Confessions of a Bad Boy // S...

By RE_BellBooks

As her senior year approaches, Allyson Craine finds herself unraveling from all aspects of her life. From the... More

Confession Of A Bad Boy
Casting Call
Chapter One- My Best Friend, My Sister, My Louise
Chapter Two- That's Quality Heart Attack Material
Chapter Three- Walking Cliché
Chapter Four- Your Inner Perv Likes The Bad Boy
Chapter Five- Where's Your Sense Of Adventure
Chapter Six- Eat Shit Muskrat
Chapter Seven- You Fall For A Guy-He Secretly Falls For You
Chapter Eight- This Wardrobe Definitely Wasn't Narnia
Chapter Nine- I Give Their Pathetic Lives Excitement
Chapter Ten- Moves Like Patrick Swayze
Chapter Eleven- Strip It And Tip It
Chapter Twelve - Spilled Beans
Chapter Thirteen- I'd Rather Lick Shreks Foot
Chapter Fourteen- Um What Is This, Motel Roach?
Chapter Fifteen- Beauty And The Bad Boy
Chapter Sixteen- My Life Is A Sick Teen Movie
Chapter Seventeen- How To Kill A Heart
Chapter Eighteen-You Are Mine
Chapter Nineteen- Exercise Freedom
Chapter Twenty- Bad Boy Confessions
Chapter Twenty One- Fallback Or Fall Apart
Chapter Twenty Two- Don't Torture Yourself
Chapter Twenty Three-Time Heals all wounds, I'll be okay until then
Chapter Twenty Four- All Eyes
Chapter Twenty Five- I've Been To Prison
Chapter Twenty Six- Mally Lives
Chapter Twenty Seven- It's Complicated With Mason Reynolds
Chapter Twenty Nine- Oh My God You're Pregnant
Chapter Thirty- Love Makes Family
Chapter Thirty One- We're Not Even In The Same Ocean
Chapter Thirty Two- It's You
Chapter Thirty Three- There's No Other Place For Me
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty Eight- Our Song

12.5K 684 108
By RE_BellBooks

Chapter Twenty Eight- Our Song

"I took your advice, just so you know." I said to Mason when I found him cleaning out the penguins tank the following day.

He raised his eyebrow and put down the bucket he was cleaning. I rolled my eyes, because I knew what was coming next.

"You took my advice?" He smirked crossing his arms. "And what exactly did I advise you on?"

"That I should tell Fallon and Tanner the truth. And I'm going to, soon." I promised. "As easy and brilliant as my plan was, I realized I needed to rip this band-aid clean."

Mason smiled at me, and it was one of those god worthy smiles. The ones that make you feel from the toes up. Then in one swift motion he snaked his arms around me and pulled me closer.

His fingers skimmed over my face. Instinctively, my eyes closed and savored his touch. One day, I will learn to fall hopelessly in love with him. One day, but there was someone I had to love first and that was me.

"I'm proud of you princess." he whispered dipping down to kiss my temple.

I opened my eyes and smiled at him. "Well you should be. By the way, you're coming with me when I tell Fallon." I informed him quickly leaving no room for argument.

"What, why?" he whined pouting his adorable lips.

"Because Fallon has a crush on you. Cute boys and an overzealous pre-teen will soften the news tomorrow." I explained to him.

"You think I'm cute?" he wiggled his eyebrows. I shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"That's all you got from that?" I sighed.

"If I get complimented, then of course I'm going to butcher it. Mason is the name, arrogance is the game babe." he smirked pulling me closer. I laughed at him and pressed my lips to him in a small affectionate kiss.

"You are such a pain in my ass."

"As you are to me." he chuckled. "So what exactly is your plan?" he raised his eyebrow.

"I'm taking her to a concert and dinner." I told him.

"So your sister gets a date before I do?" Mason joked and it was only then that I realized I never actually went on a date with Mason before.

"We've never been on a date, Mason. How sad is that?"

"Who needs a date, when I have you. But if you really want a date, then a date the princess shall have." he responded sarcastically and bowed as if he was a servant.

"You dope!" I smacked his chest, "We'll discuss the dating issue later. But I am too pumped about this concert." I beamed.

"It's not Justin Bieber is it? Cause I swore up and down I'd never go to another one." he winced.

I stared at him shocked. My bad boy boyfriend went to a Justin Bieber concert? The same guy who vandalized the aquarium, swore like a sailor, and drove with me cross country, went to a Bieber concert.

"Oh my god!" I laughed actually crying.

"It's not funny! My little cousin begged me and I had no choice. All those girls...they were savages Princess. One almost impaled me with her picket poster when I said the music was lame." he recounted with a look of fear in his eyes.

"You're too cute." I laughed pinching his cheeks. Mason slapped it away and glared at me.

"Just please tell me we won't have to see Justin Bieber." he begged.

"No, we're going to see Asher Nash." I grinned when Mason groaned.

"He's worse than Justin Bieber!"

"Bieber isn't that bad, calm down. And Asher Nash is in town for one night and I really want to see his opening acts the crimsons and the misfit strips." I told him giddily. I loved the crimsons and I watched the misfit strips on youtube and thought they were hilarious.

Plus Fallon was apparently in love with Asher Nash, so it was a win-win on both parties.

"Just promise you'll protect me from overzealous fangirls." Mason begged. I laughed at him, of course he was being ridiculous. "I'm serious!" he cried out.

***
"Oh my god!"  Fallon screamed when Asher Nash hit the stage. I smirked and looked over at Mason who looked terrified.

"Calm down." I smiled taking his hand into mine. He squeezed my hand once and smiled back nervously.

"War flashbacks." he joked lightly.

"He's playing a cover song Ally!"  Fallon beamed bouncing up and down with the rest of the crowd. I nodded, not very interested in Asher's music. But the familiar chords of Ed Sheeran played.

"It's our song." Mason said tugging me closer.

"You remembered?" I smiled. It was Thinking out loud, the same song Mason and I danced to at homecoming. It was the first night we kissed and though only I knew, it was still special.

"How could I not? It was the first time you let me hold you." he smirked arrogantly. I rolled my eyes, leave it to him to ruin a moment. He took a small bow and offered me his hand. I giggled and grasped it gently.

"Aren't you the gentleman." I teased him when he wrapped his arms around my waist and tugged me closer. I draped my arms around his neck and followed his lead.

"Only for you princess." he whispered in my ear bringing my heart to life with happiness.

'So, honey, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are' Asher sang the chorus and I lost myself in the lyrics.

I wanted to fall hopelessly in love with Mason. I wanted to grow old with him. He was the one, and I know it sounds crazy because I'm only seventeen, but when you meet that person who fits you perfectly you can't deny it.

Maybe I don't love myself, but I am in love with Mason. I love the way he laughs, the way he smirks. I love our banter, I like our silence. I love his kisses and the way my toes go numb when he holds me close. I love his dancing, and his leather jackets. I hate his motorcycle, but I love that he talks to it like it's real. I love that cares for me, and that he makes mistakes.

He isn't perfect, and his imperfections make me love him even more.

I love Mason Reynolds. I can't pinpoint when it happened or how, but it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that I finally realized I loved this bad boy. The boy with my secrets held in those stormy grey eyes that felt like home.

"Mason I-"

Before I could finish the sentence however, the crowd went into a frenzy, drowing out my voice. I blinked and Mason looked down at me confused. It was then that I realized Mason and I were on the big screen for the whole arena to see.

"What's going on?" I asked no in particular. A pair of burly men in yellow wind-breakers emerged from the crowd. I raised my eyebrow when they stepped closer to talk to us.

"Mr.Nash has requested your presence on the stage." the bald one said gruffly. I scrunched my face in confusion.

"What?"

"He chose you in the crowd and requested you on the stage for the song." he informed me.

"Go Ally, he's like a god!" Fallon urged me on the verge of hysterical. I glanced at Mason who glared at the security guards.

"Can my boyfriend come?" I asked.

"Sorry, only you." the other man said. I shook my head to decline when Mason cut me off.

"Go princess. I'll stay here with Fallon and I'll see you when you come back." he kissed my cheek and pushed me towards the two men.

So much for free will.

They ushered me to the stage where Asher was waiting bantering with the audience. I gulped and looked over at the sea of people. I'm not good with crowds. I'm used to being a shadow, not center stage.

When we arrived Asher held out his hand for me. The girls in the audience screamed at the top of their lungs.

"Nice to meet you sweetie, what's your name?" he asked politely. I smiled nervously as I looked at the crowd.

"Ally." I answered.

"Nice to meet Aly, would you like to help me out on the next song?" he asked. I raised my eyebrow at the bronze beauty. He was cute, but he had nothing on Mason.

"I'm here for a reason, aren't I?" I retorted.

"Feisty, I like that." he chuckled. "I'm going to sing a song I wrote about girl. And I want you to be that girl tonight." he smirked.

The band played the chords to the song and Asher reeled me closer. I felt highly uncomfortable because the only one I let close to me was Mason. And now I was with another guy and it was being broadcasted to a whole arena where my boyfriend was watching.

Then he began to sing to me.

'Beauty queen of only eighteen
She had some trouble with herself
He was always there to help her
She always belonged to someone else'

He sang the first verse and I felt at ease. Because as soon as the first line left his lips, his eyes snapped to the wings of the stage.

'I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door
I've had you so many times but somehow I want more'

I snuck a side glance and saw the lead singer of the Misfit Strips watching on. She looked almost sad hearing the lyrics. Like she wanted to believe what he was singing.

Asher held my hand and met my eyes and sang the chorus to me. But it wasn't actually for me. It was for the lead singer who watched from the sidelines. This was a song for her. She held his heart, as Mason held mine.

'I don't mind spending every day
Out on your corner in the pouring rain
Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
And she will be loved
And she will be loved'

He sang the last verse and his eyes looked intently at the girl. I think her name was Dalia Monroe. She was pretty kick ass from what I remembered. And her music was epic.

Afterwards Asher led me off the stage. The crew gave me a backstage pass and I looked on confused. I thought I would go back to Mason and Fallon.

I could only imagine my little sister trying to grope my boyfriend. I cringed at the thought.

"Thanks for going out there." Asher thanked me. I nodded and gestured to Dalia who was  talking to a group of guys.

"The song was for her wasn't it?" I raised my eyebrow. Asher blanched and immediately shook his head.

"N-no of course not." he stammered.

"It's obvius you like her....love her even." I chuckled.

"I may love her, but I don't think she feels the same about me." he sighed wistfully. Dalia was like me in that way, weary of love. And it made the ones who loved us hurt. The way Asher looked at her made me believe he was in love but in pain that she didn't feel like that.

Did I cause that kind of pain for Mason?

"The way she looked at you when you were singing says otherwise. Girls like Dalia, they don't put too much faith in love, trust me we're tiresome to convince. But she'll realize it....I did." I told him as images of Mason's smile filtered my mind.

We were weary of love, but when we fell in love....we fell hard.

"You have someone special then?" Asher guessed grinning at me.

"Yeah, someone I love so much it scares me." I mumbled.

"Love does that to you." he agreed.

"She'll come around, we all do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 13.3K 51
completed (: "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Four months ago Sam Clarke's life turned upside...
1.4M 51.5K 40
Scarlett Everwood isn't necessarily your average 17-year-old girl, but she's managed to get by. After a year of pulling herself back together, she's...
Broken By Claire

Teen Fiction

5.6K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...
407K 18.2K 36
Falling in love with your best friend's brother is never a good thing, is it? Falling in love with both of your best friend's older brothers? That's...