Locked Out of Spring Break (R...

By OddballWriter

[Warning: As I look back at the earlier chapters of this story, I realize the misogynistic/transphobic/homoph... More

Locked Out of Spring Break
Copyright & Longer Description
Prologue
Chapter 1: Sideways
Chapter 2: Extra Credit
Chapter 3: Helpful Rumor
Chapter 4: Losing The War
Chapter 5: Smacking Butts
Chapter 6: Boxer Size
Chapter 7: Spring Break
Chapter 8: Board Games And Sex
Chapter 9: Just Like Old Times
Chapter 10: Kiss Me
Chapter 11: Accepting Defeat
Chapter 12: No More Cake For Jake
Chapter 13: The First And Only
Chapter 14: Thigh Gaps And Modest Spaces
Chapter 15: Ruined The Moment
Chapter 17: Only Lips And Tongue
Chapter 18: Bad Dreams And Swollen Eyes
Chapter 19: Tickles And Apologies
Chapter 20: Kissing The Ground
Chapter 21: Freed
Chapter 22: Breakfast With Apologies
Chapter 23: High Hopes
Epilogue

Chapter 16: Aspirations

11.9K 548 166
By OddballWriter

—————————————————

"Rico, open the door," Jake sighs for the twentieth time, "Open it now."

I snort to myself. Now? How about never.

"What the hell, Rico?" he growls, pounding both his fists on the door. "Open the door!" He bangs his fists on the door again. "It's been like twenty minutes! Just open the door and get over it!"

Twenty minutes? I snicker to myself some more. He was in the bathroom for nearly an hour and he whines about me being in here for twenty minutes?

"You're really pissed at me for saying I like you with your flaws and quirks?" he hollers, banging on the door even harder. "Seriously?"

I remain silent, laughing.

"Are you laughing at me?" he roars, "Do you think this is funny?"

I only shake my head in amusement. He's going to suffer like I had to.

After ten more minutes of ranting and raving, he finally shuts up.

Some silence for once. I smile in delight. My grin diminishes as I realize how childish I'm being. It's not like he said he hates my quirks and flaws. I unlock the door and twist the doorknob. Before I could entirely open the door, Jake yanks it open and walks in.

I see a huge smirk on his face. "You're not the only one with the manipulative talent."

Flabbergasted, I folded my arms across my chest and stared at him. "I hate you."

He pulls me into him by my waist. "I hate you too, baby."

"For the record, you're competitive and defensive too," I jab, angrily. "You made it seem like I was the only one with those flaws and quirks."

He shrugs. "I guess I am competitive."

"And defensive, I may add!"

He grins, tightly clasping my waist and lowering his hands.

"Jake, we're not kissing if that's what you're thinking," I groan, recoiling from his grasp.

"Let's just talk, baby," Jake responds, holding me closer to him. His sweet talk will not work on me this time.

I roll my eyes, looking away from him.

"Look, I'm sorry," Jake sighs, "I was thinking and came to a realization that I was in the wrong."

I still don't look at him. "For?"

He replies, "You know the reason."

"No I don't," I stubbornly remark, "Not until you say it."

"I'm sorry for allowing my..." he trails off, looking down, "... friend to take over my actions." I flicker my eyes in his direction to see that his face is growing a dark shade of red.  "I'm also sorry for locking myself in the bathroom and ignoring you."

"And?"

"What else is there to apologize for?"

I respond by scowling at him.

He shakes his head in annoyance. "And I'm sorry for saying you have quirks and flaws that are tiring."

"Why are you sorry, Jake Terrence?"

"Because I have some of my own that are tiring," he replies, rolling his eyes.

I press, "And?" I hold back a snicker as I see his face form into a sneer.

He scoffs, "There's nothing else to apologize for, Rico Arias."

"And?" I continue.

He let's go of me angrily. "Forget about it." He starts out of the bathroom.

I grasp his arm, chuckling, "I'm just kidding."

He doesn't seem moved.

"Jake, I'd also like to apologize for locking myself into the bathroom," I say, rubbing his arm, "And I'm sorry for appearing in your sex dreams."

As he faces me, I notice his entire neck and face is completely red. "Don't apologize for that."

"Aw, Jakie," I tease, "You're still blushing."

He awkwardly looks away. "Shut up."

I place my hand on the side of his face. "It's really cute how embarrassed you're becoming. I never knew you as a blusher, Jake—"

"So, what do you aspire to become?" he changes the subject.

I snort, "Now you want to talk?"

He pinches my waist. "Answer the question."

An idea comes to my head. "Jake, would you still like to kiss?"

He shrugs. "Well, yes, but not if you don't want—"

"Let's just ask each other questions and for each question, let's kiss," I suggest, "That way, we're both happy."

An expression of surprise shows on his face. "Really?"

"Yeah," I reply, "It's not like I don't want to kiss you."

He smiles. "Rico, we don't have to. We can just talk—"

I cut him off by kissing him. "—and kiss," I finish, "Besides, you're an amazing kisser."

"Am I?" he asks in shock.

I nod. "You're the best kisser." I add, "Let's talk in here; that way neither of us can lock ourselves in here." I sit against the wall and Jake follows suit.

"How am I the best when I'm your first kiss?" he inquires, facing me.

I titter, "You're not my first. I had my first kiss in ninth grade."

His face falls. "With whom?"

"With Sid Ashir," I answer.

He specifies, "Sid as in Siddhartha?"

"Yeah," I respond, "But he moved to boarding school that year." I remember him always talking to me in Music Club and sitting by me at lunch. Because of his name, he was called Siddhartha Gautama, which he hated, since he wasn't a Buddhist. He went by Sid but no one else seemed to get the memo. One day in the restroom before the club meeting, he randomly admitted his feelings for me and kissed me on the spot. I was taken aback and couldn't focus through the meeting. It didn't help that he kept looking at me. Things between us grew more awkward and awkward. Then, the next week, I was informed that he had moved schools.

"Were you two close?"

I shrug. "I guess we were, but we only knew each other for that short amount of time he was in school."

"Do you miss him?"

I reply, "Yeah." I add, "I just miss having him around, because he was one of the fewest people to accept me for who I am. Sid was open with me and along with Luciana, he was another good friend."

"Did you like him?"

I shook my head. "Not in that way. I mean, he was nice and cute but he was like a brother to me."

"Do you still keep in contact with him?"

"The last time I talked to him was in tenth grade over skype."

"Did he still like you then?"

"I don't know actually. He talked like everything was normal and the kiss wasn't brought up at all." It hits me as I become aware that Jake's demeanor changed negatively. I quickly change the topic. "Who was your first kiss?"

"So, he's over you?" he questions with uneasiness.

I kiss him. "We forgot about the kisses between the questions, Jake."

"Does that mean he's over you?" he continues.

"I guess so," I respond, kissing him again. "Who was your first kiss?"

He answers, "Veronica."

I kiss him. "How was it?"

He scratches his head. "It was okay, I suppose."

"Crap, I never answered your question," I realize, "I aspire to become a musician."

He kisses me. "What kind?"

"An instrumentalist and composer," I answer. "I can sight read at an accelerated level and play the piano and guitar."

He sighs with relief. "I thought you meant you wanted to become a singer."

"I can sing," I retort, making a face.

He snickers, "Then how come I've never heard you sing before?"

"Because..." I trail off.

"Because?" He kisses me.

"I only do it when I'm by myself."

"Can you sing me a song right now?"

I kiss him, singing, "I'm really not comfortable singing in here."

He applauds, "Wow. I didn't know you could sing."

"I'm okay," I laugh.

"When did you discover your passion for music?"

I kiss him, "It started in middle school and blossomed in high school." I pause, continuing, "It began with a Beethoven CD at Luciana's."

Jake chortles, "Luciana listens to Beethoven?"

"No, it was her baby cousin's," I kiss him, answering; "She was babysitting her baby cousin and was playing the CD because the parents of the baby believe that classical music would make the baby smarter. Besides, she's not a huge fan of it."

He kisses me. "Now, ask me a question."

"That wasn't a question, Jake," I point out, grinning.

He replies, "I know. I just love kissing you."

"What do you aspire to be?"

"I aspire to become a lawyer."

I laugh, "I can see it."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You're very argumentative and a huge debater," I joke.

He responds, "I honestly don't know what I want to be."

Confusion stirs within me. "Then why are you a part of mock trial?"

"It's because I've been a part of it since middle school and I'd feel like I'm letting my parents down if I don't stay with it. One thing they hate is inconsistency."

"Do you like mock trial?"

"I like it but I don't love it."

"What are some of your interests?"

"I love athletics, science and mathematics."

"So, you're into STEM aspects?"

He nods. "Yeah, I love anything STEM related."

"Have you ever thought about becoming an engineer or scientist?"

He snorts, "Of course not."

"What about a doctor?"

He shrugs. "I'm not really sure."

"Do you plan to attend college after you graduate?"

"Yes."

"I don't mean to scare you but you have to start thinking what career you want to get into, so it's easier to pick your major and minors in college."

"I know," he answers, sighing, "It's just that my parents are expecting me to go to law school."

I hug him. "You need to do what's best for you, not for anyone else."

He hugs me back. "You're right."

"You have to find out your aspirations in life soon," I continue, "It's crucial to know; especially now." I offer, "I'll even help you after we get out of here."

"Help me how?"

"If we get out of here before Spring Break ends, I'll spend the remainder helping you find your passion," I promise.

"You'll really help me?"

"Of course," I respond, "I don't want you to be one of those lost people, who don't know where to go."

"I'll never be lost as long as I'm with you."

We break apart and I kiss him.

"That wasn't a question," he teases.

"I know," I chuckle, "Do you have any ideas for colleges to apply to?"

"Yeah," he responds, kissing me. "There's the University of—"

"Great!" I say with excitement, unintentionally cutting him off, "That's a step forward."

"It is," he says in awareness, smiling. "It is!"

I kiss him. "What hobbies do you have outside of anything educational?" He opens his mouth, but I add, "And athletic?"

He stops and thinks for a moment. "I like observing nature."

"What do you mean?" I ask, "Like going on hikes?"

"Yes, I love hikes," he remarks, "I just love the idea of knowing what's around me."

"Why?"

"It keeps me wondering," he responds, grinning, "It also soothes me, by reminding me that if there's no beauty in something, there's always beauty on this planet. Nature."

I eye him in surprise, kissing him. "You take joy in watching nature take course?"

He nods. "I love the smell of rain, the sound of thunder, the smell of flowers, the feeling of the heat, and the feeling of the coldness. Everything really."

I snort, "My Jakie is a tree-hugger."

He shrugs. "Call me what you may, but I just enjoy what's here."

"What is one thing you hate?"

He gazes at me intently. "Hate about what? People, books, animals, etcetera?"

"Anything."

"I hate negativity," he groans, "And I hate it when people say 'it's a cold world out there'. It just pisses me off." He looks like he wants to say more, so I allow him to think for a bit and say more. "What's so cold about this world? The only time it's cold is when the season is winter."

"So, you don't like people insulting the planet?"

"It's not that I don't like it," he clarifies, "It's just that I hate people blaming the planet for bad things. It's not earth that's cold; it's some of the people that are on it."

"You make a valid point," I agree, nodding.

"I don't know what it is, but it gets under my skin when people use that phrase." He continues ranting, "People should be appreciative for what the world provides us with: air, gravity, water, and land. The list goes on and on."

I punch his arm.

"What was that for?" he says, rubbing his arm.

"You could be a naturalist or something!" I suggest with excitement. "I've never heard you speak about something with such passion."

"I guess my aspirations derive from nature," he says, grinning.

"That's another step forward." I kiss him quickly. "Do you like animals?"

"Love them," he replies, "They're the extra aspect of beauty on this planet."

"Me too," I laugh, "Remember when we got into an argument over this?"

He thinks for a moment and nods, laughing. "Yeah. How is the vegetarian thing going along?"

"It's... challenging," I titter, "But it's worth it. The more I'm around meat; the more I'm disgusted by it. I mean, it's flesh and it was once living!"

"I know!" he says in agreement.

I shake my head in disbelief. "But when I asked you that day about eating meat, you claimed that you still, quote on quote, have your dosage of meat."

"True but it's not like I have a choice."

"What do you mean?" I press.

He exhales, "My parents won't allow me to become a vegetarian." He runs his fingers through his hair, eyeing the ground in aggravation. "They claim that it's unhealthy and not the right lifestyle to live."

I grow with anger. "But it's your body and your choice of what goes in it," I growl.

"I know," he sighs, "The moment I tried to be a vegetarian, they practically chided me and gave me a two hour speech about the purpose of animals, which in their minds, is providing mankind with an extra dish. Additionally, they made every meal with meat in it, so if I didn't eat, I'd basically starve. Long story short, I gave up and am still eating meat."

"Are you happy?"

"Of course not," he replies, "I feel like I go a mile to make them happy but they won't go as much as a foot for me."

"Then why don't you stand up for yourself?"

He answers, "Because it will only get me into trouble."

"Trouble like what?"

"Punishments like grounding and taking away privileges."

"For someone as outspoken as you, I'm surprised."

He frowns. "I know. It's pitiful, isn't it?"

I hold him. "No."

"Can we continue this in a bit? I'm kind of hungry and tired."

"I am too now that you mention it."

We both arise and exit the bathroom.

*~*

Lying on the mattress with Jake, I finish my second yogurt and down my water quickly.

He groans, "I'd kill for some real food right now."

"Me too," I also groan, "I have a feeling that you and I will hate yogurt, celery, carrots, cauliflower, pineapples, and everything else she put in that mini-fridge by the time we get out of here."

"I already hate cake," Jake sighs, eating a celery stick.

"At least we're eating veggies and fruits, right?" I point out, "Especially since the vegetarian thing."

"Good point," he chuckles, "That's what I like about you, Rico. You look on the brighter side of things. I should be doing that, considering that I hate negativity."

I retrieve my apple from the mat and bite into it. "You have to look at the brighter side of everything or else you'll only focus on the dark side. You have to have a balance of the both. For every bright side, there's a dark side. For every dark side, there's a bright side."

He stuffs his mouth with cauliflower and baby carrots. "When we get out of here, I'm taking you out."

"Taking me out where?" I ask, laying my head on his chest.

"A picnic," he responds.

"Who said I wanted to go on a picnic?"

Instantly, he says, "Sorry. It's okay if—"

"I'm kidding, Jakie," I giggle, running my hand on his chest. "A picnic sounds amazing." I add, "I know it's driving you crazy to be cooped in here."

He chuckles, "Yes it is. I can't wait to smell the fresh air."

"What are you going to do? Kiss the ground?" I joke.

"Probably," he chortles, "Because of Luciana, I might have an aversion for equipment rooms from now on."

"Me too," I laugh along with him.

He asks, "Can I say something?"

I kiss his cheek. "Go ahead."

"I'm actually glad your friend did this to us—"

I smack his chest. "Seriously?"

"—because you and I are both stubborn and neither of us would've admitted our feelings at the rate we were going," he finishes. "We wouldn't be like this."

"That's not true," I argue, "I was going to confess to you earlier this week but you were all touchy feely with Veronica."

"When?"

"At lunch," I respond. He goes silent, which for some strange reason angers me. "What are you going to do about her when we get out of here?" I demand.

"I'm going to tell her that I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend, who possesses a modest space and a bubble butt."

I smile in delight. He knows how to say the right things. Being opinionated as I am, I reply, "I just feel like we would've became this way on our own, without being involuntarily imprisoned in a hot equipment room."

"I understand, Rico."

I smirk, smacking his chest again.

"Either way, I'm just happy with you."

"Sweet, me too," I grin.

We both stay quiet for several moments until Jake breaks it. "Rico, I have a confession."

"What is it?"

"I lied about my first kiss," he admits, facing me, "You were my first kiss."

"But you said Veronica was your first kiss."

He quivers in distaste. "No. I mean, she stole a kiss to my cheek before, but she and I have never kissed the way we kiss. That's why I was so surprised that you said I'm an amazing kisser."

Shocked, I snort, "I bet you could tie a knot with a cherry stem, using your tongue."

"I'm sorry for lying to you. I was embarrassed about it."

I respond by pecking his lips.

He yawns then I yawn. Instantly, I feel sleepiness creeping in on me. I don't fight it.

"Is it weird that nature is my aspiration?" he questions.

"Not at all," I answer, beginning to fall asleep.

"But there's one thing that I absolutely aspire," Jake groggily says, placing his arm around my waist.

"What?"

"I aspire to still be like this with you in the future. You make me a better person, Rico."

"Not true, Jake," I sleepily mumble in his chest, "You make yourself a better person."

—————————————————

Okay if there's a lot of spacing, blame it on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Google Chrome keeps closing saying how my profile can't be opened correctly and shit. Also internet explorer is just terrible with copy & paste. I'm frustrated and annoyed with both applications. I'm off to play Sims 3. Anyway, hope you all enjoy this chapter. 3185 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 1.4K 34
In an all boys boarding school surrounded by football players 18 year olds Alex, Sam, Jason and Parker have two years left in school. Two years, to f...
149K 13.6K 34
Noah Riley didn't mean to drown, or did he? But waking up in another boy's hoodie entices him not only to live a little longer but also to solve the...
4.6K 172 22
Guy looked at me with a serious expression on his face, "You know James, it seems to me like you might have a crush on me." I immediately got defensi...