The Story Of Renee

By KaycKior

Arrested for attempted murder Renée Woods spent 6months in prison then was let out on parol and sentenced to... More

Story of my life
Chapter One (EDITING)
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
side note
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty Two
The End

Chapter Twenty

1.2K 51 2
By KaycKior

Renée

Everything happened so fast. One second he was fine then the next he was in critical condition. After Alex passed out it took us ten minutes to reach the hospital, by then he had lost a lot of blood. Rushing him into the hospital the doctors automatically rushed him into surgery. I followed him as far as they would let me go, then watched them push him through the double doors towards the back. Crying I feel to my knees.

I can't lose him, I just couldn't lose him. I would never be able to forgive myself. How would I even explain something like this to Alexis, her daddy is her everything and I would be the cause of the effect this would have on her. I cried all night long screaming and hoping that he would be OK. Nene and Roc tried to calm down me but it wasn't working if anything it just made things worse. It was as if someone had ripped my heart clean out my chest. This feeling was unbearable, and I didn't want to feel it anymore. I just wanted to go to sleep and wake up and see that none of this happened. As if it was all some fucked up dream.

"Nene......Nene baby wake up." Weakly, my eyes fluttered open to see Jenaé hovering over me gently trying to wake me. "Were's Alex?" I croaked and she sighed. "He just got out of surgery but he's not awake. His dad and Alexis got here about a hour ago, their in there with him now." She informed me. "What time is it?" "Its Seven A.M. You've only been sleep for two hours." She said and I nodded my head. Standing up everything seemed to spin and my eyes were barley open because they were swollen from all the crying I had been doing.

"I have to see Alex. What room is he in?" I said and Jenaé looked at me with concern. "I think you should go home and rest before you go see him Ne." I shook my head "No I needa see him now. Right now! RIGHT NOW!" I said getting rowdy and she quickly nodded her head rubbing circles in my back in attempt to calm me. "Okay, okay just relax. He's in room 1303. I'll take you there." She said and I nodded.

When we reached Alex's room, I could hear the faint sniffles from behind the door and my heart went straight to aching. I entered the room and Alexis's blood shot eyes darted towards me. She seemed relieved by my presence and jumped up at the sight of me, running straight into my arms releasing all her pain and sadness. I held her as she cried into my shoulder, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck as if her life depended on it. "Shhh, it's going to be okay. Your daddy is a fighter." I said reassuringly and she just continued to cry. I picked her up and walked over to her grandfather. Looking into his eyes I could tell he had been crying also. I sat down next to him, Alexis still in my arms but at this point her cries had quieted. I grabbed a hold of Mr.Thomas's hand and squeezed lightly letting him know I was here for them.

"They don't know if he's going to wake up. He lost a lot of blood, the doctor should be here to give us more information." He whispered. "What if he never wakes up Renée?" He continued and I felt my heart skip a beat. This man was aching because of my problems. I knew it was bad to get Alex involved and I involved him anyways. "He'll wake Mr. Thomas, Alex was never the type to stray away from a battle and this is just another one of his many fights that he will win." I said trying to stay as positive as possible. Mr. Thomas nodded and wiped his eyes of the tears that had fallen. Looking over at Alex I felt my bottle of emotions ready to spill over again. Here I was trying to console his family and I couldn't even keep it together.

I felt tears at the brim of my eyes as I fought to keep cool in front of Alexis and Mr. Thomas. I guess he noticed because he grabbed the hand I had in his and cuffed it between both of his hands. "It's okay. Let it go, you don't have to pretend for us." He told me and as if on cue the tears began flowing as I silently cried. We stayed like that for about ten minutes before the doctor walked in.

"Hello, I'm sorry to interrupt but I have the x-rays to show you for Alexander." He said and I nodded. He walked over to me and Mr. Thomas and showed us the pictures of Alex's spinal cord. "Looking at the X-ray here you can see that the bullet lodge it's self in the side of his spine. It entered from his right side in the lower region of his back getting caught between fragments of his spinal cord. There is a possibility that he could fully recover from this because there was no major damage to his nervous system, but there is also a chance that he may never walk again. Because of the way the bullet entered him and got stuck we felt it was best to leave it in giving him a fighting chance to walk again. But all in all his surgery went well so we do not anticipate him on being in a coma for long. At this point it all depends on him. But I do believe he will wake up soon, he's a fighter because when he got here he had lost more than enough blood to cause heart failure and his main organ systems to shut down due to the lack of oxygen entering his body.. He should be dead right now, but he's not. Just be patient I truly believe with everything in me that he'll be fine." The Doctor said to us and I smiled weakly at him as Mr. Thomas thanked him for his help.

After he left I could hear Alexis snoring lightly as her head rested on my shoulder. Getting up I laid her down on the long couch beside Alex's bed and used one of the spare blankets in the room to cover her up. "Can you watch her for a minute please? I need some fresh air and coffee, this shit is getting to me." Mr. Thomas asked and I nodded my head yes letting him know it was okay. As soon as he left the room I made my way over to Alex's bedside and stared at him watching his chest rise and fall naturally. He didn't look like himself. His face was pale and he had a oxygen mask over it to help him breathe, he wasn't laughing or smiling or saying stupid things. He just laid there, his body seeming lifeless. "Alex I know you're in there and I know you will get through this. I just know you will. You have to." I said whispering the last part. I don't know how long he'll be like this but I do know one thing for sure and two things certain. I was in love with this man and I refused to let him go.

3 month later

"Alexis come on baby you gotta hurry or your going to be late!" I warned Alexis and she came running around the corner with her backpack in tow. "I'm ready I just had to find my book, Today is D.E.A.R." She said and I scrunched my face up in confusion. "What is dear?" I asked her and she sighed. "D.E.A.R means Drop Everything And Read. Its when we drop everything and read anything we want for one whole hour." She informed me and I laughed. "Ohhh okay, I get it. Well lets go so you're not late for school." I told her and she followed me out the house.

Alexis has been staying with me since Alex's accident. He's been in a coma for three months now and he's not showing any signs of waking up. The only reason we know he's still alive is because of his brain activity and his body is able to breathe on it's on now. I volunteered to take Alexis in until Alex get's better because her grandpa fell into depression. Alex's situation reminded him to much of his late wife's death.

"Renée?" I heard Alexis tiny voice call out from the back seat. "Yes hun?" "Do you think my daddy is ever going to wake up?" She questioned and I remained silent. Not knowing how to answer her so I just said what I believed. "Yes honey I do think he is. Your daddy is a strong man and he loves you to much to sleep through your life." I told her and she smiled and nodded accepting my answer. I sighed and was relieved that she accepted my answer and didn't ask another question. It's been really hard trying to answer all her questions like that. It's like some days she'll be alright and you wouldn't even be able to tell that she missed her daddy then she would have those days were she would question everything and every time we went to visit Alex in the hospital she cried. It hurt me to see her go through this, no child should have to see their parent like that.

"Have a nice day in school hun." I called after Alexis as she was exiting the car. "Bye Renée. I love you!" She said and slammed the door shut before I could respond. My heart swelled up with joy. She said she loved me. I know that may seem simple but those three little words coming from that little girl meant the world to me and it was the first time she's ever said that to me. She just made my day.

After I dropped Alexis off I headed over to the court house. I had an appeal to show up to court because of my failure to attend therapy for one month.

A couple days after the whole Alex thing I decided to go back to therapy to release all my bottled up emotions I know, I know, Renee how could you be so dumb? At the moment I wasn't thinking I just wanted to vent. And it may sound crazy or stupid but Dr. Quimby was the first person to come to mind. I trusted her and knew she would make me feel as if the weight of the world would be lifted off my shoulders, but when I got there Dr. Quimby had to report me to authority's because there was a warrant out for my arrest which landed me three nights in jail until my bail was posted and of course I was bonded out by Nae.

Ever since then I've appeared in court three times already and today would be my fourth and last time because today the judge will decide weather or not he wants to throw my rebellious ass in prison.

Walking into the court house, I approached my court room only to see my sister and Roc waiting by the doors, they were waiting on me.

"Why are you guys here?" I questioned. "For support duhh, why else would we be here?" Nae said sarcastically and I laughed while rolling my eyes. "No seriously like, If I get convicted today I don't want you guys to be here or see me like that." I said seriously. "Well, to be honest I don't care about what you want. I told you I was down with you and I didn't just mean for that situation. Your my sister and I'll be by your side when ever you need me even when you don't want me there I'll be there." She said sincerely and I felt my eyes water a little. Which may sound like an exaggeration but her telling me that really means a lot. People just been making my day left and right.

"Thank you sis that means a lot." I said hugging her. "Well now that I know why your here. Roc why are you here?" I said with a hint of humor in my voice and he smiled shyly. "To support my best-est friend ever." He said child like causing me to laugh. "What ever. I know you only here to be with Nae." I said trying to sound hurt and he laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of his head.

Roc and Jenaé have been messing around lately. Going out on dates, having movie nights, he slept over a couple times, and she introduced him to uncle Tom. Well that happened accidentally because they were out together and ran into him. But still he met him which is major. They grind my soul though because they only title their relationship as being "just friends" but I know and they know it's wayyyy more than just that.

"Come on criminal your gonna be late for court." Roc said trying to change the subject like nobody would catch on. "Mhmm, lets go." I replied, letting him get away with it this time.

When we entered the court room, Nae and Roc sat in the row of seats behind me and I took my seat next to my attorney Lisa Reyehns.

"Good morning Lisa." I greeted. "Morning dear. Did you go over what I gave you." She asked and I nodded my head. "Great, today the judge will mention all the therapy sessions you did attend and the progress you made while going to them. Also I spoke with Dr. Quimby and she said that she put in a good word for you, because although you guys did start off on the wrong foot she genuinely likes you and thinks you have potential." Lisa explained and I smiled, I knew I liked that women for a reason.

"Don't smile just yet. Her doing that does not guarantee the judge will rule in your favor. Oh! Did you bring that note from your ex-husband. That will really put it over the top and get the judge on your side. Mainly because the note gives you a probable cause for missing therapy. You can tell him you felt as if your life was in serious danger and you did not feel safe reporting the problem to the authorities." Lisa said I nodded my head. "Okay, I understand." I pulled the note out and handed it to her and she sighed in relief. "I really wish you would have brought this to my attention when we first met, I probably would have had your case closed by now." She said and I simply shrugged my shoulders. "I was scared." I lied.

The truth is I didn't present the letter because I didn't want to give the police any reason to go on a man hunt for a dead man, which could potentially point fingers back at me if they were to find out he was dead. Even now, knowing I could be locked away for life I still didn't present the letter. Dr. Quimby mentioned it in her police report. She told them that I stopped coming to therapy after I told her about a threatening letter. I know she was doing what she thought was best and being a law abiding citizen, but I really wish she would've never mentioned that and I can't help but feel betrayed because she told me everything I tell her is confidential.

"All rise honorable judge Griffin presiding!" The bailiff announced. We all stood in respect for the judge and took our seats the same time he did. Judge Griffin banged his gavel and resumed court. "Mrs. Reyehns present your case."

Court lasted almost two hours before the judge was ready to make his final decision.

"I have gone over all the evidence presented to me and had a personal conversation with Ms. Woods therapist Dr. Quimby and she does state that you mentioned the threatening letter you received but did not go into the extent of the dangers it could possibly bring. Dr. Quimby does feel that you made progress in the time you were there so with this said I order you to complete your three month order to attend therapy with an added four months and instead of going three times a week every week you will go five times a week every other week and your session must be at least three hours long. Also I will issue an arrest warrant for Deondre Jones for threat and endangerment of human life." The judge said and I shook my head. I really hope this shit don't blow up in my face. Again.

Judge Griffin looked up from the papers he was staring at and gave me a stern look. "Ms. Woods you step out of line again and miss anymore sessions I promise you I will have your ass locked up so quick and sent back to the Pit you won't even know what hit you. Do you understand?" Judge Griffin stated coldly and I nodded my head. "Yes your honor." He nodded his head accepting my response. "Good, with that said court dismissed I hope to never see you again Renée." He said then banged his gavel and stood to exit the court room.

I sighed in relief that this was done and over with but now that there was a warrant out for Dre's arrest, I don't know whats to come of that situation. I looked over at Lisa and smiled big. She really helped me on this one. "Thank you sooo much Lisa. Honestly you are amazing." I said honestly and she smiled. "No problem dear, be sure you go pay your court fees. Monday morning be in my office and we will discuss payment." She said and I smiled as we shook hands. "No problem, again thank you." Lisa smiled and collected the rest of her things before exiting the court room. I walked over to my sister and Roc pulling them both into a gigantic group hug. "Let's go please, the court house brings back horrible memories." Roc said humorously making me and Nae laugh.

"Sounds pretty good to me, let's go out to eat, I'm low key starving!" I complained and Nae rolled her eyes and mumbled fat ass under her breath. "Everything on me?" "Oh hell yes! I'm down lets go right now." Jenaé said walking towards the exit and I laughed. "Who's the fat ass now!"

After a thirty minute argument in the parking lot we all agreed to eat at Outback steak house.

"Hello welcome to Outback. My name is Bethany and if you would follow me, I'll gladly show you to your table." A perky blonde said. She escorted us to a booth in far right of the restaurant allowing us all to take our seats. Roc and Nae sat on one side and I sat across from them. The waitress gave us each a menu, and walked away giving us a minute to order. "Aww look at y'all all cute and shit." I said mocking Roc and Nae. They looked up at me confused at my comment. "Girl what are you talking about?" Nae questioned. I laughed "I'm talking about you two. All naturally cuddled up over the menu and don't even realize it." I said pointing out the obvious and Nae blushed. It's funny to me because they always do that as if it was apart of their nature to cuddle up to each other and be lost in the others presence. It was actually really cute.

Roc cleared his throat to rid Nae of her embarrassment. "Um ion know about y'all but I'm ready to order." He said rubbing his hands together and I laughed then called the waitress over.

After lunch Nae went home with me because Roc got a phone call and needed to handle some business. "Soo when are you and Roc going to make it official and get together?" Nae blushed. "I have no idea what your talking about Renée. Me and Roc are just friends." She said innocently and I rolled my eyes at her. "Girl please there is undeniable chemistry between the two of you and I just don't understand why you don't just embrace and accept it." I said. Nae sighed. "Ok, and so what if there is? Sometimes that's not enough for a relationship to start and be successful. Me and Roc both have a lot of personal issues to work through so were just taking it slow okay." I nodded my head. "OK I guess that's understandable. Y'all love birds just don't take to long to get together. Okay?" I said to her in my grandma voice and she laughed.

Her laughter was cut short my the sound of my ringing phone. Not recognizing the caller I picked up anyways.

"Hello?"

"......."

"Are you serious!?"

"......................"

"Ok, ok I'm on my way."

Smiling I hung up the phone. "Who was that?" Nae questioned. I felt my eyes tear up as a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I had almost giving up faith that this day would come. I was so close to getting on my knees to beg the lord please. "Nene why are you crying? Who was that on the phone?" Nae asked me again with more concern in her voice this time. Wiping my eyes I ran to the back into my bedroom to grab my keys and purse then ran back to the front door ready to go. "Nene! Who da fuck was that on the phone!" Nae yelled at me. For some reason I thought the bitch could read my mind and already knew what was going on.

"Alex woke up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 219 31
Growing up in a strict religious household, Aaliyah Jackson knew she would have a rude awakening on her 18th birthday. Knowing so, she got job, two...
2.9K 147 22
Nyla has been through so much trauma in her life that it cannot be explained in one sentence. More is added when she meets an unstable Monte, who bec...
3M 77.3K 39
Renee Griffin is gorgeous, loveable, undeniably popular, and has an uncanny ability of getting everything she wants. She is a cunning seductress, a l...
759K 34.4K 90
Sire Sekhani Sutherland a.k.a "Cube" Sibyl Esteri Chambers a.k.a "Star" Read and find out. Began: 11/16/21