Chapter 35

- Monica & Matt -

There is a controversial topic on what exactly to do after heated arguments. A popular one being that the problem should be solved before the opposing views are put to rest, another being to give each other some space - let the other cool down so they can come back to this later but more calm. There is no right answer, for both options have their benefits. Monica, however, was one for solving the problem but because Harry had "fallen asleep" she had to stick with giving him space.

It was now early March, meaning Liam's release date was getting closer, meaning the tour was approaching fast.

The days spent away from Harry and Athena were spent with Jake and Matt, her mind becoming distracted during that time. And when she'd have to drop Jake off, she'd watch as Harry doesn't loiter the school waiting upon her arrival - he's quick to leave. She knows he's avoiding her, and at one point she was too but all she wanted right now was confrontation. To discuss what exactly had happened that night, and to share what their thoughts were. She could only assume Harry needed more time.

However, she was becoming more antsy as the time away lengthened.

When Jake's at school, she's either at home doing nothing or going to rehearsals - sometimes Matt comes over for they are trying to mend their friendship in order to work for Jake. She simply could not sit still, her mind was always reeling on ways to make things better. Which, is what she's currently doing.

"He asks about him," Matt starts up a conversation, his eyes never leaving his son's energetic movements as he ran around the playground. Monica sits beside him, startled from her thoughts and her grass stare-down. She turns to him with raised eyebrows. He glances to her before looking back to Jake. "Jake asks about Harry a lot."

"What does he ask?" She couldn't decipher weather or not she really wanted to know.

Matt shrugs and tugs at the sleeves of his shirt. "He asks if he and I will be best friends since you two will get married, he asks if we could all go to McDonald's together, he asks where Harry has been, and if you love Harry."

"Oh."

Her simple response alerts Matt, instantly telling him that something had happened. He knows that he and Monica aren't best friends at the very moment but he hopes she knows that she can tell him anything. But by the way she had leaned forward and avoided his eyes, tells him that she won't straight out tell him. He knows that it'll take some time before Monica can fully trust him, he doesn't blame her, he did do something rather awful and cowardly. He can't help but be curious though, she's been hurt once and no way does he want her to be hurt again.

"Had something happened?" He presses on, eyes drifting back to the mother of his child. Sometimes he wonders how they could've been like hadn't he left her. Would they have more than one child? Will they have a house and dog they always dreamed about? Would Jake be the same boy he was today? He shakes his head in order to get rid of those thoughts.

Just as Monica's lips parted, Jake runs up to his parents with a wide grin. Today he adorned a shirt Matt had bought him, a gray and blue plaid button down, and khakis - he wanted to dress exactly like his father and that includes the tousled hair. (Matt found it enduring that his son wanted to dress like him.) "Mummy! 'thena and Harry are here!"

This startles them both, their eyes darting around the small park in search of a tall brunet and a tiny blonde. Matt's the first out of the two to spot them and when he does, he nudges Monica and points in their direction. "I guess your problem could be solved today."

But just as Matt pulls Jake onto his lap and as Monica spots Harry, he sees them as well. Green eyes scan over the scene before him - Monica and Matt sitting together with a content Jake; a family. He says something to Athena, who clearly hadn't seen them just yet, before they're both turning around and walking away. Monica is quick to react by standing up and running over to the retreating father and daughter.