He's a She

By MayEsdot

Charlene James was the daughter of Chad James, one of the highest ranking snipers for the CIA. But when CIA... More

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter One

14.1K 393 31
By MayEsdot

First official chapter *smiles evilly* super excited

Comment

Vote

Fan

_______________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER ONE

            Packing was taking forever and in the end I was doing nothing more than throwing a bunch of random stuff into my suitcases.  I grabbed a few of my favorite books and chucked them in.  I reached under my bed in case there was another one and pulled out a large leather bound book.  PHOTOS was printed across the top.  I checked my watch, I still had time.  I flipped to the first page.  It was a picture of my mother holding me as a baby.  I had looked just like her before the incident.  I flipped to the next one.  It was a picture of me with Pangaea, my large brown teddy bear.  Pangaea was the last thing my mother had given me.

            I kept on going through my younger years.  By the age of five I started to find some pictures with Jaxon.  I laughed to see one with our hair spiked up by pudding.  I flipped to the next page and paused.  There was a picture of me, Jaxon and a smaller looking Jaxon with us.  We were sitting on the slide that used to be in my backyard.  Huh, that must have been his younger brother.  What was his name?  Payton, no, that wasn’t it.  I slipped out the picture and looked at the back.  Jaxon age 10, Charlene age 6, Parker age 5.  Parker that was his name.  I hadn’t seen that kid since I was seven, which was the year that Jaxon’s parents got a divorce.  Parker looked almost identical to Jaxon.  He had long dark hair and fair skin, only Parker had iced blue eyes instead of a deep ocean blue.    

            “Charlene,” Jaxon opened my bedroom door a crack.  “Are you decent?”

            “Yup,” I answered as I shoved the photo album into my bag. 

            “We have to leave soon.  Get your stuff and come downstairs when you’re done.  Okay?” I nodded and he left.  It took me all of ten minutes to finish gathering my things before I met him on the ground floor.  My dad was with him, they were having a rather hushed conversation and they cut it off once I reached the bottom of the stairs.  CIA stuff I guess.  My dad smiled down at me.  I felt like such a dork in this outfit.  The prep school I was going to had uniforms, and disgusting ones at that.  I was wearing a plain gray skirt, with tights and a pair of flats.  The shirt was collared yet they wouldn’t let me wear a tie with it.  Man, I loved punk neck ties.  My dad came up to me and hugged me tightly.

            “Be safe,” he said in my ear.  I nodded.  “Okay, I guess you should go now, you don’t want to be late for your first day.” I nodded again, fighting tears.  I didn’t want to leave without my father.  My dad brought up a hand and ran it through his hair.  His sleeve came up a tad and I swear he had a tattoo on his wrist. 

            “Just call me if you need anything, okay?  Jaxon and Heather are staying just down the block from you so you should be safe.” I nodded again.  I wasn’t going to see my father until all of this terrorist stuff blew over, and he was still acting all professional.  I was on the verge of tears.

            “Come on,” Jaxon grabbed my arm.  “Let’s put your stuff in the car.”  I nodded again and wiped my sleeve across my face.  Luckily I didn’t wear makeup otherwise this shirt would no longer be a clean bright white.  Each of us grabbed a bag or two and loaded them into the back of Jaxon’s car.  While we did this Jaxon told me everything I needed to know about his girl Heather.  She was already going to be there, he would be staying in her apartment, and she would be home at all hours so I could go there whenever I needed to.  I gave my dad one last hug before he closed the passenger door for me. 

            Jaxon started the car and we pulled away from the curb.  I took out my large brown teddy bear Pangaea and put him behind my head as a pillow.  I checked the clock, it was not even two in the morning.  We wouldn’t be there until six, this ride was going to suck.

            I dreamed of riding a unicorn.  Dee Snider was on a pink one on one side, Steve Vai was on the other.  Only in my dreams of course.  Wheels by Enuff Z Nuff was playing in the background.

I'm a wheel

Wheels turn

rolling over everything in front of me

I'm a wheel

wheel's burn

Burning like the soul that's inside of me

I'm a wheel

wheel's turn

Take me away

            Dee turned to face me.  He looked the exact same as he had in the eighties, makeup and all.

            “Wake up.” He said. 

            “Charlene,” Steve purred from the other unicorn, “time to get up.”

            “We’re here,” my unicorn said.  Wait, unicorns didn’t talk. 

            I flew awake and into a sitting position.  My head collided with Jaxon’s and we both grabbed our skulls.

            “Ow,” we said in unison.  Jaxon smiled at me. 

            “We’re here, come on and get your stuff.”  I looked down at my watch, it was almost six.

            “Sick beast,” I grabbed Pangaea and stuffed him under my arm and got out of the car.  I grabbed my rolling suitcase, two duffle bags and backpack from Jaxon.  We said our goodbyes, he handed me a sheet that told me all of his, and my, new information and then he left.  I huffed before turning around to face the building.  The main building was freaking huge.  It was a large brick building that was covered in one way windows.  The building was three stories high with a large greenhouse on the roof.  There were two side buildings next to it, they were only two stories high but longer and just as menacing.  Behind that were the dorms.  The left were the boys’ and the right belonged to the girls.  In between was a large park for ‘hanging out’ and a flat building was behind that.  It was where the pool and gym was.

            I reached down for my bags and nearly dropped Pangaea.  Tomorrow I would have to start classes.  How disgusting.  I lugged my junk up to the main building and went to the office.  I tried to open the large glass door, but had no hands.  I was going to open it with my foot when someone behind me spoke up.

            “You need help with that?” He asked.  He had an extremely soft velvety voice.  “Here,” he said as a hand appeared in front of me and pulled the door open.  I backed away and wedged myself under his arm and into the room.

            “Thanks,” I said as I went to the corner and dropped all of my stuff.  He just laughed.  I fixed my hair before turning to him. Wow, and a him he was.  He was tall, probably over six feet, he had nicely tanned skin and messy brown hair, he was also rather built.  I cat whistled in my head.  He was wearing a pair of gray sweatpants with the school logo on them.  He had on a white tank that fit so nicely that it left little to the imagination.  He caught me staring and I looked away.  My cheeks started to burn with a blush. 

            “You new here?” he asked.  I looked back up to him.  He had a bag on his shoulder, a water bottle was in the side.

            “Ya-yeah, just showed up actually.” He nodded with a smile.  This was awkward.

            “Oh well, uh,” he came up to me and held out a hand, “I’m Luke, you can consider me your welcoming party.” I smiled and took his hand and shook it a bit.  He had a strong grip, he also had extremely strong arms…

            “Look, I got to get to practice, but I’ll see you around.” He gave a small wave before leaving.  I waved back like a love struck dork.  I had made a friend, an incredibly hot friend.  Score!  I picked up Pangaea and hugged him tightly.

            “Renee Andrews?” I flew around at the sound of my fake name.  At least I recognized it as my fake name. 

            “Yes?”  The woman came out with stack of papers.  She was tall and slim, probably in her early fifties.  She was wearing the same uniform as me only she got a tie, I wished I got a tie.  She was also wearing heels.  Her hair was twisted back in a tight bun. 

            “This here is your schedule,” she gave me a white folder that read ‘New Germany Prep’ in blue across the top.  “This is the school layout,” she put a map on top of that, “and this is your room and all of the requirements, rules and regulations.  Follow these and you should be just fine.” I nodded and propped the folders under my arm to shake her hand.  She looked at me as if I was an okapi.  I took my hand back.  “The women’s dormitory is to the right,” she pointed at the wall over her shoulder.  Yes, pointing at the wall was helpful.  “The men’s is to the left,” she pointed over her other shoulder.  “If you are found in the men’s dormitory or if a man is in yours you will have a month probationary period.  If it happens again you will be expelled.  Do you understand?” I nodded.  “Now I would advise you to clean up your baggage and go to your dorm.  Don’t be late for class.” She turned to leave.

            “Excuse me, I was told that I wasn’t starting classes until tomorrow.”

            “Well who told you that?  It is unacceptable for you to skip your first day.  Now go get ready, your first class starts at eight.”  I huffed and started to collect my bags as the woman stared me down.  This was really going to suck. 

            I gathered up all of my baggage for a second time and kicked my way through the doors of the building.  I came outside where it was still pitch black.  There were a bunch of small lights by the edge of the path, which helped me to see to some extent.  I looked around me in amazement.  In the ‘hang out’ area there was a huge pond.  And check this out, it had ducks in it.  I love ducks, not a fan of water, but the number one fan of ducks.  I went past the pond, some benches, and a picnic area before I reached my building.  The girls’ dormitory.  Ooh, shiny.  I used my key card to open the main door.  The card made me feel like I was staying at some sort of fancy hotel.

            Within the next few minutes I climbed four flights of stair and went down one long hallway.  I stopped at a door that read ‘D23’, that was me.  I dropped my stuff and slipped in my key.  The green light blinked on and I kicked the door open.  I started to drag my stuff in one bag at a time.  After all of it was out of the hall, I closed the door behind me.  My roommate was still sleeping.  I looked at my sheet, her name was Vanessa Young.  I started to organize my stuff as I looked around my room.  It wasn’t too spacious, but I couldn’t call it small.  There were two twin sized beds, mine had nothing but a naked mattress, the other one was occupied by a rater slim girl with dark hair, and a bunch of pink and white blankets.  There were also two desks on the opposite wall, and a large flat screen sitting in between them, it was rested on the top of two mini fridges. 

            I unpacked my clothes and shoved them into the drawers under my bed.  After I was satisfied with that, I decided to set up the rest of my stuff on my desk.  I plugged in my lamp and ipod dock.  I put my books on it next.  That was all I had, so that would make me finished.  I looked over to Vanessa’s desk.  She had a shiny pink laptop on hers, along with a bazillion picture frames.  I went over to observe them.  Wow, my roommate was gorgeous.  There was a picture of her with a few other girls, all of them were in football jerseys with black paint under their eyes.  I assumed that she was the tallest of them.  She had extremely tan skin and long dark brown hair.  Her eyes were also dark, almost black.  She was smiling a contagious smile.  I smiled a bit.  Was I ever called pretty?  Yes, with my spiral curled blonde hair and dark blue eyes.  Was I ever called pretty by anyone that mattered?  Nope.

            I made my bed and put in my ear buds.  I switched the song to ‘Wheels’, man I love that song.  I checked my schedule and figured out that my first class wasn’t until nine.  I set my alarm for eight and crawled in under the covers.  This school wasn’t that bad, except for the fact that I couldn’t practice my gymnastics.  Knowing me something would happen that would make it a dead giveaway that Renee Andrews was actually the talented teen named Charlene James.  I would just have to practice when no one would see me.  There that would work.  Starting tomorrow, I was going to practice at four in the morning.  Now, to find out a way to get into the gym unnoticed. 

            Within five minutes, I was out once again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Out There By soph

General Fiction

1.1K 151 22
There is only one village left. All the others were prone to destruction. The war was long and scarring. Everyone fought, but nobody won. Bombs were...
3.3M 122K 68
🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀 Trigger Warning/Sexual Assault ⚠️Mature...
4.5K 252 23
Aly Matthews was one of the youngest women agents to ever enter the Special Forces. Aly was recruited the moment she turned 18, but in ten years a lo...
238K 7.6K 23
Lauren's parents were murdered when she was just fifteen years old. At school she is the badass who stays by herself, till one day of her senior year...