my life as Aubrey (currently...

By Screamin_to_be_heard

Aubrey has a bad life at home. Her father beats her and her mother is to busy getting high or drunk to care... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34 The Ending

chapter 25

11.7K 117 12
By Screamin_to_be_heard

so i know you guys think something evil is going to happen with Liz but so far i dont think so, but you never know......

It is Monday and I am sitting at a picnic table that me and Landon sit at now, waiting for him. I unwrap my ham sandwich and open my anatomy book about to go over last night’s reading when Liz sits down in front of me.

“hey.” She says.

“Hey.”

“So I was thinking I would come join you? I’m trying to get away from Nathan. He’s been really clingy today, trying to get me to forgive him.” She says.

“oh yeah, sure.” I look back down at my book.

“So are you going?” she asks me.

“Going where?” I ask, looking up at her confused.

“Prom. It’s all everyone’s been talking about all month, hell all year.”

Prom? I didn’t even know it was during this month.  “Um probably not, no.” I tell her.

“Oh, Landon hasn’t asked you yet.” She nods in understanding.

“No it’s not that. I mean he hasn’t asked me but that’s not the only reason why.”

“Then why  not? What girl doesn’t want her Cinderella night?” she asked.

Cinderella? Yeah sure, wearing a beautiful dress and looking the best that I have ever looked sounds nice but should i? I mean from what I have been through, prom just doesn’t seem that important.

“I just don’t know.”

“Well it’s this Saturday and this is your last week to buy tickets. You better decide fast.” She says.

“So does that mean Nathan hasn’t asked you yet?” I asked her.

She looks up at me quickly. “No, of course not. Why would he do that? Were just friends.”

I raise an eyebrow but she looks down. Out of the corner of my eye I see a guy walking towards us. I look over and he’s wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt. He has black shaggy hair and is wearing a beanie.

“Ladies.’’ He says leaning on the table.

Liz rolls her eyes and sighs. “Aubrey, Nathan. Nathan, Aubrey.” She introduces us.

He slides in next to Liz. “So you’re the famous Aubrey that everyone is talking about.” He says.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Well you know.” He shrugs.

“Oh you mean about me and my uh dad.” I said.

“No, well yes. But not in the way you think.” He says.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Well everyone is shocked and amazed at how you turned out.” He explains. He bumps into Liz’s shoulder and said, “Even Liz here thinks so.”

“Thinks what?” I asked still a bit confused.

“Come on. Tell her.” He says to her.

She sighs. “Well since you brought it up and all.” She glares at him then leans on her elbows on the table. “Well I just think it’s awesome how you turned out. I mean what you must have gone through and look at you. You’re here, living and won. God knows what he did to you and you came out shoulders back, head held high and coming out on top. You’re here, at school, living your life. You didn’t let him take that from you. I just wish I was as strong as you are.” She said then shrugged.

Then she groaned and slugged Nathan in the arm. “ow. What was that for?” he asked rubbing his shoulder but he was grinning down at her.

“You made me get all cheesy.” She shuddered. “Now I feel like a girl.”

“Sorry to break it to you but Liz? You are a girl.” He said laughing.

She hit him again. “You know what I mean.”

They started talking and I zooned out. I started thinking about what Liz said about me and I can’t help but feel like she’s wrong. I stayed alive because I had to. It was either let him kill me or get out of there. But I remember so many times wanting him to just finally have the guts to finish the job. I remember lying on the floor praying to God that he would do it this time. But then I thought that there has to be at least one place in this messed up world of ours, there has to be at least one place where there is one piece of happiness.

And I think I found it.

After school I went back to Landon’s and started on my homework. Landon’s not here because Elliot thanks that he should get back into the pack business, he let him take a break from it for a while since I had to stay with them and the whole thing with my dad. But I think this will be good for him. He needs to do something besides hanging with me all day and worrying about me. Plus if he’s going to be Alpha he’s going to have to get back out there.

I’m at the kitchen island when Jane walks in. she smiles at me and walks to the fridge grabbing a yogurt handing it to me.

“How was school?” she asked.

I beamed. “Fine. I got an A plus on my history report.” I told her. What can I say? I love history.

“Way to go Hun. I’m so proud of you.” But then he smiles starts to fade.

“What is it?’ I ask.

“Oh I’m sure it’s nothing.” She says. “Just try to get Landon to do some of his work. I think he’s been distracted lately. I’m going to go lay down, I have a headache.” She walks by me and pats me on the shoulder.

“Feel better.” I tell her and she walks out.

When I was done with my homework I was just about to try to figure out something to do when the phone rang. I never usually answer it since it’s not my house but since Jane is upstairs trying to take a nap because of her head I snatched it up as fast as I could.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Is Aubrey there?” asked a women’s voice.

“Mom?” I asked.

“Aubrey? Hey, how are you?” she asked.

“pretty good. You?” I asked her.

“I actually have some good news. Maybe we can catch up? Grab a bite to eat?” she asked.

“Now?”

“Yes, now.” She laughs.

“But aren’t you in rehab?” I ask.

“Well that’s part of the news. Come meet me?”

“Sure.”

When I got to the restraint I found my mom right away. I took the seat across from her and we ordered our food.

When the waiter left I asked, “So what’s the news?”

She smiles. “Well as you can see, I’m out of rehab.” She said beaming.

“Really? I asked. She nods. “That’s great mom! Congratulations.”

“Thank you. I feel very good about this and alert and focused, it just feels great.”

“I’m glade to hear it.” I tell her. The waiter sets down our drinks. I take a sip of my coke.

“There’s something I want to ask you since I’m out now.” She says.

I set my glass down. “Okay, ask away.”

She takes a breath, squaring her shoulders and asked, “Aubrey, how do you feel about moving back in with me?”

 cliff hanger!!!!!!

i know cliff hanger's piss me off to but hey, the people that write the stories that i read do it all the time so why not me?

sorry if the chapter is short but on word it is 4 pages so.

umm i told you guys i keep getting idea's so do your thing tell what you think about this one,

vote, comment and fan. 

peace and french fries! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mad Temptation By KalyxIole

Mystery / Thriller

161 26 36
For years, Aubrey Evergreen. Wants to investigate who killed her parents. But years after, she believed that they were killed in a car accident. Now...
13K 645 21
Aubrey feels like her life is boring. same old same old. Her life is great. She has her 2 best friends. But as she grew up what happened to that per...
3.1K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...
1.5M 66.6K 45
He needed sex, I was there. He needed a submissive woman who came running when he called, I was available. But when I needed him the most, he neglect...