The Day

By DanielaIsTooCool

It's Hailee Windor's 18th birthday. Part of a shooting, she dies on the evening of one of the biggest days of... More

(1) The Beginning
(2) The End
(3) My Love's Arising
(4) I'm Sorry
(5) Running Away
(6) My Turn
(7) My First Kiss Went A Little Like This...
(8) Already Gone
(10) Surprise, Surprise...
(11) I Love You, 5
(12) A Poem
(13) Being Pulled Over By A Fake Policewoman
(14) Water Park Pt. 1
(15) Water Park Pt. 2
(16) Fight? All Right.
(17) You're Not Here By Accident
(18) Dawn of My Night
(19) Struck
(20) Waken
(21) Say It
(22) Shot
(23) Awakening
(24) You're on.
(25) This Is The End
(26) The Freeze
(27) In Pursuit
(28) Nothing Is Everything
(29) Grave of Yellow Roses
(30) Something To Cry For
(31) Opportunity Knocks
(32) Meeting Fall
(33) Losing It
(34) Didn't Want To Know
(35) Epilogue
(36) Author's Note.
(38) Extra Chapter: Was It A Dream?
AUTHOR'S NOTE! -- DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT LOOKING FOR INFO! THANKS! ^-^
So It's Been A While...
Sequel.
THE SEQUEL IS NOW UP!
DISCLAIMER
Shh... ;)

(9) My New Look

103K 592 78
By DanielaIsTooCool

Hi guys! :D 

Well this is a fun little chapter for y'all. :) 

Remember to VOTE 

<------------------ THAT WAY.  

THANK YOU :) 

Youre not only helping me, but yourself. :) 

And comment, like, tweet and +1!:) 

Well this chapter is dedicated to @selenaXlyraceuse because she is truly an amazing person, and she has a very good heart :D She wanted to help me, and dedicated the 8th chapter of "25 Days" (yes, while our stories are somewhat similar, they are way different (and hers is way better)) to help promote my two books! :D

If you haven't read "25 Days" I suggest you read it urgently because it is absolutely amazing! :D

well anyways, I'll shut up and let y'all read. :)  

Important rant at the end!;) 

Enjoy!:)

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 

As soon as my eyes fluttered open, I scrambled out of bed and into my bathroom, readying to take a shower. I was going to see my first boyfriend today! I had to look pretty, but effortlessly pretty. That was a hard look to achieve, but I could handle it.

I took a quick shower and ran into my room, holding a towel to myself.

I opened the door to my room, and walked over to my closet, reaching up to grab a shirt I wanted, and that's when my towel dropped.

I heard a gasp and a chuckle.

"AHHHHHH!!!" I screamed, scrambling to cover myself from the blonde boy, and the red-haired girl in my room. My whole entire body immediately flamed, and I started to feel clammy, sweating even more on top of the dewiness of my skin from the water.

"Hey Hailee," they both said simultaneously, but with completely different expressions on their faces. Meg's was of complete horror and embarrassment, and Alex's was of cocky smugness and happiness he had gotten to see his girlfriend naked.

"What are you two doing here?" I questioned urgently.

"Doing what we just did," Alex answered with a wink.

Meg shoved him hard and rolled her eyes. "No. Hailee, we came here to get you, expecting you to be ready,"she admitted, looking around. "But clearly... You werent," she finished, hanging her head in shame.

"Oh shush Meg, you know you were expecting her to be naked!" Alex said teasingly, poking her forehead.

She closed her eyes and flexed her arms. Meg remained like that for quite some time, and I was starting to get worried, but finally, she opened her eyes and landed a hard kick in Alex's shin.

"As if." she mumbled smugly, after Alex doubled over to hold his shin in pain.

I couldn't help but laugh manically at the pair. They acted like brother and sister, or a pair of 10-year-old girls arguing over a pair of Justin Bieber tickets.

"If you guys don't mind, I'm actually naked, so I'd appreciate some privacy," I declared, gesturing to my wet hair and towel.

Alex stood up with a pained look on his face. "Go ahead, I'm going to go ice this," he said with a strained voice, walking out of my room and towards the kitchen.

Meg skipped over to the door and slammed it shut forcefully. I reminded myself to never make that girl angry. She was a powerhouse.

"So about that effortlessly pretty look," she began, "I'll help you, since I'm such an expert."

Right. I had forgotten she could read minds. I sighed. She looked really prety, so I nodded and she clapped her hands in joy. I glanced at the clock and noticed it was 9:00 am. Brent was probably waiting for me to pick him up right then... Maybe I should have gone to pick him up. I pushed the thought away as I remembered I had a boyfriend, and going to go see a guy I was supposedly in love with wasn't exactly on his what's hot list.

Meg patted me on the shoulder. "Hai, I know you feel bad about Brent, but, you have to let him go, you know? It's what's best for you."

I looked to her and saw concern in her marbley-green eyes. I let out a breath and nodded. She was right, chasing after an empty love was just going to make what I'm going through more difficult.

She chuckled. "I know I am."

"Meg, you're really going to have to stop reading my mind. It's really annoying," I said quickly, wishing to not hurt her feelings.

"No, I like it. It's fun. You have very interesting thoughts." she answered as she quickly picked out a cute outfit from my closet. She walked over to my vanity and digged out a pair of undies and a bra for me.

She stopped suddenly. "Oh, and by the way, I didn't kick your boyfriend for what he said," she stated, "I kicked him for what he thought," she admitted reluctantly, handing me my clothes.

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion as I took the apparel. "And just what did he think?"

"Uh, of what happened last night."

I choked in surprise. "What? I didn't sleep with him!"

"I know, I know," Meg mumbled dryly. "He thought of what could've happened if you didn't have to go."

I snorted and crossed my arms. "Nothing would've happened. I stopped it."

"You won't ever get enough once you get a little touch," Meg said in a sing-song voice.

I shoved her. "Whatever." I said, but couldn't help a small blush from creeping its way onto my face.

I finally looked at what Meg had handed me, and my eyes widened in surprise. "This? It's so... Ugly. No offense. I bought it on a whim."

She rolled her eyes. "Rich kids. Just trust me, put it on."

My lips pursed in thought and I gave up and put on the items. Meg did a once-over on me and she smirked. She pranced over to me and twirled me around to face the mirror.

My mouth dropped slightly as I looked at the girl in the mirror. She was a boho goddess, with a long, flowy dress that didn't hide her body, but instead accentuated it with the help of a belt. She was wearing moss green booties that brought out the green in the dress.

Meg tip-toed and placed a wood bead headband on my head. I raised my eyebrows questioningly, and she patted herself on the shoulder.

"It's just a finishing touch. A present from me. Meg has done an excellent job again."

I rolled my eyes at her. Cocky much?

"I sure am," she said with a grin.

"Whatever. Hair and makeup?"

"Well your wavy hair goes well with the whole vibe. And some mascara and a touch of eyeliner will do you justice. No foundation or blush since your skin is already perfect."

"Really? I'm too pale..."

"No, you're not. If you were any tanner you'd fit in with the Jersey Shore cast."

"Don't insult Snooki and J-Wow! You take that back."

Meg gave me a flat look. "Don't tell me you actually watched that garbage."

I grinned. "Still do."

She grabbed my arm and sat me down, starting on my makeup. I thought it was funny how she didn't even answer me.

"I'm answering you now," she said with a wink.

"Shut up and stop reading my mind," I thought, staring at her. She didn't seem to hear me. I shrugged; Oh well.

"Today's going to be very fun," she began suddenly. "We have so many things planned. You've probably never done them since you only found out about the rest of us yesterday."

My lip turned down. "And what are those things?"

She smiled. "I can't tell you."

"Ugh. Okay."

She took a step back, and an evil grin creeped on her face. "Cheer up Hai! Take a look in the mirror."

I raised one of my eyebrows at her, and she just pointed behind me. I sighed and stood up, turning.

I will never be surprised enough with the magic Meg could work. She was right, I'm not pale at all, it just seemed like it because I used to line my eyes so intensely, the color was sucked put of my face. Right now, my eyelashes were so curled, they were literally touching my eyebrows. She had dusted a bit of sparkly eyeshadow on my tear duct, making my large eyes seem brighter. There was a light line of brown eyeliner around my whole eye, winging out a bit at the corners. She's an artist.

"I'm very flattered," Meg commented with a smile.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Meg strolled over to open it, and Alex limped in. He stopped short when he saw me.

"Wow, Hailee, I thought you couldn't even get any more beautiful from last night. You look... Perfect." There was a smirk on his face the entire time, and his eyes never left mine.

My cheeks colored and I looked down. "Yeah, um thanks - thank you."

"No problem, babe," he flirtingly said.

There was a moment of awkard silence, and Meg suddenly clapped her hands. My head snapped to her, and her eyes had turned into saucers.

"Aw! You guys are so cute!"

"Shut up, Meg," Alex and I hissed at the same time, and we looked at each other, both of us looking away in an instant.

"Aw! You guys have-"

Meg was cut off suddenly by Alex clapping his hands in front of her face. He stared at her sternly, and she wilted under his look.

"Geez, okay, I'll stop."

"Great. Now, Hailee, my dear, are you ready?"

I blinked. Something clicked in me. "You have a British accent?" I asked, astounded I hadn't noticed until now.

Both Meg and Alex's gave me flat looks.

Meg crossed her arms. "No shot Sherlock."

Alex shook his head. "Like I said, You. Are. So. Dense. Meg," he said, turning to her,"maybe. We. Should. Talk. Like. This. So. Hailee. Can. Understand. Us."

Meg looked like she was trying to hold laughter in. "Great. Idea."

I flamed. "Guys, stop! My dad is British, and I'm used to it, so that's why I didn't notice!"

They laughed, and Meg slapped her knee, earning a curious look from me.

"Sorry, weird habit."

I chagrined. "Yeah..."

Alex jumped up, making Meg and me jump in return.

"Girls, we are wasting way too much time. Let's go...?"

"Sure," I stated, grabbing my bag.

We made our way to Alex's car, and I stopped when I realized it was a Bentley.

"Modest now, are we?" I quoted with a grin.

Alex rolled his eyes. "Birthday present," he stated flippantly, making Meg snort.

"Like I said, Rich kids, you're the worst." She leaned on the car.

"What? I couldn't trade it in for a Bugatti," Alex commented.

"What? I could barely afford a Toyota," she said, frustrated.

"It's not really our fault, Meg," I said soothingly.

"Says Ms. $10,000 dress!"

My mouth dropped. "It was pretty!"

"Look! Seriously! We have to stop fighting!" Alex exclaimed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Weird. I thought only guys in books did that.

"Fine, let's go," Meg ordered.

We climbed into his car, Meg taking the backseat.

Alex turned to look at me. "So Hailee, who is your worst enemy?" he asked, interested. "One that's not dead, by the way," he added, glancing at Meg at smirking.

"Hey!" she exclaimed, punching the back of Alex's seat.

Alex and I chuckled. She crossed her arms and burned holes in the rearview mirror by glaring at us.

I thought about it. "Ivellise," I finally answered, smiling at the pair in the car with me.

"And who is that?" Alex inquired.

"Her ex-best friend," Meg commented, answering for me, which actually made me mad.

"Hmm... Interesting."

"Um, yeah," I mumbled, not liking all of the attention focused on me.

"Well where will we find this Ivellise character?"

I looked at Alex and answered him, "School."

"Cool," he stated with a grin.

"That rhymed," Meg commented, smiling at us with her arms slung over both of our seats.

"Oh. Wait..." I sighed.

"What?" Meg and Alex said simultaneously.

"Brent is at schoo-"

I was jolted forward by the motion of the car coming to a sudden stop.

"Then we can't go," Alex said finally.

I frowned. "I suppose so."

"We can just avoid him," Meg started, "I can read his mind to see where he is. We just won't go there."'

Alex's forehead creased in thought. "I guess that could work," he finally admitted, looking over at me.

"Meg saved the day again!" Meg exclaimed with a grin, clapping her hands.

"Shut up Meg!" Alex and I yelled at the same time, I grinned.

"Let's go."  

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

HI :D 

Well, in a message to my fans earlier, I said that if these stories could get top 50 in the genre they were in, and top 100 in the Watty awards 2011, I would upload 5 chapters of each book :D 

Anyways, guys, VOTE COMMENT LIKE TWEET AND +1 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That way ;) 

Photo of Vanessa Hudgens Boho style :) I LOVE it :) And that's also how I dress :)

My other book: "Breaking Glass" in the external link! :)

till next time!:) 

Byeee xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Painting By Col

Mystery / Thriller

133K 8.7K 94
"It took me five seconds to fall. The impact on my chest jarring my body but not my mind. I suppose this is the point where your life is supposed to...
1.5K 179 89
"A killer who is afraid of guns and another who is afraid of the dark, huh? Quite the team." ~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~ Cleo knows what she's capable of an...
150 0 4
She had been alone with me before but the air in the car was excruciatingly lovely. It felt like home. Like she was my wife and I was just driving us...
5.8K 123 60
"How do you feel now, Morgan?" She says, more pointing something out than asking a question. She grabs hold of my wrists and tightens them. If I coul...