Numb. || mgc

By mikeyssidehoe

She was depressed. She was numb. She was a disease. He was her cure. He was saving her, but she was killing h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
IMPORTANT!!!
PLEASE READ
Character Ask!!!

Chapter 19

174 10 9
By mikeyssidehoe

Cassie's P.O.V

"Cassie." I heard Michael whisper.
"Wake up."

I groaned. "Why? Isn't it like Christmas break or something?"

"Yeah it is. And it's like 5 pm." He got up off the bed and threw on a shirt that was laying on the floor.

I shoved my face into my pillow and whined. "But it's early."

"But it's 5 pm." Michael repeated.

Michael chuckled and wrapped his arms around me and picked me up. "PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed, him laughing.

He kissed my cheek. "No. You're coming with me." Michael carried me downstairs and set me down on the couch.

"What?" I asked. He was standing in front of me, his smile wide.

He shook his head. "Nothing. I'm just so lucky to have you." Michael grabbed one of his jumpers and threw it on me. "Put it on."

I did as I was told, and he put on one himself.

I wanted to know where we were going.

Michael grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside.

"Michael?" I asked annoyingly. "Why are we wearing sweatshirts? We are in Australia."

He smirked. "You'll see."

I rolled my eyes and followed him down the street.

"How much longer do I have to walk?" I groaned, my feet starting to hurt.

Michael laughed. "We'll be there soon." He smiled, giving me a light kiss.

We've been walking for over an hour, and to be honest, I think we're lost. I have no idea where we are.

"Are we lost?" I say, hugging Michael.

He shake his head abruptly. "No, we're not lost." He stops walking. "We're here."

I haven't been paying any attention to our surroundings, and we now stood in front of a small wood building that looked as though it was inhabited by a hobbit.

"What's this?" I ask, confused.

Michael gives me a small smile. "Go inside." He lightly pushed me toward the door. I hesitated, not knowing what could be in there.

I opened the door and my jaw dropped.

In the far right corner was a small Christmas tree, all lit up with shiny decorations.

There was a table, two plates and a few boxes of pizza on it.

The entire place was decorated with fairy lights and was lit by candles.

Out the small window was an amazing view of a lake, glistening in the sun.

"Do you like it?" Michael asked, smiling.

I was speechless. "I love it. This is amazing." I squeezed and hugged him.

"Let's eat, shall we?" He giggled and we sat down.

Michael opened a box and handed me two slices, as well as giving himself some.

Then we stuffed our faces.

"We've never been on a date, so I guess this counts." Michael smiled, taking another bite.

"This is perfect."

It was perfect. Everything. The thought that he put into this. Him. Ugh. Everything was falling into place.

"Hey Cassie?" Michael asked, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"Yeah?" I set my pizza down and looked back at him.

His smile dropped. "I need to tell you something." He sighed, wiping a tear from his eye. "I don't want to leave for tour. I mean, I want to, but I don't."

I sighed. "Don't worry, babe. You're going to take over the world." I smiled, taking his hand in mine. "You will do amazing things. It will be okay. I will always be a phone call away. I won't give up on us. I'll never leave."

Michael left for tour New Years Day. Meaning that we only had ten more days together. Ten.

"I love you so much Cassie and I'm sorry for everything I've put you through."

"I love you too Michael. And I'm sorry for everything I've put you through." I gave a half smile. "You're gonna go far. Take over the world. Be unpredictable."

Michael leaned over the table and lightly pressed his lips onto mine. It was a soft, passionate kiss.

"Please don't leave me," Michael begged. "I can't stand to be without you."

I pressed another kiss onto his lips. "Don't worry. I'll never leave you."

I looked down at our hands then looked back at his face. He wanted more.

"I promise this time, Michael. For real. I promise to never hurt you again. I can't stand to see you hurt, especially when it was me who hurt you. I know it's jars to trust me now, but please try to. I love you so damn much. I get butterflies whenever I'm around you. I love our little cuddle sessions and pillow fights. You're amazing, Michael. You're all I want. This time I promise to never leave you. I love you so much." I could've said a lot more, but I decided against it.

He smiled. I really hope he knew that I didn't want to hurt him anymore. I care about him too much to ever think about hurting him again.

Michael's P.O.V

I smiled, knowing that she loved me. I loved her too. So much that I didn't even have the words to explain it.

I had my free hand underneath the table, holding the small box. I was nervous. Maybe she won't like it?

I've planned this day for a while now, trying to make it perfect. My plan was to make her breakfast in bed, except she wouldn't wake up until 5 pm.

I had gotten permission from my cousin to use a small cabin that he owned, that was overlooking the lake.
I couldn't get snow, seeing as though we're in Australia. I wanted to make everything perfect for Cassie. Although her favorite season was fall, she secretly loves winter but she always denies it.

I wanted to make this place look like home. When she was younger, and her mother adopted her. When they could actually sit down and have a meal. Open presents Christmas morning together.

This year I hope I can make her feel special. Like she is loved.

I already have all of her Christmas presents, and I bought tons of Christmas movies.

I just don't want to leave her. She'll be all alone while I'll be performing in front of thousands of people each night. I can't stand the thought of no one being here to comfort her.

I got taken back to reality when I heard Cassie call my name.

"Mikey?" She asked, looking concerned.

I smiled, letting her know that I'm fine. "Yeah babe?" I kept my hand over the box, waiting for the right time.

She sighed happily. "Thank you so much. You're so amazing. I don't deserve all of this."

This was it. I sighed, taking my hand away from Cassie's. She gave me a look, and I smiled. I took the small box out from beneath the table and held it above.

I could tell she was confused, as to why I was holding a box.

I slowly opened it, revealing a small necklace. It was just a dainty music note, something that I thought she would like. (A/N pictured above)

"Michael. This is gorgeous!" She said as she looked at the necklace, then back at me.

This was just a small thing I had bought for her when we first became friends.

I smiled widely. "I really hope you like it, I mean it's just a little thing I-" Cassie shut me up by placing her lips against mine. I smiled through the kiss.

"Cassie, I love you."

"Michael, I love you."

(AUTHORS NOTE)

Omg hi guys! I am so sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been really busy.

So... this book is almost done!!!

Please, please vote. It would mean so much to me. It only takes a second to vote, and it takes me 3 hours to write this. It would mean a lot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 15.7K 65
A story about how 'I fucking hate you' changed to 'I fucking love you' WARNING: Mature Content (self-harm, death, sexual relations, language, violenc...
6.8K 271 25
Ashton is suicidal gets beaten by his father and bullied at school for being gay. Luke is very confident has a loving family that accepts him for who...
225 9 37
You fall in love, and then you fall out. It's nothing you can fix. You lose people, and pray for them to come back. You will hope and pray, but they...
1.4K 28 26
greatest enemies to lovers i've ever written