Hiding from Mr. Alpha, Ha Goo...

By twitchylove

Don't get me wrong I love my brother and his friends, but it would be nice to make some friends of my own oth... More

Hiding from Mr. Alpha, Ha Good Luck
Chapter 2- Safe Haven
Chapter 3- Secrets
Chapter 4- What are you doing?
Chapter 5- I told you so..
Chapter 6- One hell of a headache
Chapter 7- Man, Oh, Man.
Chapter 8- Surprises
Chapter 10- She's kidding right?
Chapter 11- Bro time
Chapter 12- Game on!
Chapter 13- She's gone...Like really gone!
Chapter 14- If it's war you want...Its war you shall get!
Chapter 15- You lookin for lil old me?
A/N
Chapter 16- To make you feel my love.
Chapter 17- Your part of the family now
Chapter 18 - Promises
Chapter 19- A rude awakening.
Chapter 20- Monkey see, Monkey do!
Chapter 21- He's a monkey, not a kid.
Chapter 22- Challenge accepted
Chapter 23 - What? Im a sucker for Legs!
Chapter 24- A flashy new Tattoo?
Chapter 25- Looks like your time is up
Chapter 26- Who's the crazy lady?
Chapter 27- What did I tell you about hanky panky?
Chapter 28- Friends in high places
Chapter 29 - The kind of trouble I live for
Chapter 30- Impossible
Chapter 31 - Sexy but Simple
Chapter 32- Down and Dirty.
Chapter 33- The Paintroom
Chapter 34- YOLO
Chapter 35- It's out of our hands.
Chapter 36- Admission is the first step
Chapter 37- Cheater
Chapter 38- Lessons
Chapter 39- A girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do.
Chapter 40- Our loyalties lie with our true Alpha's
Chapter 41- Payback
Chapter 42- Driving ME insane?
Chapter 43- With cream you say?
Chapter 44- Unexpected night.
Chapter 45- Your the one calling the shots now, right?
Chapter 46- Riddles and Announcements.
Chapter 47- The hunt for my Luna.
Epilog - Hunting for my Luna- *title subject to change*
A/n

Chapter 9- Time crunch

160K 3.2K 273
By twitchylove

HOLY MOLEY GUACAMOLE!!!! WOW Thank you so much for the responses! For everything ya'll are doing to help me. I'm so exited to get this one to you guys. I'm so giddy I cant stop squirming around!!! I cant stop smiling, I think my roomies think I'm CRAZY... And maybe I am.... haven't you ever been told Creativity and crazy go hand in hand!   The Twins are here!---->>

Hope you like it..Ok now...

 On with the show!!!

 Luke's POV

I watched Eva run off through the trees and I fought the urge to run after her. I thought for maybe a second she was running to her 'bat cave' but she still had dinner to get out so she couldn't be gone that long. My eyes still on the spot she disappeared through. My wolf as in an uproar demanding I run after her, planting horrible little scenarios in my head of things that could happen to her all alone out there. But I quickly reminded him not only could she handle herself but she would call for help if she needed it. I sighed, tore my eyes away trying to wipe the longing that was I'm sure easy to see there. I turned around and caught everyone still standing there. You could see the confusion clear in some, knowing in others and nervousness in the rest. I rolled my eyes and started walking to the new awesome grills.

"Kevin, Gage come help me get these things moved before the house catches fire" I yelled at them.

"Yarp!" Gage chirped, then chuckled while trotting up behind me. Kevin politely smiled and followed us.

He looked deep in thought and that was never good. Kevin was smart and there was only so long you could hide something from him. He would either figure it out (or at least come really close) or he would be so totally off it was hilarious to listen to how he got to that conclusion. Sadly, I was hoping for the latter of the two, but by the look on his face and the way he had been watching me all day I'm almost positive if he hasn't figured it out he would very soon. That was not something I for one was looking forward too.

We got the grills moved to the patio and got them fired up. Everyone in the house was all standing outside by the pool, laughing at the days excitement. (well all but except Eva.) I sighed at the thought then turned around and smiled at my thought as I was about  to ask them when Kevin beat me to my thoughts.

"Hey Luke, how would you feel about turning this BBQ into a while pack thing? Kind of like a welcome home for Eva. She hasn't seen everyone yet and I know they would love too see her." He said with a smile. I looked behind him and saw the expectant faces waiting for my answer. I smiled.
"Dude stay the hell outta my head!" I joked. "I was just getting ready to ask you the same damn thing." I said with a smile.
"Oh it's not my idea it was Megan and the twins. Who knew an airhead and idiots could come up with good ideas?!" We laughed as we heard the growls from them at the door.  "So is that a yes then?" Brad yelled.
"Yea, why the hell not? It's been a while since we all got together" I told them.
"Then you better send out the APB (All Pack Bulletin) now before it gets much later it's almost 2 now." Kevin smiled at me.

I nodded then opened up my mind to the pack except Eva. I knew they all knew I was there. When I felt them all give me their attention. 'Hey guys, how would you feel about a pack BBQ here this evening to formally welcome Eva home?' I asked them. I didn't like to be the asshole Alpha they all knew I could be. I was trying to keep things civil around here and I absolutely hate it when people in my pack fear me just because I'm the alpha. I don't use the power unless I need too. Yea I'm rough around the edges but this was my family and you don't treat family like slaves like some alphas I've met.
'We would live too Alpha. What time?' One of the women said happily.
'Around 7 I'd say.' I told her with a smile.
'Ok, I'll spread the word and make sure everyone is there' I recognized Cammie's voice (Eva and Kevin's mom, my second mom) she was there everyday growing up, 'Thanks Mama H.'
'No problem dear.' she said and my head went silent and I closed the open link with the pack and was left with my thoughts.

Cammie taught Eva well. Eva was always there to help after my mom died, Cammie stepped up to help take care of the pack, to be the nurturing, mother we all needed. Like a surrogate Luna for us. Being the Beta's wife she was always with the Luna and helping her so she knew the in's and out's of pack dealings.  My father was never the same after my mom passed but we all coped the best we could with losing our Luna. Cammie was there when I needed a 'mom' to talk to. Yea my dad was great and all and did his best but was all Alpha all the time, sometimes I just needed a dad and more often than not I needed a mom. That's where Cammie came in. She taught Eva how to be loving and caring to all around her. No matter how much she pissed us off or we annoyed the hell out of her she was still always there when we needed her. I mean who wants to take care of a pack of misfits like us. I know we drive her nuts but she will take care if us when ever she was around, no matter what.

*************************Flashback*****************************

I couldn't help the excitement that ran through me when Kevin told me she was coming home to stay. I had other reasons for it but I played it off like the rest of them. To be honest I was sick of take out too and ready for her cooking again, and I wasn't looking forward to the pranks that would soon start coming out of the wood work, but all that paled in comparison to just being around her again, I missed her more that I was willing to admit to anyone but my wolf.

When Kevin told me that we had to take her car to the airport for her I jumped all over the chance to get to drive he car. This was the only time she ever let anyone drive it.

On the drive I understood why she didn't like to share this car, it (or she, as Eva would correct every time she would talk about her little 'Kitty') drove like a dream but the best part was it held the most potent addictive scent I have ever smelled in my life. All Eva. I inhaled and sighed. I kept the windows up the whole way so the scent would linger longer. It surrounded me like a cocoon,  Something I would never get used too nor would I tire of.

When she came in the next day she smiled at everyone but stormed up to me first, one hand on her hip and the other pointing an accusing finger at me. The look on my face was probably a mix of shock and horror as she spoke.

"Luke Downs you drove my car and didn't put the seat back or turn the radio down!" she snapped at me. I knew Kevin hadn't told her who drove her car so I was a bit taken aback by her assumption but tried to play it off.

" How do you know it was me, coulda been anyone here short stack!" I snickered out, holding my grin in place as she narrowed her eyes at me.
"Hmm I don't know, maybe cause your scent is all over my car and Mike Posner's 'Bow chicka wow wow' was blaring from the speakers! And your the only one I know that is addicted to that song!" she retorted. My wolf howled in delight she recognized our scent.
"What do you mean you recognized my scent? It coulda been anyone." I questioned.

She looked at me like I was stupid and rolled her eyes. "Luke I have known you since you were still sucking your thumb idiot! Your scent hasn't changed for as long as I can remember, just keeps getting smellier through the years and my car reeks of it!" she snickered.

This was how Eva was, this was her way of playing and telling us she missed us. I smiled at her "Come on Eva...Smalls...??" I smiled almost begging her to crack her gorgeous smile for me. I saw her lip twitch and she was starting to crack.
"You know you missed me!" she tried to hold her glare at me but it crumbled as soon as I gave her the puppy dog face. Something I learned from her by the way.

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "ya big dummy" she smacked me but I pulled her into a bear hug anyway. I discretely inhaled a lungful of her scent just to satisfy my wolf...ok who am I kidding it was for me more than him.

 She hugged me back and laughed then cleared her throat. "Luke I'll be able to feel the love better if I ... Could... Friggin ...BREATH!" she feigned a cough and I laughed. I sat her down and she went around the room giving everyone hell but hugging them anyway.

That was almost a 10 days ago.

***************End Flashback******************

I got in the house and when I say there was practically no room to breath I'm not kidding you. Everyone was doing something productive. Kevin and the twins were making burgers and stacking them on wax paper, Gage and Seth were working on the steaks, and Chris was opening packages of hot dogs and putting them in a Tupperware container. Megan was slicing onions, peppers and mushrooms probably for kabobs.

"Anything I can do guys?" I asked them.
They all looked up at me and laughed but didn't say a word.
"Yea, start chucking the corn on the table." Megan said with a teasing smile. I nodded and turned to the table and froze, HOLY CRAP there was like 20 pounds of corn there! I sighed and grabbed the trash can then got to work. After about 10 minutes of working in silence it was killing me.

I grabbed a towel wiped my hands off. I reached in my pocket for my iPod, put it on a play-list I hoped everyone could deal with, then put it in the docking station in the kitchen and turned it up. Seconds later maroon 5 blared through the kitchen. I looked around and heard no complaints as everyone started to bob their heads. I wondered who would break first and start singing ... My money was on Megan.

With a minute left in the song I was surprised when it was the twins who bellowed out the lyrics. I couldn't stop the bubble of laughter that went through me. Kevin and Megan looked at them like they were nuts! When the song ended they looked around at them and shrugged their shoulders and went back to their hamburger smushing. The next song hyped everyone up with 'cooler than me'. They started bouncing around and singing loudly, myself included with grins plastered on our faces.

I noticed if you have music you enjoy going doing things like this, it doesn't seem so much like work. Its nice to just be able to be 19, hangin out with my friends. Setting aside all other responsibilities and troubles of an Alpha and was just Luke, for the first time in forever I felt free. I smiled as I realized Eva was right about needed to break free, break free of the ties that bind me every now and then.

Almost two hours later we were almost ready to start cooking Megan had filled pots with water and put them on the stove. She had two huge bowls of potatoes cut and the corn was stacked neatly on a 3 trays, the meat was all cut, marinated and the hamburger was all patty sized. Covered and stacked on the counter ready to go out to the grills. Megan was cutting the greens for the salads while the boys made the kabobs while I was trying to slice the tomatoes, wasn't working too well either. I kept smushing them half way through.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when a delicate hand reached over and removed the knife from my hand and replaced it with another.
"Now slice them" Eva smiled up at me. Her voice made everyone's heads snap up at us. She flashed them a 100 watt smile as she opened a drawer and pulled out a hair clip. I watched her as she twisted her hair up and clipped it in place, stretched her arms around her and popped her neck. I shoved back the urge to run my hand across the bare skin of her back and tummy as she did. "ok.." She started then looked at the amount of food laid out in the counter tops.

"Holy crap guys! Are we feeding a small third world country?" she asked astounded. We smiled at her. "Kinda," Kevin said returning her smile. She shook her head and then looked around at us, confusion still clear on her face.
"Ok y'all are not going to eat all if this!" she snickered.
"Who says? Trust me if we tried, we could!" Chad said seriously. She gawked at us as he said that.
"And who says it's all for us?" Brad tacked on sweetly. She looked around the room again at all of us holding the same teasing smile before realization hit her. Her eyes nearly bugged out of her head.

"Shit! Ok boys get the he'll outta my way, I've got work to do, if we are feeding the whole pack I need space." She ordered walking around them to the sink moving the greens to the counter washing her hands.

"Luke, how long do I have?" She asked flustered. 
I looked at my watch. "About 3 in a half hours" I told her then turned back to my cutting. She was right this knife worked much better.She began mumbling about the time crunch and cursing us lowly. 
She sighed.
"Ok those of you who are grilling, get out, and get the tables and crap set up out there...table cloths included in that. Now sheww, scram, get out, toodles, BYE!" All but Megan, the twins and myself scrambled out the back door, grabbing stuff as they went.
"The rest if you are willing to deal with my crazy instructions and spinning around the kitchen like a hurricane you can stay. But I'm warning you now this is something I take very seriously, you get in my way, I'll kick you out." She warned us. 

"ok let's do this" She said, trading her my iPod for hers. She smiled as she threw me mine. I shook my head as she cranked up Nickleback and got to work. 'Because of you' blasted through the kitchen. She closed here eyes and focused. It took a few moments before she started to bounce her head a moment later singing along with the music she started her 'Spinning' around the kitchen gathering things she needed and stacking them neatly on the counter. Her singing got louder as the next Nickleback song started, 'If everyone cared'. God I would never tire of her voice. She was good and could hold an audience. When she never thought we were paying attention or was zoned out like she was now, She mesmerized all that was around her.

I could see the smiles all around the room. I glanced at the door I could see everyone was paying attention to her singing. My smile got wider as they listened. I almost couldn't stop being proud of my little spit fire. She could capture everyone around her. Amazing Luna to be indeed. Man was it going to shock everyone when they found out.  

I have never seen anyone be able to do so much at once in a kitchen and not trash it in the process. She dropped the potatoes in two huge pots of boiling water then the corn in the last pot. She pulled out her blender under the counter and started baking while the rest was on the stove. Her and Megan worked well side by side easily, never faltering in their movement. They laughed and played while they worked. I realized at that moment that Megan was just faking the whole I can't cook thing. She moved just as fluently as Eva did. Lazy brat!  They sat the twins at the table and got them cutting onions across from me. I chuckled at the strained sniffles from them as they cut.

In 2 hours time they had potato salad, mashed potatoes, Fries, baked beans, Cole slaw, pasta salad, green bean casserole, corn on the cob and deviled eggs made and was working on deserts. Megan was working on pulling out the last batch of about 200 cookies, Eva had a pastry bag out decorating almost 150 cupcakes (almost because she had snacked on a few) then was moving on to the 3 cakes she baked not to mention the one she made for herself this morning. They were beautifully done, almost professional with no mistakes and edible roses and flowers and everything. I was truly amazed by her talents. I have never watched her work, but after seeing her painting around that 'BatCave' of hers I'm not that surprised.

 By the end of the 3 hours time limit she gave herself all but bread condiments and drinks were set out. Eva was covered in batter and flour, didn't help that Megan kept throwing it at her. Shoulda seen the looks she was getting. Eva wiped her hands and turned down the music. She leaned the back door and yelled at the guys out there. She hadn't said a word to me since she came in but it didn't bother me any just to be in the same room as her, as long as she was there. My eyes wondered a little too much and was almost caught looking at her butt but I couldn't help it, it was cute.

"Hey Kevin, Seth bring your rear ends in here I gotta job for you!" she yelled

"And leave Gage out here to ruin our food? I don't think so Sis." Kevin yelled back at her. She growled in frustration then sighed. "I'll make it worth the risk! Please?!" she yelled back out.

"And how do you plan on that?" Seth asked her. She gave an evil smile at them. "I'll give you a cupcake! Their my best yet" She bribed.

Man did she know how to work us. I heard Gage growl in frustration as Kevin and Seth both said "sorry man" 5 seconds later they ran through the door.

"We are only here for the cupcake! We will do as you ask but we won't be happy about it, but we want cupcakes" Seth said narrowing his eyes at her.

She held her ground and smiled sweetly. "I need you to get the cases of soda from the basement and haul them out along with the ice down there, 5 or 6 coolers l should work. Get them out next to the tables I had you set up already." They groaned and whined at her as they stopped towards the basement door.  Before she tacked on "and you WILL be happy about it or no cupcakes!" she yelled down to them. I heard the fake happy mocking laughter at her. I couldn't help but laugh at them. She turned around laughing herself shaking her head.

Wow whether she realized it or not she was raised to be a Luna, a leader. Why is this just now hitting me? I've watched this girl grow up, I knew things no one else knew about her! I know she doesn't like jelly cause it's too slimy, she checks under her bed at night for the 'boogieman', when she's sad she listens to country music, Nickleback when she's thinking. I know about her past that she so carefully tries to hide, I know her favorite color varies by her mood and her eyes give her away every time. You would have to know her well enough to be able to read them but I was one of the few who could.

She looked around the room and smiled. "Well... this has been fun Ladies but I need to take a shower and get ready, finish that up get it covered and you are dismissed." she told us covering the tray of cookies.
She pulled out 6 cupcakes and set them on the counter and closed the lid on the container she took one to each of us and sat it in front of us. "For helping me." she smiled. "The two on the counter are for the morons down stairs, please make sure they finish BEFORE they nab them." She told us before bouncing out of the room and up the stairs.

I went back to cutting these damn cucumbers when I felt 3 pairs of eyes on me. I glanced discreetly around the room. Megan was leaning over the counter licking the icing off her cupcake and the twins were just watching me with amused expressions. After a moment I dropped the knife and looked up at them. "What?" I asked them.

Megan smiled knowing she was getting to me, "Oh nothing...What are you so jumpy about?" Megan asked me innocently.

"Nothing... Just thought y'all had some reason to stare at me like that" I said trying not to get upset.
"Who says we don't have reason?" Megan shot back at me.

I tried to hide all emotion in my features. But I'm guessing she saw a hint of guilt pass through my eyes before I tucked it away.
"Hmm... Does our Alpha have a secret he would like to share with the class?" Megan teased.
"Uhh... No" I responded "Why in gods name would I share with a blabber mouth like you 3?" I asked.
Brad leaned across the table and lowered his voice to barley above a whisper. "Because we are best friends with your secret." He said with a smile. I looked at them all quickly. A small panic rose in me but I tucked it away.

 "hmmm... The eyes don't lie Luke. " Megan commented plopping down next to me leaning her head in her hand innocently. Suspicion was written all over my face.  Did they know? Did Eva tell them? Did that mean...? Wait don't jump to conclusions, play it cool! I yelled at myself making my wolf laugh. 'Good luck with that man.' my wolf said. But I ignored him

"I have no idea what your talking about!" I told them
"Oh come on Luke, don't play like that! We have eyes! We've seen plenty." Megan countered rolling her eyes. Did they see more than I thought this morning?
"Megan, why don't you explain to me what you have apparently seen then we will go from there." I told her narrowing my eyes at her, trying to call her bluff.

They all chuckled but it was Chad who spoke next. "Wow where to start..." he began his voice low as well.
"Well first there was yesterday when you took off like a madman when someone 'unnamed' slipped through your fingers making you look like a fool, Thus beginning the 'Great Eva Hunt'." Megan said leaning forward.
"Then after the fight the whispered endearments and the kiss on the forehead. I could have passed as brotherly love if I hadn't heard the word 'baby' dropped before hand... yea I caught that, I was right beside you. Strangely enough you didn't notice anyone at the time..hmm..." Brad continued, my eyes bouncing around them meeting each if their gazes.
"Then there was this morning, the hidden winks, again another endearment 'doll', then the strangest part you let her win that power struggle. I also didn't miss the sly little smile on your face as you jumped up to chase after her. Oh not to mention..." Chad said. I waited for him to continue but it was Megan to spoke up.
"What all 3 of us saw this morning before we left. Now Luke, I know you we enough to know if you wanna quick lay, you get it. Girls just seem to fall out of their clothes for you and Kevin. I have seen you with your tongue down too many sluts throats than I care to count. But I have never seen you work so hard to get a girls attention before" all three of them nodded "And  what I have also NEVER seen is you kiss a girl on the cheek or the look in your eyes when you did, It was cute actually, Shocking but cute. Now why don't you tell us your dirty little secret!" she said quietly with a small knowing smile.

I couldn't believe they just called me out like that. I drug my hand across my face in frustration. They sat back in their chairs and snacked on the cupcakes Eva left for them, waiting on me to answer her. God she is gonna kill me for this but there was no way out of this without looking like a complete ass.
"Ok, so what are your theories?" I asked them. Hoping that they would come to the wrong one.
"Well there are several..." Megan said smoothly "One, you could just be worried about her but that's doubtful with the actions I've seen, two, you care about her more than your willing to admit, three your trying to tap something that is untouched, the ultimate challenge, or she's your mate." she finished and took a bite.

I watched her closely for any sign of bluffing, seeing none. Damn, "maybe I'm just worried about my best friends little sister whom I care about.." I started but was cut off by Chad. His mocking smile unnerved me. 

" So you wouldn't mind if I asked her out right? I mean she's hot, I'd love to see a little more if you know what I mean." He smiled.  

Ok that pissed me off. As hard as I tried I couldn't stop the feral growl that rumbled out of my chest, I fought for control over my wolf. I knew by the look on their face that my eyes were black, my breathing was sharper than it should be. The three of them were dead silent while they watched me closely but warily. Took me a minute to calm back down once I did however I glared at Chad for what he had said. A smile broke out on all their faces. "And theirs our answer boys" Megan said.

I sighed, leaning my elbows on the table and covering my nose and mouth with my interlaced hands, Kinda like a Bane or Darth Vader mask. Watching them closely deep in thought.
They got up and covered the food on the table then turned back to me. "Don't worry Alpha your secrets safe with us. Just needed it confirmed. I'm happy for you, I just hope you catch her, before she runs. With that said you should know she is scared to death and beyond confused. You are gonna have to earn her trust. Something will have to give soon. She's fighting the pull that's obviously there, but then again she's not yet 17,  Don't worry if she finds out we talked to you, you didn't tell us a thing, Its the truth really... your conscience is clear there...."She paused then laughed. "Good luck with her brother though... that will be fun to watch." Megan said smiling as they left the room leaving me at the table.

 Oh dear god what just happened?

So what do you think? Its kinda of just a filler right now... Ok For the next Chapter I will need 550 Reads and 45 votes.. I know ya'll can do it! I love you guys. Thank you SOOOO Much!!!! If there's anything you would like to see different let me know. I am so happy with the responses all ready nothing will bother me.  Ok Remember...

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE

AND THE SKYS OPENED UP AND CUPCAKES RAINED DOWN! :)

Twitch :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89 0 13
"Who the fuck are you?" I state. Why the hell is some random ass man standing right outside my door. "Your new bestfriend!" He smirks. Cameron is 19...
2.9K 84 18
"So do you want to dance?" Harley asked me as he stood up extending his hand out for me to take. "You want me to dance with you?" "Why not?" He asks...
16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...
177K 5.7K 41
I was screaming even louder thinking I was going to die. But then I landed in somebody's arms. I reacted quickly and punched the guy in the face. He...