Ryota Echizen

By JadeNight14

We've all heard of Ryoma and Ryoga Echizen's adventures, but we haven't heard about their youngest brother. A... More

Character Background
First Day of School
Akashi Yunoto
Prince
Who's Atobe?
Meeting the King
Home Sweet Home
Photography Club
Trouble on the Tennis Courts
What the Hell Just Happened?
Just Call Me Ryota
Ryota Meets Segaiku: Part 1
Ryota Meets Segaiku Part 2
There's Two of You?
Ryoma, Meet Yunoto
Meeting Oyaji
Goodnight and Sweet Dreams
Onii-chan's Got A Crush~
School Festival: School Spirit and Maid Cafe's
School Festival: Host Club
School Festival: Reveal
Join the Team
Nurse Ryoma
Tryouts
A Day In
My Teamates Are My Stalkers
It's a Date
Why? Because I'm Bored!
Ryoma's Date
Pursuing Ryota and Unexpected Guests
Ryoga Returns
The Challenge
Ryoga Vs Atobe
No More Hot Chocolate For Me
Practice Match
The Invitation and The Dinner Date
What Are Friends For
Quitting
Won't Ever Let You Go
Saying Goodbye
America-Reveal
Hospital-Part 1
I Promise
Epilogue

America-Part 2

2.6K 73 10
By JadeNight14

Recap

"Yunoto..." He whispers gently, holding onto my clenched hands and gently prying them open. Looking down, I notice that my hands are deathly white and shaking from the amount of force I was squeezing my fists. "Yunoto?" Looking up, I'm shocked to see tears gathering in Atobe's eyes. "Ryoma told me to tell you that everything is fine, Ryota is just....just sleeping right now. " Sniffling, I nod and try to continue to listen. "Now, I just finished talking to my butler, he's currently arranging my families private jet. We're going to stop by Ryota's house and pick up his parents, you can call them on the way there. Then we're going to go and make sure that when Ryota.....when Ryota wakes up he's surrounded by his friends and family...alright?"

Sniffling, I nod and pull a hand away gently to wipe away my tears. "O-okay....H-how are you?"

Giving me a weak grin, he shrugs while standing up. "Well.....I could be better." Grabbing our bags off the floor, he holds a hand out to me while shouldering both our bags on his back. "Come on, lets go."

_____

Wincing, I glance at Atobe to see if he noticed. Making sure he's distracted by the passing scenery, I lean away from him and whisper over the phone. "Listen Nanjiro, everything you know is wrong. I'll explain later, but what you need to know is that Atobe never meant anything that he said to Ryota...." Hesitating, I decide to push on. "In fact, I would go as far as to say that he loves your son dearly and I can tell it's killing him right now about Ryota."

It's silent on the other line when a sigh is heard on the other line. "Alright.....I'll trust your decision. We'll start packing now, I'll see you two soon."

Sighing in relief, I nod. "See you." Hanging up and I turn to Atobe and see him still look out the window in pain.

'We better get there soon. For both Ryota and Atobe....'

Akashi's POV

Watching the scenery pass by, the limo finally rolls to a stop in front of the Echizen's house. Glancing at Atobe, I watch as he continues to look out the window. "I'll be right back." I whisper quietly, waiting for the butler, by the name of Jamenson, to open the door. Stepping out, I walk up the stairs to the front door. Hesitating, I reach up and knock on the door curtly. Waiting a few minutes, I hear footsteps on the other side, only for the door to open immediately thereafter.

"Yunoto." Nanjiroh greets, his voice tired. His disheveled appearance quite shocking. Instead of the usual monk outfit, he has on a plain blue t-shirt and black jeans. To anyone else, it would have seemed normal, but after knowing the family for quite some time I could tell that Ryota's accident was really eating them up. "Let me just bring the bags down and we can leave." After receiving a nod from me, he turns and heads back inside, his wife taking his place.

From the teary eyes and flushed cheeks, I could tell that Rinko was handling the news badly. "Yunoto..." She whispered tearfully, obviously struggling to not cry. Sniffling myself, I hold my arms out to her, only for her to sob against my shoulder. Hugging her tightly, I whisper reassurances in her ear. I don't know how long we stood there, but by the time Nanjiroh came out with the bags Rinko had calmed sufficiently. Reaching out, I help Nanjiroh with the bags and escort them to the limo. "We brought a bag for you two deary," Rinko started, giving me a teary smile. "We figured you and Ryoma would have the same clothe size."

Nodding, I give them a weak smile. "Thank you, Atobe and I just came from school to pick you two up." Shaking my head a bit, I hand the luggage to Jamenson. "I'm really worried for him right now, he hasn't said a word since we got in the limo, other then to tell me to call you two." Glancing at them, I give them a worried look. "Please don't bring up what happened that night in front of him, he's still beating himself up over it." Glancing at the limo to make sure that Atobe is still looking out the window on the other side, I continue. "I'll explain everything once we're alone, but please know that Atobe did everything to help Ryota." Judging by the look on their faces, I could tell that they couldn't believe what they were hearing. Waiting until they nod, I turn and open the limo door while stepping in.

Once we were all settled in the limo, we take off to the airport. Although the Echizens and I were discussing the possibility of bringing their sons home, not once did Atobe look or speak to us. It was as if the world outside the window held all the answers to the problem at hand. Believe it or not, I'm actually worried about his well being. Not once did he let it show what he was feeling at the time, he just sat there in his own little world. I hated it.

Entering the airport, the limo made its way to a lone jet with works doing a check over. Following Atobe's lead, we all followed him out of the limo. Raising his hand, the purple haired man snapped his fingers and Jamenson was immediately at his side. "Please load the jet with their luggage, Jamenson. We have no time to waste." He instructed, never breaking stride up the stairs.

Stopping at the bottom, his butler bowed. "Of course, Young Master."

Leaving their bags with Jamenson, the Echizen's followed Atobe's lead, me following right behind him. Stepping onto the plane, I was met with the mouth watering aroma of coffee and some sort of pasta. A flight attendant and the two pilots greeted us as the entrance with a nod. Walking past them, I find myself in the middle of the seating area, plush leather seats aligned along the wall, a table next to each one with a window on the other side. Sitting up front was Atobe, already seated with a cup of coffee placed in front of him, staring out the window of course. Watching as the Echizens seat themselves on the other side of the plane, I make sure that they seem comfortable before making my way over to them.

Sitting down next to them, I see that they're ready to hear to the story behind all of this. Taking a deep breath, I relax in my seat while gazing at the floor with unfocused eyes.

"Let's begin."

--TIME SKIP--

Sitting there, I watch with a baited breath as they processed the information. By the look of shock on their faces, I could tell that they couldn't believe what just occurred. Glancing at Atobe, I see him looking down at his phone, not doing anything but just looking at it. Deciding that I should let the Echizens think about what happened, I get up and make my over to Atobe.

Seating myself next to him, I glance over his shoulder to see a picture of Ryota and him smiling at the park. Feeling my heart break at the thought of Atobe just staring at it, I look up to see him so distraught. His eyebrows furrowed together while his lips were turned into a frown. Looking at me, Atobe gives me a weak smile. "What am I doing....?" Shaking his head, he sighs and lifts hand up to dig his palm in against his eye. "I thought I was helping him by doing this. But I only ended up hurting him even more. I intentionally hurt the man of dreams just because of some stupid thing that Yukimura said...." Sighing, he drops his hand and lets his head rest against the chair. "What if he doesn't forgive me...." Scoffing, Atobe shakes his head and squeezes his eyes shut tight. "No....I don't deserve to be forgiven...."

Frozen in my seat, I stare at him in shock. I knew Atobe was in shock over Ryota's accident, but to hear him say something like this must have really beaten him up. "Atobe...." Snapping out of it, I frown and hesitate. Deciding on what to do, I reach out and hold his hand tightly. I could tell he was shocked by the look on his face and his shoulders all tense. "You told me that you just wanted the best for Ryota I'll be honest and admit that what you did probably wasn't the best choice, but you love him still the same." Shaking my head, I nod my head to the picture on his phone. "If you tell him that, there's no doubt about it that he'll forgive you."

Staring at me in shock, I see the guilt in his eyes lessen, not by a lot, but enough for him to cope until he talks to Ryota. I don't know how long we stayed this way, but before we knew it the jet was landing with the pilot thanking us for letting them fly us. Squeezing his hand one more time, I stand up and wait for him to lead us off of the jet. After thanking the pilot, we get in the limo. Looking outside, it must have been late at the night here, probably three in the morning judging from the last time I talked to Ryoma.

Sighing, I stare out the window as the lights passed by in a hazy blur. After what seemed like forever, we finally made it to the hospital. Rushing inside, we make our way to the receptionist desk for Nanjiroh to ask for Ryota's room number. After finding out, we take the elevator to the floor and walk down the hallway, the scene of sterilizer in the air. We finally see Ryoga standing outside the door, talking to the doctor.

"Ryoga..." Nanjiroh calls out.

Turning around, Ryoga looks over and gives Nanjiroh and Rinko a relieved look. "Mom, dad..."

Rushing up to him, Nanjiroh gives his son a hug. "You've done so much," Pulling back, he gives him a smile, "we'll handle it from here, alright?"

Nodding tiredly, Ryoga sighs and lets his shoulders slump. He glances at Atobe and nods to him, surprisingly calm. "I heard about what happened, although I don't think it was the best, I still appreciate that you tried to support him." Glancing at Atobe, I'm relieved to see the guilt in his eyes lessen even more.

The doctor clears their throat and reaches a hand out to Nanjiroh. "Hello, I take it you're Ryota Echizen's father?"

Nodding his head, Nanjiroh shakes his hand. "Yes, how is my son?"

Sighing, which was never a good sign from a doctor, he adjusts his clipboard. "Well, sir. I have good news and bad news, your son has a few lacerations on his arms, along with one of them broken, but they will heal in time. The bad news is that due to the impact of the accident, your son has partial paralysis in his legs." Grimacing, he continues on. "I'm afraid that there's a possibility that your son will not be able to walk again...."

My eyes going wide, I stare at him in shock. I knew that the accident had been bad, but to not be able to walk again was just horrible. The hallway was filled with heavy silence, the situation finally settling in. It wasn't until Ryoga broke the silence that everyone seemed to snap out of it.

"Akashi," Turning to him, I see Ryoga gesturing to the room, "Ryoma's in there with Ryota if you want to talk to him. I'm sure it will make him feel better to know you're here."

Nodding, I turn and reach out and open the door. Peeking my head in, what I see breaks my heart. Next to the sleeping form of Ryota, with multiple IV's hooked up to him, is my beloved Ryoma sitting in his chair. His slumped form tells me that he's close to his breaking point, his messed up hair and clothes do no better for my view of him. Closing the door behind me quietly, I make my way over to his side to see Ryoma's eyes shut. Smiling softly, I pick up a nearby chair and place it on the floor next to him, being sure to not disturb either of the brothers. Sitting down, I reach out and stroke his hair gently, missing the touch of my Ryoma.

Watching as he furrows his eyebrows a bit, his eyelids flutter a bit before opening them slightly. Smiling down at his sleepy state, I wait until the sleepy haze leaves his eyes to talk. "Hey, sweetie." I whisper gently.

Smiling weakly, Ryoma reaches up and wraps his arms around my neck. "Akashi, what are you doing here?" He whispers, pulling himself up to give me a hug.

Burying my face against his neck, I breath in his scent, missing the feel of my boyfriend. "Atobe gave your family and I a ride here after I got your call." Kissing his temple gently, I whisper in his ear quietly. "We just got the news on Ryota....I'm so sorry sweetie."

Feeling him sob against my shoulder, I hold him to me tightly. "I just want this nightmare to end." He whispered against my neck.

Nodding my head, I whisper in his ear quietly. "I know, baby, I know." Kissing his temple gently, we stay like this until the door opens, revealing Nanjiroh and Rinko.

Looking up, I nod to the two of them as Ryoma continues to cry softly. "Why don't you two head to the hotel?" Nanjiroh suggested. "Ryoga will take you two there, you three need to rest more than any of us."

Agreeing, I whisper in Ryoma's ear about us heading out. Once he nods, I grab his coat on the back of the chair and help him put it on. Standing up, I nod to the two of them as we make our way out of the room. Sitting outside of the room is Ryoga and Atobe, both sitting in comfortable silence. Glancing up, Ryoga nods to us and stands up himself. "You two ready to go?"

"Yeah." I whisper softly, still holding Ryoma against my side. Turning to Atobe, I gesture to the door. "I think it would do you good to go see him."

Shaking his head, Atobe sighs and rubs his hands together. "No...I'm going to let Nanjiroh and Rinko see Ryota in peace for a bit."

Nodding my head, I walk up to him and pat him on the shoulder. "Just remember, Ryota would want you here too."

Leaving him with that, the three of us make our way out of the hospital and to the hotel.

Atobe's POV

I don't know how long I sat outside the room, but it did give me enough time to process what was going on. This whole time, my mind was in a haze, although I tried to seem capable on the outside, my inner turmoil was eating me alive. I refused to allow myself to feel anything during this entire time, choosing to focus on getting to Ryota's side as soon as possible. After hearing about Ryota possibly not walking again, a pain so fierce settled itself in my chest. I had pushed Ryota to come here, pushed him away so he could pursue his career. But all he ended up with was a broken heart and a broken body.

Wincing, I sighed and let my head hit the wall behind me. 'I don't deserve to be forgiven...'

I'm snapped out of my stupor when the door opens, both Nanjiroh and Rinko exiting the room. Looking up, I stand up and watch as Nanjiroh nods to me. "We're just going down the cafeteria for some coffee. we haven't slept in what feels like ages." Hesitating bit, he continues. "We'll bring you a cup of coffee when we get back, could you just watch Ryota while we're gone?"

Shocked that they would trust me with their son, after everything, I glance at their faces to see complete trust in their eyes. Feeling warmth wash over me, I nod quickly. "Of course, take all the time you need."

Nodding their appreciation, the two make their way down the hallway. Turning around, I face the door and hesitate in opening it. Reaching out, I turn the knob and enter quietly.

What I see makes me die a bit on the inside.

Closing the door behind me, I take hesitant steps to Ryota's bedside. Feeling tears swell up in my eyes, I finally let myself go. Sobbing quietly, I fall to my knees at his bedside and hold onto the bed sheets while resting my forehead against the bed. "I'm so sorry..." I let out a broken sob. "I didn't mean for this to happen...I felt like I was holding you back from your talents, I just couldn't stand the thought of me being the one to hold you back." Shaking my head, my sobs rack my body as I struggle to form words of anointment. "I never meant anything I said! I love you so much, Ryota. So, so much. It killed me when I had to make up those lies, I thought that what I was doing was right, that I was supporting you in my own fucked up way...!" Biting my lip I struggle to talk through my sobs. "I'll never do it again, I'll be honest from now on....I'll never hurt you again, I'll do anything it takes to have you back in my life...." Calming down a bit, I tremble in exhaustion of letting the past 24 hours of emotion go. "Even if you can't forgive me....I'll still love you..."

Tears still sliding down my cheeks, I fail to notice the rustling of bed sheets until a hand holds onto mine tightly. "...Atobe?"

Shocked, I lift my head up immediately and stare wide eyed at the love of my life.

"Ryota?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1.9K 44
Tezuka and I were arranged to be married at a very young age. We were only in middle school. I didn't think I could afford to love anyone due to my c...
6.9K 169 6
Previously Ikuzo, Temera! Ryomen Sukuna x Fem!Reader On the surface, Ryomen Sukuna might just be your regular bad boy with big ego who didn't care fo...
35.4K 989 14
Ryoma went missing right after the National and now appear again only to be different not to mention didn't contact any of his friends and teammates...
325K 7K 63
Everyone was shocked to see Ryoma Echizen hugging a girl they saw for the first time. The senpais are excited to hear who she is and how did she beco...