Schizophrenia 2

By dumble_dory

Meeting Josh at the start of college, becoming his girlfriend and having his twins was the best thing that ha... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
New collab story!
Another Author's note
Chapter 24

chapter 11

110 15 2
By dumble_dory

Del's POV

I can't believe this. I mean, yes, I'm happy for Mum, but another child. Really?
I mean, there are chances of her Schizophrenia coming back so why take the risk of having a child when that baby's life could be in danger?

I'm so happy for Dad as well because it's his first child but is he not focusing on the bad side?

His own first child's life could be at risk cause of Mum's Schizophrenia returning any minute, any day.

God help me.

James seemed awfully happy after the news. He said if the baby was a boy he'd be teaching him football and how to get with girls (typical boys) and if it were a girl 1) God help him and 2) if any boy hurt her, then he'd thrash him.

It's been two days since the news was revealed and I haven't yet talked to mum. It's just the casual 'yeah' or 'no'.

Every time I'd see her she seemed so upset. I had a few pep talks from Dad saying that I should talk to Mum and make her happy about the whole situation.

And I also know that she was really happy about the child but she was upset about my reaction.

Why is it that no-one understands the negative side of this baby situation?

"Del honey," Mum knocked on the door.
Here it comes the 'lovey dovey' pep talk about our mother-daughter relationship.

"Come in," I replied back. Mum popped her head in and smiled at me before walking in and seating herself on my bed.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Good. A little sick but I'm okay. You?" She asked, trying to start an active conversation.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just stressed because of school and the little one," I awkwardly chuckled as she did the same.

There was the typical awkward five minutes of silence until I spoke up.

"I'm sorry Mum," I apologised. "I've been ignoring you for ages cause of the news and God, why don't people see the bad side? Mum," I sighed.
"You still remember that your Schizophrenia is going off and on over the past few years. And if it comes back during this pregnancy, then there might be chances of the baby's life at risk," I explained.

She let out a sigh and placed her hand on her belly. "I know, but I really want this. And I really know your Dad does as well," she explained. "He was so happy about it and even more than I was. He's been at home more, he's been talking to you more and it just makes me feel so great about us- as a family."

She picked up the picture frame from the bedside table. It was a picture of when we were all at Dad's final performance in the band 5 Seconds Of Summer.

"This," she pointed at the photo, "is us. This is the real Hemmings family that I'm familiar with," she looked up at me, expecting some sort of reaction or response.

She was right. That was us. We were, are and will be a loving family who had a healthy relationship.

Before I knew it, tears were brimming my eyes and I was engulfing Mum in a hug. "I'm so sorry," I sobbed. She hugged back tightly and kissed my forehead.

"It's okay, baby. It's okay," she hushed me.

I pulled apart and looked at her directly in the eyes- which were filled with tears. "I'm happy for you, Dad and Jamie," I smiled at her.

"I love you," she said quietly.

"I love you too, Mum," I replied back.

The sound of someone clearing their throat pulled me and Mum apart.

"Am I interrupting some mother-daughter bonding time?" Dad smiled from the doorway and soon joined us.

Seconds later, we were all sat on my bed talking about the baby and everything else.

"Hey! Why'd you guys leave me out?" Jamie whined. We all looked up to see him pouting by the doorway.

"I wanna be part of some family talk," with that, he joined us on the bed.

"So what are we talking about?" Jamie rubbed his hands in curiosity.

"The baby," Mum, Dad and I said at once causing us all to laugh.

Dad rested his hand on Mum's belly and dug his head in the crook of Mum's neck and left small kisses there.

"Eww!" Jamie yelled in disgust while covering his eyes.

I let out a giggle at Jamie's reaction. To be honest, Mum and Dad's show of love didn't disgust me. It actually made me happy. The thought of Dad showing so much love to Mum, Jamie and I, made me happy.

I mean, Dad wasn't even our real father and neither were we his real kids; but he still took care of us as if we were.

Mum pulled apart and blushed. "Lets take this somewhere else," Dad winked at Mum, making her blush even more.

Okay, now that was definitely disgusting. "Come on, Dad! Really?" I flapped my hands in the air as our parents walked out of my room.

"Well, then," I started. "I think I'm scarred for life," I told Jamie.

"No, I don't think so. Remember that time when we walked in on Mum and Dad getting all steamy-" Jamie explained but I immediately cut him off.

"NO! Do NOT go back into that territory!" I glared at him. "Ugh, now I can't get the image out of my mind," I groaned, flopping backwards onto my bed.

Jamie chuckled before walking out of the room- leaving me in my own cloud of thoughts.

Everything was all good now. We were all happy. I flopped my body back on my bed and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

----

"Del! Wake up, you lazy butt!" Jamie yelled. I slowly opened my eyes but immediately closed them due to the blinding light making its way through the seams of the blinds.

I let out a groan. "Go away, Jamie!" I clenched my blanket tighter and turned the opposite way- away from the blinds to prevent the light from waking me up. Before I knew it, my soft, warm duvet had been yanked out of my grasp and I instantly cured up into a ball - attempting to conceal my body warmth.

"JAMIE!" I screamed. That was it.

I jumped out of bed and shot death glares- making him dash for the door. I began chasing after him and he just laughed endlessly which made me even more angrier.

A couple of seconds later, we were both already in the kitchen with Mum and Dad sitting by the breakfast bar. "Why are you two running like little kids?" Mum stared sternly.

I put my hands on my hips before turning to face Mum. "Well, Mum, you see, this idiot brother of mine decided it was okay to wake me up by pulling my duvet off me!" I explained - half calm, half angry.

Dad stifled a laugh and Mum attempted to hide the grin forming on her face. "UGH! IT'S NOT FUNNY!" I screamed. With that, I stormed out of the kitchen and up the stairs- into my room. I could feel my skin heat up so hot as it it would just burn away.

God! I absolutely hate it when they think everything is funny!

As I walked into my room, I plopped myself on my bed, my legs hanging of the edge. I let out a huff of frustration as forced my body to sit up. It took me a couple of seconds to think about what I was doing- which was really weird.

I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and pressed the main button, making the screen light up. There were seven texts from some of my friends. I skimmed through the list to see Megan, Liz, Sky and Unknown?

I tapped the screen to open up the random text.

From: Unknown

Hey, I was wondering if you'd wanna come to a party this Friday? It'll be great.
Jace x

My eyes widened as I read the supposedly unknown text. It was from Jace- Jace being the hottest guy in college.

I instantly replied.

To: Jace

Hi, and yeah i'd like to come to this party of yours. Text me the address.
Del

I was doubting whether I should put a kiss at the end of the message but I didn't wanna seem to hungry for him.

A few seconds later, I received a notification telling me that Jace had replied.

From: Jace

Great! This Friday at 8pm at my house. Hope to see you there
Jace x

This day couldn't get any better.

-----

A/N:

Hey guys

I hope the story isn't getting too boring. And yea, I know that its a bit slow atm but the moment will come.

Don't be a silent reader. VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE?

Ly :)

Twitter: because_rhinos

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 85.2K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
109K 1.4K 45
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
35.6K 1.8K 138
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
412K 38.7K 33
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...