Adopted By The Idiots On My D...

By love2act947

More

AUTHORS NOTE!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Authors Note!!!
Information you might need to know
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Maya's Writing
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Not a chapter!!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
AUTHORS NOTE!!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Announcment!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
NOT A CHAPTER!!!!
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
NOT A CHAPTER
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 44

4.7K 134 15
By love2act947

LOUIS' POV

All of a sudden we're rushed out of the room.  "NO!!  I WANT TO SEE HER!!" I shout, Harry shouting similar things.  Liam and Niall look up from their pacing, Zayn walking, now running, down the hall to us.  "Guys, please say that the beeping noise is coming from the room next to Maya's," Niall says hopefully.  Harry and I frown and look down.  "Oh God," Zayn says.  "Clear!!" we hear a doctor say.  They repeat that for about 10 minutes.  We call the girls and our families down, and when the doctors come out, they're faced with 32 pairs of eyes staring at them hopefully.  "We're sorry but-" he's cut off by a cry of joy from the room.  "She has a pulse!" a nurse says happily running out.  "She does?" the doctor asks.  "Yes, just now," the nurse says excitedly.  "Well then, don't plan the funeral so soon, you're daughter's alive," the doctor says looking at us.  "She's awake!" another doctor says walking out of the room.  "2 people at a time please," the first doctor says looking at the size of the group.  "Lou and El, you go first," Liam says.  I nod and grab El's hand.  "C'mon, let's go see our daughter," I say smiling.  We walk in the room and see Maya looking out the window.  "Hey," I say softly.  Her head turns.  She smiles brightly and motions for us to come over.  El and I give her a giant bear hug.  "How you feeling?" El asks.  Her head cocks to the side and she looks confused.  She motions for something to write with, so I hand her my phone, opened to the notes section.  She types something and hands the phone to me and El.

Didn't the doctors tell you?  I can't talk.  The bullet hit something important.

"What?" El asks.  "You can't talk?"  She nods.  Then something hits me.  "You can't sing."  My words are left floating in the air for a second, before Maya breaks down.  Me and El lay down on either side of her in the hospital bed.  I put my arms around both El and Maya and El puts hers around just Maya.  "Shh baby, it's gonna be OK," El coos.  Maya nuzzles her face into El shirt and crys quietly for a little bit, El talking to her and me rubbing her back.  She pulls away in a little bit and asks for my phone again.

How many people are here?

I do a quick count in my head.  "33," I tell her.  Her eyes widen.  

33 freaking people?!?!  To see me?!?!  Who the heck came?!?!

"Um, there's the lads, all the girlfriends/fiances," I say looking at El with a smile.  "And everyone's family members."  Her face pales for a second.  

Luke's here?

I nod.  She grimaces.  

I'm soooooooooo lucky (sarcasm intended)

I laugh.  "Do you want us to send more people in?  The doctors said 2 people at a time at first," El says.  She nods and we get up to leave.  I hear a banging noise and turn around.  Maya motioning us to come back.  We do and she jumps up and hugs us both so tightly I thought I lost circulation.  She pulls back and points to herself, then makes a heart with her hands, and points back at us.  Me and El copy her then she gives us each a kiss on the cheek.  "Bye," I say walking out with El.  "2 more people," El says and goes to sit down, and I sit beside her.  "I so glad she's OK," El murmurs.  "Me too," I agree.  "Me too."

NORMAL POV

2 seconds after Mom and Dad leave, the door bursts open and Harry and Niall run in.  They jump onto the bed and start showering me in affection.  Well, their way of affection.  So tickling me to death.  "Why is there no sound coming out of you mouth?" Niall asks when he notices that I'm making the motions of laughing, but not actually laughing.  I put my hand out and motion to Niall's pocket.  He pulls out his phone and I open up the notes section.  

These doctors suck.  They didn't tell anyone I couldn't talk because the bullet hit something important

I hand him back his phone and him and Haz read it over.  "Seriously?" Harry asks.  I nod.  "Well don't ever scare us like that again," Niall says.  I reach for his phone and type something else in.

Harold Edward Styles.  This is NOT, I repeat, NOT your fault so stop beating yourself up over it.  I'm serious.  I can tell you're still blaming it all on you, and it's NOT your fault for Heaven's sake!!  I'm fine and now we can put this all behind us and move on with our lives.....well after I get out of this stupid hospital.  When can I leave anyway?

I hand Harry the phone and he reads it over and smiles at me.  "Thanks," he whisper.  I nod and give them both a peck on the cheek.  "We're going to send in Liam and Zayn now, kay?  Keep my phone to talk with" Niall says.  They walk out and I hear them talking in the hallway.  "For those of you who don't know," Niall says.  "Maya can't really talk because the bullet hit something important.  So, yeah," he says then Liam and Zayn walk in.  "How's life?" Zayn asks sitting in the chair by my bed.  I exaggerate looking around my HOSPITAL ROOM and the NEEDLES and other important MEDICAL STUFF surrounding me, then back at Zayn.

That's the first thing you say to me after I've come out of a week long coma?

He reads it and laughs.  "Yes, yes it is.  So, how's life?" he asks again.  

Well, I've been shot, hospitalized, and from what I've heard, died and all this happened in the past  week.  But, you know, other then that, my life has been just peachy.

He reads it and shows Liam.  They both start cracking up.  "Glad to know you still have your dry sense of humor, Maya," Liam says.  Then they say the usual, don't scare us like that, we're so glad you're OK shpeal.  After they leave, I see all the girls, Dad's family, Zayn's family, Niall's family, Liam's family, and I've seen Anne, Robin, and Des.  Next is the moment I've been dreading since I started talking to everyone.  Luke.  He walks in and sits down on the chair.  

Hey

I hand the phone to him.  "Hey," he says back.  

So....?

He's silent.

OK, one-sided convo with the mute girl doing all the talking.  Why does that sound messed up?

"I deserved that one," he says reading it over. 

You're right you did

"Anyways, I'm sorry I'm been acting like a real d*** to you.  I was trying to somehow blame it all on you, when none of it was your fault," he tells me.  "Friends?" he offers out his hand for a fist bump.  

Friends

After I get everything sorted with Luke, he leaves and goes home, as does everyone else except for the boys.  The doctor allows all of them to come in at the same time, so right now Dad and Niall are sitting next to me on my bed, Liam and Haz are on the couch and Zayn is on the chair.  I remember my dream thing and I sit up straight and pull out Niall's phone.

When was the last time you told a joke or were stupidly immature?

I hand the phone to Dad.  "Um, this morning I ran up and down the hallway pushing Haz in a wheelchair trying to make him happy," he says looking at me weirdly.

Just trust me.

I turn to Niall on my other side.

When was the last time you ate?

"Right before your, um, little scare I was eating a bag of crisps," he tells me.  I smile at him.  

Zayn, come here

I hand him the phone and push Dad out of the way.  Zayn raises him eyebrows but comes and sits next to me.  I give him a hug, breathing in his scent.  Way, way to much smoke.

When was the last time you smoked?

He looks away.  I turn his face back towards me and look at him expectantly.  "This morning," he answers sheepishly.

How many times have you smoked per day this week?

"I don't know, 3, maybe 4," he tells me scratching his neck.

It's OK.  I know it was a hard time.

"Thanks," he says relief flooding his eyes.  I smile and push him off the bed.  "Hey!" he says from the floor.  

Liam, Haz get your butts over here

They walk over.  I take Liam's arms first and pull up the sleeves of the hoodie he's wearing.  Nothing.  Next I turn to Haz, who looks a little queasy.  I reach out for his arms and he shies away, but then sighs and gives me his arms.  I pull up his left sleeve.  Nothing.  I pull up his left sleeve and gasp.  On his forearm are at least 7 to 10 red lines, some still a little puffy, some completely white.

Harry....

The rest of the boys crowd around and when they see, they take a sharp intake of breath.  I'm still looking at Harry's scars when drops start falling.  I look up and see Harry crying.  I push Niall off the bed and move over.  I pull Harry down and sit up so that he can bury his head into my lap.  I gently twist his curls around my finger.  I take a deep breath and mentally prepare myself for what I'm about to do.  I open my mouth and, unsurprisingly, nothing comes out.  I close my mouth and try to hum instead.  A faint murmur is heard, and the room goes silent except for the sound of Harry's tears.  I start humming the tune to Free Fallin softly.  It hurts my throat a little, but Harry needs comforting so that's what I'm going to give him.  After I hum the song 3 times, Harry's calm enough to talk.  He sits up and looks down.  "I'm sorry," he whispers.  "Why?" Liam chokes.  "I don't know," Harry replies truthfully.  "I was in a weird state of mind.  I thought that it was all my fault.  I was convinced that I was a horrible person for putting Maya in danger.  It wasn't a good time to be me," he says still looking down.  There's a small silence.

How are you feeling?  

"Fine," Harry tells me automatically.  

Ha. ha. ha.  Hilarious.  Now tell me the truth.

"Fine!" Harry exclaims.  "You want to know how I feel?  I feel like a worthless piece of s***!!  Have you been on Twitter recently?!?!  Everyone hates me because they say that it's all my fault that Maya got shot!  They say that I'm a heartless son of a b**** who dosen't care who's lives he f***s up if it means he gets more press attention!!!  They say that this is probably some cover because Maya's pregnant or some other crazy random s***!!  They say that it should've been me!!" Harry shouts out angrily.  "And you know what?" he asks softly.  "I wish it would've been me too."  And with that he leaves.  Just, leaves.  

Well now we know how Harry feels.  Who's next?

That was interesting.

Who liked it?!?!  Tell the truth!!  (Unless you hated it then lying is very much appreciated to save what small ego I have :P)

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

LIKE

FOLLOW

ETC!!!

STAY AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL MAH TALENTED YOUNG PADAWANS!!!!  MAYA OUT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 153 35