Unlucky (Fruits basket fanfic)

By theanswertolifeis42

Yuki and Kyo both struggle with theirs feelings for Tohru, while Tohru is growing increasingly tired of their... More

Tohru
Yuki
Kyo
Tohru part 2
Yuki part 2
Kyo part 2
Tohru part 3
Yuki part 3
Kyo part 3
Tohru part 4
A/N
Yuki part 4
Kyo part 4
Tohru part 5
Yuki part 5
Akito part 1
Tohru part 6
Yuki part 6
Akito part 2
Epilogue

Kyo part 5

1.2K 37 3
By theanswertolifeis42

Konnichiwa! Sorry I haven't updated in forever. But don't worry, because it's a double update! Why, I hear you ask? Well, you'll see at the end of this chapter! Also, I'm doing a Q and A in my art book, and so far I only have two (really great) questions, SO PLEASE COMMENT YOUR QUESTIONS!

ALSO... I000 READS!!! I'M SO HAPPY! THANKS SO MUCH YOU AWESOME PEOPLE! YOU ARE THE BEST! SO, THE FIRST THREE PEOPLE WHO COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER, I WILL FOLLOW AND GIVE A THEM A SHOUT OUT!

Arigato and please vote and comment !

-Blue

"Kyo-kun, look!" Tohru cried, trying to get my attention by tapping my shoulder.

"What?" I answered, mildly irritated. I was meant to be doing a project for homework that was due in the very next day. I had procrastinated long enough, and I'd really be in for it if I didn't finish the damn thing.

Tohru held a small, fluffy white creature in her arms. "It's a kitten!" she announced gleefully, gently petting the kitten.

"Woah... where'd that come from?" I asked as she continued to stroke it. Hell, I couldn't stay mad at her for long. She was just too cute!

"I just found him in the bushes. Isn't he so adorable?" Tohru replied, holding her arms out for me to take the kitten. I held it obediently in my arms. It... was actually kind of sweet.

"I wonder who he belongs to..." Tohru specualated.

The kitten purred contentedly in my arms. Ah, dammit. Cats were naturally drawn to me; it was one of the weirder quirks of being part of the zodiac.

Tohru smiled at me, and I couldn't help but grin back. I forgot about the homework, and we happily played with the kitten for hours. We ended the day on the roof, slurping hot soumen, the kitten snoozing on my coat, cutely snoring.

I felt the happiest I had felt in a long while that day. I was just starting to develop a slight crush on Tohru.

However, the next day, the kitten (who Tohru had nicknamed Fluffy, possibly the least creative name ever) was reclaimed by his worried and kinda angry owners, and I got detention every day after school for an hour for a month.

I leant the oldest lesson that day.

All good things must come to an end.

But surely... surely Tohru isn't included in that? She can't... she mustn't die.

***

I stare at the limp math worksheet. The kid next to me catches my eye and smiles. He's really young; damn, he's only about twelve.

Iv'e met kids here who'v done some terrible things. One boy killed his parents. Another beat up a cop. Some are going to be locked up for thirty, forty years. Others two or three. Most of us are waiting for our trials.

I share a cell with a quiet boy with long, dark hair. He hardly ever speaks. It's actually kind of creepy. I heard he killed his teacher. Actually stabbed her. That's why I haven't been sleeping recently. Because I can feel his cold stare below me at night. His endless fixation on me, and what's worse is that I'm on the top bunk, and sometimes I can feel him scratching at my bed.

I don't want to, but if he does... attack me, at least I have some protection. My other form. Maybe this curse could actually prove to be a blessing?

***

The fat guard gestures to the phone.

"One call." he tells me. I nod my head, and eagerly pick up the hand set. Iv'e been waiting ages for this. If your'e 'good' here, meaning you don't get into any fights and complete your schoolwork obediently and do what the guards tell you, you are slowly rewarded with privileges, such as TV, or getting to use the phone.

You already know who I'm going to call, don't you? And I expect you can predict what happens next:

'Tohru... keep fighting. Fight for me, please. I love you so, so much.'

'Kyo-kun! Be safe! I love you too!'

I take the phone off it's gray cradle.

I punch the familiar number into the plastic keypad.

I hold the phone to my ear and wait for someone to pick it up.

"Hello? Who is this?" asks the voice from the other side of the line.

"Hello, Akito..." I answer, a twisted grin displayed on my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 909 12
This story is a (Kyo X Reader) You just moved to Japan with your mother. You're not that good at making friends but you make a few. You become close...
70.8K 2.3K 29
ʚ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 ɞ ❝𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐌𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐢 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐫�...
2.5K 47 7
Hi guys Shannon here another romance story, this time i'm going to anime! Fruits Basket was my first anime and now i'm obsessed with anime! This fanf...
6.7K 50 75
hello weebs and weclome back to another book with my oc character star but her last name will be changed to takashi!!!! lovely right anyways... this...