Chapter 22

- Harry & Louis -

Think back on those secondary school years - when your friends knew of your crush and always gave you those looks when they saw you talking to him or her. It is always cunning, as if it was their doing, but mostly suggestive. You would flush red because you knew that look so well, and at the moment, Harry's face was red because of Louis' suggestive look.

Harry and Monica had just arrived to Harry's house, expecting to see Mrs. Tracy in the kitchen and the kids asleep in the room. Instead, they got Louis William Tomlinson eating cookies in the kitchen while sitting on the kitchen island with legs crossed. Monica had gripped his hand tightly when she saw him, he even heard he say "he is so adorable and tiny" but he tried to ignore that comment as he tried to calm his heart beat from when Louis startled him.

Once the introductions were over with, Monica tugged on Harry's arm and went on her toes to whisper, "That's four-fifths, Styles."

Shaking his head with a smile, he leads her to the kitchen table where Louis meets them, after hopping off of the island. Harry tilts his head at the blue-eyed boy. "Not that I don't enjoy your company or anything but what are you doing here?"

"Can't I visit my mate and my niece without any reason?" Louis questions, dramatically appalled. Harry gives him a deadpanned look - knowing that that wasn't the case. Louis raises his hands in defense. "I was gonna go check on Li but the bugger called me halfway into the drive to say that he was going to the studio and so I thought it'd be nice to visit the Styles."

"Liam's gonna have a new single!?" Monica shouts before flushing red at the amused stares the two men gave her.

"I worked on a song with him," Harry says before smiling down at the table. "The day I had first met you."

Monica smiles too. Louis looks at the two and coos mentally, happy to see his mate having that loved-up smile he hadn't seen in so long. (Not that Harry was in love just yet.) And just like that, the three adults emerged themselves into a conversation - one with Louis asking Monica questions, Harry flushing red when Louis'd ask an inappropriate question before telling him to stop and Monica asking if there will be little Louis' running around any time soon. Harry quietly muttered how the world would perish if Louis had offspring.

Louis shoves Harry before looking at Monica with a smile. "We're waiting about two years into marriage before having little Tommo's running around but if it happens any sooner, I wouldn't complain. Especially if they turn out like your little kid, Harry told me how he's basically a mini me."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think that you were the child's father," Harry says with a small chuckle.

But the chuckle is cut short when Monica blurts, "I wish he was the father of my child."

"I think your date wants a piece of the Tommo, Harry." Louis starts laughing loudly as Monica hides her face in embarrassment.

Harry frowns, not only because Monica wished that Louis was the father of her child but because she had basically wished that Matt wasn't. Now, Harry didn't know this lad but he knew from Monica's past with him that he had to have a good reason on leaving such an amazing girl with his child behind. He just didn't know what. Besides, Jake wouldn't be the boy he was today if his father wasn't Matt - he wouldn't contain the sass or his heart or style that he had inherited from Matt. Jake was an amazing child and if he was Louis' child, God almighty, so help him.

But when Monica lifts her head to reveal an embarrassed smile and red face, he realized that she hadn't meant her comment in the way he had heard it. He was sure that if she could go back in time, she wouldn't change anything with Matt - well, maybe not having him leave completely - and probably wouldn't change what was blooming between him. Well, he doesn't know for sure, but he's assuming.