Silence of the Alpha

By darlingxeveran

Dahlia is the runt of her pack, always beaten and bullied by the members, even her own brother. When she is s... More

Silence of the Alpha Chapter One
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Two
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Three
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Four
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Five
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Six
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Seven
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Eight
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Nine
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Ten
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Eleven
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Twelve
Silence of the Alpha Chapter Thirteen

Prologue

26.7K 507 11
By darlingxeveran

UPDATE: The rewrite of Silence of the Alpha has been published! You can find it on my profile as LUNA REVEALED.

CONTENT WARNING: The rewrite is much darker than this. If you are under 18, it is not for you. See the book description for detailed CWs.

Cold. That was all I felt. Freezing cold. Almost like death. It was so cold, it felt hot. Burning hot. I was used to it by now, though. This cold, it was normal. It was something I felt almost every moment of my life. But this was one of those rare moments. One of the moments where I felt warmth. Not a bonfire. Not even a campfire. Just a small, lit match. Just a little light and warmth in a dark, cold place. I almost felt bad for this light. I knew that, soon, it would be smothered by the cold. But for now, I would stand by this flame and let it warm me.

I knew there wasn't much time left for this flame. I watched it flare up, using the rest of the oxygen, before slowly dying out, leaving the faint smell of smoke in its place.

This was my life; waiting for that small match. There were so few of them, I sometimes felt the death and cold creeping into me before it showed up. I never expected anything bigger than this flame. And I never received it. I could hardly remember the last time I saw a large flame. Like the sun. The sun didn't exist anymore. Not for me, at least.

That is, until my world started revolving again. I watched one of my small flames expand and extend, becoming something I thought I'd never see again.

My sun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 1.2K 27
The year is 2040, Kaydence Evans is trying to survive college in a world full of werewolves. She has been trained by her father for past 10 years in...
874K 16.5K 33
Evelyn has been bullied by her brother's best friend who was also the Alpha-to-be ever since they were kids. When he was away for two years to train...
13.8M 375K 51
"Stop. Stop, please." I sob as the whip comes down on my back once more. "Shut up yo-" my tormentor's words are cut off by a ferocious growl. I sense...
1.6M 42.9K 50
Clare, a teenage werewolf, must face the darkness of the pack that took her in. Cold Creek Pack, took in Clare only because of their reputation. Othe...