How to Have a Heartbeat? (Boo...

By RulerOfCats

Ħɵω Ʈɵ Ħαʋε Д ĦεαяϮɓεαϮ [currently editing extensively!] Once I knew only darkness and stillness my life was... More

Chapter 1: A Stray Heartbeat
Chapter 2: Tsurigakure
Chapter 3: Four Tails
Chapter 4: First Betrayal
Chapter 5: Firsts
Chapter 6: Platoons in the Water
Chapter 7: The Begin Of Team Hebi
Chapter 8: Madara Uchiha
Chapter 9: Konoha's Betrayal
Extra::: Naruto Behind The Scenes # 3
Chapter 10: The Five Kages
Chapter 11: Team Seven Reunited
Chapter 12: A Broken Heartbeat
Chapter 13: The War Begins
Chapter 14: Rapture
Chapter 15: Sena & Madara
Extra::: Birthday Special
Extra::: Filler Ark
Extra::: A Blind Sasuke
Chapter 16: Kitsumori
Extra::: Another Birthday Special
Chapter 17: The Kumiko Name
Chapter 18: Agony
Extra::: Christmas Special
Chapter 19: New Perspective
Chapter 20: Madara & Sena
Extra::: Naruto Behind The Scenes # 4
Chapter 21: Reflection
Extra::: Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 22: Creepy Voice
Chapter 23: Two Heartbeats
Chapter 24: Heartless
Chapter 25: Spineless
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Bond
Chapter 28 : Enemies of War
Chapter 29 : Heartbeat
Chapter 30 : Decay
Chapter 31 : Time Doesn't Forget
Chapter 32: Dream
Extra::: Sena & Obito
Chapter 33: Story of Tragedy
Chapter 34: Ending of Tragedy
Afterward
Epilogue
Ninja Profile

Extra::: A Shinobi Day Off

2.4K 79 6
By RulerOfCats

      The heat was killer, if there was one thing I couldn't stand, it was the stupid sun. I didn't even like the beach. Sakura and Naruto were the ones who wanted to go. Naruto dragged me here. Also, as far as I could tell, Kakashi was literally the worst supervisor...ever. Like in existence.

      "Sana-chan! Come in the water, it's fun!" Sakura exclaimed happily as she splashed Naruto.

      "No! I'm tanning, leave me alone," I yelled back, sighing a little. I had untied the back of my bikini so I wouldn't get that annoying sun line.

      I was hardly allowing the sun to touch me since the umbrella blocked that.

      "Come on, don't be such an old lady," Sakura exclaimed and I looked up with a glare.

      "Excuse me," I snapped unhappily.

      "Only old ladies tan at the beach and not go in the water," Sakura remarked in a mocking tone. I gave the girl an edgy sneer.

      "Excuse me if I don't like water going in my mouth," I retorted.

      "Then don't drink it," Sakura replied.

      "I don't, it just gets there--And Sasuke's not going in the water either, bother him," I said, laying my head in my arms peacefully.

      Sakura shifted from side to side with an embarrassed smile.

     "I could never ask Sasuke-kun to do something he doesn't want to," Sakura said as she twirled a strand of hair on her finger. I rolled my eyes with a sigh. Except when you ask him to date you of course.

       "Fine, I'm an old lady then," I think I just died a little inside. "So bite me."

      "I hope you get burned then," Sakura said.

      "I'm not the one in the sun with water to wash off the sunscreen," I mused, and Sasuke sighed from next to me. There was an umbrella next to him, blocking out the sun. He obviously didn't want to come to the beach either. Then again, Sasuke doesn't like going anywhere.

      I myself prefer the snow. But noooo, apparently that's stupid to do in the summer. Bastards. I'm sure it's snowing somewhere and stupid bastards are playing with their snowmen and igloos.

      "Where's Kakashi-sensei?" I asked and Sasuke shrugged, not looking up from his magazine. "He's the one that forced me to go with promises of room service and a hotel...I wonder what horrible promises Asuma and Kurenai made to their students."

      "What about Gai?" Sasuke asked, but he didn't sound interested."

       "Gai would probably just be all like, 'youth', and Lee would right away hop onto his dick or something...I don't know," I answered, bitterly as Sasuke slightly wrinkled his nose in disgust. "If I'm suffering, they should all suffer."

      "Why would he wanna spend time at the beach anyway...I can't imagine him in swim trunks," Sasuke murmured.

      I propped my chin on my palm with a cheeky grin, turning my head to Sasuke.

      "I can," I said, and Sasuke arched an eye brow before rolling his eyes. "I imagine him to have muscles. Sounds hot."

      "Shut up Sana," Sasuke murmured, looking back at his magazine.

      "I wonder if he's silver everywhere?" I mused, cause Sasuke's face to consort in disgust again, but flipped another page to show that he wanted me to stop talking. "What made you come along?" I asked and Sasuke frowned at the memory.

      "That's none of your business," he said simply.

      I lifted myself up, and as soon as I started to move Sasuke's eyes went directly to me. I bit my bottom lip as a grin formed. Without hesitating I had pressed my bikini top to my chest and tied it back on.

      "Oh Sasuke, you pervert. Were you hoping you catch me before I tied back on the top?" I asked and he frowned.

      "No."

      "Well, while were here why not do it in some place special," I suggested, and his eyes went back to mine with a confused expression before they went to realization.

      "Are you crazy," he said with an arched eye brow. I bit my lip again to stop the grin from widening any further.

      "It could be fun," I said with another smile.

      "That's gross," he said simply.

      "I was talking about making a sand castle, what were you thinking about?" I asked with a sweet smile and a mocking edge. He frowned.

      "Don't patronize me," he said simply. "We both know that's not what you meant."

      "Aw, are you embarrassed cause it sounds like a fun idea?" I asked and his eyes moved to the side, connecting with mine in a glare. "I'd say we do it some place random, like that old couple's beach house."

      "Sana, I swear to-" Sasuke was interrupted by Naruto's loud voice.

      "Hey guys, I wanna play chicken," Naruto said, and I looked up at him funny.

      "Then go play," I replied, but Naruto gave me a frown in return.

      "There's only Sakura, Hinata, Kiba, Ino, Lee, and I. It will be more fun if you and Sasuke play too," Naruto explained. Shikamaru, Chouji, Shino, Tenten, and Neji had been smart and had ran back to the hotel hours ago. Lucky bastards.

      As for us, Team Seven, we were locked out of our hotel room. Stupid Kakashi. I wouldn't doubt he was hogging the mini fridge that he promised me.

      "Oh, I see," I said with an uninterested glance to the side.

       "So you'll play," Naruto said.

      "I didn't say that," I said. "I don't even know what "chicken" is. It sounds stupid."

       "It's where you get on each others shoulders and knock each other off. Last one still sitting on someone's shoulder's wins," Naruto explained, and I nodded.

      "What the hell does that have to do with a chicken? ...No matter though, I'll get salt water in my mouth, so no thanks. In fact, drop the thanks and make it just 'no'," I said, looking at my nails uninterested.

      "I just don't wanna play your stupid game," Sasuke said, and I shrugged, agreeing.

      "Looks like those two are too scared they'll lose," Kiba said with a mocking smile.

      "You don't know youth at all," Lee said, and Sasuke glared at all of them.

      I didn't particularly care, so I shrugged again. They weren't going to manipulate me so easily.

      "It looks like Sana's too old to have fun," Sakura said and I looked up, immediately a glare forming on my eyes. There was only so many times I could take being called old in one day. Sakura grinned victoriously.

      "It's funny. I know you're baiting me...but you're right. Fine, I'm in," I finally said with a sigh, standing up and evening out my bikini top. Sasuke shook his head an turned back to the magazine.

      "I'm still not playing," Sasuke said and I looked at him with a smile.

      "But then we have an odd number," Sakura whined.

      "Come on, Sasuke, it will be fun," I cooed, and he gave me a knowing stare.

      "No it won't," he replied simply.

"You're right, it won't. But who knows, maybe you will see me naked," I replied and Sasuke turned another page in his magazine that I was beginning to think he wasn't even reading.

      "You're like a vending machine. I could just toss a quarter at you and you will probably get naked, so no thanks."

      "I do like my body," I commented as I knelt down next to Sasuke with a smile, "But if you play, I won't talk to you for a week."

      "Deal," Sasuke said, closing his magazine and tossing it aside as if I had said the magic words.

      "You agreed kind of fast."

      "You don't understand just how much I hate it when you talk."

¥¥

      "You're going down Sasuke," Naruto said, I looked down at him from my spot on his shoulders.

      "Shut up, you'll jinx us and I'll fall," I ordered.

      "You're supposed to back me up, Sana-chan," Naruto whined and I rolled my eyes.

      "I swear to god, if you drop me, I'll kill you," I whispered to Naruto as I felt Ino try and shove me off Naruto's shoulders. She was perched on Kiba's shoulders, much to her distaste. Poor Hinata had been paired with Lee. "Ino, Ino, Ino," I mused. " I will so bring you down now."

      "Yeah right," Ino said back trying to push me again, just as she was about to shove me off I panicked as I saw the water.

      "Sasuke says you're pretty," I said quickly, she immediately stopped.

      "Really," she asked, and I pushed her off quickly, trying to catch my heartbeat as it had raced when I almost fell in the water.

      "I don't know, maybe," I answered her.

      "Stupid Ino, you ruin everything," Kiba scolded, making Ino splash him in the face.

      "That was a dirty trick, Sana," Ino said with a frown.

      "He might think your pretty, so it wasn't a complete lie," I said quickly.

      Naruto quickly moved to the side as Lee zoomed passed us, much to Hinata's unbalance. I almost felt bad for her. But it was too funny to feel anything but amusement.

      "You're going down next, Hinata," Sakura said from on top of Sasuke's shoulders.

      Before I knew it there was a splash and Hinata was in the water.

      "Way to go Sakura," I cheered with a grin.

      "You're next," Sakura said.

      I looked down at the water with a frown, "Yeah, I don't think so." I looked down at Naruto with a cold smile. "Naruto-kun, if you drop me, I'll hurt you."

      "S-Sana-chan.... You're scary," Naruto said and I pulled his hair as Sakura tried to push me.

       "I'll give you money if you just fall off," I said and Sasuke frowned.

      "You can't do that, that's cheating," Sasuke said in an annoyed tone.

      "I'd pay money to see you fall off anyway," Sakura said, and I frowned as she tried to shove me off again. I was quick to shove back.

      "You're going down Sasuke," Naruto exclaimed and Sasuke merely smirked.

      "In your dreams, loser," Sasuke retorted.

      "Sasuke!" Naruto yelled rushing at Sasuke.

      "Hey, stop that Naruto," I ordered but was ignored as my hands gripped Sakura's shoulders so I could steady myself.

      I gave a hard shove and pushed her back, making her slip off Sasuke's shoulders and grab at my bikini top, cause me to fall forward into the water.

      I coughed as I resurfaced my head out of the water. I could feel my nose burn, one of the many reasons I hated swimming.

      "I would have won if it wasn't for Sasuke!" Naruto exclaimed angrily.

      "You ran into us you moron," Sasuke exclaimed back angrily as he coughed out water.

      "Dude, look, Sana's top," Kiba pouted out, lifting my bikini top from the water. It took me while to process what he said before I covered my chest. Damn it, again.

      Hinata blushed and looked away like the good girl she was. Naruto blushed but kept looking, making Sakura hit him in the head and call him a pervert.

      "Sakura, mark my words, I will make you flash children if I have to, but I'll get you back," I threatened, and she gave a sheepish grin.

      "My bad, I'm sorry, Sana-chan," she said and I shook my head.

      "Kiba, give that back," I ordered and he grinned.

      "Nah, I think I'll keep it," he mocked and I frowned, my arms still covering my chest.

      "Fine, keep it you little pervert," I said with a smile, stepping out of the water and wrapping a towel around my exposed chest and sat down back under my umbrella and closed my eyes

      After a few minutes Sasuke sat down next to me and dropped my bikini top on my head.

      "Thank you," I said with a grin as I put it back on. I turned my back to him and looked at him over my shoulder. "Well tie it." I ordered and he gave me a scowl and did nothing. "I guess I'll have one of the guys do it." Before I could get up to leave his hands skimmed against my back and touched the strings that would tie the bikini.

      "I thought you wouldn't talk to me for a week," Sasuke said, his fingers brushing against my back. I let out a small grin as a shiver ran through my skin where his fingers had touched.

      "I never said which week," I replied, turning my head towards him and he flicked my forehead with a frown. "Aw, don't be mad. I'll still keep my promise. Tell you what, when you die, I won't talk to you for week, kay? In fact I won't talk to you for a few months, maybe a year or two."

      "Shut up, Sana," he ordered and I gave a light laugh.

      "Yeah, I'm sorry," I said with a sincere smile.

      "And don't apologize, it makes you look stupid," he ordered.

      "Sasuke," I said and he looked over at me.

      "What?" He asked.

       I didn't say anything and just leaned over to press my lips against his. He frowned slightly, trying to get himself to pull away from the kiss. Finally he sighed and put his hand on the crook of my neck, pulling my head closer and making the kiss harder.

      I smiled as I pulled away.

      "So..." I murmured against his lips. "How about that beach house?"

      "Fine."

       "S-Seriously," I stuttered and he flicked my forehead.

      "No. Not seriously." He went back to his magazine.

________________________________________________________________________

:::AUTHORS NOTE:::

This took a while to get out and I apologize. I suck. I'll try and work on the next chapter quicker, but I can't make any promises with the manga where it is. Thank everyone who added chapters of this story to their library and thank you everyone who private messaged me. It really means a lot. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 778 42
When Uchiha Sasuke was just about done with everything he's endured, he finds himself in a foreign land where he meets Hyuga Hinata. Struggling with...
2.8K 145 28
Sasuke is known to be the loner, the nerd that no one hangs out with, the one who gets bullied, the one who is barely acknowledged. But sasuke doesn'...
50.7K 2K 21
Naruto was known for giving his heart without shedding a single tear. Known as someone who ate his own heart for the one he loved. Sasuke came aroun...
5K 103 15
Naruto and Sasuke grow up as close brothers under one adoptive mother. Life isn't so bad after all...until Mother is taken. Family love/(maybe someth...