No Strings Attached (Jungkook...

By guktwt

Being in a fake relationship always meant that everything in the relationship would be fake. From the kisses... More

Part 1: No Strings Attached?
Part 2: Every Photo Has It's Own Story
Part 4: Amusement Parks
Part 5: Letting Go
Part 6: New Beginnings
Part 7: Happy Birthday, Jungkook.
Part 8: Haeun
Part 9: Can I Kiss You?
Part 10: I Love You, Goodbye.
Part 11: Once Upon A Time (FINALE)
Author's Note
[ author's note ]
another author's note
thank you

Part 3: By you, and because of you

18.1K 819 701
By guktwt

(Jungkook's POV)

Present Time

The moment I stepped out of the cupcake shop, I let out a huge huff of breath. Looking down at the cupcakes that were sitting in the bag, I felt my lips tug into a smile. I turned around to look through the window, in hopes of seeing her again after I left.

Frowning, I placed my fingers on the window to see nothing but the empty cashier desk.

I started to walk to the nearest bench to eat the cupcakes, they looked so delicious from afar and I couldn't help myself. The cupcake shop smelt of strawberries and chocolate, just like Seoyeon.

Sitting on the bench, I pulled out my camera, searching for a specific picture that I absolutely adored and admired just by the beauty of it. Stopping at the picture, I felt my thumb graze upon the viewfinder.

I stared at the picture of her. It was a candid photo of her, not knowing that someone was taking a picture of her from afar. Behind the window of a shop, she was sitting on top of the countertop, putting some frosting on her vanilla cupcakes that she just pulled out from the kitchen.

It was Seoyeon.

I smiled.

"Once upon a time.. the lost prince charming fell in love with his fake princess."

~~~~

(Narrator's POV)

Past - A year ago...

The two of them managed to enter through the school doors without causing any commotion or a whirl of whispers throughout the hallways. In all honesty, Seoyeon has never been so afraid of what people or her peers would think about her for being in this 'relationship' with Jungkook. On the other hand, Jungkook didn't seem to care, all he cared about was getting Haeun back.

And that's all that mattered to him.

"Why is it so quiet?" Seoyeon whispered, not noticing that she's still holding hands with Jungkook. Until she noticed, she scowled quietly, "ugh, and when can I let go?"

"I have no idea why it's surprisingly quiet, does it matter to you?" Jungkook hissed, before looking through the empty hallway. Once the coast was clear, he quickly let go her hand.

Seoyeon chuckled, smirking, "your hands are pretty disgusting when they're sweaty as fuck."

"One more insult and I'm going to kill you." He hissed and she folded her arms, still not convinced. "Don't tell me you want more burgers in order to convince you."

"Are my insults that harsh?" She smiled sarcastically, "come on, I thought you were better than me."

"You're lucky my parents raised me orderly, if I wasn't, I'd probably have punched you by now." He sighed angrily, combing his fingers through his hair. "Where the fuck is she?"

"Who?" Seoyeon asked before face palming herself. "Oh.. her."

"Yeah, for a highly graded student, you're pretty stupid." Seoyeon gasped and she playfully punched him in the arm, receiving a low chuckle from him. "It's true."

"One more insult and I'm never going to help you with your math, you douche." She mocked him, and Jungkook rose his hands up in defeat.

"Ugh, you win." He sighed, second-mindedly grabbing her hand as they walked down the hallway and up the stairs to her first period class.

They reached her class and he pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her waist. He placed his lips on the crown of her head, placing soft kisses. He placed his hands on her cheeks, kissing her forehead and the tip of her nose. Seoyeon faked a giggle, before gagging on the inside.

She gave him a look and he pulled away, "I'll see you later, babe."

He nodded his head at her, waving as he started to make his way down the second floor hall. "See you later, chinese takeout later?"

"That sounds amazing, love you!" She felt herself cringe on the inside, and she knew he was feeling the same exact way as well.

He faked a smile, "love you too."

She turned around to enter her first period class, the whole class falling silent the moment she took two steps in. All eyes were on her, and some of the looks were quite judgemental and intimidating.

Some of the girls were giving her dirty looks, and some of them looked like they were judging her. On the other hand, the only one who looked pretty interested and proud was Bora, the only girl with a bright face in the class. Seoyeon felt her head hang low just by thinking of what all the girls were thinking about her.. with Jungkook.

"Bestie, sit over here!" She looked up to see Bora waving her over to the desk sitting right beside her. "I got you an iced cappuccino and a slice of pizza!"

Seoyeon felt herself smile once again, the nervous feeling inside her gut beginning to fade away.

Maybe it wasn't that bad. She was beginning to get used to it.. she hopes.

~~~~

"I didn't know you and Seoyeon ended up dating until yesterday."

Jungkook fist bumped Taehyung as he sat right next to him. As usual, he received the same dreamy looks the girls in his class would give him. In addition, he received the same treatment from the same group of girls who told him that first break ups would be bad, but eventually he would move on.

And maybe find another girl.. that wasn't Seoyeon.

"Did Bora not tell you that it's just a fake relationship?" Jungkook whispered to him, and Taehyung's eyes widened.

"Omo, really?!" He exclaimed, his tone of voice so loud that it caught everyone's attention.

Jungkook gulped nervously, hushing Taehyung down, "can you control yourself?"

"Mianhae.." He trailed off and Jungkook sighed. Jungkook leaned back in his chair that was attached to the desk, looking at the blank Tae who was staring off in the distance.

After a moment of silence, Taehyung looked at Jungkook again. He placed his hands onto Jungkook's desk, leaning closer towards him. Jungkook raised an eyebrow as he stared at the boy who looked like he had something in mind, but didn't know how to put it into words.

"So this is.. a fake relationship?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook nodded in reply. "So.. you guys aren't in love with each other?"

Jungkook nodded his head, "I'm not in love with her, she's not in love with me. It's a relationship where there are no strings attached."

"Wait.. why?" Taehyung looked oddly confused.

Jungkook chuckled, "for an alien, you're a slow one."

"But Seoyeon hates you to death, you know that right?" Taehyung reminded him and Jungkook burst out into laughter. "What's so funny?"

"I know that she hates me, but she has no choice but to help me out." Jungkook began, "she loves insulting me, and too much insults result to a punishment."

"The punishment being..?" Taehyung pleaded for him to continue.

"This fake relationship." Jungkook looked at Taehyung seriously and Taehyung finally got some sense into him, his eyes widening even more.

Taehyung looked really worried, his eyebrows furrowing, "you do know what you're getting yourself into, right?"

"I do, but the thing is, she hates me and I hate her." Jungkook fiddled with his fingers, trying to get his point across. "There's just no way that I could fall in love with her, and vice versa. I'm only doing this to get Haeun back."

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, "alright, but if something happens.. it's all you."

"I know." He smiled and opened the first few pages of his math textbook.

Taehyung leaned in one more time, whispering, "but is the fake relationship working?"

~~~~

One Month Later...

"Yah, I explained it thoroughly.. and you still don't understand it?!"

Jungkook scratched the nape of his neck, chuckling nervously as he shook his head in reply. It's been almost a month since Seoyeon got into the depths of math, tutoring Jungkook as much as she can just to keep himself up with his average grades.

Although, because of Haeun, he was slowly failing.

"It's hard, I just.. I don't get it." Jungkook sighed frustratingly and Seoyeon was starting to feel guilty for yelling at him.

"Hey, sorry." She began, before sitting next to him around the dining table. "Sometimes, math sucks, and sometimes.. you just don't get it. Equations can be fucking hard, I know. But I don't want you failing this class."

Jungkook turned his head to the right, completely stopping himself because it was a bad idea. The two of them were inches close to each other, and Seoyeon's eyes widened like saucers. He moved away, and she cleared her throat.

"Why do you care about my grades, anyway?" He asked and she quirked an eyebrow.

"I care because if you fail.. then you fail." She replied, pointing to him, "and if you fail.. you're not going to get Haeun back. Trust me, she likes smart boys."

"How would you know that if you don't know her as much as I do?" He questioned her and she chuckled.

"You're pretty dumb when it comes to break-ups and make-ups." She rolled her eyes, and out of nowhere she found herself combing her fingers through his hair.

She stopped, pulling her hand away. Maybe it was the feeling of him being close to her and the feeling of him by her side that made her do that in instinct. Or maybe his hair just looked fucked up. Or maybe she was getting too comfortable with Jungkook in her presence 24/7.

"Sorry, it's just.. your hair was kind of standing in different directions." She apologized and he smirked.

"You really love saying 'sorry', don't you?" She frowned, smacking the back of his head.

"Focus on your work, Jeon Jungkook."

~~~~

(Seoyeon's POV)

It has been almost a month of this fake relationship and if I were to be honest, everything is going by smoothly. But the only thing we don't know is if it's effective on Haeun. She looked pretty affected the moment our 'relationship' has been spread throughout the school campus.

I was walking down the halls after class, I happened to forget some binders in my locker. On top of that, I had to confirm my project with my professor, just because I loved that feeling of security of getting a good final mark.

"They're still together?" I heard a whisper from down the hall, and I stopped in my tracks.

"I don't see what Jungkook sees in that girl, she's pretty.. average." I placed my hands on my hips, trying to make out what was being said about me.

"Her fashion sense is wack, her face is disgusting and she's not even that popular." I winced at the comment, only to felt the tears brim in the corners of my eyes at the last one.

"She should stay under the radar, not where Jungkook is. Now I'm beginning to see why Jungkook bullied her in the first place, she's just a loser. He probably made her his girlfriend just because he felt bad for her."

I frowned, a tear escaping my eye. It was like all the anger that was hiding within me was beginning to spoil and flow out through my tears. It was like all the anger for Jungkook that was hidden in me, was ready to unleash.

"Yah, you're in my way. You're pretty anti-social, I'm actually glad I got rid of you." Jungkook smirked, kicking me in the shin as I fell to the ground with a thud. "You're just a deadweight, Seoyeon-ah."

I fixed my pants, dusting off the dirt that left a huge stain on my knees. Jungkook picked me up, looking in my eyes as he let go of me once again, making me fall to the ground with another thud. Everyone gathered around and started to laugh at me, and I shut my eyes just so that I could wish that everything was all just a dream.

"You're chicken, you're not confident in yourself. How funny.. and ridiculous." Jungkook shook his head, "I actually feel sorry for your own parents. You're useless."

I bit my lip, whimpering at the pain in my shins and ankles that were probably broken by now. I sat up onto my butt, wiping away the tears that were never coming to an end.

"Hey! Scram, you idiots!" I looked up to see none other than Bora, who picked me back up onto my feet to take care of me.

I pursed my lips into a line, my hands balling into fists.

Was Jungkook playing a game on me? Was he just using me as his 'fake' girlfriend just because he felt bad for me? Was I used to gain my reputation at school?

Was this fake relationship, fake?

I stormed out of the school, running down the sidewalks. I was raging, my blood boiling and my eyes furrowed like they had a life of its own. Bumping into a muscular chest, I stumbled back, and I looked up to see none other than the devil.. Jeon Jungkook.

He looked pretty surprised and worried, looking at my face that was probably red by now. I shook my head, harshly pushing him aside. He managed to grab my wrists to stop me from hurting him any more.

"Seoyeon, why are you cryi—"

"Why am I crying?!" I spat, pushing him hard so that he would let go of me.

"You were completely fine all day, what happened?" He asked, staring at me bewilderedly.

"What happened?!" I screamed, "You happened! This happened!"

"What are you talking about? I don't understand what you're trying to tell me." He said softly and I sighed frustratedly, my hands dropping to my sides.

"I know what you're trying to do, Jungkook." I began, "you're using me just because you feel bad for me."

"What?" He looked confused, really confused.

"You don't need to tell me that you're using me in this 'fake' relationship of yours, just to raise my reputation, just because you felt bad for me, just because I'm a stupid loser." I belted out. "If you're doing this to boost my standings in popularity at school, I don't need your help."

"Seoyeon, I don't understand—"

"Then don't understand!" I yelled. "Just please, stay away from me, I don't want to get bullied again."

"Bullied, again?" He asked me, my tears still streaming down my face.

I nodded my head, sobbing, dropping to my knees as I felt myself get weak on the inside. I looked up at him, and I hoped that he would understand how I was feeling on the inside.

"I'm getting bullied, again." I whispered, hugging myself. "But this time, I'm not getting bullied by you, but because of you."

In a matter of seconds, I felt arms wrap around me, pulling me back onto my feet. I felt myself stiffen at his touch. His breath hit against my neck and it sent shivers throughout my body. He mumbled soft 'sorry''s here and there, and I was beginning to feel myself forget our past.. my past.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, combing his fingers through my hair. "I'm sorry, and I mean it."

"Is it true?" I mumbled, "the reputation, the pity for me, is it true?"

He shook his head, "no, that will never be true. I can't hurt you again, after hurting you badly the first time, I can't do the same thing ever again. Knowing that I bullied you for no reason, I felt like a jerk and I would be a complete asshole if I did it again."

I sighed, finally giving up and wrapping my arms around him. I snuggled into his shoulder, wiping the tears that were finally starting to dry on my cheeks.

"What are we going to do about the bullies?" I asked.

He pulled away from the hug, looking me in the eyes. He looked angry, his nostrils flaring and I swore I saw steam flow out of it, "just watch and see."

~~~~

"Good morning, class, I would like you to turn to page—"

"Sir, can I please come up to the front and make an announcement?"

I looked across the classroom to see Jungkook leaning back in his desk, a serious look on his face. Our eyes met, and I gave him a questioning look. He sent me a reassuring smile, and looked back at the teacher.

"Is it important?" Jungkook nodded in reply, walking to the front of the classroom.

He placed his hands onto the teacher's desk, looking specifically at the front row. My eyes started to widen, nervous as to what he was going to do next.

"Bullying, I hate it." He began, sneering at the girls who were sitting in the front row. "It disgusts me. And if you are to ever bully Seoyeon, I would watch yourself because I am definitely ready to see you in the principal's office. And if you are ever to bully anyone on this school campus, I don't see why Seoyeon has to be put under the radar."

The whole class gasped, and erupted into whispers. I looked at Jungkook with a shocked look on my face. "Don't hurt her, I hate seeing her hurt."

"What is he doing?" Bora whispered and I completely ignored her, until she finally nodded her head as if she understood. "Finally, it took him goddamn long for a big ass realization of what he did to you."

"I know I bullied her, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't a huge asshole—sorry for the language, sir—and I have no power to bully her in any way, because she has a beautiful personality.. so beautiful that it's fragile." He smiled, looking at me. "Please, don't hurt the fragile.. one insult can smash it into pieces."

"Jungkook, you may now sit, thank you for your speech—"

"If you bully Seoyeon, I will have no hesitation in beating your ass—thank you sir!"

Jungkook made his way back to his desk, and as he got to his desk, he made sure he sent death glares to the girls sitting at the front. I looked at him and he smiled, a smile that completely made me feel relieved.

"That's honestly so sweet of him," Bora smiled, nudging me. "He hurt you then, and now he's here to make things right."

I nodded my head, my eyes still looking at his. "It is so sweet of him.."

"So, what are you guys?" She asked and I pried my stare off of Jungkook back to Bora.

"We're.." I trailed off.

"Is he still considered the asshole that you hate to death?" Bora asked, "or is he finally considered one of your friends?"

I looked at her, shrugging my shoulders, "with what he did just now, that probably took a huge amount of balls to do.. I guess we could be friends. I've forgiven him."

"Awe, I knew you wouldn't hold grudges for that long!" She exclaimed, the whole class paying their attention towards her. She pursed her lips into a line, sinking into her seat, "focus on your work, you dickheads!"  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 275 10
He betrayed me. He left me broken hearted. He made me become a killer. Next thing I knew he came back. My body is itching for revenge. Dear Butterfly...
195 10 9
You and Jungkook has been friends for almost 3 years when you started college since the both of you hangs out in the same group of friends but when y...
282K 9.9K 34
❝come on! bora, please! i love you!❞ he yelled. everyone was staring at us. ❝dont lie to me! i know youre faking everything!❞ i shouted. ❝what do you...
778K 30.2K 51
Although Jungkook and Jimin aren't mates, they made a promise to stay together regardless of any complicated obstacles that could come along the way...