Princess on the Loose [Comple...

By MayaCrook

Clarissa Marie Valdez, a daughter of a con man, was chosen by King and Queen Academy, a prestigious school fu... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 42.5
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Author's note
Special Chapter
Author's Note
IMPORTANT!
Edited Version/Sample
SAMPLE / PROLOGUE
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 1
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 2
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 3
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 4
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 5
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 6
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 7
SAMPLE / CHAPTER 8 / ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 38

93.5K 4.1K 1K
By MayaCrook

Surprise! Surprise! Well I had time so I wrote this last night. xD When I started writing this story I had this awesome scene in my head and it's one of the things that made me continue writing this story.

I'm still busy so I'll update when I get 110 votes and 60 comments. ;) And the last chapter should reach its goal too. :p

Hope you like this chapter. Keep reading.

*****
Chapter 38

I couldn't wait to see my dad. He'll be so proud of me, he'll probably throw me to the sky just like what Gavier did. Mrs. Wales said I could go tomorrow, and all I needed to bring was my ID to show the guards by the gate.

Tonight there would be another party for everyone who had joined the competition. It would be held in the biggest room in the academy since there were thousands who participated. Nessa and Ria was already preparing for it but the lazy me made me lie down on my bed to procrastinate.

Today was also my birthday. I didn't tell anyone though, not even Nessa and Ria knew. They would kill me for not telling them. But I really didn't like it when people fussed over me. Hope they forgive me.

"Another gift for you Clarissa. This is a big one." Ria handes me a gift-wrapped box. I exxitedly opened it and found a huge teddy bear.

After the competition I began recieving a lot of gifts from people I don't even know. There were hundreds of letters and most of them told me that I became their inspiration. It made my head thrice as big as it was now.

"Wow it's so cute!!" I cried but handed it to Nessa. "Here you can have this."

"What? Are you sure?" Nessa looked shocked.

"Yup." I nodded.

"What's up with you, giving away stuff? It makes me feel that you're going away." Ria frowned, looking at me as if trying to figure me out.

Because I am. When tomorrow comes, I will never see you guys again.

I jumped up from the bed and hugged them both. "I just want to thank you guys for being the best friends I never had." I forced my tears not to fall down. Now's really not the time to cry.

"You're our best friend too Clarissa and I love you." Sweet Nessa said to me, "Lucas told me how you helped him. I cannot thank you enough." She tightened her hold of me.

"Now I really feel you're leaving," Ria grumbled.

We all laughed. I told them to go to the party withought me since I wasn't ready yet and I have to stop these tears from coming out.

When they left, I couldn't help but let the tears out. I would miss them so much. In these few months, they made me feel that I belonged here, that they were my family. Even Mrs. Wales, Carlos, Gavier. . . I cried harder. I will miss him so much. I don't think I can bear the pain not seeing him ever again.

Goodbye.

I wiped my tears and covered my face with make-up. Surprised? Thanks to Nessa, she taught me the basics. I changed into a dark blue dress and combed my hair down. I've really become a lady now, my dad would really be surprised.

I was about to go when I remembered the necklace that dad gave me for my birthday. I rummaged through my stuff and found the box. The sight of the blue pendant made me sadly smile. There was something about this necklace that made me feel like I was missing something.

I put it on quickly and ran by the halls. I was about to go in when I saw Queen Elizabeth talking to Anastasia by the corner.

"You ungrateful, stupid child of mine. I told you to make that annoying girl lose the challenge but you failed." Queen Elizaberh glared at her child.

"I really tried mom but it was as if fate was on her side. Why are you so uneasy about her anyway? Did she steal your lover?"

Queen Elizabeth slapped her daughter's cheek, making my eyes almost gorge out of its sockets.

"You disrepectful bitch. You watch your tongue or I will disown you. Now, I want you to make her life hell, do you understand?"

Anastasia had tears in her eyes but she stubbornly wiped them away. She looked at her mom for pity but the command in her mother's tone and glare didn't give her any sympathy.

"Yes mother."

"Good. Now freshen up. I want you to seduce Gavier and steal him away from Clarissa. I heard the fool likes the prince but she is in no position to even talk to him. That thick faced peasant is really getting on my nerves. I want you to break her until she can't even look at her pitiful self."

Anastasia'a eyes widened but she knew better and nodded her head. "I will mother."

My heartbeat accelerated. Anastasia will seduce Gavier?

I let out a gasp and it was a bit too loud, they both turned their heads towards my direction. I put my back against the wall, hoping they wouldn't see me. But to my horror Anastasia saw me before I hid.

"Who's that?"

"It was me. I said yes." Anastasia quickly said.

Why is she trying to hide me still?

"Very well. Go now." Her mother ordered.

Anastasia then went to my direction but she still kept walking and didn't even glance at me. He face looked tired and the red part where her mother had slapped her looked like it would be swollen.

I didn't know what came over me but I followed her until she stopped in front of the maze.

"You must feel sorry for me right? My mother treats me like a fucking bitch. What? You want to say thank you coz I saved your ass earlier. Well then hurry up coz I have to think of some ways to seduce Gavier." She was trying to be strong but her shoulders had began shaking.

"Go on bitch, say whatever you need to say, say it." She commanded, her back still turned to me. "My mom's evil and she wants me to be like her. I'm the bitch everybody talks about. I'm the slut who sleeps around but I haven't even slept with anyone, not even with my fiance who wouldn't touch me and had left me. Everybody hates me"

"I do too." This time I spoke up. I didn't want to hear any of her trash. "But it's your fault. You make everyone hate you."

She finally turned and looked at me, her face full of shock.

"But it's not too late to change their opinion of you. You can start by saying sorry to those you've wronged."

She finally let the tears fall."I'm sorry." She said meekly and covered her face with her hands.

After a while I let her cry and even patted her shoulder. What a pitiful girl she was. Being forced to hurt somebody could hurt the person doing it too. It must have been like hell for her.

"I'm fine now." She suddenly stepped back and glared at me. "This doesn't mean we're friends. You're still my enemy bitch."

And her bitchiness is back.

"Of course." I smirked.

"But I won't do it. I won't steal your lover. I have no interest in him whatsoever."

My jaw dropped. "Why?"

"Duh. Are you like stupid or something? I'm lazy and I hate guys." She sat at the bench and I sat beside her. She slumped her shoulders on the bench and sighed.

"You hate guys? It's kinda hard to believe."

"Except one so shut up bitch."

"Who is it?"

"Tss. You won't believe it anyway and you'll judge me."

This time my inner bitchiness resurfaced. "Who is it bitch?" I repeated.

"Crazy boy." Her eyes suddenly changed to longing. "People think he's creepy and strange but for me he's my hero. He saved me once from the bomb he detonated in one of the challenges. Everybody hates me so in time of danger, I'll be the last thing they would save in their heads but there he was. Regardless of my reputation he carried me up and saved me from the explosion. From then on I couldn't stop thinking about him."

I was shocked. The academy's cold bitch likes the crazy prince Jarvis?

"What? Go on bitch. Laugh but that's love for you."

"I won't laugh. It's just shocking, that's all."

Speaking of the devil. Jarvis appeared wearing nothing but pants. His enticing tattoos covered his chest and back like a beautiful piece of artwork. I looked at Anastasia beside me, who ogled at the good-looking prince. I think I'm seeing a drool there.

Truthfully, Jarvis is very handsome, the dark handsome kind, he can also be very charming if he wanted to. It's just that he didn't and keep scaring people off with his creepiness.

He walked towards us, his eyes wandering from side to side like a bumblebee. "Clarissa, do you want to help me bomb this place?" He smiled widely, anticipating for my answer.

"No Jarvis. I'm not going to help you bomb the academy. People can die."

He frowned. "People die all the time." Then suddenly as if he just realized this fact he began to laugh like a psycho.

The whole time Anastasia just watched him with wonder. She really likes him.

"Jarvis remember the favor you're willing to grant me? Why don't you bring Anastasia to the infirmary. She needs help with her bruising face."

He finally turned to look at the lovestruck girl beside me. He looked surprised for a moment but quickly smirked.

"How can i refuse my queen?" He stepped towards her as Anastasia glared at me.

'What the hell! I'm gonna kill you!' She mouthed.

I just smirked in reply.

"I-im f-fine really." Anastasia waved her hand.

"Queen's orders."

Anasatasia squeeled as he picked her up bridal style. She froze on the spot as Jarvis proceeded to carry her to the infirmary.

"I really hate you Clarissa! You'll pay for this!" She screamed when she was finally out of her shock.

I chuckled in reply as I saw her writhe uncomfortably in Jarvis' arms. Her face was so red, it was hilarious.

Still smiling, I went inside the main room. I hope nobody noticed I was late but they did. And when they did they made it look so obvious as if I'd done the crime. The judges especially stopped whatever they were doing. Catia, the woman who was the emcee yesterday dropped her glass and it shattered on the floor.

There were gasps, whispers, murmurs that I couldn't really make of.

"The necklace. .."

"It's true. What she wrote in the will."

"It's her."

Are they talking about me?

Mrs. Wales was crying when she went to me. "I can't believe this. It was you all along."

"What's happening Mrs. Wales?"

By this time everyone in the room was looking at me as if I had descended from heaven. Shock was clearly written on their faces and they mostly stared at my necklace, the one that dad gave me.

"Months ago I've been told a secret." Mr. Hitler spoke on the mike, getting everyone's attention. "At first I couldn't believe it so I watched her with my eyes and I saw similarities in both their bravery and courage. To this day my friends, I'm boggled by the will that the queen left with us, that her daughter would appear on her eighteenth birthday wearing her necklace. She didn't lie, she was true to her words."

I couldn't understand. What the hell is he talking about?

"Now let us offer our respects. For months I've watched her and I know that she's the real princess."

"Princess. . ."

"Oh princess. . ."

They were murmuring in shock and wonder and I still didn't understand what was happening.

"Clarissa you are our long awaited princess. We have been waiting for your arrival. Rise everyone."

They all rose up, alarming me. My eyes were wide, and I felt my heart beat with fear.

What are they doing? Is this a joke?

"Oh hail Princess Clarianne Fia Luvenoff, daughter of King Arthur the VII, who has fought many battles in the Middle East, won in each of them, and showed us the real meaning of strength, bravery and courage."

"Oh hail Princess Clarianne Fia Luvenoff, daughter of Queen Liliana Rose Luvenoff, who acted as a mother to all and showed us real care, real kindness. . ." Tears sprung from Mr. Wales eyes as so did some of the others. "And real love."

"Oh hail Princess Clarianne Fia Luvenoff, descendant of the greatest and highest royal family who owned all the first class countries. Let us offer you our respects, your grace." He kneeled down on one knee and bowed his head before me.

All around me everyone did the same, kneeling down, bowing their heads, looking at me as if I'm a goddess.

"Your grace." Their voices rang in the air, some cries, some a whisper but for some reason all together they sounded like a choir of beautiful angels, ready for battle and under my command.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191 37 26
I'm Vilhemina Valter, One of the greatest conglomerates in Germany, attending the most prestigious school in Europe. There's only conglomerates that...
520 147 14
In a small kingdom there was a princess, beloved by her emperor father since her queen mother died giving birth to her. She was talented and excelled...
72.6K 2.9K 53
It's not about telling the truth...it's knowing which lies to tell Juliana Renée Clairborne has always known that she doesn't belong to the parents t...
1.6K 76 42
"Welcome to the circus, are you a spectator, or a lion?" When Maggie Parker is offered a place at Vidre Grammar, located in New York, a school for th...