The Parent Plan » Harry Styles

By TypicalFangirlx

[completed] Two five year olds, two single parents - one plan. ©2014 TypicalFangirlx all rights reserved. More

The Parent Plan » Harry Styles
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Thank You
Also Check Out

Chapter 36

25.2K 1.3K 1.1K
By TypicalFangirlx

- Harry & Monica -

Everyone goes through losing and gaining people in their life but when being reunited it either seems as if the time apart was nothing or you realize exactly why the other walked out of your life. It's supposed to be simple, that when losing people you're sad and then when gaining people it makes you happy; not necessarily true. We'll see what happens when Harry and Monica come back into each other's lives once more. 

To have their talk, both Harry and Monica found themselves at the park where they had their last interaction. Both brunettes make their way to take a seat on a swing, though it was quite difficult for Harry to find a comfortable position since he was much too tall for the children's equipment, a silence consuming them. Eventually, Harry gives up and takes a seat in front of Monica's swing.

"I'm sorry," he tells her, tugging his left leg to his chest and wrapping his arms around it. He couldn't look into her eyes without feeling guilty; all those times he'd walk away from her, the look of utter hurt in her eyes, he didn't want to look up and see that feeling again.

He knew it was a douche move to walk away from her twice but he couldn't help it. After their argument, all he could do is think of Katelyn and after that, all he could see is a happy family before him. He was hurt but that was still no excuse to hurt Monica. She hurt him too, however, with how close she's getting to Matt again just worries him to no end, that she'll go back to her first love and leave him with his love unrequited. He wanted to let go first.

"I'm sorry too," she says with a sigh, running a hand through her hair. She looked down at him, and how small he looked sitting atop the wood chips. He didn't look fragile at first glance, but seeing him right there purposefully not meeting her eyes he was as fragile as an antique.

"We should probably elaborate, yeah?" He chuckles lightly to himself, trying to ease the tension that was starting to build up. When he sees her nod in his peripheral vision, he picks up a wood chip and examines it as he speaks, "Matt is Jake's Father... Obviously now that he's back and committed, he's going to want to be with Jake. You're Jake's Mother and you want to be with him - it's inevitable that you and Matt will be spending more time with each other."

Monica bites her lip as she listens to him, wondering exactly what Harry was going to tell her.

"It was over the line to comment on how easily you let him back in and how much time you spend with him. I had no right to do that. When on tour with Liam of course Jake is going to miss Matt as well as the other way around, it's smart to have him come along a few times. I guess I only flipped out because I'm scared," he looks up to meet her eyes, eyes darting around all over her face, "I'm scared that you'll leave me and go back to him. The lad that was your first love, the Father of your child and someone who you planned your whole life with. And then with Athena running in... you were being yourself - helpful and caring and I just blew up on you because my emotions were already out of control. I'm sorry."

She swings her swing lightly, looking away from him to look at the sky. "You should know that he has a girlfriend. I tried telling you that multiple times but you never let me finish. They've been together for almost a year - neither of them want marriage but rather a committed relationship to last them a lifetime." Harry's eyes are wide with this new information. "I'm sure that if Matt never left me we still would've ended up not being together because I want marriage - I was one of those little girls that always pretended to have a weddings; inviting all my stuffed animals to come watch. He didn't want that whatsoever because of what happened between his parents."

The man on the ground stays silent, still in shock that Matt had a girlfriend. Not only just that but how Monica hasn't had a relationship since everything ended with him - he was the exception. Just like himself, she was going through something huge and it was hard to start anew. He remembers thinking how awful Matt was for leaving Monica the way he had yet, he realizes his done the same to her - twice. 

Monica then proceeds to tell Harry exactly why she let Matt back in so easily, the story of Dana falling from her lips along with tears from her eyes as she does so. Harry gets up and pulls Monica off of the swing and into his arms. Rubbing her back and placing his chin on the top of her head as she continues to explain.

"And I'm just so used to him, I'm sorry for making you feel like I was going to leave you," she whispers into his chest as her tears slow.

"Hey, hey," he pulls away slightly so they can meet each other's eyes, he wipes the tears away with his thumb, "I should've been more understanding. I shouldn't have cut you off when you tried to tell me he was with someone else. Most of all, I shouldn't have left your house. We should've talked it all out and maybe things wouldn't be like this."

"I love you, Harry."

Her statement startled him. She was going to make this harder. He tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and reveals a tiny smile. "I love you too, Monica."

And when she leans in to kiss him, he couldn't help but lean in as well and let their lips press together. It's been too long since he's kissed her, and he wasn't going to take it for granted. He wraps his arms around her waist as she goes on her toes to drape an arm over his shoulder as her right hand holds onto the back of his neck.

The kiss is desperate and sloppy, but passionate all the same. Harry's hand travels to her hair once their mouths open to deepen the kiss, threading his fingers with her soft strands. He's going to miss this. 

When pulling away, both of them are breathing heavily, eyes still closed with mouths parted. Harry knows it's time to end the bliss that had just started. "Things happened so quickly; what with moving on after years of mourning. I knew I was ready to move on for quite a while but when the chance was actually there, I was scared. But you helped me, being the amazing woman that you are. I fell in love with you. The only thing I didn't prepare for was having Katelyn be replaced."

By now Monica has her eyes opened, looking up at him with furrowed eyebrows as Harry avoids her eyes and releases his grasp from her.

"No matter how many times I talk to Athena about her, she won't remember how great of a Mother she was. Whoever comes along, Athena will see her as her Mother. I'm not ready for that just yet." He looks down to Monica, her eyes watering once more. "I'm sorry, Monica."

He loves her but he has to let her go until he's able to accept the fact that Katelyn will not be remembered in their daughter's memories.

Harry's eyes begin to water as well when a few tears fall down Monica's cheeks. He pulls her into another hug, his face crouching down to meet her neck as she buries her head into his shoulder. "I appreciate all that you've done, you've helped me so much."

"Thank you to you too, Harry," she whispers against his shoulder, hands clutching onto the back of his shirt tightly. For the second time in her life, Monica was heartbroken. But she knew where Harry was coming from, if they had switched roles, she knew she'd have the trouble of seeing someone else be that missing parent - a parent that her child has no memory of.

They just hug in silence for what seems like hours before they both slightly pull out, their arms still around each other, however. Harry wipes at his own tears before using the pads of his thumbs to wipe away Monica's. He laughs ironically at this whole situation before leaning down and giving her another kiss. "Maybe some time in the future, things will be right for us."

"I sure hope so." Monica gives him a halfhearted smile before glancing down at her mobile that pinged, a message from Matt asking how things were. She doesn't respond, locking the screen before looking back up at Harry before stepping out of his grasp. "Why don't we enjoy this rare beautiful day in London by spending the rest of our time here before picking up the kids?"

"Sounds like a plan."

.

"Aw, Mon, I'm so sorry to hear that," Matt says with a frown later on in the day. It's been a few hours since Monica and Harry had left the park to pick up their kids and head their different directions. When arriving home, she was greeted by Matt and her brother Jeff waiting in her living room, worried and curious looks etched onto their faces.

Monica was quite amused to see them together though, because Matt is still very stiff around Jeff because of that one beat-him-to-a-pulp day as well as when they spent the holidays together - Jeff loved intimidating the boy who'd left his sister in shambles. Jeff was the first to question how things went, her amusement diminishing into a bittersweet feeling.

Bittersweet because she is not with the man she loves and because maybe that'll make leaving for however many months much easier. She was overall upset about what happened, but like Harry said, maybe the timing wasn't right for them. Maybe fate can work wonders and bring them back together, or maybe it has different plans. Monica is kind of scared to what might happen.

"I can understand why this happened," she informs the two while looking down at Jake who sat on the floor beside his father's feet. Jake had been upset to hear that his mother won't marry Harry but she did promise that he'll still be around. "It must be hard so see someone replace Katelyn in a way that is just so hard."

"I hope things work out for you guys, despite him again not asking for my permission to kiss you," Jeff jokes to lighten the mood. Monica laughs and rolls her eyes, thankful all that has happened despite how things ended with Harry. (Well, it hasn't ended - she hopes.)

.

"Call me stupid all you want, Louis, but I do think I made the wise choice," Harry scoffs at his laptop screen where four men are apparent, keeping his voice soft since Athena was asleep in the living room. One in which had been in the U.S. with his wife and kids, going to Disney World and other fascinating places in Florida. It was good to see Zayn again, despite not being in person.

"Well excuse me for shipping you two really hard!" Louis complains, folding his arms across his chest and looking away from the screen. This time Liam scoffs at the oldest.

"I think we all did, Tommo, but we can't blame him. He's been through a lot and this is his final, hardest obstacle to conquer," Liam defends before strumming a few chords on his guitar. The tune being from his new album that is going to be released in t-minus four days.

"This isn't American Ninja Warrior, Liam." Niall rolls his eyes.  "Besides, no one shipped Honica more than I did!"

Harry laughs at his mates before letting his eyes drift to Zayn on the screen, giving him a small smile as Zayn gives him one of understanding - he truly felt for the younger boy. As the three other begin to bicker about who was the bigger "Honica" shipper, Zayn speaks up, "I'm sorry I could't have met her. She sounds amazing."

"She is," Harry says whilst smiling to himself. "I bet she would've loved to tell me that she met five-fifths all while leaping for joy."

"Hey, maybe it won't be the end for you two and then I can meet her. Thanks for leaving the best for last, Haz." The argument between Louis, Liam, and Niall is cut short when hearing this, all of them yelling a complaint about themselves being the best. Harry laughs, thankful for his friends to always make him smile during tough times. He honestly doesn't know where he'd be without them.

- - -

(A/N): NOT EDITED why does this sound like this last chapter? It's simply the second to last one! AHHH THE END IS NEAR AND I AM HAVING MIXED EMOTIONS ABOUT IT ALL. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS THOUGH DESPITE WHAT HAD HAPPENED (pls don't kill me)

Importance of Chapter: We have the overdue talk of Harry and Monica! They both gave their apologies and what is this? Matt has a girlfriend? Yeah, so stop saying his in love with Monica ( c: ). Also, please understand why Harry had to end things. This is a serious problem, being uncomfortable with having someone replace Katelyn as Athena's mother is a HUGE problem. Even though he's okay to move on doesn't mean he's prepared to see Athena consider Monica her mother - the one she will only remember. It's a very sad thought, knowing that the daughter you had with someone won't remember your spouse who helped create them. (I honestly hope you all understand this and don't blow up on Harry.) By the way, they said maybe some time in the future, things will be better for them! (So Honica is not completely done just yet.) Also, we get to see who comforts them during this time. (Gosh, I love Jeff and the boys.)

SONG OF CHAPTER: RIVER FLOWS IN YOU - YIRUMA

Importance of Song: This is typically a song with just piano but here are the words:  If there is a road made just for you That road is right there in your heart If you can, endure it through Then put all of your soul into trusting it Holding you, holding you, it's in you, river flows in you Slowly more slowly There is a river flowing inside me Holding you, holding you, it's in you, river flows in you Waiting the waiting Will I be there then? I want to throw my heart to you So that I can always feel you If you can, hold onto it just a bit longer Then try to put all your heart into it Holding you, holding you, it's in you, river flows in you Slowly more slowly There is a river flowing inside me Holding you, holding you, it's in you, river flows in you Waiting the waiting Will I be there then? Holding you, holding you, it's in you, river flows in you Slowly more slowly There is a river flowing inside me Holding you, holding you, it's in you, river flows in you Waiting the waiting Will I be there then?    

Question(s) for Dedication: What do you think about Harry and Monica's talk? Harry's decision? How does this song (with or without lyrics) relate to this chapter? What's your prediction for Honica's future?

1 CHAPTER LEFT! GO BANANAS WITH VOTES AND COMMENTS PLS

p.s. please go check out my other stories (their all short, fast reads and quite funny if I do say so myself)

p.s.s. this gif makes me feel some type of way 

©2014 TypicalFangirlx. All Rights Reserved.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.4K 95
@harrystyles followed you @harrystyles has liked your post @harrystyles commented on your post book two is being put together NOW
3.6K 28 9
Apparently I have a thing for Jake with older women and Jake with kids, I honestly don't know why. (Published all on July 16th, 2021)
23.9K 431 17
❝ Haven't changed have you Holland. Neither have you y/l. ❞ ⛅️ :: TomHolland x reader
14.5K 592 90
i don't feel never have never will my parents hella disagree hi i'm alyssa welcome to my world started: 24/03/18 finished: 8/8/18