Hidden Paths: Vampire Revenge

Von SusanKSaltos

Tony, the vampire, is stunned to find his great grand-daughter at their door. George & Ray are ecstatic to ha... Mehr

Cover Page
Copyright
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twelve

22 5 1
Von SusanKSaltos

George sat on the beach and cursed. He had gone all through town, all down the boardwalk, down the beach, and there was no sign of Isabella.

He felt rotten that she had gotten so upset about the situation. He wished he had acted sooner. Why did he have to be so clumsy around girls he liked? He was planning on asking her out, he just was trying to gain the courage to do so.

And then Ray had to cut in and make a move on her. He couldn't believe his best friend had betrayed him. Ray knew that he liked Isabella and still he moved in on her. And all behind his back!

What was with Ray cutting classes? He never cut classes. He was an A student, who had a perfect attendance record except for fourth grade when he had the chicken pox. Ray was going to throw all that away for a girl?

Of course, George would. He didn't care much about school. Nothing except his parapsychology classes. Not that he had any plans for anything in the future. He just wanted to figure out his powers more.

All his life he was a freak. Kids would laugh at him talking to the animals, the sun, and the rain. And they got scared when he could make it snow in the middle of summer. He quickly learned he needed to keep his gifts a secret.

Then he met Ray in high school and things changed. No longer was he a freak. Ray and he had quickly become friends, and quickly learned each other's secret. They started attending parapsychology classes and seminars that Ray had discovered on the internet.

In their junior year, they had met Emily and Brian at one of the seminars and found in them an understanding that no one else had shared with them.

George had never been as happy as he has been these past several months, living in the house with his new friends and his old friend. And now it seemed like he was losing his old friend.

He watched the ocean waves as he thought about Ray and his betrayal. They became more intense, crashing against the rocks, and becoming ideal yet treacherous waves for the surfers who were running for their boards. George shook his head as he realized that he was doing it.

"Neat trick," a guy with long brown hair said, sitting next to him.

"What's that?" George said to him with a puzzled look wondering how he knew.

"That guy out there on that big wave. Didn't you see him?"

"Oh. Guess I missed it."

The guy looked familiar, but he wasn't sure where he'd seen him before. Dark brown hair pulled back in a ponytail and black eyes.

"I hope you don't mind me joining you. You just looked like you could use some company," he said, dusting off some sand from his black jeans.

"No problem. No, I mean I'm fine."

"You look like you lost your best friend or something. Can I help?"

"What are you, a shrink?"

The guy laughed. "Just trying to help. I'm Max," he said holding out his hand to shake George's.

"George."

"So, George why the gloomy face?

"Long story."

"I have nothing but time," Max said with a smile.

"To put it in a nut shell my best friend stole a girl I liked. A lot. I was planning on asking her out and he beat me to it."

"And he knew you liked her?"

"Yeah."

"Hasn't anyone told him about the code?"

"That's what I told him! But everyone's like, oh, he loves her, they couldn't help it, blah, blah blah. Doesn't change the fact he went behind my back," George said, trying to control his anger as he watched the waves becoming rougher.

Max looked out at the waves and smiled. "You know I had a friend like that once."

"Yeah? What happened?"

"He stole the girl I loved. Married her, in fact."

"Really? What'd you do?"

Max chuckled. "Not much I could do. Except watch them be happy, have a kid, and be even more happy. Shattered my heart to a million pieces," Max said angrily.

"Why do all the nice guys lose the girl?"

"Girls like the bad boys," Max said with a grin.

"So, what you're a bad boy now?" George asked, eying the black leather jacket and dark shades.

"Hey, whatever works," Max said with a shrug and a grin.

George chuckled. "Wish it were as easy. I've been the nice guy, my whole life. Hasn't gotten me anything."

"Just takes practice."

"But don't you want girls to like you for you instead of pretending you are something you're not?"

"Who are you? Wally Cleaver?"

George chuckled. "I told you. I'm the nice guy."

"Kid, we've got a lot of work to do," Max said, throwing an arm around him.

******************************

Isabella pulled herself out from under the now sleeping military guy she had picked up from a night club. She pushed him away, sat up in the bed, and wrapped her arms around her legs.

Her hunger was now satisfied. She'd taken enough from him to knock him out before he wanted more from her. That was one thing she was grateful that Trey and Max had taught her. She never wanted to have sex with a man unless she loved him. And yet, that was the one thing she needed to toss around at men to get them alone with her so she could get what she wanted. What she needed. She hated herself for that. She hated herself for what she was.

She thought of Tony's blood supply in his refrigerator. How can he be satisfied with stored blood? Granted it took the edge off. But she didn't know how he managed it on a daily basis. She imagined he must frequent the givers often. Or perhaps, he did as she, taking from the unknowing.

She looked at the man sleeping on the bed. He was still in uniform. His blond hair was shortly cut, military style. She knew he'd play up the military aspect. Most did. He flirted with her and she allowed him to do so until he was sure that he had won. But really she had.

They had come to the hotel with their intentions being total opposite. He had no idea what he had gotten himself into. She got him onto the bed and kissed him as he wanted. Let him touch her curves as he wanted. And she then took what she wanted.

Isabella put her head into her knees and breathed. All the years and she still felt guilty of what she did. Now she was feeling guiltier because she had kissed another man other than Ray. What was she getting herself into? She never had a relationship before. She only hunted. Men were prey.

But Ray was different. She actually had feelings for him. Real, honest loving feelings about him and yet her nature forced her to betray him.

She heard a light tapping at her door. She crossed the hotel room and quietly opened the door. Trey peered at her and then inside at the sleeping man, relieved she and he were both fully dressed.

"Are you okay? You seemed upset before," he said softly.

"Fine," she answered, stepped out the door, and closed it behind her.

"I'll take you back to Antonio's," he said, taking his car keys out of his black leather jacket as they walked down the hall.

"No, I'll manage."

"Come on, it'd give me a chance to see the beautiful Raven," Trey grinned.

"Trey," She growled.

"Come on. I had my dinner." He nodded his head to the room next to Isabella's, where there was a sleeping blonde girl.

"I won't touch her," he put his hands up. "Much," he added a wink.

"Things are complicated. Don't make them worse."

"Trouble in paradise?"

Isabella laughed short. "Some paradise."

"Well, at least I can stop worrying you won't come home then," he said relieved, opening the front entrance of the hotel for her.

"You worry?" Isabella asked surprised he'd admit it.

"Of course I worry about you," he answered, putting an arm around her in a hug.

"I'll be fine." Isabella looked up at the full moon, hoping that she would be.

*******************************

"Don't worry, she'll be back," Emily told Tony and Ray, who were both pacing the family room floor since they came home an hour ago without Isabella.

"Are you sure of that?" Ray asked.

Emily felt real fear pouring out of Ray. She knew he really loved Isabella and was truly consumed with concern of her safety.

"Yes, I'm certain of it."

Ray breathed a little knowing that Emily would truly know. So that meant that Isabella was okay.

They heard footsteps on the porch. Ray ran out the room to the front door and threw open the door. He saw Isabella and then Trey.

"You're with him?" Ray demanded. "Seriously?!"

Trey looked him over. He spoke to Isabella in Italian. Isabella answered and Trey laughed. He suddenly became quiet as he saw Tony appearing out of the family room.

"Goodnight," he said quickly, kissing Isabella's cheek, and bounded down the front porch.

"What'd he say to you?" Ray demanded.

"He asked who the hell you thought you were."

"And what'd you tell him?"

"I told him, my boyfriend."

Ray smiled and hugged her.

"I don't think it's so funny," he said, kissing the top of her head.

"Me either," she mumbled, her face in his chest.

"Are you ok, Isabella?" Tony asked as they walked into the house.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry," she answered, not looking at him. "I didn't mean to worry you. I just had to leave to think."

"Your friend left in a hurry," Tony said, nodding his head towards the door.

"He was just dropping me off," Isabella answered, closing the front door, seeing Trey duck quickly into his car.

"Was that this Trey I keep hearing about?"

"Yes, that was Trey. Can I go now?"

"Fine," Tony crossed his arms. "but we're talking later," and he went to the kitchen.

"Trey! Trey was here?" Raven exclaimed, peeking out the kitchen window and watched a black Porsche speed away.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Raven demanded from Emily as she walked in to the kitchen.

"Raven. We're dealing with Isabella's running away. You think you might be a little more concerned about that than Trey being here?"

"She's back, isn't she?" Raven asked, taking a bite out of an apple.

"Why are you so interested in this guy anyways?" Emily asked curiously.

Raven looked at Tony who was studying her. "He's gorgeous. Actually, he looks a bit like Tony, but much cuter," Raven said with a grin.

"Ha.Ha," Tony said, sitting down and picked up the newspaper from the table.

"It's true. He's got eyes like yours. Sweet, honey brown eyes. He's tan. Black curly hair. He's funny, sweet, charming..." Raven said dreamily.

"I don't have curly hair," Tony countered, looking up from the business section.

"Sexy voice. Incredible body," Raven continued.

"So minus the curly hair, what's wrong with me?"

"You're too grumpy."

"I'm not grumpy."

"And argumentative," She added.

"I'm not..." Tony smiled and flipped the newspaper up in front of his face. "You're just trying to get a rise out of me. Not going to happen," Tony told her, pushing the jealously deep down in him.

*******************************

"Are you okay?" Ray asked as they got down to her room.

"I'm fine." Isabella sat on her bed.

"He didn't hurt you?" Ray demanded.

"He didn't hurt me, Ray. I'm fine," Isabella answered annoyed.

"Why'd you go to him?"

"Where else have I to go?"

"To me."

"Ray," Isabella sighed.

"Look, if you don't want to be with me then why'd you tell him I'm your boyfriend?"

"So he'd know I care about you and would back off." She sighed. "I want to be with you, Ray. But wanting and being are two different things."

"So you're not going to be with me?"

"I can't," Isabella said remembering what she'd done to the military guy sprawled out on the hotel room bed.

"Why not?"

"Ray, I'm a vampire and there's nothing that you or I can do about it."

"I don't care about that!" Ray shouted.

"Well you should!" She yelled back and jumped up off the bed in the process. "You don't understand what we are, Ray." She paced the floor. "There's no way you ever will. We're horrible beings. Evil beings. I can't stop that. I can't control everything I do no matter how hard I try. I don't want to hurt you or your friends. Or Antonio. Let me be, Ray. Let me get this done and I'll be out of here for good."

"I don't want you to be out of here for good," he took her by the shoulders and turned her toward him. "And you're not evil. You're a wonderful."

"Wonderful?" She laughed bitterly. "Wonderful? Are you out of your mind?" she screeched, pulling away. "What kind of wonderful person would be doing this to her grandfather?!"

"One that loves him but can't see any other way around this!"

"There's no other choice, Ray. You don't get that! If I fail, I'm dead. You're dead. Tony is dead. Trey..." Isabella broke and she wiped away the seemingly neverending falling tears.

"We won't let that happen." He took a step towards her, but she backed away.

"You can't stop him, Ray. No one can stop him."

"Maybe one of us can't, but we have all our friends, if you would just tell them!"

"No!"

"They can help, Isabella, we have these gifts..."

She shook her head. "They aren't good enough! You just don't understand!"

"Well, then make me understand."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

238K 5.2K 44
Sapphire is a good girl, good grades, good reputation, she is the 'nerd' in school as people call her. She has only one true best friend and she has...
60.9K 3.5K 114
Zoe's only wish is to be able to run barefoot through grass, but she knows it'll never happen. Ever since she was born, she's been unable to touch an...
9.1K 1.4K 49
BOOK ONE IN THE WICCAN SERIES Cyrus Laveau's life had never been perfect, but he always worked with what he was dealt. That included witches, pyroma...
2.6K 420 19
Jake's childhood imaginary friend haunts him awake and asleep. His dreams come true, which scares him, his family, and the whole town. Going away to...