two now and I can't seem to stop loving you. I don't think I'll ever stop," Dylan told me staring deep into my eyes.

"I've tried for three years straight to hate you but I can't," I confessed with a light smile.

"Promise?"

"Promise," I assured him and he kissed the corner of my lips, "But if you ever give yourself to another girl, I'm killing you with the help of Ariana."

"I missed you," Dylan grinned.

"I told you I'd find you," I smiled completely happy now, "And now I'm back for good and there is nothing you can do to make me leave you."

"Why would I?" Dylan smirked and then dirtily added, "I can't wait to have my way with you later."

"Why wait?" I teased as he kissed my neck.

"Because we are still here!" Theo yelled and I turned to him suddenly remembering our audience.

"I can get rid of them," Dylan told me seriously but I shook my head telling him no.

"Theo, Thai! I've missed you!" I exclaimed and jumped on them. They squeezed me into a twin hug.

"Ma belle, I texted you this morning and you said nothing about being in town," Thai accused.

"My flight actually landed less than three hours ago," I replied checking the time on my phone, "So if you don't mind, I've got another twin of angels to greet and a best friend to surprise and then hopefully catch some sleep."

"And here I was thinking we would hit a club later," Theo pouted.

"Careful, I might be tempted to kiss you," I teased and as expected Dylan's hand went around my waist possessively. I turned to face him, "It's great to have you back. Now where are the twins? Daniel! Dana!"

They came rushing downstairs and when they saw me their eyes grew wide and they attacked me. They were both nine now and more mature yet somehow looked the same. I hugged them, placing a kiss on both their cheeks when they pulled away. Daniel was growing to look like his brother and Dana was a beauty.

"You're back again?" Daniel asked.

"How long will you be staying this time?" Dana asked curiously.

"Well you remember how I told you I'd be back for good one day?" I replied and they nodded, "Well, the day has come. You can't get rid of me now!"

"I have my own room now. I just redecorated! Come see!" Dana exclaimed pulling my hand but Dylan stopped her.

"Hey, she's tired. She can see it tomorrow but right now, she needs some rest," Dylan said calmly and Dana nodded understandingly.

"So don't we get an introduction?" one of the guys I wasn't familiar with asked. Dylan rolled his eyes and turned to them.

"Babe this is Henry and that's David," Dylan told me pointing to the blonde who spoke first and then the brunette who had called dibs, "Guys, this is Skylar my girlfriend."

"No fair, I had dibs!" David frowned teasingly.

"I've had dibs for nine years now," Dylan grinned, "There's no way you're taking her from me."

"You're too hot for Dylan. Leave him for me," Henry joked.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, when she leaves Dylan, I'm first in line" Daniel cut in and I giggled.

"Good thing I won't be leaving him then," I smiled and took Dylan's big hands in my small one, "Come on lover boy, I've got a best friend to go see."

***

I found Ari at my house because apparently James was meeting Jace and decided to bring her with him. When I first entered, I noticed Ari was sitting on the couch facing away from the front door so her back was turned to me. James and Jace saw me but I quickly hushed them so that they would tell of my appearance. I walked up behind her and covered her eyes with my hands.

"Guess who?"

"Hmm...you smell like this girl I know named Skylar. Your hands are small and soft. You're voice automatically makes you a girl," she said and then licked my hand, "You taste like my best friend! No way!"

She jumped up then and attacked me clearly happy to see me. Her excitement made me laugh because I found it strangely welcoming. Same old Ari...

"Why do you know what I taste like?" I asked.

"I don't. I figured out who you were the moment you entered. You think I don't know my best friend? Besides I have no one else who would want to surprise me. I figured it would creep you out it I said that," she shrugged. I shook my head at her and she smiled.

"Strangely I missed you," I sighed.

"I'll take that as a compliment," she huffed pretending to be offended.

"You really shouldn't," I laughed. I threw myself out on the couch she was seated on before, "It's good to be back. Harvard was great but I missed everyone at home."

"Have you seen Dylan yet?" Ari asked winking in my direction.

"Of course I have. We're having dinner tomorrow night," I grinned at her.

"Sounds like you'll be getting some action," she smirked and sat down beside of me.

"Of course. I look forward to it."

"Noooo! I am not ready for this nor will I ever be!" Jace protested.

"Me neither man," James frowned and Ari and I laughed.

"So how are you and Alicia?" I directed at Jace and he smiled widely.

"We're great. We celebrated our four year anniversary yesterday," Jace informed me.

"He's whipped!" James teased.

"Says the guy who worships Ari," Jace rolled his eyes.

"Hey! I'm not complaining so leave James alone!" Ariana defended. I chuckled at their playful banter.

"What about Theo and Thai? I didn't get to speak to them long. I think Thai said something about being engaged-"

"He is!" Ari exclaimed suddenly, "I was so shocked when he told me but his fiancé is so nice. I can't wait for you to meet her."

"What about Theo?" I asked curiously.

"Still single. But he'll get there," Ari replied and I nodded tired, "You should really get some rest Skye, we'll talk in the morning."

"You're right," I yawned and got up from the couch. I waved to them before heading up the stairs, "Bye guys."

**************************************A/N***********************************************

Hey guys,

So my book is coming to an end as this is the last chapter and then I have an epilogue and a bonus chapter to post as well, but this journey has been a lovely one for me to share with you guys as you read about Dylan and Skylar who personally, I am in love with and sooo jealous of.

Thank you for all your support and I really hope you enjoyed this story as I enjoyed writing it. It's not over yet though as I'm making this sound like a goodbye speech. There are still two chapters for you to read as I said before but I just wanted to let you know that this is very much soon over.

Question: Who is your favorite character and why?

Don't be shy!!! Drop a comment and let me know where you're reading from!!!!

I love you guys btw!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273 0 30
"𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆. 𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅. 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒇𝒖𝒍...
122K 2.9K 55
Chase made my life a misery for years. He was a monster who bullied and tormented me on a daily basis and he was my worst enemy for a long time. Unt...
51.9K 2.1K 42
It started with something stupid and lead to a disaster. It provoked some emotions buried deep within. It headed in the direction that yell 'TROUBLE'...
485K 13.7K 101
#1 in the series || "Are you going to leave?" I asked, looking up into his eyes. "Never." He said, a tired smile spread across his face. "Don't make...