Love could be that strong #Yo...

By Granger08

Meet Madhu and Khushi, two friends who are more like sisters. Being completely opposite of each other they so... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Rishbala one shots
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Rant!!!
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
One-Shot
Chapter 28
SUPER DOOPER TWIST!!!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Important

Chapter 35

8.4K 450 24
By Granger08

*Unedited*

Madhu felt as if she had been hit by lightning, twice. Rishab Kundra was standing there in front of her. She had rubbed off what happened yesterday as a mere coincidence but now today he was again in front of her again.

Rishab smiled inwardly at the twisted game of fate. This morning he woke up to his sister screaming at her son. When inquired, he found out that Kush had not returned his fancy dress costume (which according to his sister was 'stealing'). So he offered to take it back and apologize to the person in charge. And he thought he would use his taciturn yet charming communication skills to smooth out things if they went out of hand. Who knew that his talks had an effect on anyone but that one particular person?

Kush wondered if this was the way two grownups react when they meet for the first time. Well, his so anticipated meeting with Honey and Pooh was so not going the way he wanted it to be. So he finally decided to break the silence and tugged on Rishab's hand.

Kush: (To Rishab) Mumma says it's rude. Say hello.

Rishab: (Scratching back of his neck) Uhmm......Hi.

How cute, was the single thought in Madhu's mind? Rishab was standing there with a clueless expression on his face. Who knew the 'superstar' was scared of a child? Oh just snap out of it!!  

Madhu: (Clears throat) Good morning Mr. Kundra.

Kush: Hey honey!!

Madhu: Hello Kush.

Rishab was so jealous of Kush right now. His Madhu was hugging Kush but not him. Wait. his Madhu?

Kush: I am sorry Honey. I forgot to return my costume. (Looks at ground) I am a bad boy, right?

Madhu: Aww Kush. (Hugs him) You know stealing something is not good. But you have apologized and that makes you brave. And no you're not a bad boy. You're my brave guy.

Kush: (Beams at her) Really? 

Madhu: (Laughs) Of course!!

Kush: No honey!!! I am a bad boy. They are sexy. (Turns to Rishab) Right, Pooh?

Madhu gasped and turned towards Rishab. Rishab looked at the ground and shuffled his feet. Seven years and she still had an effect on him. He then turned to Kush and asked him to go back to their car. Their trusted Chauffeur-bodyguard was with them, so he wasn't worried about his safety.

Once Madhu realized that they were alone in the room, she quickly turned towards her work ignoring her past standing in the room. But Rishab had enough of it.  

Rishab: Madhu.

Madhu: I am sorry Mr. Kundra I am a little bit preoccupied.

Madhu started to move out of the room but felt a pair of arms pulling her back and pinning her to the wall. She felt her heartbeat drop when she felt an intimidating presence close to her, too close for her liking. She craned her neck upwards and found a furious-looking Rishab. His eyes held betrayal, anger, hurt and immense love. He kept staring at her as if he was afraid that he'll blink and she would be gone. But she stopped struggling against him when she realized that he was too strong compared to her.

Madhu : (Sighs) Is there anything that you need Mr. Kundra?

Rishab: Yes.You.

Madhu stared at him. Was he serious? Oh, come on. Why would he ever want a middle-class girl like her? He proved it years ago when he left her for Dipali.

Rishab: We need to talk.

Madhu: Then speak but if it's about seven years back then I am not interested.

Rishab: (Tightens his grip on her) But I am. Where were you Madhu!? Do you know how crazy I went after I couldn't find you? I searched everywhere!!! EVERYWHERE Madhu!!

Madhu: Maybe you never wanted to find me. Look, everything has changed. It's better if you don't come here again.

Rishab brought her closer and lightly brushed his lips on her earlobe. Madhu was thankful that he was holding her by her waist or she would be on the floor by now. She mentally hurled all the abuses at him but a small part of her heart was beating wildly. Just a small part, a part carved for his touch.

Rishab: (Whisper) Trust me Madhubala, I won't come to you. But you will. It's in your habit to run away. But I don't and not from something that's mine. This flame between us won't die down so easily.

He then let go of her but not before slowly caressing her waist. He winked at her and left. Madhu felt a shiver run down her spine. He still had that effect on her.

Khushi reached the office a little early. Soon she was greeted by another girl who she assumed to be the receptionist. She introduced herself as Sneha and gave her a file. 

Sneha: This is your job contract. Please read carefully and sign.

Khushi sat down and started to read the terms and conditions but she got bored only after three lines and readily signed the documents.

Sneha: But ma'am you should have read it once.

Khushi: Oh no problem. Any place will be better than that laad governor's office.

Sneha: Excuse me?

Khushi: I am sorry. It's just my previous boss was horrible. So I am ready to take this offer no matter how much it demands.

Sneha: Oh. But let me remind you that even our sir is very strict. Anyway, you go to the boss's cabin on the tenth floor.

Khushi nodded and quickly rushed to the boss's cabin. Just before entering the cabin she smoothed out the wrinkles on her skirt and took a deep breath.

Khushi: May I come in sir?

Come in.

For a moment she thought she knew this voice but then shrugged it off. She pushed open the door only to come face to face with the biggest shock of her life. Arnav was sitting on a chair talking to some employees.

Khushi: YOU!!

Everyone was shocked at Khushi's behavior except for Arnav who was rather amused. He was expecting the ever-dramatic Khushi Kumari Gupta to make a grand entrance.

Khushi: YOU CREEP!!! HOW DARE YOU FOLLOW ME!! What are you doing here? And may I know why are you sitting on ASR's chair?

Arnav : (Raises an eyebrow) Excuse me?

Khushi: God!! I have never seen someone like you!! I specifically told you I was sorry and that I will soon gonna pay for the damage I caused to your car. 

Arnav: What the.......

Khushi: (Cutting him off) FUDGE!! Yes, fudge!! You may be king at your home and office but I am Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Khushi looked around and found people staring at her with pale shocked faces. What was wrong with them? How come they allowed anyone to sit on their boss's chair?

Arnav: Everyone. Please leave.

His dead cold voice and icy glare were enough to send people scattering away. Soon Arnav and Khushi were left alone in the room.

Arnav: You listen to me very carefully. For the first and last time, this is MY office. And I don't like anyone talking to me in this tone. 

Khushi: B-but this is ASR's office.

Arnav: A for Arnav. S for Singh. And i hope you know what S stands for.

Khushi: (With wide eyes) R-r-raizada?

Arnav: (Smirks) Smart. Now get back to work.

Khushi: Work? What work?

Arnav: I hope you remember signing a contract downstairs.

Khushi: Yes but I didn't even read it completely!!

Arnav: Same old reckless Khushi.

Khushi: You can't do this to me.

Arnav: I can and that contract states that you are my personal secretary.

Khushi: WHAT?

Arnav: So get to the work.

Khushi: I quit.

Arnav: Okay.

Khushi: Okay? You're letting me go so easily.

Arnav: Trust me Khushi, I never would've let you go so easily.

Khushi understood the meaning behind his words and quickly looked away. She started towards the door when she heard him calling her.

Arnav: Oh and Miss Gupta. Please drop off your cheque by tomorrow.

Khushi: Check?

Arnav: Yes. Twenty-five Lakh.

Khushi: WHAT!??

Arnav: The contract stated that you would have to pay twenty-five lakh if you wanted to leave before six months.

Arnav went back to his work leaving a gaping Khushi standing there. A few minutes later he heard her clear her throat.

What can I do for you, sir?

Oh, that honey-dipped sarcasm. Let the game begin, he mused.

Author's Note: VOTE.COMMENT.LOVE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 8.2K 28
#28 in Short story- 10Sep2K17 A collection of unconnected one shots on the backdrop of Arnav and Khushi from the famous drama Iss Pyar Ko Kya Naam Do...
159K 7.1K 38
Arnav and Khushi were together for a while, in the story of their Lives.She had loved him with all her heart, and he had cared too.However, back then...
591K 30.3K 67
Khushi Kumari Gupta is a small-town girl who is content with her life and happy finding the small joys life has to offer her. A chance encounter with...
101K 10.3K 33
#Standalone... Two Childhood Friends and their journey towards love.. The Journey of finding each other.. A cute, romantic, sweet and SIMPLE love sto...