Prince with Benefits

By gabycabezut

**Unedited, messy & with lots of mistakes. But you will still swoon if you give it a chance lol (but you've b... More

Prince with benefits
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two Part One
Chapter Twenty-Two Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six (part one)
Chapter Twenty-Six (part two)
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six Part One
Chapter Thirty-Six part two
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
A Prince's Point of View
Getting Hitched
Expecting the Unexpected...
Bonus Chapter - Brought to you by H&M
New books + Audiobook teaser!
New Story Alert! Of Darkness & Light

Chapter Thirty-Four

1.3M 34.7K 3.6K
By gabycabezut

Thank you to allthatglitter for the awesome cover!

The cold wind picked up.

I didn't notice.

Scott's arms were around my waist as my head was buried on his chest. His thumb was drawing soothing circles on my back. We were both lost in deep thought.

I don't know how much time we stayed like that.

My eyes were open as I thought about what Scott had told me earlier. My grip on him tightened as I looked upon the mausoleum that was behind us. I couldn't help but think how the paparazzi gave you this one perspective when reality was completely different.

I had been so wrong about him. I always had this image of royals around the world, where they lived too comfortably, pretty much enjoying spending the people's money. Traveling around in elegant yachts, bathing in the sun in the most expensive bikinis, just enjoying being themselves.

Don't take me wrong, I still believed they did have it easy on the economic department, but I never imagined if it was hard living on the spotlight every single moment of your life. It must have been hard to live by knowing that you mother killed herself. But it must have been harder to pretend that it didn't happen. Especially when literally the whole world has their eyes on you.

Sadness engulfed me as I remembered his sad eyes...Scott truly loved his Mom. The way he was looking at her at the picture I saw a few weeks ago showed how much love and admiration he felt for her. Showing me this must have been hard for him, especially since he wasn't one to show his emotions to many people.

I must consider myself privileged, then...

No matter what happened in my life, the thought of having someone close to you commit suicide was unbearable to me...

Slowly, Scott warmness left me as he pulled away and grabbed my hand. My eyes searched his and I was relieved that they had returned to their usual intenseness. Scott smiled at me reassuringly as he led the way to our previous path.

We passed the graveyard's Iron Gate and slowly walked on the same path we had followed earlier. Absentmindedly, I scratched the top of my head, trying not to ruin the hat thing.

As we passed the fountain that I had been hiding at, I smiled at the sight of numerous roses we passed along the way. The whole scene seemed out of Alice in Wonderland. I mentally snorted at that.

"What?"

Huh.

Did I snort out loud?

Figures.

I shook my head smiling, as small prickles played on the top of my head. Frowning, I scratched at the most unbearable spot.

Meaning that my whole head was itching.

"Emily?" you could hear Scott smiling.

"Just a stupid though" I trailed as I kept scratching my head discreetly. I hoped at least.

"I could use stupidity right now" Scott's chocolate eyes were watching me intensely.

Damn.

I could not resist those eyes.

I think he knew that because a small smirk played on his lips.

Narrowing my eyes I said "all those roses around the garden reminded me of the queen of hearts from Alice in wonderland..."

I shook my head somewhat embarrassed at my childish remembrance, "it's really stupid if you think about it."

Scott chuckled beside me. "Not really. If looks could kill, a lot of people would be beheaded every single day."

I laughed at him as I scratched my head again.

Stupid hat.

"Is she that bad?" I asked smiling but to be honest I was starting to freak out inside. I mean, if Scott joked like that, then I was sure that the Queen must be really scary.

"Pft...she's just human after all."

"Yeah, well, that coming from her grandson. The rest of us might be plain mortals that she has to deal with."

Scott laughed making me smile with him.

I was glad his mood had lightened. It was weird to watch him sad, especially when he is someone who's usually smirking and making jokes.

Still, the fact that he showed me that part of him earned him big points in my book.

Not that he actually needed them...

Scott stopped abruptly making me stumble. His hands were on my shoulders straightening me.  

"Let me help you." He stated calmly. His hands were on my head before I could ask him what he meant.

Carefully, he removed all the pins that were holding the hat on top of my head. Relief came instantly. My tensed shoulders relaxed for a moment. A lingering prickling sensation on the top of my head was all that was left.

"You've been scratching your head for the last ten minutes" he trailed as he removed the last pins off my head.

Then a thought popped in my head.

"Wait!" I said alarmed, "you can't take the hat off!" My eyes widened and I watched him tilt his head completely amused at my panicked expression.

"Why not?"

"Because" I gestured with my hands to signal my head, "I must wear a hat" I stressed out. "It's, you know, custom...or something like that...and there's like no way that I can go back to the party without the thing on my head."

A smile played on his lips. Shrugging, he played with one feather as he said, "it's more like protocol. Everyone wears one, but it's not mandatory."

"Still Sc-"

"Besides" he stressed out as he cupped my chin with his free hand, passing a thumb on my lips. Effectively shutting me up. "You are my girlfriend." A warm feeling spread inside of me, "and you can do whatever the bloody hell you want."

I could not think of a valid reason to argument that. Especially since I loved the official word.

His girlfriend.

Why was I so jiggery about?

I mean we had talked about it. There was still the official date thing that I had to start planning soon...but we had not actually said the official words, had we?

Scott was my boyfriend.

Oh.My.God.

He was my freaking boyfriend.

My heart started to hammer inside my chest in a not so subtle way.

My boyfriend was the prince of England.

What if the Queen hates me?

What if anyone likes me at all?!

My black hair and unnaturally tanned skin was unusual around here. Elaine was naturally blond and her blue eyes matched perfectly with her pale skin. She was completely and utterly British looking.

What if people hated me?!!

Scott must have sensed my discomfort and pretty much panic attack. Although, I was trying to not show any kind of emotion at all. But, yeah, it was me we were talking about. So I was clearly failing in my futile attempt to hide my rambling thoughts from him.

"Shit." Scott's eyes panicked for a moment, "are you freaking out on me?"

I swallowed the large lump in my throat. "I should be over this whole thing, shouldn't I?" I asked embarrassed looking at the floor.

"I just confessed you about my Mom's shattered life. I think it's pretty understandable..." he trailed scratching the back of his neck.

That officially freaked me out, even more.

What if I found out that royal life isn't going to be for me?

I mean, am I destined to worry about small petty things like wearing a stupid hat from now on?

I gazed at his chocolaty eyes that were watching me warily.

Oh God...

"I'm not my father, Emily" His voice suddenly turned ice cold and his jaw clenched for a moment. When his eyes landed on me his gaze softened, "I will not make the same mistakes that he did...I will never put the crown above you, Em..." he trailed softly.

His hands were clenched at his side. Slowly, I grabbed one and softly unpeeled the tight clasp he had in his hand. My eyes found his and I placed a soft kiss on the palm of his hand.

In a confident tone, I said "I know, Scott."

Scott's chocolate eyes darkened and he watched me intensely for a moment before pressing his lips on mine. Butterflies erupted in my stomach instantly as I pressed myself even closer to him. His hands gripped me tight by the waist as our kiss deepened.

Too soon, Scott pulled apart resting on my forehead. His erratic breathing matched mine. "I had to stop before I lost all control on myself" he huskily whispered giving me goose bumps.

Chuckling, I closed my eyes trying to stop myself from jumping him. Because I have to confess that I really wanted to do just that.

A few moments later, our breathing was back to normal and he pecked me one last time on the lips before grabbing my hand and continuing down the path. I hadn't noticed that only a few large bushes separated us from the party and I was suddenly grateful that I didn't actually jump on him. Sighing contented at having avoided a messy scandal, I squeezed Scott's hand and smiled at him.

The large wall of bushes had a small entrance. You could now see different colors that I assumed where of the guest's dresses. Scott stopped right before entering the party. He pulled me to the side and kissed me one last time.

"Would you do me the honor of saving a dance for me?" He asked in his more seriously charming voice. I think he even exaggerated the British accent, effectively swooning me even more. Which wasn't such a difficult task, I might add...

Stupid charmingly accent...

Clearing my throat, I narrowed my eyes at his smugly smirk. "Well, I wanted to dance with the handsomest man at the party" I placed a palm on his chest slowly, "but you will do, I guess..." I added mockingly.

Scott laughed as my lips twitched trying to contain my laughter. "We shall make an impressive couple then, a humble boy dancing with the hatless girl."

That wiped the smile off my face. Shit. The stupid hat.

"Come on" Scott shoved my shoulder playfully, "it will be all right."

 Am I seriously freaking over a stupid weird thing that's supposed to be a hat?

I shook my head and smiled at him, "you're right. It's just a hat. What harm could be done?"

"Exactly." He smiled at me. "Besides, I'm not sure I want to let go of you, so I think the hat is the last thing that people will notice..."

A small nervous knot formed on my stomach.

"You're right. The hat's going to be the last thing on their mind" I squeaked on a high pitched note.

Scott chuckled as he let go of my hand, "Don't worry, you can't be my official girlfriend yet" he huskily whispered by my ear, "Not without my oh so expected first official date."

His lips were tugged up on a lopsided sexy smile.

"Wait 'til you know what I'm planning for us" I pecked him one last time before pulling him right to the entrance of the party.

Yes. I had managed to hide my joker face.

I had no idea what to do for our official date yet.

Even though we didn't walk hand in hand people noticed us coming from a secluded part of the garden. Well that, and the fact that I was the only one not wearing a hat on the whole party had become a rumor bombshell. You could hear the wheels chiming and the whispers around us.

Scott kept his promise. He never left my side. Even when the dreaded sight of his grandmother appeared at the other side of the garden. Thankfully, she just glared our way a few times, but neither one made any sign of coming close.

Elaine did gaze our way more than once. Actually fifteen times. I counted.

The rest of the party passed uneventfully. Well, if you ignored most of the people watching and the envious glares that I kept getting...or the momentarily time the Queen looked at us with a raised eyebrow...or the way Kate's eyes almost popped out of their sockets when she saw me without the hat...or the smirk on Mark's lips...

All on a stupid little petty hat...

At the end of the day we left after a couple of hours later and I had to feel pretty contented that Kate's stupid predictions never happened.

I think...

Now I just had to plan a perfectly original date.

Go me!

___________________________________________________________________

Finally!!!!

Thank you to all my patient and no so patient dear readers!

It took me a while...I know...and I won't write about all the things that happened or that I did because I might fill another three pages and you might get bored or something...just know that I had been extremly busy :)

Thank you all who messaged me concerned if I was still alive or if everything was ok ;D I was truly touched at your beautiful messages. I'll try to answer you personally, but I have quite a few, so it's either answer or write...

I'm not sure how many chapters are left, there are still some things that are going to happen...but I'm sure I'll finish it for the Watty's. So please, if you've liked my story, go back and vote for any chapter that you haven't :)

Thanks again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 65.1K 42
Mia Tyler has received the opportunity of a lifetime: to sing for thousands at The Royal Opera House. For a working girl from Queens, London has alwa...
249K 9.6K 30
Until now, Princess Eva Windsor was content in knowing she wasn't remotely considered to be the successor to the throne. In fact, she was glad she wa...
81.7K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
8.2M 321K 40
He's a Prince. She's a journalist. They have a complicated relationship. More like he's into her but she hates his guts. He needs to behave. She need...