Ryota Echizen

Oleh JadeNight14

We've all heard of Ryoma and Ryoga Echizen's adventures, but we haven't heard about their youngest brother. A... Lebih Banyak

Character Background
First Day of School
Akashi Yunoto
Prince
Who's Atobe?
Meeting the King
Home Sweet Home
Photography Club
Trouble on the Tennis Courts
What the Hell Just Happened?
Just Call Me Ryota
Ryota Meets Segaiku: Part 1
Ryota Meets Segaiku Part 2
There's Two of You?
Ryoma, Meet Yunoto
Meeting Oyaji
Goodnight and Sweet Dreams
Onii-chan's Got A Crush~
School Festival: School Spirit and Maid Cafe's
School Festival: Host Club
School Festival: Reveal
Join the Team
Nurse Ryoma
Tryouts
A Day In
My Teamates Are My Stalkers
It's a Date
Why? Because I'm Bored!
Ryoma's Date
Pursuing Ryota and Unexpected Guests
Ryoga Returns
The Challenge
Ryoga Vs Atobe
No More Hot Chocolate For Me
Practice Match
The Invitation and The Dinner Date
What Are Friends For
Quitting
Won't Ever Let You Go
Saying Goodbye
America-Reveal
Hospital-Part 1
America-Part 2
Epilogue

I Promise

2.6K 76 8
Oleh JadeNight14

Ryota's POV

Where am I?

It's like I'm in a dark void, just drifting in the darkness.

"Ryota..."

Huh? Who's there?

"....never....love..."

Why do they sound so familiar?

"....please....don't..."

....Atobe? Is that you? What happened?

....

Oh yeah,I remember now. The stupid driver.

"so sorry...won't..."

Huh? I can't hear you very well.....Why do you sound like you're crying?

Finally, a bright light forms in the distance, my body starting to float towards it slowly.

Am I waking up?

....

Beep.....Beep.....Beep.....

Furrowing my eyebrows, I slowly open my eyes. The feeling of my arm being weighted down makes me glance down. The sight of my arm in a white cast above the cold sheets placed on my body confuses me profusely. I let my gaze wander, in search of anything to tell me what's going on, until I see something that breaks my heart.

Atobe, sobbing on his knees while gripping my bed sheets. Despite his incoherent words, I'm able to focus enough to understand what he's saying.

"I never meant anything I said! I love you so much, Ryota. So, so much. It killed me when I had to make up those lies, I thought that what I was doing was right, that I was supporting you in my own fucked up way...!" A sob racks his body, breaking my heart even more at his distraught cries. "I'll never do it again, I'll be honest from now on....I'll never hurt you again, I'll do anything it takes to have you back in my life...." Calming down a bit, I'm slightly relieved to hear his breathing regulate slowly."Even if you can't forgive me....I'll still love you..."

Tears pooling in my eyes, I'm unable to take anymore. Reaching out slowly, I rest my hand over his and grip it tightly. Sniffling, I watch as Atobe lifts his head up to stare at me in shock. "Ryota..."

Smiling weakly, I shake my head while tears slide down my cheeks. "Why didn't you tell me, you were self conscious? I would have understood!" A sob racks my body, causing the man I love to wince. "You stupid man....You stupid, selfish man!" I start crying even more, unable to contain the wealth of emotions washing over me. "I can't believe you put us through this! I thought you hated me.....I thought you didn't want me anymore.....And yet I still love you despite all this!" Finally unable to take it any longer, I let myself cry. The next thing I know, Atobe's arms are wrapped around me, holding me gently against his chest as he buries his face against my neck, letting me cry on his shoulder while whispering loving words.

"I know sweetie, I know. Let it all out, I'm here for you and I will never let you go. I'll be here for you no matter what, I promise." He whispers, kissing my temple gently, calming me down. "It was a mistake to think that this was for the best, I won't ever do it again."

Pulling back, I give him a watery smile. "Damn right you won't. 'Cause if you do anything like this again, I'm going to kick your ass, you hear me?"

Smiling himself, he nods and kisses my forehead gently. "And you know what? I won't even stop you."

Sniffling, I relax against him, content to have my man at my side once more.

Just when I thought everything was fine, I felt Atobe tense under my touch. Confused, I pull back and look up at him in concern. "Atobe? What's wrong?"

By the way he avoided eye contact with me, I could tell that something had to have gone wrong in the past couple of minutes. "Nothing...I think you need to talk to your parents though," Looking at me, his eyes are filled with remorse, "soon."

Confused even more, I tilt my head a bit. "What? Did you say something to them? Is that what-"

"No!" He interrupted urgently, lifting his hands up to cup my cheeks gently. "It's nothing like that..."Sighing, he shakes his head and looks me right in the eye. "Just know, that I'll be here for you every step of the way."

Opening my mouth to question him even more, I'm interrupted --oddly convenient for Atobe-- by the door opening. At the sight of my parents, I let the matter drop and give them a smile, trying to contain my laughter at their shocked looks.

"Hey, you two. Where have you been all this time?" I tease, only to be rushed at by my loving parents.

With both of them hugging me and kissing me at once, Atobe was forced to move away. But before he could leave my side, I grip onto his hand and hold him in place. At the confused look on his face, I just give him a grin. After us being apart all this time I didn't intend for us to part any time soon.

Once my parents calmed down, my mother went into the hallway to call my brothers and, to my surprise --thanks to Atobe-- Akashi was here as well. With her gone, it was just my dad, Atobe and I sitting there in comfortable silence. Until my dad clears his throat and glances between the two of us nervously. Thinking that he was worried about Atobe and mine relationship, I reassure him with a smile, still holding Atobe's hand.

"If you're worried about Atobe and I, Oyaji, don't worry. We cleared this whole misunderstanding up earlier." I explained quietly, glancing at Atobe, only for him to give me a loving smile. Nodding his head, Oyaji gives us a smile, but I can tell that something else is bothering him though. "Dad? What's wrong? You seem tense."

Staring at me for quite some time, Nanjiroh sighs and looks down at his hands, which are clasped together. "Ryota...." Sighing, he looks up and gives me, what it seems like, a supportive smile. "I want you to know that your mother and I are with you 100% of the way. Your brothers will support you as well, and from what I can see, so will Akashi and Atobe..." 

Getting really concerned at this point, I open my mouth to ask about it when Atobe squeezes my hand gently. Glancing over at him, he gives me a weak smile and nods towards my dad. Deciding not to interrupt after all, I look back towards my dad to see him giving me a sad look. 

"Your doctor, we were talking about your injuries and the recovery rate. You have a broken arm and a few lacerations that will heal on their own in time." Gulping, he continues on. "He also said, that your legs took the brunt of the damage. During the accident, the nerves were apparently punctured by debris, causing what they called a Partial Paralysis in your legs...."

Once he hesitated, I knew where he was going with this. The thought of not being able to walk again was slowly killing me, I felt like I had just been punched in the gut. Slowly turning my head , I stare with unfocused eyes at the far wall. I guess I wasn't disappointed as much in not playing tennis as I was with not being able to walk again. The shock came from the very thought that such an injury would affect my life so drastically. No more walking down to the train station to visit Akashi or go to school. No more walking through the park with my camera. No more bonding time with my brothers and dad. No more....anything....

I don't know how long I sat there, but by the time I snap out of it, my dad is gone and it's just Atobe and I in the room as he rubs his thumb over my hand. Looking over at him, I see him staring at me with such worry in his eyes that it makes my chest feel tight. I was the one with the injury, that didn't mean that he had to be worse off than me.

"Atobe..." I whisper. Reaching out, I caress his cheek gently, wiping away any un-shed tears. Giving him a weak smile, I whisper to him softly. "I'll be fine, Atobe. It's not like it's the end of the world or anything...."

Shaking his head, he squeezes my hand tightly and lifts it up to kiss it. "I know." He mumbles against my hand. "I just....can't stand the thought of you in such pain..."

Watching as he kisses my hands gently, a sense of warmth floods my senses. 'I'm not alone.' I thought. Despite me having to go through this life changing injury, I know for a fact that I won't be alone. Just because I can't play tennis, doesn't mean that I can't do anything else. I can still go for walk at the park, I can still go visit my friends, I can still bond with my dad and siblings. Because they will be with me 100% of the way, supporting my every decision.

Feeling my eyes start to well up, I reach up with my free hand and wipe them away. "I don't care." At his shocked look, I can only laugh. "You wanna know why? Because I have the best friends and family members that will support me the whole way. I won't be alone, because I know that you will be there for me...." Smiling at me through my tears, I laugh. "And I'm so glad to have someone like all of you in my life."

Feeling giddy at Atobe's smile, I lean forward and pull him towards me, hugging him once more. Nuzzling the side of his neck, I sigh contently in his arms as he wraps them around me.

Although my life has changed, I'm just glad that I have the people in my life that love me the way they do. That they won't abandon me and will stick by me through thick and thin.

'I couldn't ask for a better life.'

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

10.4K 357 12
RyoSaku moments every 14th of each month.
436K 8.7K 59
After being in rehab for 3 years, Echizen Rika is finally back. She then enrolled in Seigaku where her little brother is. She met the tennis boys c...
34.4K 1.1K 16
Hinata Ema is your average high school girl...at least, that's what everyone thought her to be. Hinata Rintaro, her adoptive father, is soon to be we...
28K 494 8
Ruina Takatori was a transferee at Seigaku High School. She left United States to be with her cousin Ryoma Echizen. She then meets the stoic captain...