I Don't Wanna.. (UNDER CONSTR...

By qveennmayaa

I don't wanna be... Be without you, be without you I don't wanna live... Live without you, live without you I... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Author's Note
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Thank You !
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Author's Note
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty-Four
PSA: NOT A UPDATE
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six
author's note.

Chapter Eight.

7.3K 396 85
By qveennmayaa

Myles

We drove in silence while I was deep in thought. Kharter is just so beautiful and that dress she was wearing had a brother barely paying attention in church. I was interrupted out of my thoughts by Kyla calling my name.

"Yes love?"

"Is Miss. Kharter the one you told me about in your stories?"

"Yep, that's her."

"I like her Daddy. You think she can be my new mommy?"

"New mommy? You only talked to her twice Ky."

"I know, but she's soo pretty and soo nice. She reminds me of Grandma."

"Well, you'll definitely be seeing her again."

"Really?! No more Miss. Dominique?"

"Hey, I didn't say that now. Miss. Kharter and I are just working on our friendship."

"Oh," she mumbled before she folded her arms and pouted.

We pulled up in the driveway and headed inside after I parked.

"Nique?"

Dominique

"Nique?"

I heard as I shot up from Rico's hold so quick. Rico looked at me puzzled.

"You have to go Rico!"

"What, why?"

"My fiance is back and-"

"Man, whatever. Call me when you gonna stop playing games."

He was about to walk out the bedroom door, but I stopped him.

"Hide in the closet just-"

"Hide in closet? I ain't R.Kelly."

"Nique?"

I heard as Myles came closer to the bedroom door. The door was locked, so that give me a little time. He tried to open the door, but it realized it was locked.

"Come on, Rico. Just get in the closet," I whispered to him.

He sucked his teeth and walked inside my small walk-in closet. I closed the door once he was in and I walked to open the bedroom door. I unlocked it and he looked at me in confusion.

"You alright? You never really lock the door," he said as he glanced around the room.

"Yeah, you just kind of caught me off guard when I heard the front door open."

"Oh, I'm sorry babe. I didn't mean to scare you. You cooking tonight?"

"Uhm, nah. You in the mood for pizza?"

"Not really, well Kyla and I finna head out in a few."

"What? Wait, where you going?"

"To my mom's, she wanted us to come over after church. I told her I was gonna come if you didn't feel like cooking or anything.

"What? Myles, you can't be telling your mom that."

"Why?"

"Then she'll think I'm not good enough for you or doing my duties as a soon-to-be wife."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you-"

"Just go ahead and go, Myles. Just forget all about me," I mumbled as I folded my arms.

"Forget about you? What are you talking about?"

"You already had your mind made up, so just leave. I'll be here by MYSELF eating pizza," I said as I sat on the bed, rolling my eyes.

"You tripping," he said as he walked out of the bedroom. After I heard the front door close and his car driving off, I told Rico to come out.

"You can be so dramatic sometimes, ma."

He smirked at me as he pulled me closer to him.

"I just feel so guilty."

"I wish you open your eyes Nique. That man don't love you like I do and you know it too."

"Just give me time, Rico. I-"

"Don't speak, ma. Just show me that thing you said you was going to do before we were interrupted."

He pulled me closer to him and our lips connected.

Kharter

"I had high hopes for us, baby. Like I was on dope on for us, baby. Chasin' after a high-"

I was interrupted out of my songwriting by a knock on the door. I slipped my songwriting book under my pillow and told whoever the person was to come in.

"Hey baby, what you doing?"

My mom asked as she sat on the foot of the bed.

"Oh, nothing."

"Oh, I was just letting you know that your father are heading to the grocery store to get something to eat for tonight. Kenny's going over one of his friend's house."

"Oh alright, I'll be here."

"Alright, we'll be back."

She got off of my bed and walked out of the room.

Nobody really knows about my passion of music except Myles. We always used to write songs and sing together. I pulled my songwriting book back out and continued to work on a song I started when I found Malcolm cheating on me, Forever Don't Last.

Myles

I was about to knock on the front door until the it opened. I was greeted by Miss. Diane.

"Hey Myles, what you doing here?"

"Hey Miss. Diane, I came by to see Kharter."

"Alright, she's upstairs in her old room."

I did a quick wave to her dad and walked inside. I closed the door behind me and headed upstairs to Kharter's old room. I was about to knock until I heard a faint voice singing.

"Lord knows I gave it my all and I couldn't save us from falling. 'Cause some people ain't meant to be together forever, forever," she softly sung. I knocked on the door and I heard her say come in. She was looking down, writing.

"You sounded great Kharter," I told her and she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Is that a song you're writing?"

She nodded her head and smiled.

"It sounds good, I've been doing some songwriting myself."

"Oh forreal? Come and sit down and tell me about it," she laughed.

I sat down at the foot of her bed and shrugged.

"Nahh, enough about me. We came here to talk, so wassup?"

Look, I just want to apologize-"

"Kharter, you don't need to apologize, I should be-"

"Myles, just hear me out. I want to apologize for blaming you fot everything. I shouldn't have left that party with Demetrius, but I guess I was jealous when you were kissing that girl."

"Look, Kharter, you shouldn't be apologizing. I should be the one apologizing. I'm sorry for leaving you alone at the party and not being there to protect you from those things that happened to you. I'm sorry that I was being selfish and going along with the crowd and forgetting my best friend's well being. I'm sorry that I snapped on you and blamed you for everything. Instead of blaming everything on you and lashing out, I should've been comforting you. You've been through so much because of me Kharter and I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I was being young and stupid. If I could bring the moon and stars to show you how sorry I am, I would. You were such an important person in my life Kharter and I lost you because of what other people thought. Just know when you left, I never stop thinking about you."

Kharter looked at me and I saw a few tears roll from her eyes.

"That really means a lot Myles. Thank you and I accept your apology. After I left for college, it was a rough couple of years. Just trying to find myself and I seeked help after that night. I realize things happen to us for a reason. If that night didn't happen, I still would've been that naive Kharter everyone know. It made me stronger."

She wiped her eyes and I pulled her into a hug. No words needed to be said. After what seemed like five minutes, we finally broke the hug and I wiped a few tears that almost slipped out.

"Are you crying?"

Kharter joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"These damn allergies," I mumbled as I wiped my eyes.

"Mhmm, sure. Allergies," she laughed.

"So, tell me about New York. I be seeing you on T.V. defending all them celebrities," I chuckled.

"Yeah, it's alright. Gets a little lonely up there sometimes, but not that bad. What about you? Where you working at?"

"At the high school, I'm a music teacher."

"A music teacher? That sounds fun, what's your plan in the future?"

"What you mean?"

"I know you Myles. You always use to say how famous you were gonna be and how people was gonna love your music."

"Well, that plan kind of got cut short after high school. Reality kicked in."

"It's never too late Myles, just think about it. You have too much talent to let it go to waste."

"Well, I'm just trying to wait for Kyla to get a little older and-"

"Myles, when I get to back to New York, I knew a few record producers who are always looking for new artists."

"Kharter, look you don't have to do that, ight?"

"Well, Myles I'm doing it and you're not changing my mind."

"Okay then, soo you dating anybody?"

"Nahh, just got out of a relationship."

"What happened?"

"Found him cheating on me in MY bed, had to let him go."

"Dang, sorry to hear that Kharter."

"No its fine, I'm just trying to focus on my self right now."

"I hear ya."

"So, you excited about your wedding?"

"Uhm, yeah," I stammered out.

"You don't sound too excited," she chuckled.

"Just nervous, that's all."

"Where did you meet my cousin at anyways?"

"A little after you left, she moved down here. I didn't know she was cousin until yesterday, that was my first time meeting all your family."

"Hmm, wow. That's Dominique for ya."

"Yeah, she's something else."

"Myles?"

"Wassup?"

"Who's Kyla's mother?"

"Erica."

"Erica? As in Erica Harris?"

"Yeah, that night of the party, we got a little carried away and nine months later, Kyla was born."

"Well, Kyla is an amazing a little girl. She looks just like Erica."

"Yeah, hear that a lot," I laughed.

We talked for a few hours and her parents came back from the store and all. I ate dinner with them and everything. After we finished eating dinner, I decided I needed to head to my mom's house to pick up Kyla. Kharter walked me to my car and she smiled at me.

"It was nice talking to you, Kharter."

"I know, it's feel nice knowing I have my best friend back."

"So, I'll talk to you later?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"Can I get a hug?"

I asked with my arms wide open.
She walked to me and I gave her a tight hug. I picked her up and spun her around.

"Myles, put me down!"

She laughed and I finally put her down.

"I don't know how you did that because I ain't no little stick," she laughed as she was out of breath.

"Pssh, you not even heavy."

"Ok, bye Myles. I will see you later."

"Bye Kharter."

I waved goodbye to her and pulled off from the driveway.

(Kharter, Myles, and Kyla in MM)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 193 31
Growing up in a strict religious household, Aaliyah Jackson knew she would have a rude awakening on her 18th birthday. Knowing so, she got job, two...
5.3K 970 17
Black coat W E D S White coat ✨✨✨✨✨ "All men are the same. They want women only for sex" - Dr. Sang...
1.3K 110 10
A young adult thriller series that keeps you wanting more! A young girl named Aaliyah just wanting to just figure her life out, runs into many obstac...
38.6K 877 50
Family... Where life begins and love never ends, right? Well not for me, my life began somewhere else and where love ended. *** Meet Jasmine Rose...