My Journey ***COMPLETED*...

By XJasmineSamX16

My name is Jordyn Evander. I'm leaving home at the age of 16 to start My Journey. Along the way I meet Ryan S... More

September 6, 2010
September 7, 2010
September 8, 2010
September 9, 2010
Septmeber 10, 2010
September 17, 2010
September 18, 2010
September 19, 2010
September 24, 2010
September 25, 2010
September 27, 2010
October 15, 2010
October 16, 2010
October 18, 2010
November 25, 2010

September 26, 2010

728 6 0
By XJasmineSamX16

*heavy sigh* I wish I could say that I feel better, but, I don’t…….

I woke up this morning at the same time as Ryan, 10:00. “Can you help me with something if you’re uncomfortable, you can go get Shane…”

“What do you need help with?

“I have to go to the bathroom… I only need help getting up and walking….”

I laughed, “of course I can help you.”

The only thing sticking out of him now was the iv, so it was all good. I got out of bed and walked to the other side. He swung his legs towards the edge and sat up. I put my arm around his waist while he put his around my shoulders. With some effort, we stood up. It was surprisingly easy to support his weight.

We walked to the bathroom with him leaning on me even though it was his chest that was hit. It was still a bitch to walk even now. And I’m proud to say that neither of us felt awkward at all…

When he finished, we walked back to the bed just at simply as before. He sat down and there was a knock on the door. It opened and Dr. Martin walked in.

“Good morning, how are you?” He asked.

“Good, just going to the bathroom.”

‘Good, I’m glad you are up and about.”

“Yeah.”

I helped him lay down, “let me take a look.”

“What’s the verdict?”

“Are you ready for surgery?”

“Yeah, totally.”

“Alright, I’m going to go get my things, I’ll be back in an hour or so. Please take a shower, both of you. And I’ll be back.”

“Kay, cool,” he smiled. The doctor stood up, patted his shoulder and walked out. Ryan took my hand and looked at me. I rubbed circles on the back of his hand. He closed his eyes and spoke softly, “don’t let them cut a huge hole in me. Just take it out of the hole that’s already there. Please.” He opened his eyes. They were glistening with tears that he wouldn’t let fall. “Promise me? Please?”

I smiled a small tear in my eye that I wouldn’t let fall. “I promise. Of course.”

“Thank you. I love you.” He smiled.

“You’re welcome. I love you too.”

“Help me? I wanna shower.”

“Yeah. Can you stand in the shower?”

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.”

“Kay. Oh!” he looked at me funny. I laughed and helped him stand. “Before I forget, I talked to Jesse last night and he was wondering if he could come visit.”

“Yeah, of course. After my surgery I think….”

“Yeah.”

I got him into the bathroom. When he could stand by himself, I shut the door, picked up my phone and called Jesse. “Hey Jordyn, how’s Ryan?”

“Good, he’s taking a shower.”

“That’s good.”

“Yeah, he said you could come over. But after his surgery.”

‘They’re doing it today?”

“Yeah. The doctor will be back in an hour or so.”

“Kay, that’s cool. Just call me after it’s done.”

“I will.”

“Kay, bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up and smiled, wondering if Jesse was coming for me or Ryan.

5 minutes later the bathroom door opened. I turned to see Ryan standing there with a towel around his waist. I got up and went to help him, “you okay?” I asked as he leaned against me the instance I was beside him.

“Yeah.” I walked him into his closet. I turned away as he pulled on his underwear. He put his hand on my shoulder as I pulled his sweatpants up.

“Go shower, I’ll be fine.”

“Kay.” I said walking into the bathroom where I had left my stuff the night before. It felt so good when that hot water hit my skin. I forgot everything, if only for a few minutes.

By the time I was dressed and my teeth were brushed, it was 45 minutes after the time the doctor left. I walked back into his room. He was watching TV. Ryan smiled when he saw me. Then the knock on the door. His smile vanished. Dr. Martin and 3 other came in.

“Hello. Don’t mind us; we are just going to set up.” He said sarcastically.

“Jordyn,” I turned to the sound of Shane’s voice. He motioned me over.

‘What’s up?” Then I saw Gretchen.

“He’s having surgery?”

“Yes.”

“Are you going to be in there?”

“Yes, he wants me to.”

She nodded and gave me a hug, “Thank you,” she whispered in my ear.

“Your welcome.” I went back in then and went to hold his hand. After they set up, which took 20 minutes they had me wash up and put a gown on.

It was time.

He was asleep.

“Dr. Martin.”

“Yes?” he was about to cut…..

“Ryan told me he didn’t want you to do that. He told me to promise him that you would take it out in the existing hole.”

He looked at me, and something in my voice made him put down the scalpel. He nodded, “very well.”

I was still holding his hand when the Dr. grabbed something that made the bullet hole bigger. He then took long, thin tweezers and put them inside. With a strong pull, he recovered the bullet. Turns out it wasn’t as deep as they thought. The bleeding was minimal, they sewed it up quickly and covered it.

It was over.

Just like that.

But he was knocked out and that scared me. They cleaned up and left in 10 minutes. “I’ll be back to check on him.” Dr. Martin said before he left.

‘Wait until I wake up before my mom comes in.’ Ryan had said in a weak voice before he fell asleep. I sighed and text Jesse,

Me: “it’s over.”

Jesse: “ill be over in a few.”

Me: “Kay.”

When Jesse came, he still hadn’t woken up. We sat in the chairs at the end of the bed. But we had moved them next to the bed to face him. I fell asleep holding Jesse’s hand, resting my head on his shoulder. Dollar was resting on the bed next to Ryan.

I woke up to a soft hand on my arm. “Jordyn, wake up.”

“Huh?”

“Matt’s outside…”

I opened my eyes, Shane was there, Ryan and Jesse were still asleep.

Without looking at the clock I stood up and walked out. Shane went upstairs. Matt was standing there. He hugged me. “How’s Ryan?”

“Fine, I guess… What time is it?”

“Almost 2.”

“He’s been asleep for a little over 2 hours…. The procedure took 5 minutes….” He hugged me again.

“He’ll be fine.”

“I’m sorry, I should go back in…”

“Yeah, I just came to see how everyone was.”

“Kay.”

‘Love you.”

“Love you too.” We hugged and he walked away. I went back in.

2 more hours of waiting, I was drifting off to sleep again when I heard him move. I was wide awake then. When I looked up, he was looking around, and stretching. Jesse woke up. “Ryan?” he turned to me.

“Hey, what time is it?”

“Almost 4.”

“What?” He looked down at his chest, lifting the gauze. He looked at me; worry filled his eyes, “why was I asleep so long?”

“We don’t know.”

He pet Dollar and said hey to Jesse. “I’m glad you’re okay. I love you.”

“Jordyn.”

“It’s okay.”

Jesse spoke, “I know, I’m the one who figured it out and kind of accidentally pushed her to her confession yesterday. Sorry.”

“It’s okay,” he said to Jesse, “I love you too.” We smiled.

“You can let my Mom and Dad come in.”

“Okay.”

“I should get going.” Jesse said.

“Thanks for coming.”

“No prob.”

“I’ll walk you up.” We left the room.

When we got up stairs and walked into the living room, “he’s awake, you can go see him.”

They stood up, “thank you.”

“You're welcome.” I smiled and walked Jesse to the door.

“I understand if you won’t be there tomorrow.”

“No, I’ll be there.”

“Okay, just let me know.”

“I will, thank you.” He smiled, I hugged him. He left.

After 20 minutes, his family was convinced he’d be okay. They went home, promising to be back before I left the next day-well morning.

I was able to feed him before he fell asleep again. I took Dollar out, I was really worried. Why was he sleeping so much? I got back inside just in time for the phone to start ringing. “Hello?”

“Hello, this is Dr. Martin.”

“Oh, hello.”

“How is Ryan?”

“He’s fine but he slept till 4 and just fell asleep again. He was awake for an hour…..”

“That’s normal. He will be back to normal by tomorrow.”

“Kay, Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Let me know if you need anything.”

“Will do. Goodbye.”

“Bye bye.” I sighed and hung up.

It’s 10- he fell asleep at 6. I worked out for a couple of hours and he still sleeps…. I’ll sleep and hope the Dr. is right….. I mean, I’m glad he’s okay. But I won’t be happy till he’s back to normal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.3K 20
"ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ, ɪ'ᴍ sᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ʀɪɢʜᴛ?" 𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜! 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘�...
199K 2.9K 51
Heyyy!! I'm Ariel Sanchez! I'm 18 and I live in California! My parents own there own business and we're rich. I love my parents but sometimes they ar...
69.4K 1.1K 65
"𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞..." 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞...
22 0 5
Hi, I'm Rebecca and this is my story. Follow me through over a decade of life's twists and turns. Starting from an early childhood through growing up...