Bound

By WritingGals

Two very different people who shares one common thing: They're afraid of falling in love. Eleanor Edeson, a m... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Eight

61.8K 1.7K 188
By WritingGals

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Eleanor's POV 

"Heidi?" I asked surprised at seeing her at the front door of my place. "Uh come in?" I turned around after closing and locking the door gently behind me. "What's with the surprise visit?" 

Let's be honest. Heidi and I weren't too fond of each other to be visiting each other's houses.

"I couldn't wait for tonight," she replied after she was done looking around our foyer where our tree was still up. I was too lazy to begin and put the decor away. "I need to see Parker. Now."

"Tonight?" I asked dumbfounded. "You were suppose to see Parker tonight?"

A slow smile plastered over her face. "Why yes. We had a date planned and all." After seeing my look, she added. "Oh you know what kind of date I mean. Please, I'm not that shallow to go after married men."

"Could have fooled me," I mumbled incoherently under my breath. That didn't linger in my mind for long. What did, however, was the fact that Parker was planning on having dinner with Heidi and kept it from me. What was going on? Maybe Heidi was really a lunatic. Maybe she was just making up some story. She was most likely delusional. "He didn't tell me anything about seeing you tonight."

"I could see why," she looked me up and down. "You're quite the clingy wife aren't you?"

I narrowed my eyes and sent her a scathing look. Being polite was the least of my worries right now. I tried being nice to her, but something about her just didn't help my cause. "You better watch what you're saying in my home. I would very much like to be respected while you are on my territory."

"Not only clingy, but aggressive as well," Heidi commented to herself. Then turning serious and looking me in the eye, she added, "I'm here to see and speak with Parker. I don't have to tell you anything on why I'm here."

"I'm his wife," I stated confidently. "Whatever you say to Parker, you can say to me."

An amused look fell on her face. "Ah really? So please do tell me why he specifically ordered me to not tell you anything? I'm sure you wouldn't like what I had to say anyways."

What? Parker and Heidi were keeping secrets from me? What was going on? Suddenly I was overcome with uncertain feelings. Maybe... Maybe Parker was cheating on me. Maybe he betrayed me for- for this... This tramp. 

No. I shook my head to clear my head of those absurd thoughts. They were outright preposterous! Surely Parker had an explanation for this. 

"The reason for our dinner tonight was to actually talk about how we were going to break this news to you, together," the minx in front of me said airily. "I told Parker we should just stop beating around the bush and confess. But the sweet man he is didn't want to break your heart."

"No," I told her staying adamant on trusting Parker. "He wouldn't cheat on me. He loves me."

A sinister smile greeted me. "Who said anything about cheating?" I stared her down. I was in no state to comprehend anything that was being said. "Well now that you mentioned it... There was a time when-"

The next thing I knew, I found myself walking the short distance between us clamping my hands on her shoulders. "Get out. Get out of my house!" As nice as I was, I tried being gentle in her shoving her out the door due to her very rotund stomach. It wasn't the baby's fault it had Heidi for a mother.

"Ow!" Heidi exclaimed trying to push me off of her. "Let me go! God, Eleanor! Parker's right. You are one jealous wife. No wonder he wanted to keep this thing on the down low." 

Oh that did it. That statement snapped all of the restraint I had to put on myself. Anger boiled from somewhere within me. Anger towards Heidi. Anger towards Parker. Right now, in my fury, I would have believed anything that was said. I managed to get her close to the door before it swung open, and the devil himself entered.

I was momentarily caught off guard by seeing him, that Heidi took the chance to push me off her, and I stumbled backwards catching myself on the corner of a table that was pushed against the wall. That fall didn't hurt me. Seeing Parker run to Heidi and placing his arms around her was a stab through the heart. I watched through my suddenly blurred eyes as he placed one hand comfortingly against her tummy. 

"Are you all right?" He murmured to her rubbing the pregnant belly of his. 

Stab. Stab. Stab. 

"God Eleanor! You didn't have to be a monster and push me like that," Heidi whined glaring at me. "Parker, do you see what type of person you married?"

I stood up and waited for his answer. Parker's eyes finally landed on me. His wife. The one who was literally pushed not the other way around. Guilt and sorrow filled his eyes. He instantly retracted his arms from Heidi and began to walk towards me.

"Eleanor... Elle." He said his arms outstretched in front of him. "My cheríe."

"Don't you dare call me that," I hissed taking a step backward. How could he? How could he hurt me like this? "I'm not your Elle. I'm not your cheríe. I'm not your anything!" I shouted at his face. "Soon, I will be no longer your wife!" 

"Please Eleanor," he said pain flashing through his features and voice. He doesn't have the right to feel that way. was the one in pain. was the one hurting. Not him. "Don't say that. Let me explain."

I threw my hands up and laughed humorlessly. "Isn't that what they all say? That they can explain? But in the end, the truth stays. You lied to me."

Parker wrapped his arms around me even through my struggles on trying to get away from him. It was to no avail. He held onto my pretty tightly, resting his head on top of mine trying to calm me down. "I love you, Eleanor. You know that."

I shook my head. "I don't know if I do anymore."

"I wouldn't hurt you intentionally," Parker explained cupping my face in his hands. He padded his thumbs under my eyes, brushing away the tears that fell. "Please. Let me explain."

"What else is there to explain?" I asked blandly. "You cheated on me. You knocked her up. You're going to have to take responsibility of the child and marry Heidi. I get it. I'm out of the picture."

"No! You are not out of the picture. I love you and you're stuck with me if I can help it." He said stubbornly. "Cheat? I never cheated on you. I would never cheat on you. Where did you get that from?" I looked pointedly at Heidi. He sighed and hugged me to him. "I was hoping that you were a bit more prepared when we tell you this."

"Just tell me," I said finally out of his arms and walked into the formal living room in the adjacent room beside the foyer.

Heidi and Parker followed after me. Heidi with a knowing look. I took a seat in the smallest of the two love seats just so I wouldn't have to sit beside Parker. Although it didn't help as Parker took the remaining space besides me and held my hand in his. I scooted away to the other side slipping my hand out of his and clasped both of mine together. I could feel his eyes burning the side of my head wanting to make eye contact.

"Eleanor..." Parker pleaded. "Please look at me. Let us explain." I reluctantly looked at him and suddenly regretted it. His eyes were full of desperation and regret. I let my guards down a little which I shouldn't have if I wanted to stay strong. 

"Oh god, lovesick people makes me sick," Heidi commented from across us with a roll of her eyes. "Let's just tell her and be goddamn over with it. Surely Eleanor's a big girl and can handle a few facts, right?"

I glowered at her and drew my head up higher. "Go on." I braced myself for what was going to be said. 

"Heidi's pregnant," Parker cleared his throat after a short pause. I nodded telling him it was plain to see. "She's uh... I'm the father of the child she's carrying."

There. He said it. I didn't know how to react or feel about it, so I nodded briefly once again. I tightened my hands together to keep me from breaking out in tears. Remaining my composure, I asked, "And how did this happen?"

"Wow, Eleanor. I thought by having two kids yourself you'd know how it happens," Heidi spoke up once again. "What? Were you drunk or raped when you had them, hmm?"

I clenched my hands together in balls of fists. I wanted so badly to go over there and smack that irritating smirk off of her face. Although the classy lady I was, I retained. 

"Heidi! Would you please just keep your mouth shut?" Parker bellowed directing a malice look towards her. "You are not here to disrespect my wife or I will drag you out of here myself."

"You do not have to stand up for me," I murmured quickly and looked at him seriously, my tears now dried. "Just answer the question."

"What's there to answer?" Heidi asked. "I'm pregnant with your husband's child. It was a night full of steamy-"

"Eleanor it happened before we married, all right?" Parker interrupted moving closer to me on the sofa. Didn't he get the hint I wanted to be as far away from him as possible? "I- I didn't know what happened. I was always careful, but I guess..." He sighed irate starting over his explanation. "Look. I- I just found out two days ago. Heidi called me and told me to meet her at the hospital. I didn't know what for and was curious so I went."

"It was my ultrasound to see the gender of the baby." This time Heidi's voice was much softer than before. I looked at her and found her rubbing her belly gently. "It's a boy, isn't that right Parker?"

"How are you so sure that kid is yours?" I questioned Parker the idea suddenly coming to me. Heidi didn't seem like the type of person to stay with one guy. Maybe the kid was someone else's. Hope flared inside me. 

My husband shook his head solemnly only crushing my spirits. "I asked the doctor how specific she could tell me how many the months/weeks/days the baby was. It matched the, um, day well..." Parker continued trying to comfort me. "But we'll have a DNA test as soon as the kid is born." 

"Oh this boy is yours Parker," the pregnant woman boasted. "He's going to be the heir of your assets. The future of British Airways. You know, I think we should really start thinking of names for the baby." 

I shook my head and put it in my hands. "I just can't comprehend anything right now." I stood up and looked at both of them against me. "I can't believe this is happening." 

I knew things these past few weeks seemed too good to be true. Here's the downfall that always happened in my life. I raced out of the room, not being able to stand to be with them. I quickly walked to my bedroom and closed the door shut. I went into my closet and sat at the cushioned chair in the middle. 

The tears that had been threatening to fall were finally released. I cried my heart out, the words they said ringing loudly in my ears over and over again. I sat there, thinking and crying, wondering how my life got to this. Everything just seemed so wonderful and perfect that it killed me having to go through one bad thing to another. In the back of my mind I wondered where Parker was. I secretly hoped that he would come to me... Run after me when I stormed out. But of course, he was probably with Heidi, making sure she got home safely, for she was the mother of his child. He was probably driving her in his car, hands linked together.

I couldn't stay here. At least not right now. I needed time to think without constant reminders of Parker. I took out a random bag from the corner and began packing my clothes. I wasn't running away or leaving, I just had to go somewhere else. Maybe Summer's place. She was my best friend after all. I stuffed various clothes in the bag, not knowing how long I would be gone for. Hopefully not long.

After everything was zipped, Parker still didn't make his presence. Too busy helping Heidi up her front porch. I walked out of the bedroom and to the game room where my sons were. I almost, almost, forgot about them when we were talking about Heidi's pregnancy. What would happen to my sons? Would Parker soon abandon them since has a soon-to-be biological son? I couldn't let that happen to Luke and Peyton. I would hurt Parker if he did so like Riley. My sons couldn't lose two fathers in their lifetime!

"Luke? Peyton?" I called out softly thankful that I had willed myself to stop crying. They both looked up with their tiny heads from the train set they were trying to build. It was one of the many gifts from Parker for Christmas. Would he still give them presents or would Parker start to forget about them and move on to his new child? "Come." I motioned for them to sit on the couch beside me. "Mum has something to say."

"What is it?" Luke asked coming over to me and sitting his body close to mine. I picked up Peyton and sat him on my lap. He started to play with the necklace I was wearing. "Momma, when will Daddy be home? You said he's coming after lunch. We already ate lunch!" He crossed his arms and pouted.

I smiled and kissed the side of his head. "He'll be here soon. Listen... Mummy will be gone for a few days."

"Where we going?" 

"No, not we. Just me. I... I just have to do something for Summer's wedding."

"Aunt Summer?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I want to come!"

"No, my angel," I explained softly. "Only me."

"No one's going anywhere." A demanding, deep voice emanated throughout the room. 

I turned my head around to find Parker standing, the tips of his hair wet from the snow. He had a defiant look on his face. His arms crossed completed his entire, bossy look. I stood up abruptly with Peyton snugly in my arms.

"That's not your decision to make," I replied stoically, maintaining my calm expression so my kids wouldn't suspect a thing. "I will only be at Summer's. Nowhere else."

Parker narrowed his eyes and took the remaining steps to come in front of me. In a much softer voice, he begged. "Please, Eleanor. You don't have to leave."

I looked away not being able to stare into his empty eyes. "I do. You know it. Parker... I just need time to think this through." Turning to my son who was staring at us curiously, I bent down and kissed him all over his face. "Bye angel. Momma will be back, okay?"

He nodded and wiped off my kisses. "Okay. Love you, Momma."

I smiled endearingly and kissed him one last time for good measure. "And I love you." I kissed Peyton goodbye and set him down beside his brother. "Bye boys. Be good, okay?"

Giving one last look at Parker, I headed up the stairs that led to the foyer and the front door. Before I could take a step further, someone clasped their hand on my wrist and turned me around. "Eleanor. I'm not letting you go so easily."

"I'm not going to give up so easily," I retorted giving him an icy look. "Let go of me." When he didn't, jerked my hand out of his and placed it behind me. "You need to understand how I feel about this whole thing. How would you feel if your husband ended up having impregnating someone before marriage? Someone that is not his wife?" I stared at him trying to catch any flicker of emotion. "Terrible that's what. Ashamed. And for some ungodly reason, guilt, because I couldn't give you a baby. At least not yet."

"What you need to understand is how feel too," Parker's words caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting him to be so harsh and blunt. "Do you think I wanted for this to happen? No. I slept with Heidi before I ended up marrying you. Before my life changed and started to revolve around you. Around our sons." He locked his eyes with me, and for some reason I couldn't look away. "The only tie I have with Heidi is through my son in her."

He said much softly walking slowly towards me. "Luke and Peyton are my sons. It just so happens that I have another one on the way. As a mother yourself, you wouldn't want me abandoning and leaving my responsibility towards the baby? Shouldn't you know that from experience?" I looked away tears springing to my eyes. Not again. He was right though. It wasn't the kid's fault. It wasn't the kid's fault that he would have a monster for a mother.

"If you ask me to leave Heidi alone, I can't. I won't, because Heidi is carrying my son."

"I wasn't going to ask that of you," I replied acidly looking anywhere but him. "How could you think that of me?"

Parker sighed and took the last distance and held me in his arms. "I love you Eleanor. You. I know this situation we're in isn't so easy, but I hope you won't leave and give up. Aren't we suppose to go through tough times together? We're husband and wife."

"Surely you don't think everything would stay normal after this revelation?" I asked guardedly stepping out of his arms. Parker looked away confirming my speculation. "Parker! None of this will ever be the same! You'll start having other responsibilities such as going to ultrasounds or monthly check ups with Heidi for the baby. Before you know it, you'll be gone most of the time for work and to spend time when the child is born."

I looked down and my voice caught on the last words I said, "Soon you'll forget about me, Luke, and Peyton."

Parker was silent for a moment. "No... " Then he said more determinedly. "No. How can you think that?" He asked tilting my face up with his hand on my chin. "I will never. Okay?" 

I smiled and nodded. He finally kissed my lips, and no matter how much I wanted to resist, I couldn't. My arms winded up behind his neck and pulled him closer to me. Even if he had a child with Heidi, I knew one thing they didn't have together. Love. Parker loved me. I loved him. He was right. We're together 'til death do us apart, and if we can't overcome this sticky situation we're in, we would never go through anything else.

--A/N

Early upload. Early upload. Early upload. Woohoo :D 

So yeah... There's the big news! Come on guys, did you really think I wasn't going to add even more drama? I'm a sucker for drama. 

The question is: Is Heidi really pregnant with Parker's baby? hmm..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 69.2K 58
Alissa Lawrence has no idea, that her life is going to change, after that night, the most scaring night of her life. As she is thinking that her life...
1M 58K 82
When yet another curveball puts Andy and Lex's relationship into serious jeopardy, the stakes become higher than they've ever been, forcing the coupl...
89.1K 4.3K 31
Andrew and Bella's daughter Andrea, seems to have no luck when it comes to finding someone. Every guy she likes, likes someone else. Every time she...
771K 42.7K 87
Shorter chapters so don't let the amount of chapters keep you from starting this story. ⚠️ Mature Content 🍑 Rated # 2 in Sexy February 2019 🍆 R...