Alpha or Beta? (Being edited)

By moonlightmagic444

All her life Kari has been running from someone. Who? She doesn't know. Her mom keeps that information a secr... More

Alpha or Beta?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Sequel

Chapter 6

6.9K 365 16
By moonlightmagic444

Kari's POV:

"Why are you wearing a boy's shirt?" Evie asks, waking me up from my deep slumber. I slowly open my eyes and smile at her.

"Because it's my mate's shirt. You will meet him today, he's the one coming to get us." I say and pinch her cheek. She slaps my hand away and puts a frown on her face.

"Don't do that! Come on it's 9:30, you have to get up now!" I fling up, it's 9:30 already! That's gives me like no time to look decent! "I'm going to finish up the cereal, so you're going to have to have a granola bar!" She shouts as she jumps off my bed and leaves my room. I hop out of bed and grab my clothes that I'm going to wear. I throw on my shorts and yellow top, it's suppose to be warm out today. I throw my sleeping shirt into my suit case and pack up my tooth brush and makeup. After I run my fingers through my bed head to make sure it's presentable I grab my suitcase and head into the living room. I see Evie bouncing on the couch. "Kari! I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet our new pack." She says giggling.

I laugh at her and place my suit case near the door. I eat my bar and take out our trash to the dumpster that's outside. Okay, now the only things left in the apartment are the things that were here before, like the beds, couch, tv, and appliances. When I get back to the room I sit with Evie on the couch and wait for Trent to get here.

There is a knock at the door and my stomach gets butterflies knowing who's on the other side. Evie squeals and flies to the door and opens it for Trent. "You must be Kari's mate! It's so nice to meet you!" She shouts and sticks her hand out for Trent to shake. He takes her hand and shakes it.

"You must be the famous Evelyn. It's so nice to finally meet you. I'm Trent." He says nicely. He walks past Evie and gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "So, can I help you girls with your bags?" I laugh and walk over to my suitcase and backpack and pick them up.

"I'm good but could you grab Evie's things?" I ask sweetly. He nods an grabs her two small suitcases while Evie gets her backpack and favorite stuffed bear. "Trent thank you so much for letting us stay at the pack house. It means so much to me." I say gratefully. He smiles in return.

"Anything for you Kari." My wolf purrs at this and I smile. "Now let's get you guys to your new home, and get you all settled in." We head out to his car and throw our things into the trunk. I have Evie hop in the back where Bryce sat. Wow, Bryce... I haven't seen him in a while. My wolf seems restless at the thought. Why is she doing that? That's weird. "Ready to go Kari?" Trent says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yup I'm ready." I say. I get into the passenger seat and shut the door. Trent turns the car on, then we head to the pack house. It only takes about five minutes to get there. Once we arrive I hear Evie gasp. The place is huge. It's deep in the woods and it's the size of a mansion. When he pulls the car up there are two of adults and two kids, who are around Evie's age, standing there and waiting for us to get out. Trent is the first to get out of the car. He walks over to my side and helps me and Evie get out.

"Kari and Evelyn, I want you to meet Ginger and her son Ralf, and Polly and her daughter Rosie." I smile and walk up to them, shaking all their hands.

"It's so nice to meet you." I say in my friendliest tone. They smile back and greet me as well. Evie walks up shyly behind me and holds my leg. "This is my sister Evelyn, Evie say hi."

She slowly steps to the side of me and looks down, "Hi, it's nice to meet you." She says. It's funny to see her like this. She's usually the most outgoing person.

"Do you wanna play?" The little girl says to Evie. Evie looks up and nods quickly. The little girl, Rosie, runs up to Evie and tags her, "Tag you're it!" She screams and runs away. The boy follows behind Rosie. Evie, shocked, quickly regains herself and chases after the kids. I laugh as they run away. When I turn I see Trent looking off in the direction of the kids with a blank stare, almost like he is annoyed with them. Maybe he doesn't like kids? He shakes it off quickly and looks at me.

"Well lets get you inside Kari, I will introduce you to the pack later on in the week. How about we get you settle in? Polly, Ginger would you mind bringing in their bags?" They bow down to Trent, and he grabs my hand and takes me into the house. I follow him.

"So where is the room that Evie and I are going to be staying in?" I ask him.

He laughs, "well I have a room that Evie can stay in, but I figured since we are mates and you will eventually be Luna of the pack, that you can stay with me." Oh, I guess I never thought of that. I don't know if Evie will be okay on her own though. I give him an unsure look.

"Being with you sounds great, but Evie is only eight. She might need me with her..." I say. I see Trent stiffen a little. Oh no, I hopes he's not mad at me. "I mean we can give it a try though!" I quickly add. He visibly relaxed and I sigh.

"I will make sure a blow up bed gets put in her room so you can stay with her some nights, but I would like it if you could stay with me the rest of the time." I nod my head. We soon approach a door to a room. "This is my room, well our room now." He says and smiles at me. I smile back, but something feels weird, shouldn't I be really happy that he wants me with him all the time. I don't feel happiness I feel... I'm not sure actually.

He opens the door and my jaw drops. His room is huge, sure it's a little messy but I can work with that. He has a king size bed with a flat screen tv. There are two night stands, I'm assuming one is for me to put my stuff in, two closets and the floor is carpeted. I've never had this kind of luxury in my life. We always had to work hard for what we got. I just know Evie is going to love her room if it is anything like this one. "It's so big." I say to Trent as I walk around the room.

"Only the best for the best." He winks. I giggle at him. "Well I need to take a shower, why don't you show Evie to her room. It's the door right across the hall from this one."

"Okay, I will go find her then!" I walk to the door and right before I open it I wave to Trent. I head out into the hallway in search for my little sister.

I've passed at least six hallways and haven't seen her yet. I hear a little girls laughter coming from a door that lead to the back yard. I open the door, and I'm shocked at what I see. Bryce is holding a giggling Evie over his shoulder. He must have felt my presence because he head snaps up and he looks at me. His cheeks flush red and he puts the laughing Evie down. "Aw, why did you put me down Brycey?" Evie asks with a frown. She turns to the way Bryce is facing and she sees me. "Kari! Meet my new friend Brycey!" Evie shouts and runs toward me, embracing me in a hug. I hug her back and look up to meet dark brown eyes staring at me. My wolf purrs loudly in my head and tries to push me toward him but I deny her wishes. No. Trent is my mate, why is this happening?

---

Bryce's POV:

I'm eating a bowl of cereal when Macy comes walking into the kitchen and sits down next to me. "So what are our plans for today? Are we all going to go out to the movies, or go bowling?" She asks me. I shrug as I take another bite of my cereal. "Come on Bryce, talk to me. You have not been yourself for the past few days, what's up?"

"Nothing, I must have just caught a cold or something." I say to her through my half full mouth. She shakes her head at my response.

"Bryce, you sure are something. Okay I will go talk to the rest of the group and see what they want to do. Trent said he was up to something this morning so I will ask him when he gets back." She hops off of her seat and heads out of the kitchen.

When I finish my breakfast I put my stuff in the dishwasher and head out to the back yard. I sit down in the lawn and soak up the sun. The only thing to pop into my mind is Kari and her beautiful brown wolf. There's nothing I want more than to be with her right now. I wonder why Trent doesn't want me to be near her. Whatever the reason there's nothing I can do about it. I have to follow his orders.

Just then I hear a child crying. I stand up and I follow the noise. I get to a bush that's right outside the house and see a cute little girl with brown hair and blue eyes looking at me. She was definitely the one crying because her eyes are rimmed with red. I bend down to her level. "What's wrong?" I ask her. She sniffles once then looks down.

"I was playing tag, but now I can't find the other kids. I'm by myself and I don't know what to do..." She sighs.

"I will play with you, what's your name? I'm Bryce by the way." I say in a cheerful tone. I love kids so this should be fun. She looks up at me.

"I'm Evelyn but you can call me Evie... Um, do you really mean it, that you will play with me?" She asks. I reach my hand out so I can help her up. She grabs my hand gently and I pull her so she is now standing.

"Of course I mean it, so what do you want to play?" I ask her. She smirks and tags me then runs off.

"Tag your it!" She screams and continues to run from me. I smile and chase after her, oh so she going to play like that huh? I let her get ahead of me for a little while but once I catch her I grab her and throw her over my shoulder. She laughs and squirms to get out of my grasp but I hold on tight. Two seconds later I hear the back door open. A familiar scent passes by and I freeze. I slowly turn around and see Kari standing there.

Well this is awkward... I blush and slowly put Evie down. "Aww, why did you put me down Brycey?" She frowns at me. She notices I'm looking in the other direction and she turns to see Kari. "Kari! Meet my new friend Brycey!" She shouts and runs over to hug Kari. Kari hugs her back then looks into my eyes. My wolf purrs, asking me to go to my mate and hug her just like Evie did.

"So I see you met my little sister." Kari says. I look at her in shock. Wait, Evie is Kari's little sister? Hold on a second, why are they here right now?

"I guess so. To be honest I had no idea she was your sister, Kari." Once her name leaves my lips I see her eyes flicker from light violet to dark violet then back to light violet again. Clearly her wolf is affected by me. "What brings you guys here anyway?" I ask curiously.

"Sis found her mate!" Evie shouts. Wait a second. Kari told Evie about me? So that means Kari knows I'm her mate? "We are here to live with him. He seems nice but I don't like him as much as you Brycey." Evie says. Hold on, what? I look at Kari with confusion in my eyes.

"Yeah I shifted for the first time the other day, as it turns out Trent is my mate." She says with a shrug. My jaw drops. What? No, you are my mate! I'm about to say that, but then it hits me, Trent wouldn't let me see Kari so that way he could have her. But Trent will find his own mate someday, so why the hell does he need mine? My wolf growls viciously in my head.

"Well congratulations." I say to her in a plain tone. "I'm going inside now." I walk around them and head into the house and straight to my room. There's only one person that I ever vent to, and I need to talk to him right about now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 42.2K 46
Zaria and her sister Vanessa have been close since Zaria was first born. Vanessa is a golden child even after their parents die and she is left to ta...
1.5K 5 43
Book completedβœ“ Kyle, compassionate human being tragically made beast by the one he loved most, betrayal it was. Resentment he felt, ashamed and disa...
2.1M 55.5K 36
Beta Gabriel Lodge. Beta to one of the most feared men in the country whilst being a terrifying one himself. He's not really sure what drew him to...
4M 141K 70
(Update: 2/25/19- This story was original called Alphas Red. Noticing there is so much to be added to this novel. I've decided to make it into a seri...