Opposites Don't Attract

By StoryGirl5169

Jordan and Abbey are two completly different people who come from different families. Jordan is rich city boy... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Epilogue

Chapter Four

14.6K 107 19
By StoryGirl5169

"Here comes the one and only Abbey. The star of the show!" Announced Alex, loud enough for everyone to turn around and look at us.

We were both back stage and just hanging around. I was still shaking when I got off the stage, but I was shaking because I was proud of my self and so was my sister. I think this is one of the best days in my life. I can't wait to come back next week. After all I have been selected to the next round.

As I was walking off back stage, I heard the music turning on. Two girls, both aged thirteen were singing on stage. One was a blond and the other was a red head. Their voices were amazing but their dance wasn't too good, in fact it was terrible if you ask me. They did little ballet jumps and other dance moves that a three year old would do.

I could hear Alex giggling behind me. I was giggling to but not as loudly as Alex. I grabbed her hand and I pulled her towards the exit and she was still giggling. Sometimes I feel as if I am the oldest and Alex is my little baby sister learning to walk.

"Wasn't that hilarious!" Alex laughed some more and right now it was kind of getting annoying.

"No! It wasn't" I lie. "Now lets go, Caitlin would want to see the video." I say, holding her hand and leading her out of the building like she was a five year old.

And then she stopped. I turned around to look at her and she looked like someone had come and slapped her hard on the cheek. This can only mean bad news.

I crossed my fingers, hoping she hadn't forgotten to take a video or left it behind.

"I forgot to take a video." She finally admitted.

We stood there, starring at each other and there was silence. My mouth was still open but I quickly shut it just in case a fly was buzzing around and decided that my mouth was a nice resting place.

"Al-"

"Just kidding." Alex said with a big grin on her face.

"You are dead when we get home." I said angrily, but inside I was laughing too.

We walk towards the bus stop and we waited patiently for bus.

So far it had been eight minute and still not bus. I hated it when you just had an amazing day and there's always little things that ruin your day, like when a bus doesn't come on time. As for Alex, she didn't mind the wait. She was sitting down doing her nails as usual, since she has nothing better to do then look good. She says looking good makes her feel good and I guess she was kind of right.

BEEP! BEEP!

A bright red, shiny car comes out from around the corner and parks ten seconds away from the bus stop. I take a step forward and I see Caitlin in the car.

Good timing Caitlin. I say to myself in my head and smile. I turn to Alex and tell her Caitlin is here but she didn't care at the moment. She told me to wait in the car and that she would be there in a minute. She was still putting on her blue nail polish on her fingers so that it would match her outfit. She said that perfection takes time and I told her that if she took longer than thirty seconds Caitlin and I were going and that seemed to grab her attention, so the two of us hurried into the car and Caitlin drove away.

As we were going home, I noticed, every time she stopped at a red light she would check her phone like she was waiting for a text message or a call. First shes acting all suspicious in the morning and now she is hiding something on the phone. It sort of worried me because what if she was followed by a stalker or something. She could be in danger. I wondered if I should tell Alex or dad but then again maybe its just something at work and she is probably waiting for a important message or call from the manager of the shop she works in but still I should be alert.

We were now entering a tunnel. It was quite a long tunnel. I didn't like tunnels that much because that's were cars end up crashing into each other because they decide it would be funny going a little faster than the speed limit and giving the car in front of them a little nudge. But I knew, as long as Caitlin drives safely there's nothing to be afraid of.

I was just about to ask Caitlin a question about why there are so many incidents in tunnels but I decided that it would be better if I said nothing, just in case she got distracted and crashed into the car in front of us.

One thing that really started to worry me was that the yellow car behind us was speeding up a little and it was getting really close to us. I glanced back at the car and inside was two men and not one of them was wearing a seat belt and it looks like they are giving each other a high five and laughing.

OMG! Whats that stupid driver doing?

The man who was driving the car let go of the steering wheel and sort of lifted his bum of the seat and well from where I am sitting it seems like he got bored of driving so he is going to the back seat and the man next to him jumped up from his seat and began driving and in his hand was a bottle of wine. Or is it alcohol? But whatever it is, it seemed to have made him drunk. I have to warn Caitlin and Alex. But it was too late.

CRASH!

The car behind us accelerated too fast and crashed into our car and sent us sliding in circles. But luckily we were alive. We just had little cuts and bruises on our hands and some on our face but other than that, there was no harm done. Caitlin was looking at me. She was gone really white and so was Alex. I looked at my reflection and I too was gone pale. It was because we were all petrified, especially Caitlin and Alex because they didn't know it was coming but as for me I knew this was going to happen but I didn't open my mouth and warn them. If I had said something maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Minutes later police, I heard the police and ambulance siren and they parked right next to our car. They helped us out and took us to the ambulance even though I told him that we were fine but they said that they had to check if there was any head injuries or anything serious.

I was holding Alex's hand and Alex was holding Caitlin's hand. I could tell, Alex could feel me quivering as we entered the ambulance since she kept turning around and asked me if I was alright and I said I was fine. But I was still in shock of what just happened and I couldn't believe I was alive. This was such a big miracle.

I sat down, making my self comfortable. The police came inside to and sat opposite the three of us. Another police man came too with a pen and a notebook.

I peered out the little gap in the door and smiled. I saw the too men being handcuffed and taken into the police car. Serves them right for their bad behavior.

"So can you," he pointed at Caitlin, "tell me your name?"

"Caitlin Adams." She said trembling.

"So, what happened exactly?"

"I don't know. I was driving safely and then I suddenly glance at my side mirrors and see the car behind us accelerating towards us and they drove too fast for me to avoid the crash." Her words were still shaking and from looking at her eye, I could see water flooding her eyes.

"Here you go." Said the police and offered her a tissue.

Caitlin stretched out her arm and politely took the tissue and mimed thank you.

"Have any of you witnessed anything else?" Asked the police and again there was the long silence.

"Yes, I have" I admitted. "I saw the to men swapping seats and they weren't wearing their seat belts and I think they were drunk." I turned to Caitlin and said "I was going to warn you but it was too late and..." I felt like bursting in tears. This is all my fault.

"Abbey, its not your fault." Caitlin was reading my mind as usual. She gave me a hug and so did Alex.

"Yeah, even if you did say something it would still have happened." Alex said, trying to cheer me up and it did kind of cheer me up.

The police interviewed us for like another one hour and to be honest it was really boring. But at the end we were going to get a ride home. But first they had to take us to the hospital.

The journey took only fifteen minutes to the hospital. We entered the building in a line and we were taken into a room. We introduced ourselves and in no time there were scanning out heads and examining our hands and face for big cuts so they can put a plaster over it. I had one on my forehead and Alex and Caitlin had none, they only had one on their arm. After our checkup was finished we were driven home. They said they would send a letter if they detected any damages in our heads.

We thanked the police man and gave our numbers when we arrived back at home. They said they would call in a week. I was feeling a bit relaxed now and calm. I could tell Alex was too. But Caitlin seemed a bit down. I didn't blame her. Her car was a gift from our mother before she died. So was Alex's. It was the last gift from her mother and it was also a memory but now it had been trashed.

We rang on the doorbell and waited for a response. Seconds later dad opened the door. He had a smile on his face but that smile wiped away the minute her saw the state of us. He opened his mouth to say something but said nothing.

"Its OK, dad. We're fine." I said quickly stop him worrying but it didn't work.

We went inside and he made us sit down and brought us some hot chocolate but coffee for Alex because she says she is too old for hot chocolate but that's just crazy talk.

We explained everything to dad and he almost started crying. I knew he was thinking of mum. He had almost lost us but luckily he didn't. I don't know how dad would react if we were dead, he'd probably have a heart attack.

"Oh, you girls are so lucky." He cried. "God knows what would have happened if he didn't help you!" He gave us a hug and we told him it was going to be alright and he stopped crying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

712K 27.8K 65
Sophia Bennett, a 23 year old woman, looking for a job which will pay her enough to use that money to pay off the debt she had taken for her sister's...
171 5 12
Hazel Jones; "if we're going to start something, it's going to be my way." Moving into a new city with her aunt not really the ideal choice of her, b...
946 32 10
Jordan has a dream of going into fashion and wants to jumpstart her career as a stylist. She doesn't really have much, but she has enough to get by...
59.4K 1.6K 43
Childhood friends enter high school no longer speaking to each other, it's their senior year, and they are partnered up to do a project that's worth...