Locked Out of Spring Break (R...

By OddballWriter

[Warning: As I look back at the earlier chapters of this story, I realize the misogynistic/transphobic/homoph... More

Locked Out of Spring Break
Copyright & Longer Description
Prologue
Chapter 1: Sideways
Chapter 2: Extra Credit
Chapter 4: Losing The War
Chapter 5: Smacking Butts
Chapter 6: Boxer Size
Chapter 7: Spring Break
Chapter 8: Board Games And Sex
Chapter 9: Just Like Old Times
Chapter 10: Kiss Me
Chapter 11: Accepting Defeat
Chapter 12: No More Cake For Jake
Chapter 13: The First And Only
Chapter 14: Thigh Gaps And Modest Spaces
Chapter 15: Ruined The Moment
Chapter 16: Aspirations
Chapter 17: Only Lips And Tongue
Chapter 18: Bad Dreams And Swollen Eyes
Chapter 19: Tickles And Apologies
Chapter 20: Kissing The Ground
Chapter 21: Freed
Chapter 22: Breakfast With Apologies
Chapter 23: High Hopes
Epilogue

Chapter 3: Helpful Rumor

14.4K 612 254
By OddballWriter

:) Here you go!

—————————————————

"You seem to be in a rush," Jake says, following me down the hallway. 

"Just piss off, asshole."

"Another nickname," he states, unenthusiastically. 

"You're just that good, Jake. No, that's an understatement, you're perfect and I'm just Rico Arias!"

"You spoke the words out of my mouth. Congratulations, Rico." 

"Ten more points for being an asshole," I remark sarcastically.

He catches up and stands in my way, stopping me from preceding any further. 

"Did Mr. A+'s get under your skin?" he asks, "Or was it possibly Dumb Jock this time?"

"You're really taking it to heart with these nicknames," I point out. 

He chuckles, "If anyone's taking anything to heart, it's you. You're the one who's trying to earn brownie points to raise your grade." 

"At least I serve a purpose for it!" I burst, "You, on the other hand, are just doing it for no reason!"

"Who said I was doing it for no reason? Besides, I need the extra points to stay above a 100% in IB European History, which is a very challenging class by the way." He pauses, looking me up and down. "Something that you wouldn't understand and I gain community service as a result from the activity."

"Someone afraid of receiving anything lower than an A+?" I jab. 

He shrugs. "Not afraid. Just keeping my grades up as usual." 

I scoff, "Because you're so perfect."

"Thanks for recognizing that part of me again, Rico. It would mean so much if that became another nickname for me."

I stop walking and scowl at him. "For the record, Asshole is what I refer to you as on a daily basis, so get too attached to the others."

"How cute," he states, grinning, "The gay boy, that called me a girl the other day, is calling me an asshole."

I chuckle, "Oh, that rumor you started?"

His grin brightens in amusement. "I'm sure you're having a great time trying to get a girlfriend."

I continue snickering, "There is no trying for me. I just don't want one, considering the fact that I am gay." 

His face falls in shock. "So, you are gay?"

"I can't believe someone as smart as you didn't even know it," I laugh, "It's too bad that I have absolutely no chance in finding a girlfriend now."

He snarls, "This game you're playing—"

"There's no game," I cut him off. "Thanks for telling everyone that little detail about me. Now, I don't need to worry about girls hitting on me."

"So, this rumor actually helped you?"

"Yep," I answer, smiling, "Plus, I feel a gay vibe from a guy, that may or may not be interested in me." 

He huffs. "Seriously?"

"Seriously." 

"So, why didn't you tell anyone?" 

"I personally feel that it's no one else's business, but since you told the whole school, it's everyone's business now."

He laughs to himself, "You could've denied it, but you didn't." 

"Deny who I am? No thanks." I place my hand on his shoulder. "You wouldn't happen to be a gay-hater, would you?" 

He shrugs away from my touch. 

"I guess that answers my question," I chuckle, "But there's no reason to worry. You aren't my type."

He doesn't respond at all, which lightens up my smile. 

"The asshole didn't get his way, huh? Not like you did with the lice rumor?" 

He says nothing again, so I continue walking to my next period. 

"This guy," he says aloud, "Who is he?" 

I turn to face him. 

He eyes the ground. "The one who you sense gay vibes from?" 

"That's none of your business." 

I walk away, humming Moonlight Sonata in victory. 

*~*

"What?" 

"I told you," I repeat, "I won again. His little rumor wasn't a rumor." 

"So, I don't have to beat his ass?"

"No, Luci." 

"Damn," she mutters, "I really wanted to nail his IB ass on a wall." 

I laugh, "You're allowing the Lucifer side to take over, Luci." 

"I don't care," she remarks, "My name has Luci in it for a good reason."

I take a french fry into my mouth. 

"What was his reaction to you being gay?"

"I touched his shoulder and he shrugged away from me." 

"How did he do it?" she asks. "There's a difference in types of shrugs."

"What?"

"Did he do the hesitant-unsure shoulder shrug or the get-the-hell-away-from-me shrug?" 

"I don't know," I respond. 

"Show me how he did it." 

"Luciana, really?" 

"Just show me."

I reenact the way I think he did it. 

"Oh my god."

"What?"

"He did that shrug?" 

"What shrug?" 

"He did the hesitant-unsure shrug!"

"I'm pretty sure it was the get-the-hell-away-from-me shrug."

"No," she states, convinced, "He was surprised and heartbroken." 

"I don't like the assumptions you're making." 

"Did he or did he not look saddened when you mentioned this fake guy you think has feelings for you?"

"I don't know." 

"Didn't he also ask about this guy?"

"Yes, but he was just being a nosy bastard, so that he can spread more rumors about me." 

"He loves you, Rico."

I glare at her. "You're going to burn in the pits of hell, Luci." 

"And you love him too. That's why you made up this guy, to get him jealous." 

"I didn't make up this guy," I defend. 

She folds her arms across her chest and looks at me in disbelief. "You would've told me about this guy, Rico. Plus, when you said that, your jaw clenched, which means you're lying." 

"My jaw didn't clench."

"It just did, Rico. You're caught now." She childishly grins. 

"Okay, you caught me," I sigh, "But, in my defense, I did it to let him know that I'm winning. If I told him that a lot of people look at me differently, he would've been satisfied and I didn't want that." 

"Admit it. You like him."

"He's not my type."

She shook her head, giggling, "Yes he is." 

"No he's not." 

"Yes he is." 

I groan, "I hate you. You're so inarguable, Luci." 

"Who uses inarguable, Rico? Oh yeah. Jake Terrence. That's who." 

"So what? He doesn't own the word."

"You really are sounding more and more like him, with your somewhat formal diction." 

I groan, "Formal diction?"

"What? I learned it in AP English," she says, "Just thought I should point it out for my benefit, since we're being quizzed on it today." 

"My word-choice is not influenced by Jake."

"See? You did it again. Your words aren't so simple anymore."

"Okay, so what?" 

She rolls her eyes. "I'm done arguing with you." 

"Great."

Her face looks as if a light bulb lit up above her head. "What was up with you last night?" she asks. 

"What do you mean?" I ask, eating another french fry.

"You told me that Ken and I would be perfect for each other and then hung up." 

I almost choke on my fry, so I take a drink from my chocolate milk. "Just think about it."

"I barely know him."

"Come on, Luci. You have to admit that he's cute." 

"What are you up to?" 

"Just know a cute couple when I see one."

"Well, I wish you thought the same about you and Jake. You can't say that there isn't any potential between you two."

"He's irrelevant to this chitchat." 

She smirks. 

"Screw you, Luci. His name isn't written on any words." 

"His name is written on your heart." 

I change the subject back to it's original topic. "So, you and Ken would be the perfect couple." 

"No. Blonde isn't my type, plus he's a music nerd like you." 

"But, he's cute and sweet," I retort. Then, I realize she insulted me. "Hey! I wouldn't say music nerd, I'd rather you call me a music enthusiast." 

"He likes me doesn't he?" she asks, ignoring my comment.

"I don't know," I lie. 

"Your jaw clenched again."

"No it didn't."

She looks around the cafeteria like a madwoman. "I'm going to tell him that I'm not interested, so that you'll shut up." 

"You don't have to do that...."

"I know that he's your friend, but I'm not into guys like him." 

"Just because you're prejudiced against blondes, doesn't make it okay to take it out on Ken."

"I don't want a perfect Ken Doll."

"He's not a Ken Doll."

She frowns. "He's too perfect for me. Have you looked at me lately? Him and I wouldn't even look right together." 

"Luci—" 

"Drop it, Rico. I'm not interested in him at all." 

"Luci, a lot of guys like you actually, but for some reason, they all think you and I are a couple." 

She doesn't look amused. "Quit lying." 

"I'm not. Ken told me," I blurt. 

She looks around more crazily, standing up. "I'm going to tell him that he's not my type." 

"Luci," I say, looking behind her. 

"Don't stop me either. Don't play this cupid crap on me, Rico."

"Luci—"

She scowls at me, shutting me up. 

"Hi, Luciana Gunberg." 

She snaps around and is surprised to see Ken right there. 

"Hi," she says back. "Rico just told me that you're interested in me."

His eyes flicker at me in disappointment. 

I start, "I didn't—"

"I'm not interested," she bluntly states. 

Ken grins slightly. "Can you give me a chance to make you interested?" 

"No."

He takes her hand into his and kisses it. "This won't be the last time you'll see me. I'm not giving up on you, Luciana Gunberg."

She looks taken aback a bit, shrugging her hand away, looking away from him. "Well, you will eventually, once you realize how stupid you'll look." 

"As long as it's for you, Luciana Gunberg."

"Stop calling me by my first and last name."

"Sorry, Luciana." 

"Rico, get your friend, before I kill him." 

He smiles. "I won't give up on you, Luciana." He turns around and starts walking away. 

Luciana exhales, "What the hell?"

"You just gave him the hesitant-unsure shrug, Luci."

Her eyebrows arch in annoyance. "Don't spit my words back at my face, Rico."

"You like him." I grin in mischief. 

"No I don't." 

"Look me in my eyes and say that, Luci." 

She tries but fails miserably. "Okay, he's cute." 

My grin broadens. "Why not give him a chance?" 

"Because being cute is not going to make me fall for a guy. He has to have a decent personality too. I'm not that superficial." 

"Well, don't push him away either." 

She heavily sighs. "Whatever." 

"Now you know how I feel," I claim. 

"I know true love when I see it."

"So do I." 

"Please just admit it like a man."

"Admit what?" 

"That you like him," she implores, "Please." 

"If I say it, will you shut up?" 

She nods. "Yeah. I admitted that Ken is cute, so why not admit you're in love with Jake." 

"Not in love," I remark. 

"You like him," she pursues. 

"Okay, I like him," I snap, "Happy now?" 

She simpers graciously. "Say you like him a lot." 

"I like him a lot." 

"Again." 

"I like him a lot."

"Why do you like him a lot?"

"Because he's my type." 

"And what's your type?" 

"Enough, Luci."

"Come on!"

I roll my eyes. "I have a thing for smart guys, especially like him." 

"Say it again."

"I have a thing for guys like Jake."

"Jake who?" 

"Jake Terrence," I mumble. 

"Louder." 

"I like Jake Terrence," I repeat, a little louder. Out of nowhere, my breathing began to stagger. "I like Jake Terrence." It seemed like it rolled off my tongue naturally. A chesire smile spreads across Luciana's face deviously, as she pulled out her phone and pressed a button. Soon, I hear our conversation we just had. 

"Really, Luciana?" I grumble, "Really?"

"Really." She laughs, "This is my new ringtone." 

"Luciana, I will kill you."

"Now, you can't deny it anymore." 

Despite what she just did, I have to admit that I'm not really upset by it. "I guess I can't deny it anymore." 

She hugs me tightly. "The best part is that he likes you back."

"Yeah," I state, smiling. "I'm going to tell him how I feel." 

Right when I say that, Luciana pulls away and her mouth drops. "What?" I ask, following her gaze. My eyes landed on Jake, who is whispering in Veronica Harold's ear, while she seductively rubs his leg. 

—————————————————

Hope you enjoyed~ If so, feel free to vote/comment! :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 59.9K 45
"Noah, I won't do it unless you ask me to," he whispered, his voice seductively low. "What?" I asked almost breathless. "Kiss you," he murmured. "And...
782 45 14
*** This is the sequel to another story I wrote on Wattpad. If you haven't read the first one, I highly, highly recommend reading it so you know who...
121K 3.3K 33
Nathan's life: school, work, secrets, and survival. Ryder's life: soccer, friends, awesomeness, and his mom's annoying attempts to set him up. Nathan...
541 73 32
Austin and Ross met by accident, just another cliché trope, but will this trope carry on or end right that minute? "What the fuck dude?" Ross gro...